TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 19.12%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

44 32.35%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

49 36.03%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.94%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.56%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    How frequent are suicide bombings at weddings in Chattanooga? Asking for a friend.
    I dunno. Maybe every other month or so. It doesn't happen often. We're good Christian folk down here.

Sure other Prezzies have given the police war gear but it's the timing of this announcement and the evil fuck-stick put in charge of rolling it out that is of concern. How long until chanting "lock him up" at a baseball game is labeled as violent gang behaviour? I am exaggerating, of course. Or am I?
    We live in fucky times, though I don't think they're quite that fucky just yet.

The surge the purge tomato tomato.

Politico has an article about the history of Russian interference in US elections:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ference-229884

Until the election of Donald Trump, no sitting president had ever requested a foreign government’s help to discredit a political rival. Coupled with Trump’s appeal to Russia during the 2016 campaign that Moscow use its cyber power to uncover Hillary Clinton’s missing emails, not to mention his eldest son’s eagerness to accept anti-Clinton material from Kremlin allies, Trump’s willingness to allow foreign governments to influence American elections is historically unprecedented.

Just how unprecedented becomes clear when you look back at the long history of attempts by foreign powers (almost always Russia) to tip an outcome to their advantage. On multiple occasions since the start of the Cold War, Moscow has proffered money, dirt and manpower to undermine a candidate perceived to be harmful to their interests. But in nearly every instance, the interference never came to pass. And this is the starkest difference between Trump and other presidential candidates—and between Trump and every one of his presidential predecessors. Where Trump has welcomed such assistance—and, in the case of his controversial call to Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky, demanded it—other candidates, to a man, rejected the aid.

[...]

We have known for decades that when it comes to foreign interference efforts, campaigns are the front-line—the first targeted, and the first to know. And for decades, the campaigns’ refusals have stopped interference efforts in their tracks. As we already know, hostile regimes such as Russia successfully injected themselves into the 2016 election—without asking permission—coaxing armed white supremacists onto the street, stealing internal emails and planting fake news stories, and creating some of the most popular social media feeds during the election. And Russia is almost certainly gaming out how to reprise its efforts in 2020. The difference now is that the interference, after decades, has been sanctioned by the president himself.
    [...]

One person's facts are another person's deflections.
    He's simply trolling with the classical "I defend the people, the REAL people" pretending.

"You DEGENERATEl! I'm the one who loves peace, I'm the one with poors and their needs and genuine desires.....not the ones you SCUMBAG LIBTARDZZZZZ want inoculate in them. I'm the one with Marx, not you TRAITORS of the Revolution: You're BASTARD but the people will punish you electing ME in my holy rage! Like in the French Revolution! We'll beheading you bureaucratic snakes! (like the islamists you love so much, you TRAITORS of GOD!!!!111)"

Yeah, great acting! No one can see it!
    Here's in Italy a man (Salvini) came from nowhere and now want presidency with this ONLY tactic. And yes, it works in this neomedioeval times.

It's why I fear democracy.

(Salvini in the center)
    Last edited by lowenz; 30th Oct 2019 at 05:31.

Even after that shameful betrayal, Syrian Kurds still come through for the US, with one of their assets getting close enough to the late terrorist leader to nick his knickers:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ants-dna-test/

Syrian Kurd undercover agent took a pair of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi’s underwear for DNA identification ahead of the US raid that killed the jihadist leader, a Kurdish official said on Monday.

Polat Can, a senior adviser to the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), published details of the intelligence work that led to the US raid in which the founder of the Islamic State group was killed.

"Since 15 May, we have been working together with the CIA to track al-Baghdadi and monitor him closely," he said.

[...]

He said the US raid that killed Baghdadi in the northwestern province of Idlib was largely the result of SDF intelligence work, although Turkey’s offensive against the Kurds launched October 9 had delayed the operation.

"Our intelligence source was involved in sending coordinates, directing the airdrop, participating in and making the operation a success until the last minute," Polat Can said.
    [...]

Drain the swamp:

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...s-reveals-quid

Offering what one observer called "a crystal clear picture of how money buys influence in U.S. politics," leaked audio obtained Tuesday by consumer watchdog group Allied Progress showed executives from some of the largest payday lenders in the U.S. boasting about how they have used campaign donations to purchase access to President Donald Trump's White House.

One of the audio clips posted online by Allied Progress features Advance Financial founder and CEO Michael Hodges explaining how his donations to Trump's presidential campaign have given him the power to contact the White House about desired policy changes.

"When you go and speak to the administration through the campaign, they will listen," said Hodges. "For example, I've gone to [Republican National Committee Chairwoman] Ronna McDaniel and said, 'Ronna, I need help on something,' she's been able to call over to the White House and say, 'Hey, we have one of our large givers. They need an audience. They want, they need to be heard. And you need to listen to them.'"

Hodges said the Trump White House "has been helpful on this particular rule that we're working on right now," apparently referring to an Obama-era Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) regulation designed to prevent consumers from falling into debt traps due to high-interest loans.

The CFPB, run by Trump appointee Kathy Kraninger, took the first steps toward scrapping the rule in February. Allied Progress said "the payday industry will reap over $7 billion every year in fees from the most vulnerable communities in the United States" if the CFPB succeeds in killing the regulation.

Max Wood of Borrow Smart Compliance, a consultant for the payday industry, said during the webinar that "the needle moved in our favor" after Trump's victory in the 2016 presidential election.

"President Trump is really the backstop," said Wood.

In a statement Tuesday, Allied Progress director Derek Martin said the recordings represent "the worst of Washington, D.C.—wealthy executives buying off politicians so they can keep their predatory business model intact."

"It's not surprising payday lenders are exploiting President Trump's fondness for quid pro quos, because it clearly works," added Martin. "The president and his team at the CFPB have no good reason to push millions more people towards 400 percent interest loans and the payday debt trap. They're acting solely on the millions of bad reasons payday lenders keep contributing to his campaign, and the industry clearly feels emboldened by that."

"The president pledged to drain the swamp, instead it appears he's catering to the alligators," Martin said.

It's how democracy really works.....lobbysm.

Democracy is also what got the CFPB going, thanks largely to people like Elizabeth Warren who have made it their life's mission to fight for the little guy. It's for a good reason Democratic donors threaten to support Lord Dampnut if she's the nominee.

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Democracy is also what got the CFPB going, thanks largely to people like Elizabeth Warren who have made it their life's mission to fight for the little guy. It's for a good reason Democratic donors threaten to support Lord Dampnut if she's the nominee.
    was she fighting for the little guy when she voted to increase military spending? or was she just listening to the war chants of her ancestors?

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    He's simply trolling with the classical "I defend the people, the REAL people" pretending.

"You DEGENERATEl! I'm the one who loves peace, I'm the one with poors and their needs and genuine desires.....not the ones you SCUMBAG LIBTARDZZZZZ want inoculate in them. I'm the one with Marx, not you TRAITORS of the Revolution: You're BASTARD but the people will punish you electing ME in my holy rage! Like in the French Revolution! We'll beheading you bureaucratic snakes! (like the islamists you love so much, you TRAITORS of GOD!!!!111)"

Yeah, great acting! No one can see it!
    Here's in Italy a man (Salvini) came from nowhere and now want presidency with this ONLY tactic. And yes, it works in this neomedioeval times.

It's why I fear democracy.

(Salvini in the center)
    it's funny that you on a small level realize exactly what you are doing and how you should feel, there is hope for you yet.

I predict the party is going to run away from Warren just in time for the primaries, like they did to Howard Dean in 2004. The closer we get to the first caucuses and primaries, the more nervous hand wringing we're seeing from certain Democrat circles and the mainstream press about whether there is an electable candidate in the field. It's bad enough that Hillary Clinton is getting some airtime.

Democrat leaders seem convinced that Warren and Sanders can't appeal to independent voters, which I think is completely wrong. Bernie had a lot of independent support last time around, and I think Warren's populism will have crossover appeal too. But suppose they're right. It doesn't matter. To beat Trump, all they have to do is ensure there is good turnout. This election is the best opportunity in a long time to elect a truly progressive candidate because they don't need moderate independents to win.

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    it's funny that you on a small level realize exactly what you are doing and how you should feel, there is hope for you yet.

JK - putting the pat in patronising.

