TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 18.06%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

51 35.42%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

50 34.72%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.78%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.03%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

Moderator and Priest
    Liberals still aren't advocating banning handguns, which is really the better choice for home defense. Stupid tweet be stupid tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Liberals still aren't advocating banning handguns, which is really the better choice for home defense. Stupid tweet be stupid tweet.
    Handguns are a poor choice for anything but concealment or as a sidearm. For home defense a compact carbine is objectively the best choice (easiest to manipulate, easiest to manage recoil, less likely to overpenetrate and kill a neighbor than handgun ammo or buckshot, can easily mount a flashlight), particularly for anyone with less hand strength than the average adult male. Many of these weapons fall afoul of assault weapon bans (although not all of them, being that it's a largely cosmetic categorization), hence the controversy.

With handguns being the weapon used in upwards of 90% of gun crime due to concealability, moving handguns to Title II (or an outright ban, but that'd be a lot harder to pull off) would do more to reduce gun violence than any other measure in the last century.

So criminals would do less crime because a carbine is somewhat harder to conceal?

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    So criminals would do less crime because a carbine is somewhat harder to conceal?
    ...Yes? At least as far as homicide is concerned, absolutely. You know that the majority of homicides in the US come from gang violence, right? The weapons of choice are handguns that they can stick in a waistband and hide; that was the whole motivation for implementing Stop & Frisk in NYC. Petty criminals aren't generally walking around in broad daylight, robbing convenience stores, or breaking into (presumed to be) unoccupied homes with ARs or shotguns slung on their backs.

Anything that can't be hidden is a non-starter and it's always been that way. The only reason handguns weren't banned by the 1934 National Firearms Act, which did put heavy restriction on short-barreled rifles and shotguns, is because it was seen as politically non-viable in a country that had, prior to that, had no federal firearm regulation at all.

Well, I'm not very familiar with gang life, but it seems to me that it's not that much harder to simply carry a bag of some sort.

Well, I'm not very familiar with gang life, but it seems to me that it's not that much harder to simply carry a bag of some sort.
    The federal requirement is 26" overall length. Barring a few folding gimmicks, you're not going to fit that in a bag that doesn't look immediately suspicious.

But sure, you can fit a disassembled AR in a briefcase. So now if you're looking to, say, rob a convenience store, not only are you walking around in public with a briefcase for some reason, you have to retrieve the thing and assemble it before it can be used. Presumably after robbing the store, you then need to break it down and hide it before making your getaway. That's never going to be a popular option. More likely they're just going to bring a tire iron, baseball bat, or knife, and the confrontation is less likely to result in a death.

Most countries with stricter gun control than the US have stricter regulation on handguns, or minimum length requirements, for exactly this reason. Handguns represent the sole category of firearm that is both overwhelmingly the preference of criminals and has the least utility for law-abiding citizens.

Sports bag? Carry it over the shoulder and you just have to reach into the bag.

Moderator and Priest
    Total aside here, but no one should say liberals are the only easily offended snowflakes in our great political spectrum. I just hopped on Facebook, where a bunch of red hat wearing Trump fanatics were screaming about Nestle producing meatless sausages like it was a direct assault against their freedoms and way of life.

The only thing worse than an obnoxious vegan know it all is some spiteful anti-vegan thinking their food is a political statement.

Moderator and Priest
    Sports bag? Carry it over the shoulder and you just have to reach into the bag.
    If I ran a liquor store, and I saw someone walk in at 2AM with a sports bag big enough to hold an assembled rifle in, I'd probably reach for the shotgun under the counter first thing. Just in case.

I'm so glad I don't live in the US.

Moderator and Priest
    It's really not that bad, so long as you stay away from the liquor stores.

Well, it's also the general level of fear and paranoia lots of people in the US seem to be living under. Probably doesn't help that there's always something terrible on the TV and that your politicians seem to be way more fond of scaremongering tactics. Even though the statistics show that crime has gone down (as it has in other countries with aging populations).

Moderator and Priest
    It is kinda weird here. You'll go through most of your day interacting with perfectly normal, well adjusted people, then suddenly find yourself stuck in traffic behind this guy...

Yeah, I have to confess to browsing People Of Walmart from time to time and wondering about humanity.

Moderator and Priest
    I go to Walmart about every other week, and I never see anyone that weird.

Though there's this place in town I went to once called Grocery Outlet, and holy shit...

That's the way culture gets exported and stereotyped. Like all those amazing Florida Man stories. Or like with Japan how you always hear about the weird obscure things that the vast majority of Japanese have never seen or heard about.

Moderator and Priest
    That's the way culture gets exported and stereotyped. Like all those amazing Florida Man stories.
    Those aren't stereotypes. Florida really is like that.

BANNED
    liberals are morons who don't know a damn thing about what they want to legislate, news at 11.

