TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

    26 19.12%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

    44 32.35%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

    49 36.03%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

    4 2.94%
  • I don't know what's going on!

    13 9.56%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

  1. #11751
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    When a man unprincipled in private life, desperate in his fortune, bold in his temper, despotic in his ordinary demeanour, known to have scoffed in private at the principles of liberty – when such a man is seen to mount the hobby horse of popularity to join in the cry of danger to liberty, to take every opportunity of embarrassing the General Government, and bringing it under suspicion to flatter and fall in with all the nonsense of the zealots of the day, it may justly be suspected that his object is to throw things into confusion that he may ride the storm and direct the whirlwind.

    It's nigh on about fucking spooky, ain't it?

  2. #11752
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    exactly, trump can deny everything and say Rudy went rogue etc etc etc, but even then you don't have a single person pointing to rudy.

  3. #11753
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Taylor and Kent both pointed to Rudy in their testimony.

    By itself, their testimony isn't the oft mentioned smoking gun everyone is expecting, but their testimony can be used as evidence to a greater whole. The democrats are building a case here, and they've still got, I believe, 11 more witnesses expected to testify over the coming weeks. There's even more if you count those who have been called, but are ignoring their subpoenas.

    ...which, by the way, is a gross expansion of the powers of the executive branch, given that congress is a check on the powers of the presidency. I'm surprised you're not spitting nails over this one.

    This all or nothing approach to the investigation that assumes if every word doesn't prove Trump guilty, then he's absolutely innocent is pretty damn stupid. I mean, there's no way anyone could listen to what Bill Taylor said and come away with "well, that wasn't all that bad."

    Here's his transcript if you want to read it.

  4. #11754
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Taylor and Kent both pointed to Rudy in their testimony.

    By itself, their testimony isn't the oft mentioned smoking gun everyone is expecting, but their testimony can be used as evidence to a greater whole. The democrats are building a case here, and they've still got, I believe, 11 more witnesses expected to testify over the coming weeks. There's even more if you count those who have been called, but are ignoring their subpoenas.

    ...which, by the way, is a gross expansion of the powers of the executive branch, given that congress is a check on the powers of the presidency. I'm surprised you're not spitting nails over this one.

    This all or nothing approach to the investigation that assumes if every word doesn't prove Trump guilty, then he's absolutely innocent is pretty damn stupid. I mean, there's no way anyone could listen to what Bill Taylor said and come away with "well, that wasn't all that bad."

    Here's his transcript if you want to read it.
    I did not support Obama using EP, sure as hell don't support trump.
    don't confuse me stating facts with support for trump, BOTH sides tend to go full retard and BOTH sides play the same stupid fucking partisan games .. clinton was let go by the senate, I imagine the same will be done for trump.

  5. #11755
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    GOP: We can't know what happenned unless someone with firsthand knowledge testifies.
    Also the GOP: No one with firsthand knowledge needs to testify.

    The Cavanaugh defense. It's not even incoherent. To use the image before, one thing needs to change... "But was there witnesses or a video tape? Of course there are witnesses and a tape. But they're not relevant because I didn't do it. I rest my case."

    So there was the witnessed phone call. Trump asked point blank how the investigation was going. Shock and surprise was felt throughout the country. Can we finish this and get back to our regularly scheduled sitcoms now?

  6. #11756
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    I did not support Obama using EP, sure as hell don't support trump.
    don't confuse me stating facts with support for trump, BOTH sides tend to go full retard and BOTH sides play the same stupid fucking partisan games .. clinton was let go by the senate, I imagine the same will be done for trump.
    Clinton had bipartisan support both for his impeachment, and for nixing his removal from office.

    Obama's attempt to use Executive Privilege to protect Holder during the Fast and Furious fiasco was eventually found illegal by the courts, and the White House was forced to turn over a couple thousand documents pertaining to that particular fuckup, right?

    What Trump is doing now isn't that dissimilar. He can't use Executive Privilege to conspiring to a crime, or to hide acts of ineptitude. The only reason why the people directly involved in this current hoolabaloo are allowed to ignore congressional subpoenas is because the Republicans suddenly found themselves holding different standards than they did a few years ago, and they know it'll take at least a year for the case to be brought before SCOTUS, which is nice, given that this impeachment hearing has something of a time limit on it.

  7. #11757
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Clinton had bipartisan support both for his impeachment, and for nixing his removal from office.

    Obama's attempt to use Executive Privilege to protect Holder during the Fast and Furious fiasco was eventually found illegal by the courts, and the White House was forced to turn over a couple thousand documents pertaining to that particular fuckup, right?

