TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 18.06%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

51 35.42%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

50 34.72%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.78%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.03%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

I think Renz can only Mod a slap, not Admin one.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Are you implying I deserve a slap? CUZ I DON'T!
    Dearest Renz, you think I'd ever do that to you publicly? Have you been over imbibing?

Moderator and Priest
    I might've gotten a little buzzed.

Back to the regularly scheduled programming -- I think this one falls in the category of "a fine-tuned machine":

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumpw...-clinton-tweet

On the evening of July 10, 2017, staffers at the U.S. mission to the European Union—the official office for the ambassador to the European Union—received an unusual call from the seventh floor of the State Department back in Washington. The office of then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was irate. Someone in Brussels with access to the mission’s Twitter account had liked the wrong tweet. It had set off alarm bells in Foggy Bottom.

The tweet wasn’t just any tweet. It was one written by Chelsea Clinton and directed at President Donald Trump in a public spat that took the internet by storm.

That week in July, Trump drew criticism for his decision to let his daughter Ivanka fill his seat at the G-20 meeting of top economic powers in Hamburg, Germany. After days of the pile-on, Trump took to Twitter the morning of July 10 to claim his decision to have Ivanka represent the U.S. at the G-20 was “very standard” and that Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany agreed. Not more than 15 minutes later, he switched his tenor and began attacking Clinton and the press. “If Chelsea Clinton were asked to hold the seat for her mother, as her mother gave our country away, the Fake News would say CHELSEA FOR PRES!,” Trump said.

Clinton shot back: “It would never have occurred to my mother or my father to ask me. Were you giving our country away? Hoping not.”

That tweet garnered more than half a million likes, including by the account for the U.S. mission to the European Union. That kickstarted a weeks-long investigation, prompted by the secretary’s office, into who exactly at the Brussels mission had access to the Twitter account and hit “Like” on Clinton’s tweet, according to two former U.S. officials. (Full disclosure: Clinton sits on the board of IAC, The Daily Beast’s parent company.) At least 10 people were interviewed about whether they, as administrators of the account, had mistakenly or deliberately pressed the “Like” button. All of them denied any wrongdoing, those sources said. One individual familiar with the exchanges said the secretary of state’s top managers in Washington “wanted blood” and called Brussels numerous times demanding the name of the culprit.

U.S. officials in Belgium were never able to give Tillerson’s office a name and soon after, the mission restructured the Twitter account and limited access to just two individuals.

The concern from the secretary’s office over social-media messaging continued after Tillerson into the era of Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, according to two U.S. officials at American embassies overseas. The micromanaging is still causing headaches for staffers and officials at top American outposts who are trying to navigate the task of pleasing both the State Department and the White House simultaneously—a mission that at times requires two completely different strategies, those sources said.
    [...]
    Last edited by Starker; 2nd Jan 2020 at 00:43.

More and more pieces keep falling into place on the Ukraine scandal and its coverup:

https://www.justsecurity.org/67863/e...egal-concerns/

“Clear direction from POTUS to continue to hold.”

This is what Michael Duffey, associate director of national security programs at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), told Elaine McCusker, the acting Pentagon comptroller, in an Aug. 30 email, which has only been made available in redacted form until now. It is one of many documents the Trump administration is trying to keep from the public, despite congressional oversight efforts and court orders in Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) litigation.

Earlier in the day on Aug. 30, President Donald Trump met with Defense Secretary Mark Esper and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to discuss the president’s hold on $391 million in military assistance for Ukraine. Inside the Trump administration, panic was reaching fever pitch about the president’s funding hold, which had stretched on for two months. Days earlier, POLITICO had broken the story and questions were starting to pile up. U.S. defense contractors were worried about delayed contracts and officials in Kyiv and lawmakers on Capitol Hill wanted to know what on earth was going on. While Trump’s national security team thought withholding the money went against U.S. national security interests, Trump still wouldn’t budge.

Thanks to the testimony of several Trump administration officials, we now know what Trump was waiting on: a commitment from Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden.

But getting at that truth hasn’t been easy and the Trump administration continues to try to obscure it. It is blocking key officials from testifying and is keeping documentary evidence from lawmakers investigating the Ukraine story. For example, this note from Duffey to McCusker was never turned over to House investigators and the Trump administration is continuing to try to keep it secret.

Last month, a court ordered the government to release almost 300 pages of emails to the Center for Public Integrity in response to a FOIA lawsuit. It released a first batch on Dec. 12, and then a second installment on Dec. 21, including Duffey’s email, but that document, along with several others, were partially or completely blacked out.

