TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 19.12%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

44 32.35%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

49 36.03%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.94%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.56%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

thanks to oclueless we have indefinite detention w/o trial signed into law, is it "sedition" if you use force to fight it? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act
    our military has never won a guerrilla style war.
    and you are within your rights to shoot a cop that is doing an illegal arrest
    https://www.governing.com/blogs/view...diana-law.html

http://www.courts.state.va.us/opinio...tx/2917963.txt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plummer_v._State

And how will use of force fight it? Do you think you will have a lawful government if you topple it?

Also, the loudest voices clamouring for a boogaloo, as they call it, come from the far-right. Do you think these people will be able to hold themselves in check when the day comes? That they will not go out and commit atrocities?

The day came in VA, gazillion attended fully armed, nothing happened. same level of stupidity passed here in Kommiefornia, no shots have been fired yet. plenty of citizens were illegally disarmed after katrina, hell it was the cops killing civilians after katrina, you guys are going after the wrong people who are armed
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    And how will use of force fight it? Do you think you will have a lawful government if you topple it?
    if you are armed you CAN use force to fight it. I also did not say a thing about toppling the GOVT, merely mentioned you have a right to defend yourself and can use lethal force if needed .

Civil war came in VA?

Plenty of people were hoping for violence, though:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...gun-rally.html

Three suspected white supremacists who were arrested Thursday in Maryland had discussed opening fire from the pro-gun rally that will take place in Virginia this coming Monday, according to the Wall Street Journal. Law enforcement officials on Friday said that the men had allegedly been planning to sow chaos and further their goal of “accelerat[ing] the downfall of the U.S. government” so that a white ethno-state can take its place.

It was also reported Friday that an additional three men associated with the same violent neo-Nazi group had been arrested in Georgia on Wednesday. Those three men had allegedly been plotting to kill two people.

All six people are thought to be members of a group known as The Base, an intensely violent extremist group. The three suspects arrested Thursday face charges related to firearms and harboring immigrants residing in the country illegally.
    [...]
    And these are the main people who are actually for civil war. Most of the right simply uses it as a scaremongering tactic.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Plenty of people were hoping for violence, though.
    You have to remember that the Alt-Right, QAnon, the Incels, and all the other extremist weirdos are an overly loud minority, not the status quo. Though people like JK, who are overall pretty moderate, but talk a tough game online, do confuse things a bit, but that's the internet being the internet.

Also, what's that about a bunch of Neo-Nazis harboring illegals? I'm gonna have to assume we're not talking Mexican brand illegal immigrants here.

I know, I have been keeping an eye on them since 2016. Only 9% of the US think white supremacist/neo-Nazi views are acceptable and there are even fewer people who are willing to do something about it. Still, even a small minority can do a lot of damage. McVeigh was just one person.

The illegal immigrant was a white nationalist from Canada.

I don't see normal people following those groups should the time for boogaloo happen.
    it was mostly the lefty media hoping for the violence.

Yet it is the right-wingers who constantly keep bringing it up. Your own president, even.

well our president is a lying POS who says whatever suits him

TRUMP IS a threat to the 2nd,BUT he is a bigger threat to our FP, I see it as a good sign when other nation are threatening to stop aiding in our never ending murderous ways . fuck every dip shit nation to enables our POS FP.

Moderator and Priest
    Just got back from the doctor. PERFECT HEALTH! BLOOD AND CHOLESTEROL TESTS CAME BACK OPTIMAL, CEPT I'M GETTING KINDA CHUNKY, AND NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT! ALSO GOT A FLU SHOT, WHICH WILL PROBABLY KILL ME, CUZ EVERYONE EXPECTS ME TO DIE IRONICALLY!

Yes, Lord Dampnut is destroying US FP capabilities by gutting the diplomatic corps and destroying alliances, but do you really think being less able to solve things diplomatically decreases the risk of US being involved in a war? Are there less tensions between US and Iran now that US has decided to take unilateral action?

oretard bombed more nations than Bush, Warren voted to increase military budget, democrats are able to get away with more war than republicans just like republicans are able to infringe on the 2nd w/o much opposition from those who support them, during the bush years code pink and many groups were on the news just about every chance there was, after Obama got elected those same groups were ignored by the media.
    so yes I rather alienate all the POS nations that make our involvement in the M-E possible.

if trump said the same thing you guys would be flipping out over it..........

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Just got back from the doctor. PERFECT HEALTH! BLOOD AND CHOLESTEROL TESTS CAME BACK OPTIMAL, CEPT I'M GETTING KINDA CHUNKY, AND NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT! ALSO GOT A FLU SHOT, WHICH WILL PROBABLY KILL ME, CUZ EVERYONE EXPECTS ME TO DIE IRONICALLY!
    You won't die from a flu shot, just get late onset autism. But you get to choose the spectrum.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/21/polit...i6K96Elq_VVQxA
    Clinton says 'nobody likes' Sanders and won't commit to backing him if he's the Democratic nominee
    that is what Bernie gets for being a moron and backing POS clinton.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    You won't die from a flu shot, just get late onset autism. But you get to choose the spectrum.
    Cool. I can deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda
    that is what Bernie gets for being a moron and backing POS clinton.
    Someone needs to remind Hillary that the only reason Trump had even the remotest chance of willing in 2016 was because of her, and that they were both historically unpopular candidates.

One member of Lord Dampnut's defence team is already getting a memorial plaque:

Moderator and Priest
    That's brilliant!

