TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 18.06%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

51 35.42%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

50 34.72%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.78%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.03%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    https://www.npr.org/2020/01/15/79666...L0iXbuDt21CGS8

damn right.
    the supreme court can suck a fat one (obviously not mine since I am fun sized ).

remember the supreme court has allowed indefinite detention to be on the books as well as the patriot act & NSA spying, so just because we have a constitution it does NOT mean our POS GOVT follows it or that SCOTUS deals with the transgressions in a meaningful way.
    What's funny is that all the time those various issues have reached SCOTUS, it's always been the usual liberals the usual suspects hate who have held the dissenting opinion. Though it should also be said that even if the conservatives voted yea for it, they did have enough foresight to purposefully leave their conclusions open enough to be challenged again, if broached in a certain way.

BANNED
    again as pointed out SCOTUS can go suck a fat one.
    that includes the conservative clowns there.

Moderator and Priest
    again as pointed out SCOTUS can go suck a fat one.
    that includes the conservative clowns there.
    They fuck up, yeah. But do you really think that justifies us all going bug shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    and too impatient to wait for this law to be sued up to the Supreme Court, where the brunt of these new gun laws will likely be found in violation of the Constitution.
    That's not how it's gone in New York, Connecticut, California, or any other state that has passed sweeping gun legislation. The last time a gun issue wound up in the Supreme Court's lap was DC v Heller, and after the pro-gun position won, courts in liberal states have been very careful not to let any issue get deferred up to SCOTUS for ruling. As long as the state courts are sympathetic to the legislation, the legislature can pass whatever they want, the state courts rubber-stamp it, and the Supreme Court never has the opportunity to challenge it.

The Virginia situation has been a shitshow ever since the election, and I'm surprised that this is the first I'm seeing of it making national news. Almost every county in the state has pledged not to enforce new gun legislation, while the governor has reportedly been exploring options for using the National Guard in a law enforcement role. This is over purely hypothetical legislation at this point- although the state House does have some bills that seem so wacky I can't see any purpose other than to deliberately rile up the right (example: a bill to ban indoor shooting ranges with > 50 employees, which AFAIK applies to the NRA HQ and nothing else). I'm seeing people on social media vow to openly carry firearms to the rally anyways, and the possibility of violence looks very real.

Meanwhile, #CNNisTrash is trending after the Democratic debate. After 2016 I can't say I'm surprised to see CNN stacked against Sanders, I'm just continually surprised at how blatant they are about it.

Quote Originally Posted by catbarf View Post
    I'm seeing people on social media vow to openly carry firearms to the rally anyways, and the possibility of violence looks very real.
    And they know that bullets do not have preferences among the political spectrum when they fly, right?

Moderator and Priest
    The Virginia situation has been a shitshow ever since the election, and I'm surprised that this is the first I'm seeing of it making national news.
    From the little I've seen of it, it really does seem that the Democrats are doing just that, trying to rile up the Alt-Right specifically on the hope that they'll finally do what they're always threatening to do. Were it to happen, the obvious next step would be to use the ensuing tragedy as an example for why we need stronger gun laws.

It'll probably work, given that when the Alt-Right comes together as one, they tend to forget themselves, and really start speaking their mind. The end result won't come across well on live TV, and we'll probably see a nice little anti-rifle swell in the process. Then we'll have to contend with the aftermath: a widening political divide, with an invigorated left having their perfect example, and a strengthened Alt-Right who will use the fallout as a leverage to recruit from among the relatively moderate conservatives who'll suddenly find themselves freting for their own future.

If this is what these Virginia democrats are doing, they need to realize that you don't court crazy without risking crazy moving into your house, and killing your cat.

BANNED
    They fuck up, yeah. But do you really think that justifies us all going bug shit?
    when your liberty is on the line are you going to wait till you are a wanted felon to try and protest? what VA is doing is making felons out of law abiding citizens, turn in your guns or else.................
    they want to fight then fuck them.

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    And they know that bullets do not have preferences among the political spectrum when they fly, right?
    hopefully only politicians pay for their stupidity.
    Last edited by jkcerda; 15th Jan 2020 at 18:50.

This "right-libertarian" shtick wears thin pretty quickly. It's like listening to a bunch of teenagers demanding the right to party hard in your house with your booze, stuffing their faces with your food and puking on your rugs, then going for a joy ride in your car. Then you get to clean up their mess afterwards. "Let the world burn" requires that someone took the time and effort to build a world worth burning.

The flip side of liberty is responsibility and there's fuck all of that coming from libertarians. A bunch of entitled, whiny juveniles, cherry picking constitutions.

In reality every libertarian I have ever encountered is just a closet authoritarian who isn't getting their own way. Go fuck yourselves for a change and stop fucking everybody else.
    Last edited by Nicker; 15th Jan 2020 at 19:01.