Since then, Just Security has viewed unredacted copies of these emails, which begin in June and end in early October. Together, they tell the behind-the-scenes story of the defense and budget officials who had to carry out the president’s unexplained hold on military aid to Ukraine.

The documents reveal growing concern from Pentagon officials that the hold would violate the Impoundment Control Act, which requires the executive branch to spend money as appropriated by Congress, and that the necessary steps to avoid this result weren’t being taken. Those steps would include notifying Congress that the funding was being held or shifted elsewhere, a step that was never taken. The emails also show that no rationale was ever given for why the hold was put in place or why it was eventually lifted.

What is clear is that it all came down to the president and what he wanted; no one else appears to have supported his position. Although the pretext for the hold was that some sort of policy review was taking place, the emails make no mention of that actually happening. Instead, officials were anxiously waiting for the president to be convinced that the hold was a bad idea. And while the situation continued throughout the summer, senior defense officials were searching for legal guidance, worried they would be blamed should the hold be lifted too late to actually spend all of the money, which would violate the law.

The emails also reveal key decision points, moments when senior officials hoped the hold might be lifted. This includes Vice President Mike Pence’s September meeting with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, which a senior defense official expected would resolve the funding issue, raising the question: Why? What was supposed to come out of that meeting that would pave the way for Trump to lift the hold? What was Pence expected to communicate?

But, the hold wasn’t immediately lifted after Pence’s meeting with Zelensky. Instead, the president finally released the money on Sept. 11, just as the whistleblower complaint was about to break into the open.
    [...]

BANNED
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/sanders-r...110000999.html
    Biden Says Trump Must Explain Baghdad Killing
    biden is a dip shit.

BANNED
    https://thelibertarianrepublic.com/h...jn0yYZRvjK4Le0
    “Dear #Iran, The USA has disrespected your country, your flag, your people. 52% of us humbly apologize,” McGowan wrote on Twitter early Friday morning. “We want peace with your nation. We are being held hostage by a terrorist regime. We do not know how to escape. Please do not kill us. #Soleimani.”
    WTF is wrong with liberals?

Liberals?

WTF is wrong with TRUMP?

What the fuck is wrong with YOU, jk?

Meanwhile, Trump takes credit for CHOICE, a law benefiting Veterans, devised by Bernie Sanders and John McCain, then signed by Obama in 2014.

jk - stop pretending that Biden and Liberals are worse than Trump. Seriously WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

BANNED
    that is the problem, they are almost on par with him............
    liberals believe the BS they spout
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...iWw5LYYfrn7qEQ
    Pelosi says Trump carried out strike on Iranian commander without authorization and she wants details
    BOTH libs & repubs gave the POS president that much power, here they are pissing on the people's back and calling it rain pretending what trump did was illegal.

if you don't know what I am talking about , you guys are part of the problem.
    https://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/06/...bya/index.html
    (CNN) -- Although it was slow in building, there is now a serious constitutional and political "game on" in Washington. It all revolves around the meaning of hostilities as envisioned by the War Powers Resolution of 1973.

The Obama administration has reasoned itself into a position where it hardly consulted with Congress before committing U.S. forces to Libya and now believes that congressional approval for continued operations is not required under the War Powers statute.
    it's ok when democrats do it.........

Wrong answer, jk. What the fuck is wrong with YOU, was the question. Stop deflecting.

BANNED
    I am short/fat/bald/ugly with a small dick and a slight lisp.
    on the plus side I fit into most gimp suits and have won a few midget tossing competitions.
    what other details you want?

Those are your redeeming qualities. I want to know how you are able to justify justifying Trump's worst depredations, by claiming that librulz are worse?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    Those are your redeeming qualities. I want to know how you are able to justify justifying Trump's worst depredations, by claiming that librulz are worse?
    look at the post above......

Moderator and Priest
    Okay, first off, let's stop with the personal attacks, huh?

Secondly, we've never had a president who's abused the law so severely as Trump. Claiming liberals or democrats is pure idiocy. The only time we've seen abuse of this magnitude come out of the White House was during the Iran-Contra scandal (which, fortunately for Reagan, had Bill Barr running interference then too).

BANNED
    Okay, first off, let's stop with the personal attacks, huh?

Secondly, we've never had a president who's abused the law so severely as Trump. Claiming liberals or democrats is pure idiocy. The only time we've seen abuse of this magnitude come out of the White House was during the Iran-Contra scandal (which, fortunately for Reagan, had Bill Barr running interference then too).
    seriously? who SIGNED indefinite detention w/o trial into law?
    democrats as shown are playing stupid when they helped give the POS president the power he has, NO PRESIDENT should have this power, no matter the letter next to his name, it was wrong under BUSH/OBAMA/TRUMP.