Yeah, it's the same guys who put up the army recruitment posters:

Adam Schiff may not look like much, but his yesterday's performance at the Senate trial was one for the history books. The way Sekulow and Cipollone blustered and lied was nothing short of Fox News, only for their arguments to be taken apart by Schiff moments later. If you're a fan of history, this whole thing is amazing to watch.

Anyway, the party of fiscal responsibility brings to you a repeat of their famous performance "Who Cares":

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...out-the-budget

Donald Trump delivered remarks at a private dinner with wealthy donors Friday night at Mar-a-Lago, and as the Washington Post reported, the president shared some thoughts about the nation’s finances.

To those who criticized his spending and the growing national debt, Trump said: “Who the hell cares about the budget? We’re going to have a country.”

For most of President Barack Obama’s time in office, Republicans seemed to care very much about the budget, making fears around the national debt and deficit their top talking point. They’ve backed off those concerns under Trump.
    The Republican’s comments came just four days after the Trump administration reported that the annual budget deficit surpassed $1 trillion in 2019, despite the growing economy, and despite the fact that Trump promised voters he’d produce the opposite results.

Trump has now added $2.6 trillion to the national debt in just three years – more than Obama added to the debt in his entire second term.

It’s against this backdrop that the current president has chosen … indifference. And though I’m generally loath to agree with Trump, his blunt rhetorical question – “Who the hell cares about the budget?” – may have some merit.

Circling back to our earlier coverage, it wasn’t long ago that Republicans were hair-on-fire obsessed with the deficit and the nation’s multi-trillion-dollar debt. Though the purpose of the Tea Party “movement” was always a bit murky, it was ostensibly about the right’s overwhelming anxiety about the United States’ fiscal imbalance.

The irony of these Republicans’ concerns went largely overlooked. After all, as a percentage of the economy, Ronald Reagan was responsible for some of the largest deficits in American history. After the deficit disappeared entirely under Bill Clinton, George W. Bush added trillions to the debt.

It was in 2003 when then-Vice President Dick Cheney declared that “deficits don’t matter.”

After deficits again grew smaller during a Democratic administration – the deficit shrank by $1 trillion over Obama’s first seven years in office – Trump took office and the budget imbalance quickly began growing once again.

About a year ago at this time, White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney – the far-right budget chief who got involved in politics because he was determined to help balance the federal budget – told a group of Republicans that “nobody cares” about the issue anymore. His boss echoed the sentiment on Friday night.

And perhaps that’s a good thing. Many of the leading Democratic presidential candidates have ambitious progressive agendas, which include proposals that aren’t cheap. If Republicans are now of the opinion that budgets, deficits, and spending levels are annoying trivialities, best ignored, the debate over these proposals can focus more on their efficacy, and less on their price tags.

Except, of course, it’s a safe bet that the GOP will do what it always does when there’s a Democrat in the White House: Republicans will magically rediscover their deep and abiding fears about the scourge of deficits. The same partisans who shrugged their shoulders after learning of Trump’s comments on Friday night will pretend that annual budget shortfalls tear at the fabric of society and impose unforgivable burdens on future generations.

Can we all agree in advance that their rhetoric will deserve to be laughed at?

LittleFlower
    You should all realize that what is happening is not that "the deficit grew" or "government is spending too much" or "government is too large". What is really happening is that the Republicans are taking tax-money from the middle- and lower-classes, and giving that money to the rich.

This is a much simpler way to look at what is going on. Theft by the rich. I'm sure some of you are gonna disagree, and say this view is too simplistic. But in fact, this simple view makes it really obvious what the goal of the Republicans is. Not to make America great again. Not to make America Christian again. Not to protect people's guns. The simple goal is (and has always been): steal from the poor (and the middle-class) and give to the rich.

Debt grew 9 trillion under Obama.

LittleFlower
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    Debt grew 9 trillion under Obama.
    But he didn't spend that money on tax-breaks for his rich friends. He spent it mostly on sensible things. Things that tax-payers get a benefit from. Like getting the economy out of the slump/mess created by Baby Bush.

And although I share your view that he (and Hillary) messed up international affairs in the Middle East, during the Arabic spring and in the Ukraine, at least he didn't start new wars to move tax-payer money in large amounts to the military-industrial complex (like the Bush administrations have done large scale). I'm amazed that Trump still hasn't started a new war with Iran (the Republicans are jumping up and down with excitement to get going). I guess he found other ways to transport money to his friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzemuis View Post
    I'm amazed that Trump still hasn't started a new war with Iran (the Republicans are jumping up and down with excitement to get going). I guess he found other ways to transport money to his friends.
    Well, it's not for lack of trying.

And yes, the anti-tax movement is largely what got the US into this mess, though the costly wars haven't exactly been helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzemuis View Post
    But he didn't spend that money on tax-breaks for his rich friends. He spent it mostly on sensible things. Things that tax-payers get a benefit from. Like getting the economy out of the slump/mess created by Baby Bush.

And although I share your view that he (and Hillary) messed up international affairs in the Middle East, during the Arabic spring and in the Ukraine, at least he didn't start new wars to move tax-payer money in large amounts to the military-industrial complex (like the Bush administrations have done large scale). I'm amazed that Trump still hasn't started a new war with Iran (the Republicans are jumping up and down with excitement to get going). I guess he found other ways to transport money to his friends.
    WARREN voted to increase military spending, if we are going BK in the US the democrats are sure helping there. extremely disappointed with trump war wise, the buck stops with him and we should have withdrawn from that damn mess we have made over there.

Page 499 of 524 FirstFirst ... 249399449454459464469474479484489494495496497498499500501502503504509514519 ... LastLast