TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

    28 18.79%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

    54 36.24%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

    50 33.56%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

    4 2.68%
  • I don't know what's going on!

    13 8.72%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

  1. #12826
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    I love how one day JK's all like "FUCK YEAH, I'D VOTE FOR BERNIE", then the next "THE DEMOCRATS ARE SCARING AWAY THE AVERAGE VOTER!"

    Trolls can only troll so long as their trolling isn't obvious. Which I guess it isn't yet, because someone WILL give a serious reply to this.
    huh? said it a while ago, Bernie lost me forever when he endorsed Hillary.
    that said old POS socialist turn coat does not deserve what the DNC is doing to him,,,,,,,,,, or maybe he does.

  2. #12827
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Upon what metrics?



    Trump's support among independent voters is squarely in the wishy-washy territory, far from outright owning them.
    they don't have to "support" trump, but rather reject the feel good liberal BS the dems are pushing, not everyone is interested in paying more taxes for feel good bullshit.

  3. #12828
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2001
    Location: 0x0x0
    Wishing old republicans were dead. Stay classy Comm Chat!

  4. #12829
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    they don't have to "support" trump, but rather reject the feel good liberal BS the dems are pushing, not everyone is interested in paying more taxes for feel good bullshit.
    No, but they are interested in cheaper insulin, and affordable healthcare.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    Wishing old republicans were dead. Stay classy Comm Chat!
    The hell you whining about now?

  5. #12830
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    No, but they are interested in cheaper insulin, and affordable healthcare.



    The hell you whining about now?
    how the did the un-affordable care act work out?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...-drugs-canada/
    Trump administration unveils plan to allow states to buy cheaper drugs from Canada

  6. #12831
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Not well, so I guess you think our only option is to buy from a country that has its shit together, rather than doing the work ourselves.

    Though we could just copy the Canadian healthcare system, instead of leaching off of them, but no, the Affordable Care Act sucks.

  7. #12832
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    It got 20 million more people coverage.

    How did Lord Dampnut's health care plan work out?

  8. #12833
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    It got 20 million more people coverage.

    How did Lord Dampnut's health care plan work out?
    SAVED everyone who did NOT want insurance from paying a penalty and kept those people who wanted insurance insured. CA went full retard and is going to again impose a penalty to those who don't want insurance while giving free insurance to illegals. that is how fucking stupid CA liberals are.

    https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...ance-penalties

    https://www.npr.org/2019/07/10/74014...ted-immigrants


    trump FTW.
    Last edited by jkcerda; 12th Feb 2020 at 14:49.

  9. #12834
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Do you have any idea how much more expensive it is to not give these people health care and to treat them in emergency rooms? Besides, they pay taxes too.

    Meanwhile, your hero is touting a hare-brained scheme to win political points and the Democrats' bill to allow the government to negotiate drug prices is gathering dust in the Senate.

  10. #12835
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    It's only fair, JK. We've been crossing the border for cheap dental work and medications for years now. May as well give something back.

  11. #12836
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Also, this is literally how insurance is made to work in a market of adverse selection. Is car insurance not mandatory in the US?

  12. #12837
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    There may be a couple of states where it's not, but for the most part, yeah.

  13. #12838
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    The funny thing is how one of the major concerns about universal healthcare from the pundit crowd is how it effects our "freedom." With a single payer system, you don't have the ability to opt out, so it's anti-American.

    But let's think about it. Our choices are between an expensive system you can say no to, or a cheaper system you always have to pay into. What are the advantages of being able to say no? It'll immediately save you a ton of money. Insurance on average is about ~8-20% of your paycheck depending on your plan co-pays and deductibles, and number of people covered, so that's money now in your pocket. In three years, you can buy a really nice car! But then one day, you wake up with a a cough that won't seem to go away. You pay $100 to go to your local doctor, who refers you to a lung specialist to get an x-ray, costing you an additional $200, and you find out, holy shit, IT'S THE BIG C!

    So what do you do? No insurance company will take your tumor riddled ass, because you're practically guaranteed to be a sunk cost. Chemotherapy and radiation treatments will cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars, which you can't afford. Hell, you dropped your insurance just to buy a car. You can either try to go in debt with the hospital, which you'll probably default on if you survive, screwing the hospital in the process, or just pick a nice ditch to die in.

    Now in a single payer system, the average you pay is about ~4-6% of your monthly paycheck. You're paying less than the entirely private system, but you don't have any ability to opt out. So long as you have a job, you're paying into the system. You have no choice in the matter.

    So our choices are to support a system where you pay less, but payment is mandatory, or pay more, but you reserve the option to fuck yourself and your family.

  14. #12839
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2001
    Location: Land of the crazy
    This is the main reason why Iím supporting Bernie. We have the worst health care system in the first world. Sanders and Warren are the only candidates who even SAY they will attempt to take it on, and for Sanders itís a signature issue whereas for Warren itís becoming a thorn in her side. The other candidates seem scared to death of taking on the health care industryís lobbies.

    I believe that single payer is the only solution that can effectively control cost growth overall. There are countless examples of publicly financed, privately provided health care systems that produce as good or better outcomes for a lot less money. I donít expect Bernie or anybody to get there in one step, but I think electing him is our best shot at getting a public option going.

