TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 19.70%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

41 31.06%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

48 36.36%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 3.03%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.85%
Page 477 of 477 FirstFirst ... 227377427432437442447452457462467472473474475476477
Results 11,901 to 11,922 of 11922

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    A literal smoking gun wouldn't convince any of them and they're proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    I dunno. Three bucks?
    What is it with you and the nineteenth century?

At least the US doesn't go down without a fight. Professor Pamela Karlan lays out the grounds for impeachment at the hearing:

Democratic counsel's questioning:

Republican counsel's questioning:

Last edited by Starker; 4th Dec 2019 at 15:52.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    What is it with you and the nineteenth century?
    Prices were reasonable back then. You could buy, like, half a county for $2000 and a sturdy mule.

For anyone who ignored my previous link because it's from FOX.

It's OK to believe it. Here's an MSN link, so you have a source that it's socially acceptable to get news from also talking about it:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...XIPKI?ocid=sf2

Moderator and Priest
    Goddamn, that's obnoxious.

Moderator and Priest
    Looks like the impeachment is going to go forward.

...and now the real fun begins. This will be an absolute circus.

This link is for people who wonder why on earth I have zero faith in the “reputable news outlets”

https://www.mckinsey.com/about-us/me...ZdilMT8hiDa5fE

It’s a McKinsey statement that rebuts a hit piece.

I know a lot of people who work for those consulting firms in the public practices. The McKinsey statement is factual and the “journalism” is bullshit on all points where McKinsey’s statement calls it out as such.

Moderator and Priest
    Going by my research, McKinsey themselves have been involved in a number of minor to moderate scandals. Their indirect, but rather callous role in the opioid epidemic being the most recent one.

In the end, it's all about people desperately wanting to dig up dirt, and others attempting to save face. You all like to pretend that this whole "crooked media" thing is a recent development, but the truth is the media has been extremely sensationalist, always opinionated since the moment the first newspaper rolled off a printing press. The only difference between then and now is our attitude towards it.

They sell the news. It's their job. Making the news even more scandalous and entertaining moves more papers. That's simple economics. If it bleeds, it leads. But the fact is, there will always be people out there for them to dig up dirt on, some powerful person or deeply embedded politician doing something they shouldn't be doing, and they will fight back when the media starts printing their full name right on the headlines.

Realize that the media rarely lies, but always spins, and the people they're attacking usually (though not always, there are plenty of exceptions) deserve it. If you want the full story in a society where the media has free reign to do whatever the hell they feel like, then don't read your news exclusively from one source, and always, always take everything everyone says with a grain of salt.

As if consulting firms are bastions of honesty, so all it takes to dismiss an mainstream news article is a denial of wrongdoing.

Also, not reading news from exclusively one source is basic media literacy. As is stuff like tracking down sources, checking the byline, and independently verifying the facts. Unfortunately, a not insignificant percentage of people can't even seem to clear the hurdle of basic reading comprehension a lot of the times, let alone being able to handle any deeper analysis.

In a bit of a side Barr (see what I did there?), John Durham, the prosecutor appointed by AG Billy Barr to "investigate the investigators", the one charged with ripping the top off of the real scandal, the totally fake and made up investigation by Robert Mueller, has found no evidence to suggest that there was a vast conspiracy to frame Trump.

Even the prosecutor personally selected by Attorney General Bill Barr to review the Russia probe couldn’t find evidence to back up right-wing conspiracy theories about the origins of the investigation.

The Washington Post reported Wednesday that Connecticut US Attorney John Durham, whom Barr tapped in May to examine the origins of the Russia inquiry, said he doesn’t have evidence to back up the allegation that the FBI planted an informant to “spy” on the Trump campaign.
    Big surprises out of Washington, I know.

Also, Nunes is fucked, according to phone records.

So I managed to get myself banned from the largest Catholic group on Facebook after the admin posted a rule that anyone "bashing" America or Trump would be removed.

My response:

I REFUSE TO COMPROMISE THE FAITH FOR THE SAKE OF POLITICAL LOYALTY. I will stand by that choice even if doing so means angering other Catholics who will not stand up for the faith or exclusion from groups that choose politicians over moral law

I encourage every other Catholic to make the same choice because to do otherwise is to deny the faith in the same way that Peter did, and to violate the commandment at Fatima not to alter the message of the faith
    I then said "example:" and posted links to some trump policies and "victories" that directly go against Catholic moral doctrine.

Unsurprisingly I was banned almost instantly after people started showing support for my position.

In the end, it's all about people desperately wanting to dig up dirt, and others attempting to save face. You all like to pretend that this whole "crooked media" thing is a recent development, but the truth is the media has been extremely sensationalist, always opinionated since the moment the first newspaper rolled off a printing press. The only difference between then and now is our attitude towards it.
    That's true to some degree.

Mathematically the statement that "it's always been this way" isn't true. They've discovered that the emotion most directly correlated with user engagement (likes/comments/shares) is anger and algorithmically the tone of media coverage has shifted drastically since the start of the social media era with a huge shift towards headlines designed to generate rage.

But the fact is, there will always be people out there for them to dig up dirt on, some powerful person or deeply embedded politician doing something they shouldn't be doing, and they will fight back when the media starts printing their full name right on the headlines.
    That's the paradigm of the news we learned from watching movies and TV like that one Law and Order episode where the reporter was shot for getting too close to a major pharmaceutical company.

