TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 19.26%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

43 31.85%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

49 36.30%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.96%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.63%
Page 501 of 501 FirstFirst ... 251401451456461466471476481486491496497498499500501
Results 12,501 to 12,509 of 12509

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

The history was interesting. As I understood it, the "no decency", or the subtext of it, was because McCarthy was dog-whistling that the guy was gay as well as a communist sympathizer. One could interpret that as assuming it's a terrible slander to accuse or just dog-whistle suggest a decorated soldier of being gay (which isn't really how we want to remember it today), but I prefer the interpretation that it's none of the Senate's business to even be making the suggestion or harassing the guy with no rational connection to anything the public should be concerned about to begin with.

But that isn't what I wanted to post about now. What I want to post about now is actual disgust at my "religious" friends going on about Trump's remarks at the pro-life rally, how "life is sacred and God's creation even from conception" and all that. And I try to understand their thinking on a lot of things, but this is one is pretty beyond the pale however you slice it. The guy has been linked to paying for 8 abortions that we know about, and I have an idea the number is higher, even much higher than that. It's almost literally stupefying how much of a mockery that makes of what he's saying, coming from him, and how putrid it is for people that legitimately care about the sanctity of life from conception to lap it up. I haven't used ole pukey emoji here in I don't know how many years, but imma pull him out for this.

There was indeed a lot of dog-whistling of that kind at the time. On both sides. McCarthy of course constantly ranted about the queers and communists, but even Welch made references to pixies during the hearings as a not so subtle jab at Cohn. There was a lavender scare going on, as it's sometimes called, and Eisenhower fired and outed thousands of people suspected or found to be homosexual.

The "no decency" part itself I don't think had much to do with that, though. Rather, it was McCarthy going to a place where Welch didn't think he would go and trying to destroy yet another person's career over spurious allegations on a matter Welch had considered to be an innocent mistake. Of course, everybody knew about Fisher being taken off the case at that point and the reason for it being his once membership in the National Lawyers Guild. But, more crucially, everybody saw that McCarthy didn't care one bit about the truth or the damage he was doing. I think the Point of Order documentary I linked above does a pretty decent job of highlighting why exactly people had grown so disgusted with McCarthy at that point.

Dog whistles? Canada train whistled McCarthy with a radio play called "The Investigator", in 1954.

Another one of Lord Dampnut's fine people in the news:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...d-fbi-n1121266

A New Hampshire man who was involved in the violent 2017 "Unite the Right" rally in Virginia was charged Thursday with threatening a person using the online messaging app Telegram, authorities said.

The man, Christopher Cantwell, 39, was taken into custody and indicted on two counts, extortion over interstate communications and threatening interstate communications, according to the FBI's Boston field office.

The indictment alleges that Cantwell threatened a man to get the personal identifying information of a second man with whom he was feuding. He is alleged to have told the victim over Telegram that if he didn't hand over the information he would attack his wife.

[...]

Cantwell became one of the most familiar faces of the white nationalist rally in Charlottesville after he was featured in a Vice News documentary on the far right that showed him chanting "Jews will not replace us."

[...]

Cantwell earned the nickname "the crying Nazi" after he posted an emotional video when a warrant was issued for his arrest following the rally.
    [...]

"The best people":

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ulow-donations

Documents obtained by the Guardian reveal Jay Sekulow approved plans to push people to give to his Christian nonprofit, which then paid big sums to his family

More than 15,000 Americans were losing their jobs each day in June 2009, as the US struggled to climb out of a painful recession following its worst financial crisis in decades.

But Jay Sekulow, who is now an attorney to Donald Trump, had a private jet to finance. His law firm was expecting a $3m payday. And six-figure contracts for members of his family needed to be taken care of.

Documents obtained by the Guardian show Sekulow that month approved plans to push poor and jobless people to donate money to his Christian nonprofit, which since 2000 has steered more than $60m to Sekulow, his family and their businesses.

Telemarketers for the nonprofit, Christian Advocates Serving Evangelism (Case), were instructed in contracts signed by Sekulow to urge people who pleaded poverty or said they were out of work to dig deep for a “sacrificial gift”.

“I can certainly understand how that would make it difficult for you to share a gift like that right now,” they told retirees who said they were on fixed incomes and had “no extra money” – before asking if they could spare “even $20 within the next three weeks”.

[...]

Case raises tens of millions of dollars a year, much of it in small amounts from Christians who receive direct appeals for money over the telephone or in the mail. The telemarketing contracts obtained by the Guardian show how fundraisers were instructed by Sekulow to deliver bleak warnings about topics including abortion, Sharia law and Barack Obama.
    [...]
    So, business as usual, then.

Moderator and Priest
    The usual responses: what about Hillary giving away our uranium to the Russians? What about her emails? What about Obama and Iran? What about? What about? What about? Fake news! Antifa!

Moderator and Priest
    This is less about Bernie, more about how Hillary Clinton really is pretty dense.

...and some people think she actually has the brains to murder 150 odd people without getting caught.

Still would've made a better president than Trump, though.

Trump is a role model for Republican's children and grandchildren. I include people that back him for religious reasons. I was listening to a Anglican priest talk about Trump. He said Trump is a evil person but does do good things like the anti-abortion legislation that he is implementing. He also said he can't tell anyone how to vote but backing someone that is pro-abortion is wrong. But because many of his congregation don't like the candidates of the Republicans or Democrats they don't vote at all. The one thing the priest failed to say is that excessive sanctions kill a lot of babies for they starve to death because the mothers can't produce enough milk to feed them. They estimate that 25,000 children will die in North Korea, and another 25,000 in Iran because of the excessive sanctions. There are other countries as well including Venezuela. The reason the i call them 'The Right to Death Party' is because they have failed to stop abortion over the years, they start wars for no legit reason, and stave people to death with sanctions. Not to mention a true 'Right to Life' person opposes the death penalty - not many Republican's here.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    This is less about Bernie, more about how Hillary Clinton really is pretty dense.

...and some people think she actually has the brains to murder 150 odd people without getting caught.

Still would've made a better president than Trump, though.
    she would get away with genocide, just like Obama.... that is far from better.

Page 501 of 501 FirstFirst ... 251401451456461466471476481486491496497498499500501