BANNED
    I can do whatever you want me to including fucking myself for just $3.99 a minute, free market & all..........

you being Canadian probably means you have no clue what the constitution means, if YOU are fine with the GOVT spying on you w/o warrants then that is on YOU.

Moderator and Priest
    I just read what these gun laws propose. Basically...

The bills now headed for the full Senate would require background checks on all firearms purchases, allow law enforcement to temporarily remove guns from individuals deemed a risk to themselves or others, let localities ban weapons from certain events and government buildings, and cap handgun purchases at one per month.
    That 2nd point could be problematic per the Constitution, depending on the mitigating factors behind it, but the rest? Yeah, threatening open revolt over this shit is a petulant temper tantrum, and nothing more. It's a bunch of people looking for an excuse so they can pretend to be revolutionaries.

BANNED
    I just read what these gun laws propose. Basically...

That 2nd point could be problematic per the Constitution, depending on the mitigating factors behind it, but the rest? Yeah, threatening open revolt over this shit is a petulant temper tantrum, and nothing more. It's a bunch of people looking for an excuse so they can pretend to be revolutionaries.
    that is just the start for them
    https://www.virginiamercury.com/2019...existing-guns/

CA went full retard a while ago, if patriots make the blood run it might make them think twice about how stupid the democrats there want to get........

I said small "c" constitutions to be more inclusive. Canada has a Constitution and rightists here cherry pick it too. Lefties do as well but not nearly as egregiously or frequently.

How can you be a libertarian and demand protection from those parts of a constitution that align with your desires? Make up your fucking mind.

Just because I find the majority of libertarians to be selective in their liberties and willing to use violence to enforce those choices on others, doesn't mean that I prefer their crypto-authoritarianism over abuse by an elected government. Both are assholes offering a false choice.

Moderator and Priest
    that is just the start for them
    https://www.virginiamercury.com/2019...existing-guns/

CA went full retard a while ago, if patriots make the blood run it might make them think twice about how stupid the democrats there want to get........
    So people get to keep the rifles they already have, but can't buy any new ones. And it's not like any of these laws won't be repealed the moment the Republicans take the Virginia house again in so many years. This situation is EXACTLY like the rifle ban back in the 90's. It'll end the same way.

Let's face it, you're all just looking for a reason to kill someone.

Hey! Quit reading from my script!

BANNED
    So people get to keep the rifles they already have, but can't buy any new ones. And it's not like any of these laws won't be repealed the moment the Republicans take the Virginia house again in so many years. This situation is EXACTLY like the rifle ban back in the 90's. It'll end the same way.

CA went full retard after that passed. From there it was you can’t buy anymore you can’t build anymore and your kids can’t inherit them either. The courts finally stepped in when CA retards demanded we destroy our legally owned grand fathered mags w/o the state paying fir it. So yeah if some politicians eat dirt fir their stupidity it won’t bother me one bit. Just like the republican getting shit at that baseball game didn’t bother me

BANNED
    And NO I am NOT interested in killing anyone. It simply won’t bother me if other take it there

From the little I've seen of it, it really does seem that the Democrats are doing just that, trying to rile up the Alt-Right specifically on the hope that they'll finally do what they're always threatening to do.
    So people get to keep the rifles they already have, but can't buy any new ones. (...)

I think you've missed that this talk of grandfathering is relatively recent. The things that actually got people riled up and led to the rally were three assault weapon ban bills written at Northam's request (one, two, and three), none of which have grandfathering included.

So now that the anthill has been sufficiently poked, Northam can start talking up grandfathering as a 'reasonable compromise', while the protesters look even more unhinged. And if someone gets shot at the rally, all the better.

BANNED
    I think you've missed that this talk of grandfathering is relatively recent. The things that actually got people riled up and led to the rally were three assault weapon ban bills written at Northam's request (one, two, and three), none of which have grandfathering included.

So now that the anthill has been sufficiently poked, Northam can start talking up grandfathering as a 'reasonable compromise', while the protesters look even more unhinged. And if someone gets shot at the rally, all the better.
    Make a little blood flow now so more does not flow later

This is why I don't often talk about guns in public. Because I get associated with this.

Moderator and Priest
    All we can do is watch and wait now.

My personal opinion? If the democrats are purposefully baiting these idiots into violence, that makes them just as culpable for the outcome as those pulling the triggers.

Moderator and Priest
    I'm sure all those people in that Walmart in Texas can rest in peace, well assured that they gave their lives watering the tree of liberty.

Maybe you should write letters to the families of the fallen, tell them how proud they should be.

BANNED
    My English sucks. You write them

Moderator and Priest
    I'll write them for you, and you can send them out. How's that?

BANNED
    Include postage

Page 492 of 559 FirstFirst ... 242392442447452457462467472477482487488489490491492493494495496497502507512517522527532537542 ... LastLast