The reality of corporatized news is one where they depend on access to and advertisements from the rich and powerful: a comic critical of John Deer results in them calling up the paper to get the cartoonist fired, where ABC spikes the Epstein story to protect him and his associates, the New York times covers up the Harvey Weinstein story to protect him, CNN carries water for the bush administration to support the Iraq War, Fox and Friends flatters Trump to stay in his good graces, and reporters get blacklisted for having the temerity to ask Obama a hard question about another journalist being held hostage.

How did the Epstein story get back in the news? An independent, nominally right-wing journalist named Mike Cernovich got his hands on the court documents from Florida that exposed grievous misconduct in the case. How did we learn that the Iraq War was actually a disaster? Julian Assange got leaked documents from then "Bradley" Manning. How did we learn about the NSA and the corruption in Brazil? Glenn Greenwald reported from independent outlets like the Guardian and now his own Intercept.

Even this "quid pro quo" thing was achieved by a whisteblower and not the "journalists".

Besides which we can look at that in a very simple way:

Is it even remotely reasonable to believe that major news outlets, who are owned and operated by the Billionaire class are going to run news coverage that goes against the interests of the Billionaire class?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    How did the Epstein story get back in the news? An independent, nominally right-wing journalist named Mike Cernovich got his hands on the court documents from Florida that exposed grievous misconduct in the case.
    Except that Miami Herald also petitioned for the documents to be opened, had already started to investigate, and subsequently reported on Epstein extensively, which among other things included tracking down more than 60 of Epstein's victims and obtaining thousands of FBI and court records, lawsuits, and witness depositions in addition to the sealed court documents you're talking about. They did more journalistic work than some men's rights activist blogger/youtuber ever could. As for his journalistic integrity, remember that time when he tried peddle poorly forged documents purporting to show Chuck Schumer had sexually harassed someone? And let's not forget that it was Cernovich who heavily promoted the "Hillary is dying" and Pizzagate bullshit, and lots of other conspiracy theories before and since.

Also, he's not just "nominally right-wing", he's all in:

http://archive.is/JtEAY#selection-1539.0-1539.122

I went from libertarian to alt-right after realizing tolerance only went one way and diversity is code for white genocide.
    And, to top it all off, he himself has been charged with rape and has openly bragged about abusing women.

Yeah, what an upstanding example of an independent journalist.

Moderator and Priest
    To hop over on the flipside of things for a bit, Presidential hopeful Michael Bloomberg forbids his own publication from investigating Democrat candidates.

This won't accomplish anything except ruining the reputation of his own little media empire.

...oh, and anyone who thinks Cernovich is "nominally right-wing" is a straight up fucking idiot.

Bloomberg. Another billionaire fuckup throwing his ill gotten weight around.

Tony, are you serious that there are significant numbers of American Catholics who adore Trump? Is that group endorsed by any clergy or is it a layperson's group?

Moderator and Priest
    At the very least, you can say that the admins of that Facebook group are probably big Trump supporters. Though in general, Catholic support for Trump is, at best, pretty middling from what I've seen. They don't loathe him, but they're not exactly big fans either.

This is opposed to the Evangelicals. For every 10 of them, 8 believe he's Jesus Christ II, and the other 2 believe him to be merely a prophet. Biblical scholars are using this as evidence that we should expect a schism here soon that'll lead to another Abrahamic religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    So, it turns out that the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee had some phone calls to Lev Parnas and Rudy Giuliani that he really should have disclosed:
    Remember when they called the FORMER HEAD OF THE NSA (Bill Binney) a "conspiracy theorist" because he didn't agree with the "Russian hacking" claims
    from the CIA?

Now they are calling John Solomon, a Robert F. Kennedy Journalism Award winner:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_S...ntator)#Awards

a "conspiracy theorist".

You know how I know both those claims are wrong?

1) The NSA ALREADY HAS ALL THE INFO SO THIS WHOLE "DEBATE" IS NONSENSE. FOIA THE NSA. THE FACT THAT NOBODY IN EITHER PARTY HAS == THEY ARE LYING!!!

2) RUSSIAN STATE SPONSORED HACKING TEAMS DON'T USE CCLEANER FREEWARE TO "DO HACKING"

LOOK AT THIS:

https://www.ccleaner.com/

NOW I CAN BE AS POWERFUL AS A RUSSIAN "STATE SPONSORED" HACKING TEAM!!!!

GOOD JOB MUELLER!!!

One of the relics of the GOP, Newt Gingrich, is apparently complaining about the impeachment articles being drafted before Christmas, despite the house voting to impeach Clinton 6 days before Christmas under his leadership. He always has been a wonderful example of Republican hypocrisy.

In other news, of US leaders and international relations:

Funny how Bill Binney's legend keeps growing. If now he's the former head of the NSA, maybe next year he'll be a former President.

Moderator and Priest
    TIME CUBE GUY LIVES, AND HE'S POSTING POLITICAL COMMENTARY RIGHT HERE ON TTLG!

Moderator and Priest
    CCleaner?
    Sea...cleaner?
    The Sea...source of all life on Earth?
    THEY WANT TO DESTROY THE EARTH!

Page 477 of 477 FirstFirst ... 227377427432437442447452457462467472473474475476477