    What Trump is doing now isn't that dissimilar. He can't use Executive Privilege to conspiring to a crime, or to hide acts of ineptitude. The only reason why the people directly involved in this current hoolabaloo are allowed to ignore congressional subpoenas is because the Republicans suddenly found themselves holding different standards than they did a few years ago, and they know it'll take at least a year for the case to be brought before SCOTUS, which is nice, given that this impeachment hearing has something of a time limit on it.
    trump still has the head of a CEO and the stupidity that goes with it.

  8. #11758
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Shame we can't do anything to rein him in, huh? Oh, wait. We can.

  9. #11759
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Looks like Giuliani is under the spotlight now too.

    Man, Trump's lawyers just can't seem to catch a break, can they?

  10. #11760
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    95% of lawyers belong in the bottom of the ocean

  11. #11761
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Rick Wilson succinctly lays out what the first hearing brought:

    https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/st...72709857292288

    Did more or less evidence emerge that damns the President?

    More.

    Did the fact pattern become more or less clear?

    More.

    Did the Trump lackeys look more or less like they are grasping at the straws of hearsay, whistleblower identity, and "Ukraine deserved it?

    More.

  12. #11762
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    I don't know if he has a brain quite as big and lawyerly as Dema's, but the Legal Eagle guy has done a video on hearsay:


  13. #11763
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...-wall-n1082316

    The Trump administration is preparing court filings to begin taking over private land to build its long-promised border wall as early as this week — without confirming how much it will pay landowners first, according to two officials familiar with the process.

    [...]

    In a typical eminent domain case, the government agrees on an amount of money before it seizes the land. In the past, the government has paid landowners along the Texas-Mexico border $100 for 18 months of unfettered, unannounced access, according to Ricky Garza, an attorney with the Texas Civil Rights Project. Garza's group represents five Texas landowners whose property is in the path of the planned wall and who oppose its construction.

    According to two officials familiar with the process, however, government attorneys may file under the Declaration of Taking Act in federal court in Texas, which could expedite the process for the government purchase of private land along the border.

    If the government files under that law, and its action survives expected legal challenges, the title would automatically transfer to the government. The government has to name the price it expects to pay, but actual negotiations with the landowners about the price don't begin until after the land is taken.

    The Declaration of Taking Act is meant to be reserved for emergencies. Earlier this year the Trump administration declared the situation at the border a national emergency. A federal judge ruled in October that President Donald Trump violated federal law when he used his declaration of a national emergency to pull millions from military funding for building the wall. The ruling did not apply to other sources of funds, however.

    [...]

    Garza said there are hundreds if not close to one thousand landowners in Texas who own land in the path of plans for a border wall. The winding Texas border with Mexico is more than 1,200 miles long. Garza added that in Texas, unlike other border states, the majority of the land along the border is private, and has been passed down through families for generations.

  14. #11764
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    wonder if liberals are going to cry again on election night come 2020 like they did last time
    .

  15. #11765
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    No liberal has cried as hard about losing as Lord Dampnut has about winning.

  16. #11766
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    that was indeed funny, his face was like *****wtf? I won? wtf I do now?*****

  17. #11767
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    "I know! Be a dipshit for 4 years, get all the people who helped me thrown in jail, and whine about it all on Twitter nonstop! BEST PRESIDENT EVER!"

  18. #11768
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    we reap what we sow, endless years of voting the lesser evil........

  19. #11769
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Listen, JK. Donald Trump is the president, and...

    ...get this.

    Trent Reznor just won a Country Music Award.

    What next? Hillary Clinton beatboxing to Cyprus Hill? Miley Cyrus covering a NIN song? Oh shiiiitttt....

    THE STARS HAVE ALIGNED! THE SIGNS AND PORTENTS ARE RIFE! THE WORLD IS FUCKING ENDING! WE ARE ALL GOING. TO. DIE.

  20. #11770
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    SAYS the guy who loves nickel back.................that is one thing I don't get about you .

  21. #11771
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Why don't you shut the fuck up before I kill your face?

  22. #11772
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Location: Canuckistan GWN
    I wonder if this will change the Trumpistphere?


  23. #11773
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Something something something Deep State, What About Hillary.

  24. #11774
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Location: Canuckistan GWN
    Stephen Miller busted for white nationalism - White House charges alternative racism!

    An analysis of more than 900 emails from Miller to editors at Breitbart News, the report shows Miller’s single-minded focus on nonwhite immigration and his immersion in an online ecosystem of virulent, unapologetic racism. The Miller of these emails isn’t just an immigration restrictionist, he’s an ideological white nationalist.
    The White House has pushed back against the report. “This is clearly a form of anti-Semitism to levy these attacks against a Jewish staffer,” an unnamed official told Axios.

  25. #11775
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Something something something what about ANTIFA or BLM?

Page 471 of 524 FirstFirst ... 221371421426431436441446451456461466467468469470471472473474475476481486491496501506511516521 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •