TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 18.31%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

49 34.51%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

50 35.21%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.82%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.15%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

Moderator and Priest
    I'll never ask you for forgiveness, you BASTARD!

Anyway, that should read "orange man fucks entire republic."

Is there anything he wouldn't fuck?

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    I've no idea what he's talking about either. Must be some Q thing.
    Yeah, I dunno either. I think he might be trying to worm his way back into my good graces, because it's pretty obvious he wants access to Commchat again to lay some troof 'n jussis on us MSM brainwashed sheeple people.

I can totally think for myself. CNN said as much!

Moderator and Priest
    Is there anything he wouldn't fuck?
    Sometimes, the stars align just right, and the universe comes together in beautiful harmony, providing a perfect opening for a mom joke.

Moderator and Priest
    Say what you will about Mitt, whether you like his politics or not, it's difficult not to respect a guy who is knowingly and willingly throwing away his entire career, is well aware of the smear campaigns that will inevitably follow, understands that his reputation will suffer for what he's about to do, yet still follows through on his convictions.

Thus goes the last Republican.

Next up is John Bolton, and let me tell you, I'm kinda conflicted about that. It seems the rumors are that Trump's out for revenge, and Bolton's likely to be hauled before some subcommittee or another to answer for crossing our dear president. On one hand, it sucks that he's being punished for doing what very few others have dared to do by standing up against Trump. On the other, being one of the architects of the War On Terror, and all the propaganda that's surrounded it, he's indirectly responsible for this whole situation, and he deserves to have his face smeared in the shit he helped create.

People were always so quick to dismiss the patrician style of public service mindedness of that old guard of Republicans of the likes of George HW Bush, John McCain, Bob Dole, Mitt Romney, etc. But when they all stood up for the right thing knowing up front they're going to get flambéd for it, it's at least shows it wasn't just an act for them. I feel like HW getting ripped apart for his "read my lips: no new taxes" renege by the nutwing faction of the time (Pat Robertson & Newt Gingrich, which are even tame by today's standards) was around the start of this whole mess.

It's also kind of depressing to realize how quickly the whole party establishment just folded by, actually not even the Tea Party upstarts but by the later upstarts who even went after the teabags as not nutwing enough (add something about the revolution eating its own children like Saturn here). What a hot mess.
    Last edited by demagogue; 6th Feb 2020 at 00:16.

Yes, standing up in a crowd to do the right thing, especially if you're the only one, takes some real guts and conviction. Even more striking when you know the other Republicans despise Lord Dampnut and yet bow to him.

Moderator and Priest
    The guy does have the entire GOP by the short and curlies. When given the choice between their country and their jobs, well, most of them do have houses in the Hamptons they're paying off...

Yeah, well, when you're a star, they let you do it.

Moderator and Priest
    Grab 'em by the pussy.

What did Trump do to deserve all the hate? Isn't the US faring better than 4 years ago?

Moderator and Priest
    Stock market's higher, a nice tax break that lasted a couple years, and a divisive president that can't be held accountable for constantly flaunting the law because congress openly refuses to do its job.

Could be worse, I guess.

At least there seems to have been far less warmongering than on Obama's watch.

Are you kidding me? Did you forget the assassination of an Iranian general? Putting troops in Syria? The escalation of the drone warfare? Over the last two years, the US has dropped more bombs on Afghanistan than at any point in history.

Moderator and Priest
    Obama was far from being a peacenik, and hardly disengaged us from the Middle East like we all hoped he would, but a lot of his actions have been overhyped by the conservatives and Libertarians to serve as a counterpoint to Bush, usually in an attempt to illustrate some "inherent hypocrisy among the leftists."

The most commonly used refrain is that Obama bombed more countries than Bush did. Technically, it's true. Obama bombed, what, 5 nations? It's something like that. What they fail to mention is that all these bombings were against ISIS targets, and, barring a couple of exceptions, were launched at the behest of the governments of these countries. ISIS was scary, and no one particularly liked them much, so no harm, no foul.

In the meanwhile, Trump has escalated our involvement in the Middle East again, having our military assist in the Syria clusterfuck, and increasing drone strikes and bombings in the region, like Starker mentioned, and having unilaterally ordered the assassination of a scumbag of a Iranian general, which brings up a ton of other concerns. Conservatives call him The Great Peacemaker, because for the last three years, he's been JUST ABOUT READY to bring our troops home, and end our involvement in the Middle East.

...and that's US politics. They are dumb.

As for the economy, depends on who you are. If you own stock, yes, must be nice. If you're a corporation, even better. Growing the deficit just to give large corporations a handout is not really a sign of a good economy, though.

Also, it's not really clear what Lord Dampnut has done for the economy that isn't a part of the Obama recovery.

But yes, he has not completely screwed up the economy, though his disastrous trade wars haven't done it any favours either. Farm bankruptcies jumped 20% last year, for example, even with all the government subsidies.

Putting troops in Syria?
    But they were already there by 2016, and proxy warfare was also going full steam.

The escalation of the drone warfare? Over the last two years, the US has dropped more bombs on Afghanistan than at any point in history.
    Don't know about that. If it's true, I stand corrected.

Did you forget the assassination of an Iranian general?
    Good riddance.

No, the troops were not in Syria. Lord Dampnut sent them there. The US was training fighters to take on ISIS, but this did not take in place in Syria and, far from going full steam, the training program was a failure.

As for the assassination, no matter what you think of the guy, if that isn't warmongering in your book, I'm not sure what is. Iran is sure to seek retribution for it. And even before that, Lord Dampnut unilaterally tore up the Iran deal (that Iran was following), needlessly escalating things.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by nemyax View Post
    Good riddance.
    No tears shed for the guy. The only issue is how this will sneak up and bite us in the ass later, which it probably will, and the next step will be full escalation into war.

I'm pretty sure back in the 50's, no one expected Operation Ajax to have repercussions 70 years later, yet here we are, still dealing with the fallout from helping the British secure their oil line within some dirt poor no-name 3rd world country.

The guy was planning strikes against western targets so I didn't have a problem with the military logic of a strike per se, it's just that it stirred up a hornet's nest without any proportional return for it. We've completely and needlessly alienated both the Iraqi establishment and the Iranian resistance groups by it, which were among the few alliances or potential ones the west even has in the region. Trump also managed to piss on the Kurds and Syrian opposition while he was at it. We handed influence in the region over to Russia on a silver platter.

Quote Originally Posted by nemyax
    What did Trump do to deserve all the hate? Isn't the US faring better than 4 years ago?
    Brilliant. Next level trolling.

Honestly Trump doesn't deserve hate. His own hand-picked staff openly ignores most of his instructions, and we should all do the same.
    The oval office is empty, and he doesn't really exist except in incoherent word salad soundbites that mean and do nothing.
    It's been like that since the early days.
    I'm pretty sure he still hasn't even fully staffed a lot of federal positions, which most presidents do with the first few weeks in office.

Inaction and neglect also have real consequences. Again, I plug The Fifth Risk by Michael Lewis -- an excellent take on this.

And yeah, pity is more appropriate here.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    We handed influence in the region over to Russia on a silver platter.
    Russia is only the poorer and more backward for that. So again, good riddance. And either way, Turkey and Israel keep doing anything they want, Russia or no Russia.

Brilliant. Next level trolling.
    I'm genuinely interested, since I'm not American. Whatever unappetising things are happening in the US, honestly they don't look that horrible from over here.

BANNED
    Well it was a nice run, folks.

Fortunately some developing countries that used to look up to the US still have a vision of what we used to call the American Dream and are making positive steps in that direction according to the classic liberal democratic principles of the US Constitution (sans the slavery bits and a few other dead ends). So I won't say the experiment was a complete waste of everybody's time.

Thanks for playing those of you that did your best.
    If we're fortunate, maybe we'll get a second chance at it.
    those would be ignorant countries oblivious to our eternal misdeeds and victims of US propaganda. the US has been the fucking terrorist nation for decades.

Yes, the US has undoubtedly been a force of evil, and it's an inescapable part of imperialism. But the US has also held onto a set of ideals and democratic norms that could be used to hold it accountable and that make it much different from quite a few big powers. For example, as a rule, the US doesn't murder journalists that are critical of it and dissidents like Chomsky can speak relatively freely without accidentally ingesting poison or nerve gas. It's not a country where bribes are a normal and expected part of your everyday dealings with the police, doctors, or any kind of public official. And it's not a country where the ruling party would persecute and jail its political rivals. Or at least it didn't use to be.
    Last edited by Starker; 6th Feb 2020 at 12:06.

Page 508 of 542 FirstFirst ... 8258408458463468473478483488493498503504505506507508509510511512513518523528533538 ... LastLast