JK - putting the pat in patronising.
    I’m a damn midget. So I would be the short one there. Most of you simply don’t get the crap you have endorsed/supported simply bean eloquent war hawk sold you the idea

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    was she fighting for the little guy when she voted to increase military spending? or was she just listening to the war chants of her ancestors?
    Like when she voted against this year's bloated defence budget? Of course, senators look to cater to the defence industries of the states they are representing and sometimes their votes are influenced by that. Even Bernie has done that for Vermont. But her presidential platform also includes cracking down on the outsized influence of defence contractors and introducing some rules on lobbying. And there's no reason to think she would handle defence contractors with any softer gloves than she has treated big banks. She was the only one to grill Mark Esper (Secretary of Defence) about his working for Raytheon and ask him to recuse himself from decisions that would benefit the company (which, btw, is one of the top five employers in her state).
    Last edited by Starker; 30th Oct 2019 at 16:28.

circus is getting bigger . house passed resolution and republicans got what they asked for

Moderator and Priest
    I like how Trump tried blaming the little dip in the Dow Jones today on the impeachment proceedings. Someone should tell him that the last time we impeached a president, the stock market soared.

Moderator and Priest
    I found this video earlier today. Based upon what's currently known, it details exactly what the big deal is concerning Trump and his actions in Ukraine from a legal perspective, and what may be a violation of what laws.

Moderator and Priest
    Okay, people. We now have two different takes on the issue at hand. Based upon the evidence presented in each, which one sounds like it argues it's case better?

Levine was just painful to listen to. He sure loves those false equivalents. Muller pursuing foreign leads in a corruption investigation = tRump extorting a desperate country for dirt on rivals. People are dying because of 45's hubris and inhumanity.
    Last edited by Nicker; 1st Nov 2019 at 23:22.

Moderator and Priest
    What Fox News and crew are doing is listing out the basics while ignoring the most damning parts of the accusations.

Yes, Trump can negotiate quid pro quos with other nations. That's one of the assigned tasks of the Executive Branch.

Yes, Trump can withhold congressionally assigned funds earmarked to foreign nations if he feels it's in the best interest of the United States to do so.

Yes, Trump can pressure the DOJ to investigate an opposing candidate, even during an election season.

What they're refusing to acknowledge is how he used these powers, and for what purpose. The intent.

Is Trump using the powers granted him by his office for the good of the United States, or for the good of Donald J. Trump? If it's the former, that's perfectly legal. The latter? Very much illegal. Trump as president is a public figure, occupying a public office. That he uses the powers of his office for the good of the public isn't a mere consideration, it's a legal expectation. Breaking this expectation, and using your granted powers for your own gain is the textbook definition of corruption.

this is the twist of the knife that's being ignore. What Vae, and the talking heads he listens to on Youtube are refusing to acknowledge. If you're president, you can only use the powers of the presidency for the good of America. Withholding funds to pressure a foreign power into cooperating with your personal lawyer who's acting as an unofficial investigator in order to dig up dirt on a opposing candidate during an election season can't in any way be construed as being in the best interests of the country as a whole.

Moderator and Priest
    For comparison to a similar case, see Rod Blagojevich.

I'm bemused by some of the Trump pets getting all up in arms over an allegation - containing not a shred of evidence - that Obama/Clinton instigated the DoJ Russia investigation, while denying Trump's outright admission that he pushed for a foreign investigation into Biden's family.

Trump's action is worse in every dimension. For one thing, there's no doubt it happened, as opposed to contradicted by all available evidence. Second, it's foreign influencing, rather than intra-administration. Third, there was the quid pro quo aspect. Fourth, the Russia investigation turned up real results while the Biden-ish re-investigation into settled issues isn't expected (nor in all likelihood even intended) to find anything new and relevant.

It takes some deep partisan mirror house glasses to invent an issue in the former and not see the issue in the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    "Weak Impeachment" , man, GOP propaganda gone far.

We need a STRONG impeachment, not a SUBHUMAN impeachment for the WEAK!!11111
    The REAL impeachment must DESTROY you like the nuclear warheads in our precious silos!!!!111

"Weak allegations" please.....and I'm not even a good english-speaking person.
    Ah pardon, we need a STRONG ENGLIGH to Make Murica grEEd and Gain.....
    Last edited by lowenz; 2nd Nov 2019 at 05:22.

Page 465 of 523 FirstFirst ... 215365415420425430435440445450455460461462463464465466467468469470475480485490495500505510515 ... LastLast