TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 18.31%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

49 34.51%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

50 35.21%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.82%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.15%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

Moderator and Priest
    Fuck you, mooch. Pay for those stamps your own damn self.

BANNED
    Like I told nick. For $3.99 a minute I’m happy to do what you ask me to do ....
    Anyways hope Retard politicians learn their lesson w/o any blood shed

Moderator and Priest
    Yeah, it'd be nice. Unfortunately for us all, I think this big squirrely party of stupidity is only just beginning.

BANNED
    VA retards are to blame there. Play stupid games....

It's not like the Democrats in Virginia were hiding anything. They ran very openly on a gun control platform. Elections have consequences, as some people here like to bring up every once in a while.

It's weird -- if it was Democrats threatening to start killing Republicans if Lord Dampnut builds his wall, then everybody would rightly blame Democrats. Nobody would talk about those stupid Republicans trying to bait Democrats into murdering people, what are they thinking?

BANNED
    Va retards saw the CA retards getting away some ty it because CA is full of pussies. Yes I’m here in CA

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    It's not like the Democrats in Virginia were hiding anything. They ran very openly on a gun control platform. Elections have consequences, as some people here like to bring up every once in a while.
    They also had a little help from Bloomberg, who outspent the NRA (which is headquartered in VA) over 10:1 last I checked.

So don't forget that in addition to the usual political friction coming from a blue victory in a red state, the popular narrative is that an outsider bought the Virginia elections to enact gun control against the wishes of the Virginia constituency. This is a big part of why overwhelmingly red counties were preemptively pledging not to enforce new legislation. It's not just about guns, it's also about openly drawing a line in the sand against their elected leadership.

Like I said, it's been a shitshow, and I'm surprised to only just now see it making national news.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post

It's weird -- if it was Democrats threatening to start killing Republicans if Lord Dampnut builds his wall, then everybody would rightly blame Democrats. Nobody would talk about those stupid Republicans trying to bait Democrats into murdering people, what are they thinking?
    if you shoot a republican who threatened to make you a felon for exercising your rights. did he bait you? or did you defend yourself?
    how do you feel about the republican shot at the baseball game by a democrat?
    Last edited by jkcerda; 16th Jan 2020 at 11:00.

Quote Originally Posted by catbarf View Post
    They also had a little help from Bloomberg, who outspent the NRA (which is headquartered in VA) over 10:1 last I checked.

So don't forget that in addition to the usual political friction coming from a blue victory in a red state, the popular narrative is that an outsider bought the Virginia elections to enact gun control against the wishes of the Virginia constituency. This is a big part of why overwhelmingly red counties were preemptively pledging not to enforce new legislation. It's not just about guns, it's also about openly drawing a line in the sand against their elected leadership.

Like I said, it's been a shitshow, and I'm surprised to only just now see it making national news.
    Hmm.. NRA usually spends a lot more money than that. Maybe has something to do with their recent scandals where their leadership turned out to be a bunch of grifters.

At the end of the day, it's still the voters who turned up, though, and the Democrats have a mandate to fulfill the main issue that they ran on and that was one of the top priorities for their voters.

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    if you shoot a republican who threatened to make you a felon for exercising your rights. did he bait you? or did you defend yourself?
    how do you feel about the republican shot at the baseball game by a democrat?
    Your Supreme Court has ruled that the right to own guns is not unlimited and gun control is perfectly constitutional. And if it's not, then it's for the courts to settle that.

That Democrat was not lauded as a hero by the mainstream media and nobody called the Republicans stupid for getting shot or implied they themselves were to blame for that. At that time, I was worried that this would signal a rise in left-wing terrorism, but it didn't really turn out to be true.

How do you feel about Gabrielle Giffords who was shot in the head by one of the members of your well-regulated militia?
    Last edited by Starker; 16th Jan 2020 at 13:05.

BANNED
    I feel the same way about Gifford being shot as I do about the republican being shot. meh. that is what politicians get for stepping over their bounds and making criminals out of people. the courts have failed as I have already shown, we have the patriot act & warrantless spying being done with the courts just sitting there with their thumb up their ass, hell we have fucking indefinite detention w/o due process signed into fucking law and the courts are NOT doing a fucking thing about it, so shots being fired don't bother me one bit, it's well over fucking due.

The Government Accountability Office finds that Lord Dampnut's administration broke the law by withholding military aid to Ukraine:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/16/u...p-ukraine.html

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration violated the law in withholding security assistance aid to Ukraine, a nonpartisan federal watchdog agency said on Thursday, weighing in on a decision by President Trump that is at the heart of the impeachment case against him.

The Government Accountability Office said the White House’s Office of Management and Budget violated the Impoundment Control Act when it withheld nearly $400 million for “a policy reason,” even though the funds had been allocated by Congress. The decision was directed by the president himself, and during the House impeachment inquiry, administration officials testified that they had raised concerns about its legality to no avail.

“Faithful execution of the law does not permit the president to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law,” the G.A.O. wrote. “The withholding was not a programmatic delay.”

The impoundment law limits a president’s power to withhold money that has been allocated by Congress, requiring that he secure approval by the legislative branch if he wishes to do so.

The White House budget office promptly rejected the report’s conclusions.

“We disagree with G.A.O.’s opinion,” said Rachel Semmel, a spokeswoman for the budget office. “O.M.B. uses its apportionment authority to ensure taxpayer dollars are properly spent consistent with the president’s priorities and with the law.”

The report, on its own, does not result in any action, although its release just as Mr. Trump’s impeachment trial is getting underway is certain to fuel additional questions about the impact of his actions. At the core of the impeachment charges is the allegation that the president withheld the security assistance as part of a campaign to pressure Ukraine to launch investigations of his political rivals that would discredit them and help him win re-election in 2020.
    [...]
    Also, more evidence emerges that Lord Dampnut was abusing the power of his office to try to smear his political rival:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...ims-innocence/

Americans who have been wondering why President Trump has taken the extraordinary step of trying to block every document from being released to Congress in his impeachment inquiry need wonder no longer. The new documents released Tuesday evening by the House Intelligence Committee were devastating to Trump’s continuing — if shifting — defense of his Ukraine extortion scandal, just days before his impeachment trial is likely to begin in the Senate. These new documents demolish at least three key defenses to which Trump and his allies have been clinging: that he was really fighting corruption when he pressured Ukraine on matters related to the Biden family; that Hunter Biden should be called as a witness at the Senate impeachment trial; and that there’s no need for a real, honest-to-goodness trial in the Senate.

[...]

The documents released Tuesday show what Trump has been so afraid of. For starters, they prove that his already-eyebrow-raising claim to have been fighting corruption in Ukraine was bogus. Notes taken by Lev Parnas — who is an associate of Trump’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani and is now facing federal criminal charges — show what his and Giuliani’s mission was when they got in touch with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky: “get Zalensky to Announce that the Biden case will Be Investigated.” Look hard at the real goal here: not to prompt an investigation of Hunter Biden, but to score an announcement of a Biden investigation. Pursuing an announcement, rather than an investigation, makes sense only if Trump’s objective was to dirty the reputation of Joe Biden, a leading political rival.

[...]

Trump’s push had nothing to do with what Hunter Biden did or didn’t do, and everything to do with whether Trump could extort and bully the Ukrainian leadership into casting aspersions on Biden regardless of what he did or didn’t do. That leaves Biden with nothing of relevance to say at a Senate impeachment trial — the final word on Trump’s preposterous effort to refocus scrutiny on the Biden family. That was, of course, the very push that got Trump into this mess in the first place, so to allow him to succeed now through the mechanism of impeachment would be irony bordering on tragedy.

But that’s not to say there’s nothing to learn at a genuine Senate impeachment trial — which, as the word “trial” suggests, features actual evidence and witnesses. That’s the third point emerging from the documents released Tuesday night. One of those documents shows how important it might be to have such witnesses testify before the Senate. The document is a letter from Giuliani to Zelensky when he was Ukraine’s president-elect. It begins: “I am private counsel to President Donald J. Trump. Just to be precise, I represent him as a private citizen, not as President of the United States.” The letter then requested a meeting with Zelensky. This letter is a devastating indication of what has been clear to many all along: that Trump’s pursuit of an announcement that Ukraine was looking into Biden was an abuse of his public office for personal gain. That’s what this letter sure seems to be saying. And it makes clear that what was afoot had nothing to do with law enforcement or Biden’s possible corruption — it wasn’t a request from the official “President of the United States” but from a “private citizen.”
    [...]

BANNED
    impeach him............

ffs jkcerda, if you cannot be arsed to attempt to write some kind of understandable language, I sure as hell can't be bothered to try and interpret what you are saying. Every now and then I read something that makes me think it's worth the effort, and then you just go and whitter on again.

I'm pretty sure you have some decent points to make, I just can't find them.

BANNED
    What is so hard to understand about "impeach him"???

Moderator and Priest
    ..........it might be....the overuse.....of............................................................ellipses............

BANNED
    those are free..........

anyways , still love you.
    (Meme removed)
    in odd news
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/a...ZJFhTbksiXpcm4
    Why This Antifa Group Is Siding With Thousands of Pro-Gun Conservatives In Virginia

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    Well, that's unexpected.

BANNED
    I like their reasoning.
    fuck VA politicians.

I fail to see how this-

The bills now headed for the full Senate would require background checks on all firearms purchases, allow law enforcement to temporarily remove guns from individuals deemed a risk to themselves or others, let localities ban weapons from certain events and government buildings, and cap handgun purchases at one per month.

is cause for right wingnuts and left wingnuts to ban together in patriotic umbrage. How in hell does one fall in love with guns so much that a wimpy few laws that make sense make you want to start a war? Oh lawdy they gone take my Ak with the 160 round clip! However will I defend the trailer home? What? I'm grandfathered in? Well how is little Dale Earnhart Jr. Jr. going to open carry his AK in kindergarten? Damn liberals.

Somebody explain what I'm missing?

BANNED
    The VA retards scaled down what they originally planned. Links in previous page by cat

Well there you go. Democracy at work. We all vote to not be scared of crazy folks with guns until they show up at the door then we run because... well... they are crazy folks with guns.

I hope they didn't ditch the magazine limitation. It's the only one that will make much of a difference. I'm sure Bubba Rambo raised hell about it but if he really WERE a good guy with a gun he would want that clip changing time to be Billy Badass hero like he has been dreaming of and all the girls will finally swoon in love and oil his gun.

BANNED
    Lmmfao
    Mag limits are the dumbest thing
    You can get high cap mags from most states .they are not serialized and you have no way to track them feel good liberal stupidity is why thd80% unregistered market exploded

Yeah. THAT needs to be a national law to work well. Otherwise just jailing Bubba for owning one won't work. He ain't skeered of them blacks in jail... wait.

BANNED
    Millions of mags out there already. You guys are inventing problems that don’t exist

See, you aren't old enough to recall when they were a rare thing. They can be again. Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Page 493 of 547 FirstFirst ... 243393443448453458463468473478483488489490491492493494495496497498503508513518523528533538543 ... LastLast