Moderator and Priest
    Who decided to insert the Indefinite Detention clause into a standard military spending bill?

And last I checked, Obama never launched an attack against the leadership of a sovereign nation without first informing congress. You could argue that a lot of the things he did were completely unwarranted, but at the very least, he followed established norms and procedures. Trump unilaterally taking control of the military is something that's brand new to his administration.

BANNED
    BOTH sides did, then just like the war hawks interpretation of "hostiles" they decided to look the other fucking way and play stupid while pissing on people's backs and calling it rain, by all means overlook the fact that it did NOT have to be SIGNED for it to PASS.
    Obama waged war in Libya & Syria w/o congressional approval, who he told about it means nothing.
    OMG, trump gets to play fast & loose with shit the morons from congress passed, color me shocked, as said the president, no matter what letter the moron has next to his name should NOT have this power, it was wrong under Bush, wrong under OBAMA and wrong under TRUMP.

most of you only care because the moron in question has an R next to his name.

Who decided to insert the Indefinite Detention clause into a standard military spending bill?

And last I checked, Obama never launched an attack against the leadership of a sovereign nation without first informing congress. You could argue that a lot of the things he did were completely unwarranted, but at the very least, he followed established norms and procedures. Trump unilaterally taking control of the military is something that's brand new to his administration.
    It does seem to fit within the present authorizations for using military force. And you can't seriously expect Trump to consult with Nancy Pelosi on anything right now. Informing Congress is a courtesy, not a requirement.

If you think it was a bad idea, fine, me too. But this time, I agree with JK. Congress gave the executive branch nearly carte blanche to deploy military forces and carry out extrajudicial killings in the name of fighting terrorism. They basically signed away their power to declare war, within certain parameters anyway. This is what you get.

BANNED
    what do you mean "this time"??? you should ALWAYS agree with me, I am ALWAYS right...................... congress decided to wash their hands out of everything so they could just blame the moron on top for the failures OR take credit if things went right. this is what you get when you look the other way because you trust YOUR clown doing the "right thing" and overlook the fact someone else can do as they please.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    Obama waged war in Libya & Syria w/o congressional approval, who he told about it means nothing.
    Obama did seek congressional approval in concerns to Syria, though the bill ended up not being voted on due to a deescalation in tensions. We instead played proxy by shipping them weapons, only involving a small ground force that wasn't actively fighting. Our place in Syria was considered a supporting role, allowing for France and England to do all the heavy work, while we "lead from behind", occasionally launching missiles at an internationally regarded aggressor. Obama argued that he didn't need congressional approval for what he considered to be a minor role in a larger conflict, which may or may not have been some bullshit, given what happened afterwards.

If you consider the above abuses, then you have to admit that using our military to directly attack the leadership of another nation that isn't directly hostile either with us or our allies is something of an escalation of said abuse. Obama's actions involved us in a number of relatively small ongoing conflicts. Trump's actions might serve to create a new one against an enemy that's considerably more powerful than the aforementioned nations, and has the support of both China and Russia.

BANNED
    thanks for admitting he acted w/o the approval of congress in both Libya and Syria.
    said it a gazillion times,we have no business there , we went there under BS pretenses to begin with and AGAIN, I DON'T support ANY POS president having that power just because the retards in congress want to sit with their thumb up their ass and play ignorant .

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    thanks for admitting he acted w/o the approval of congress in both Libya and Syria.
    As far as Syria is concerned, we never actually went there. Like I said, we played proxy, and that had congressional approval. It was under Trump that Syria became a true military conflict for us.

Though Libya is kind of hard to defend, all things considered.

BANNED
    I win I win I win.......................

Moderator and Priest
    You half win. Though you still have to contend with the fact that Obama's actions merely got us lightly involved in a regional conflict with a dirt poor country for about a year, while Trump's actions now could be a potential spark for WWIII if this shit continues to roll on.

BANNED
    good , we need to trim the damn population.............wait, did you say 1/2 win because I am a damn midget? wtf???
    we are ALL going to pay a heavy price because BOTH sides only give a shit when the "other" clowns are abusing their position. and sadly we will remain eternally divided into mostly left vs right. the libertarians who point out the bullshit from both sides will still be considered nothing more than fucking trolls.

Page 484 of 558 FirstFirst ... 234384434439444449454459464469474479480481482483484485486487488489494499504509514519524529534 ... LastLast