TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 19.70%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

41 31.06%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

48 36.36%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 3.03%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.85%
Page 472 of 479 FirstFirst ... 222372422427432437442447452457462467468469470471472473474475476477 ... LastLast
Results 11,776 to 11,800 of 11958

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

Trump tries a little live, witness intimidation, while Marie Yovanovitch testified before Congress.

“I obviously don’t dispute that the president has the right to withdraw an ambassador at any time, for any reason,” Ms. Yovanovitch said under questioning by Ohio Republican Brad Wenstrup. “But what I do wonder is why it was necessary to smear my reputation, falsely?”

The President’s Twitter outburst Friday creates a dangerous situation for current foreign-service staff abroad, said Brett Bruen, a former diplomat who served as director of engagement in the Obama White House. It gives foreign leaders “carte blanche to go after … our most senior diplomats overseas, because the President did it.”​
    Oh, it's just Trump being Trump. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    I wonder if this will change the Trumpistphere?
    The current administration is creating lots of jobs...

...for criminal defence lawyers.

What is a 401-K and what percentage of US citizens have one?

401K is a tax deferred investment account for retirement partially through an employer. Less then half of all US citizen have one.

If that is intimidation I’m guessing most of you need a safe space from words your boss might say ...

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    If that is intimidation I’m guessing most of you need a safe space from words your boss might say ...
    If you've got a boss who gives impromptu public negative performance reviews while you're testifying at a hearing about alleged crimes committed by said boss? What you need is the witness protection program, cause you straight up work for the mafia.

Ambassador works for the mafia. Got it

When the president's associates send witnesses messages like, "You're a rat," and "Prepare to die," what's the difference?

Moderator and Priest
    You got a link for that, Starker? Trump's about as dumb as box of orange rocks, but even he's savvy enough to know to imply threats, rather than state them outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    When the president's associates send witnesses messages like, "You're a rat," and "Prepare to die," what's the difference?
    Seriously. ? If you can’t tell the difference then there is no hope for you

Moderator and Priest
    Seriously. ? If you can’t tell the difference then there is no hope for you
    That said, a threat doesn't necessary have to be written in big, bold letters, flashing "I'll Kill Your Family" in neon red to be considered a threat. That Trump reduces, publicly shames, and occasionally professionally ruins anyone who dares stand against him illustrates that he's willing to go the extra mile to deal with those who cross him.

It's behavior we used to not tolerate from our elected officials, but we do now for some reason.

For example, James Comey and Robert Mueller were once considered among the best the Republicans had to offer up until their paths crossed Trump, now they're treated as traitors openly derided by the president and his base. I imagine Bill Taylor will suffer a similar fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    You got a link for that, Starker? Trump's about as dumb as box of orange rocks, but even he's savvy enough to know to imply threats, rather than state them outright.
    I was talking about Lord Dampnut's associate Roger Stone who apparently is every bit as dumb and awaiting sentencing right now. Though the president also has openly talked about his disdain for people who flip, i.e. cooperate with authorities and tell the truth.

The whole thing is ran like a Mafia outfit. Remember when Lord Dampnut met the FBI director for dinner to ask loyalty from him? Not to mention Rudy Giuliani being on the payroll of Lev and Igor.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    I imagine Bill Taylor will suffer a similar fate.
    The smear campaign is already in full swing. Why do you think they want the identity of the whistleblower revealed so badly?

Omg. Kavanough went through the same crap

No. He was credibly accused of sexual assault, but he didn't brag about it. That's one difference between him and Lord Dampnut.

Moderator and Priest
    Yeah, something like that coming from Stone isn't that surprising.

Though keep in mind that when you're arguing against someone defending Trump, you should only mention what Trump himself has done. In other words, it doesn't matter if Stone, Mulvaney, Nunes, Graham, or any of the other hardline Trump supporters threatened her in his stead, they'll say you can't hold Trump accountable for their actions, even if said actions are to his immediate benefit.

Know your audience.

Moderator and Priest
    The Kavanaugh hearing was a complete clusterfuck.

I don't believe that woman lied, and I don't believe the Democrats hired her out for an attempt at character assassination. But on that same note, she didn't have anything but her half remembered testimony to stand on, which was SO VERY EASILY countered. It shouldn't have been brought up, and it ended up doing a lot more harm than good to everyone involved.

There were lots of other issues with that particular nominee, though. Like that college party where he showed his wiener in the face of a girl. And this is an incident that lots of people witnessed and that was the talk of the campus.

Never mind him completely losing his shit and vowing to have revenge on Democrats.

Moderator and Priest
    Yeah, I'd say his reaction to it all is probably the most damning thing against him.

We're talking about the highest court in the land, who's standards are usually so exacting, people are turned down on the merest concerns they'll put their politics before the law. Hell, back in the 80's, Ginsberg withdrew himself from the proceedings due to rumors he smoked a joint in college being circulated.

Then we have ole Kavanaugh, and his very public temper tantrum on live TV. I love the excuses that were made for him. "He was mad", "he was shamed", "he was under a lot of pressure." Well, given the responsibilities he's being tasked with, if he can't handle the pressure with any grace or poise, he's not fit for the role then, is he?

How about... "she's going to go through some stuff". Taken in the context of this...

On the April night she answered a 1 a.m. phone call instructing her to take the next plane back to Washington, Marie L. Yovanovitch, the ousted United States ambassador to Ukraine, was at her home in Kiev — after having just finished hosting an event to honor a young anticorruption activist who had been killed in horrific fashion.

The activist, Kateryna Handziuk, was outside her home in the Ukrainian city of Kherson in July 2018 when someone splashed her with a quart of sulfuric acid, severely burning more than 30 percent of her body. After 11 surgeries over three months, Ms. Handziuk succumbed to her excruciating wounds. She was 33.
    OK JK, let's hear your glib dismissal now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    How about... "she's going to go through some stuff". Taken in the context of this...

OK JK, let's hear your glib dismissal now.
    Where did that Happen? You are welcomed

And a hearty Sunday FUCK YOU too, jk.

$20 is$20. Did you know “ bless your heart” is more appropriate?

Moderator and Priest
    Given that you're not a sassy southern lady, there's no way in hell you could pull "bless your heart" off, and have it make an impact.

Same goes for the rest of you. Don't appropriate my culture.

are assuming my gender and heritage? How DARE you...

Moderator and Priest
    Don't worry, JK. Everyone here knows you're an elderly Vietnamese woman.

Page 472 of 479 FirstFirst ... 222372422427432437442447452457462467468469470471472473474475476477 ... LastLast