BANNED
    Total aside here, but no one should say liberals are the only easily offended snowflakes in our great political spectrum. I just hopped on Facebook, where a bunch of red hat wearing Trump fanatics were screaming about Nestle producing meatless sausages like it was a direct assault against their freedoms and way of life.

The only thing worse than an obnoxious vegan know it all is some spiteful anti-vegan thinking their food is a political statement.
    conservative snowflakes are far worse than the liberal ones, I was seriously shocked there at how much they cry anytime you say a damn thing about trump.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    liberals are morons who don't know a damn thing about what they want to legislate, news at 11.
    Handguns are responsible for the vast majority of gun related incidents, but rifles are the weapon of choice when some crazy decides to kill a lot of people in a very public space. Since someone shooting up a school tends to draw more attention that yet another crime of passion among close associates or gangland slaying, they get the most pressure applied to them, though they only make up a fraction of our overall gun crime statistics.

And if any conservatives uses this as an example of libtards letting their feelings get in the way of facts, it's always good to remind them they themselves apply similar logic to Muslims and Mexicans.

BANNED

liberals making gun policy based on shit they don't know, just like republicans wanting to legislate womans bodies, they don't know shit........

Moderator and Priest
    To be fair to the Democrats, there is an argument to be made for banning certain rifles for the good of public safety, since they're the better tool for a mass shooting, and may have played a part in the decrease in mass shootings we enjoyed during the 10 year rifle ban. It's not entirely baseless

Though to be fair to gun rights activisists, Democrats do offer up a lot of baseless legislation that accomplishes nothing other than showing the voting public they're at least trying to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by catbarf View Post
    Handguns are a poor choice for anything but concealment or as a sidearm. For home defense a compact carbine is objectively the best choice (easiest to manipulate, easiest to manage recoil, less likely to overpenetrate and kill a neighbor than handgun ammo or buckshot, can easily mount a flashlight), particularly for anyone with less hand strength than the average adult male. Many of these weapons fall afoul of assault weapon bans (although not all of them, being that it's a largely cosmetic categorization), hence the controversy.

With handguns being the weapon used in upwards of 90% of gun crime due to concealability, moving handguns to Title II (or an outright ban, but that'd be a lot harder to pull off) would do more to reduce gun violence than any other measure in the last century.
    Okay, first off, we both know Bubba Rambo's. I'll bite my own ass if you can't name five off the top of your head. I'm repulsed by them and it shows. I don't exactly try to hide that. Anyone who worships and stockpiles anything that kills is an asshole. That said, I do see the utilitarian side of gun ownership. My old dove gun I use to trim the limbs from blocking my satellite signal and every so often I have to cull the squirrel population to have any grapes at all come August with my 22. My home defense is a 45 colt Auto because it has a low muzzle velocity and combined with flying ashtray bullets it is one hell of a lot less likely than a carbine to go through somebody. Hell man, carbines have the same caliber bullets as handguns anyway. My 45 is a hard slide pull and safer than a rifle where kids are concerned. So no, not all hand guns are worse for home defense and it's one hell of a lot harder to reach into your head board for a carbine.

I'll give you the handguns in public thing. I never carry mine.

This paranoia that ANY gun law is a slippery slope is bullshit though. Thought out laws used to not illicit the level of pants shitting it does now.

BANNED
    To be fair to the Democrats, there is an argument to be made for banning certain rifles for the good of public safety, since they're the better tool for a mass shooting, and may have played a part in the decrease in mass shootings we enjoyed during the 10 year rifle ban. It's not entirely baseless

Though to be fair to gun rights activisists, Democrats do offer up a lot of baseless legislation that accomplishes nothing other than showing the voting public they're at least trying to do something.
    turning people into criminals for things they have owned is why we say "not one more inch", starts with feel good legislation and goes into full retard mode shortly after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    Okay, first off, we both know Bubba Rambo's. I'll bite my own ass if you can't name five off the top of your head. I'm repulsed by them and it shows. I don't exactly try to hide that. Anyone who worships and stockpiles anything that kills is an asshole. That said, I do see the utilitarian side of gun ownership. My old dove gun I use to trim the limbs from blocking my satellite signal and every so often I have to cull the squirrel population to have any grapes at all come August with my 22. My home defense is a 45 colt Auto because it has a low muzzle velocity and combined with flying ashtray bullets it is one hell of a lot less likely than a carbine to go through somebody. Hell man, carbines have the same caliber bullets as handguns anyway. My 45 is a hard slide pull and safer than a rifle where kids are concerned. So no, not all hand guns are worse for home defense and it's one hell of a lot harder to reach into your head board for a carbine.

I'll give you the handguns in public thing. I never carry mine.

This paranoia that ANY gun law is a slippery slope is bullshit though. Thought out laws used to not illicit the level of pants shitting it does now.
    pics before and after of your ass to make sure you are not lying to us..............

Oh they exist.

Page 495 of 558 FirstFirst ... 245395445450455460465470475480485490491492493494495496497498499500505510515520525530535540545 ... LastLast