    And health care is going to raise our taxes regardless of who is elected. We currently spend more on Medicare than we collect in payroll taxes, with the delta coming out of the trust fund. That trust fund will be empty in 5 or 6 years, at which point there will be a funding gap that needs to be closed. Given the current state of the federal budget, a likely coming recession, and the end of the trust fund, whoever becomes the next President is going to have to deal with a major budget crisis.

    The problem with most moderates and centrists is that they can't make any bold moves without a risk of blowing up the coalition that elected them, therefore they are incapable of solving any really big problems.

  15. #12840
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Do you have any idea how much more expensive it is to not give these people health care and to treat them in emergency rooms? Besides, they pay taxes too.

    Meanwhile, your hero is touting a hare-brained scheme to win political points and the Democrats' bill to allow the government to negotiate drug prices is gathering dust in the Senate.
    if you are going with that then WHY is HC not "free" for EVERYONE in CA who also pay taxes? why the fuck is my son getting a damn fine while these people get it for free?

  16. #12841
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    Given the current state of the federal budget, a likely coming recession, and the end of the trust fund, whoever becomes the next President is going to have to deal with a major budget crisis.
    Which leads to the next conundrum. Whoever wins the 2020 election will be blamed for what's inevitably coming as a consequence of our politics. The stock market is growing primarily on corporate profit margins exceeding expectations, not job growth or trade, which is pretty decent, but not spectacular at the moment. It's a bubble built around the strength of a top heavy economy, one excited over itself, and its own performance. It'll burst whenever we find out it hasn't touched every corner of the economy, and people are being a lot more frugal with their money than the forecasted estimates.

    When it happens, and we find that we've already cut taxes to near historic lows, and thus won't be able to cut them any lower to spur the economy back into a recovery with without risking a massive debt increase, then things will get even worse. No path to an immediate recovery leads to a bearish stock market. A bearish stock market leads to conservative hiring practices from big businesses trying to maintain their profit margins. Conservative hiring practices lead to tepid job markets. Tepid job markets lead to so on and so on. It's possible we'll be facing a decade long low level recession with flat growth. There are a lot of reasons to assume we're heading towards a stagnant economy.

    Maybe Trump does need to be a two term president. It's easy to claim he's awesome when he's working within an economy that was already booming when he took office. Let's see how he fares in one that isn't playing to his favor.

  17. #12842
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Location: Canuckistan GWN
    Why are my taxes payin' fer roads I nevuh drive on? Tarnation!

    The reason your son is paying a fine is because REPUBLICANS were unable to totally destroy Obamacare so they just wrecked critical working parts then blamed the system/Dems for the effects of their sabotage.

    Single payer all the way. Just ask the rest of civilization.

  18. #12843
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    if you are going with that then WHY is HC not "free" for EVERYONE in CA who also pay taxes? why the fuck is my son getting a damn fine while these people get it for free?
    Because you keep voting for people who hamstring any attempt to fix the issue. The ACA would've had a cheaper public option if the Democrats didn't compromise on the issue with the Republicans, opting to built it around an exclusive private sector infrastructure. The problems of the ACA could've been fixed by now through good legislation with bipartisan support, if the current political play wasn't for the Republicans to let it wither on the vine so they can blame the Democrats for its failure.

    Instead, let's bitch about some pointless aside that has a snowball's chance in hell of ever coming to pass, because llliiibbuurrrrrlllss are soooo dumb.

    Yeah, the proposition to allow illegals access to free healthcare is pretty stupid in a lot of ways, but it's also ignoring the forest for the trees.

  19. #12844
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    Why are my taxes payin' fer roads I nevuh drive on? Tarnation!

    The reason your son is paying a fine is because REPUBLICANS were unable to totally destroy Obamacare so they just wrecked critical working parts then blamed the system/Dems for the effects of their sabotage.

    Single payer all the way. Just ask the rest of civilization.
    IT'S demotards the ones who are fining US citizens while giving illegals free HC.

  20. #12845
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Because you keep voting for people who hamstring any attempt to fix the issue. The ACA would've had a cheaper public option if the Democrats didn't compromise on the issue with the Republicans, opting to built it around an exclusive private sector infrastructure. The problems of the ACA could've been fixed by now through good legislation with bipartisan support, if the current political play wasn't for the Republicans to let it wither on the vine so they can blame the Democrats for its failure.

    Instead, let's bitch about some pointless aside that has a snowball's chance in hell of ever coming to pass, because llliiibbuurrrrrlllss are soooo dumb.

    Yeah, the proposition to allow illegals access to free healthcare is pretty stupid in a lot of ways, but it's also ignoring the forest for the trees.
    but they ARE fucking dumb.
    the rest of the nation is looking at it in CA alone.

  21. #12846
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    They're not giving illegals free HC yet. Plus, that's only California. They're weird out there.

    ...because you're there, fucking things up.

  22. #12847
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Excuse me? What did you say? TORTILLA? Last time I checked, we're living in America! And even though we had that damn Obama up there in his black ass White House, we still speak American here! So that ain't no la de dah tortilla! That's FLAT CORN, GODDAMNIT!

  23. #12848
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Wait? WHAT? Did you say quesadilla? Look at fancy ass over here! That aint' no kes-e-dee-ya, IT'S FLAT CORN WITH CHEESE! FUCK!

  24. #12849
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Sorry. Sometimes I have to let my inner redneck out.

  25. #12850
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    'We should take care of A before B" says the people who prevented A from being taken care of in the first place.

Page 514 of 564 FirstFirst ... 14264414464469474479484489494499504509510511512513514515516517518519524529534539544549554559 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •