TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 18.06%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

51 35.42%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

50 34.72%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.78%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.03%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

BANNED
    Ha. Obama took the biggest dump in the constitution ever take. And libs love him

Moderator and Priest
    How?

Moderator and Priest

The Relevant Law

HILARIOUS!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Hell, Starker. It's just the Constitution. What do you expect us to do? Hold him accountable?

So we've got an old career politician who may be suffering the early stages of dementia, a caricature of every grumpy old man ever, and an weird orange colored con man who can rip the country off and break every law imaginable because his party is too afraid to stand up against him all running for president this year. What else can I say?

God bless America.
    Real what we sow

BANNED
    How?
    Indefinite detention w/o trial signed into law

Moderator and Priest
    True. That one is pretty bad.

Though the fault of it doesn't lie on Obama solely. It was Congress, then a Republican majority, who buried that clause inside a standard defense spending bill, and passed it in both the House and Senate. Then Trump's SCOTUS upheld it as constitutional.

Obama gets some blame for not contesting it, but the guilt lies wholly on them all.

And I don't remember liberals cheering Obama on for that. Though the conservatives have cheered Trump on for it, given that it's been used to fuck over the illegals, since they're not considered US citizens.

So hey, things are complicated, huh?
    Last edited by Renzatic; 10th Feb 2020 at 00:10. Reason: Changed the bill link

And W had already set the bar for that with the indefinite Guantanamo Bay detentions, which they claimed wasn't "US territory" so the Constitution didn't apply, but neither was it occupied territory so the Geneva Conventions didn't apply either. And they were combatants so you could detain them as POWs without trials, except you have to release POWs when hostilities end. So then they were criminals (unlawful combatants), so you could detain them even without hostilities, except criminals need to be detained with evidence and a fair trial. So then they were POWs again for those purposes.

They just cherry picked legal principles to get what they want and ignore what they didn't, even if those things were mutually incompatible. (you gotta pick, either they're combatants or criminals, they can't be both and neither at the same time. GTMO is either US territory or occupied territory. It can't be both and neither at the same time.) Of course it's almost quaint and naive by today's standards. Trump doesn't even bother with the veneer of legality. He'll openly order illegal actions and leave it to his staff to just ignore him when he crosses a line.

Hell, Starker. It's just the Constitution. What do you expect us to do? Hold him accountable?
    Well, at least you have your priorities:

Last edited by Starker; 10th Feb 2020 at 01:40.

BANNED
    True. That one is pretty bad.

Though the fault of it doesn't lie on Obama solely. It was Congress, then a Republican majority, who buried that clause inside a standard defense spending bill, and passed it in both the House and Senate. Then Trump's SCOTUS upheld it as constitutional.

Obama gets some blame for not contesting it, but the guilt lies wholly on them all.

And I don't remember liberals cheering Obama on for that. Though the conservatives have cheered Trump on for it, given that it's been used to fuck over the illegals, since they're not considered US citizens.

So hey, things are complicated, huh?
    they should ALL be tried for TREASON, including those in SCOTUS.

SMASH THE STATE FOR THE STATE!!!111

Oh well.....so beautifully antinomic.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    SMASH THE STATE FOR THE STATE!!!111

Oh well.....so beautifully antinomic.
    is that how you feel about anyone who protest the misdeeds of their govt?
    Hong Kong protesters? how about those in Syria/Libya? if you want to kiss the boots by all means do so.

Moderator and Priest
    I'm gonna leave this here. It's fake news. A nothingburger. A witch hunt. The Democrats are just mad they lost in 2020.

BANNED
    the democrats have nothing come 2020 .
    from your article.

Now, just because Graham confessed this gigantic scandal doesn’t mean the confession is true. Graham is, um, a complicated figure. He might be lying about what Barr told him, or Barr might have been lying to him.

Moderator and Priest
    You forgot the update.

Update: Barr confirmed today that the Department has “established an intake process,” because it “has an obligation to have an open door to anybody.” But if it has an obligation to have an open door to anybody, hasn’t that open door always existed? Why did Barr have to establish a new one?
    Repeated Here.

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    is that how you feel about anyone who protest the misdeeds of their govt?
    Maybe it was just a result of engaging with someone who is indistinguishable from their own caricature.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    Maybe it was just a result of engaging with someone who is indistinguishable from their own caricature.
    ok, just trying to clear things up.
    Last edited by jkcerda; 11th Feb 2020 at 15:17.

Another day, another brazen display of corruption:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...stone-n1134961

Moderator and Priest
    Yeah, but what that stuff Obama did? Blah blah blah. You're bias is showing. Herr dur duurr.

Apparently it's not enough that he could just pardon (or commute) Stone.

Moderator and Priest
    Who knows why the hell the Trump administration does what it does. All I know is they can do whatever they want, because no one's around to hold them accountable anymore.

On another similar topic, around here, it seems that the retirees are the one group of people who most consistently support Trump. Given that he's prepping to make cuts to Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security, you'd think they would take notice of it, and say something, right? Nope, they're still supporting him, even with this potential blow to their livelihoods.

Though to be fair to them, they are the biggest leaches on society, taking much, and contributing nothing. They're punishing themselves for doing what they claim to hate most. Can't fault them for being consistent in their beliefs.

...but still, it'd be cheaper if they just downed a bottle of aspirin one night.

Moderator and Priest
    Meanwhile, in Tennessee...

HELL, YALL! I WARSH MUHSELF WITH A RAG ON A GOTT-DAMN STICK, LIKE THE GOOD LORD JESUS INTENDED!

And so I voted, before work this morning. It felt good, but I’m not optimistic. There was no line and hopefully that doesn’t mean low turnout. I had planned to attend some campaign events this weekend, without much luck. I couldn’t get a ticket to the debate or to the Our Rights, Our Courts forum on Sat morning, which is just as well because we had an ice storm on Friday that ruined my Friday afternoon plans, and then left us with an 18 hour power outage. I did get to Manchester on Sunday morning and talked to a bunch of people, and it’s amazing how many undecided Democrats there are. Even after months of campaigning in NH, there’s still lots of people who don’t have a favorite, some who weren’t even sure they were going to vote today. It’s like people just want to find a bandwagon to jump on.

However, it did seem like Amy Klobuchar has momentum. Most people who hadn’t made a choice yet were leaning her way or saying positive things about her. I think she’ll beat Biden and maybe even Warren, finishing 3rd or 4th.

Another surprise is that Buttigieg has a big ground game run by a national organization. In the last few days, suddenly his people are EVERYWHERE, coming out of the woodwork. And a large percentage of them came from somewhere else, from all over the country. He’s got a huge last minute turn-out-the-vote effort going. It’s the kind of political operation we got from Clinton that I thought might go to Biden.

Biden apparently flew out of here for SC during the middle of the day, and it made the news before the after-work crowd voted. So he gets a few extra hours of campaign time in SC, which is still 2.5 week away. But he suppresses his results here, and alienates his organization in a swing state that he probably needs to beat Trump if he makes it that far. I have a feeling he’s going to go out angry.

Tom Steyer has been blanketing us for months with the same ads over and over. If I were him, I'd put more money into making more and better ads and not just fill air time with the same boring stuff again and again. I did attend one of his smaller gatherings a bit over a month ago and I was impressed with him in person, but his ads don't give you a good reason to vote for him. Bennet hasn't been on TV, but he's been spending a shit ton of time pressing the flesh in NH for the last year. Both of those guys need a decent showing, but I've no idea how they will fare.

On the positive side, Trump’s rally drew a much smaller and mellower crowd this year.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    And so I voted, before work this morning. It felt good, but I’m not optimistic. There was no line and hopefully that doesn’t mean low turnout.
    It's the primary. They never draw big crowds.

If the same is true of the election, that's when everyone should be concerned. It means that no one has too much hope, faith, and/or enthusiasm in whoever's running for the presidency, and the only people likely to vote are those who voted in the primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    On the positive side, Trumpís rally drew a much smaller and mellower crowd this year.
    Yeah, this packed arena in New Hampshire is small and mellow!...

Looking good for the Dems!...The time of Drumpf is at an end!...

Last time, there were huge mobs of people outside his venues causing all sorts of headaches for local law enforcement to manage the crowds and traffic. This time, a relatively quiet crowd hanging around the arena. I'll grant you that he's not contesting a primary this time around. His biggest primary concern is that Bill Weld might get 10% of the vote instead of 2%. But he doesn't have a lot of visible support compared to this time in 2016.

Page 512 of 559 FirstFirst ... 12262412462467472477482487492497502507508509510511512513514515516517522527532537542547552557 ... LastLast