TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 18.06%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

51 35.42%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

50 34.72%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.78%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.03%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    How about this solution?

Just let you guys have some territory to establish a Utopia where guns are banned, income is taxed at 90% to fund huge social welfare, and all negative speech is banned:

https://www.newsweek.com/secession-p...7J4uDNam7zliQE
    1) Tasers-like *TOOLS* are good enough for crowd control (police / public order function)
    2) "Negative Speech" is NOT bad if not "SHARPEN-EDGE-PURE-TROLLING-DRIVEN" (as any other form of social MUTUAL behavioural control, and in a semi-utopia-like society everybody knows this and everybody knows how to limit ourself in indulging in negative relationships to other society members )

3) Social Welfare? Well, I assume in an utopian (not distopian) society everybody knows when and how say "goodbye" and that's inavoidable to some point (but acceptable after the creation of new society members, both in direct and indirect manner). To say goodbye to relationships and to life itself.

Life is a value if life-oriented When life can't be life-oriented someone can say its value becomes relative.
    I repeat: creation of new society members, both in direct and indirect manner. No need to be "perfect".

You know, there's an old word for all of this: stoicism.
    Last edited by lowenz; 14th Feb 2020 at 08:46.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    I was wondering where we are now, and the ghost of Rod Serling, bless him, summed it up better than most any other meme out there.

Attachment 2560
    Of course "conman" is the perfect word for His Majesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Except Lieberman was an independent and not a member of the party at the time.
    A technicality. He lost his Democratic primary in 2006, but won the general election as an independent. He still caucused with the Democratic party and even retained his committee chairmanship.

I hope that was meant to be satire. There's a red/blue split in every state. It might be 40/60 in California and 60/40 in Arkansas, and closer to 50/50 in others. Within each state, the division is typically blue city/urban vs. red small town/rural. How does secession resolve these divisions:

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    A technicality. He lost his Democratic primary in 2006, but won the general election as an independent. He still caucused with the Democratic party and even retained his committee chairmanship.
    Is it really only a technicality if you get endorsed by Republicans like Gingrich and run a conservative campaign as a de facto Republican and continue to champion Bush era policies? From what I read about him, it seems he was more conservative than many Republicans, even. And the fact remains that there was little Democrats could do to whip his vote. Enforcing party discipline on members not in your party is a bit difficult to say the least. Not to mention that your country has pretty weak parties in the first place.

And yes, he was allowed to stay the chair of a committee in exchange for him voting with the Democrats on procedural matters (though he did lose his seat on another committee), but that deal had nothing to do with policy matters.
    Last edited by Starker; 14th Feb 2020 at 11:16.

BANNED
    How about this solution?

Just let you guys have some territory to establish a Utopia where guns are banned, income is taxed at 90% to fund huge social welfare, and all negative speech is banned:

yeap, they can have NY.....

How about this solution?

A straw-man extravaganza supported by a totally irrelevant magazine article. Tony, you are exceeding even the lowest expectations which many of us could possibly set for you. Congratulations?

Moderator and Priest
    Why do you hate freedom, Nicker? Why must you be a communist? WHY CAN'T THE LIBTARDS LOVE AMERICA?

BANNED
    simple, damn libetards want everything you have except your yob....
    (Meme removed)

Moderator and Priest
    Sanders would do better if he followed Trump's example. Steal everyone's money right out in the open, don't even pretend otherwise, then complain everyone is being TOTALLY UNFAIR to you when they call you out for it, and that they're all just jealous.

BANNED
    you have no idea how much it HURTS to say that come 2020 TRUMP IS the reasonable dip shit. that is how far out the stupid left is.

Moderator and Priest
    No, he's not the reasonable choice. You're just dum.

BANNED
    anyone willing to pay more taxes on feel good bullshit libtards can't even explain is dum.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...bs-poll-074054

the minute Warren explained the cost to a degree is the minute she lost the lead and that is just from libtards who realize they will have to put their money where their mouth is.

all cheeto hitler needs to do is keep asking how much will their feel good bullshit will cost .
    (Meme removed)
    Last edited by jkcerda; 14th Feb 2020 at 16:18.

Moderator and Priest
    anyone willing to pay more taxes on feel good bullshit libtards can't even explain is dum.
    What? Like the New Deal? The economic framework that helped carry us through the biggest economic boom the country has ever experienced? Like Universal Healthcare? That thing we've been talking about since forever that literally every other 1st world country has implemented, with all its boons and pitfalls well documented and illustrated for everyone to see?

Can the libtards not explain it, or do you just not want to listen?

In the category of candidate most likely to get a majority (not just plurality) of pledged delegates at the Democratic convention, as estimated by 538, the front-runner is now "nobody". Still less than 50%, of course, because even "no majority" itself can't get a majority.
    Last edited by Pyrian; 14th Feb 2020 at 16:56.

Moderator and Priest
    We'll see how it goes, but if it ends up being a brokered convention, there are a gonna be a lot of hurt feelings, because there's now way in hell Bernie can win that.

That's the problem with populists. They all have creepy fans.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    What? Like the New Deal? The economic framework that helped carry us through the biggest economic boom the country has ever experienced? Like Universal Healthcare? That thing we've been talking about since forever that literally every other 1st world country has implemented, with all its boons and pitfalls well documented and illustrated for everyone to see?

Can the libtards not explain it, or do you just not want to listen?
    as shown, the libtards that finally listened to her bullshit left her. as will the rest of the Murikan public when they see how much feel good bullshit cost. let make a bet. if trump wins I win, if a libtard wins you win.

winner gets to marry the loser here. deal? oh and you get to be the female in the relationship, you are far prettier than I am while wearing a dress and high heel stiletto's .

Moderator and Priest
    I won't wear a dress. The breeze makes my nuts cold.

And who in the hell are you talking about? Hillary? Her policies are hardly left-leaning. She pays lip service to some, sure, but she's a fairly standard Wall Street Democrat, or rather what people used to call a Republican back in the 80's. It's not like Trump won by preaching exclusively to far right policies, either. Unlike most Trump fans, I have a memory longer than a goldfish, and remember quite well when he platformed on regulating Wall Street, taxing the rich, and MEDICAL COVERAGE SO GOOD, YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT!

Hillary lost not because she was a "leftist", but because she's seedy, wasn't particularly liked, ran a bad campaign, and was under investigation by the FBI during the election. Even with that, Trump only barely eeked a victory. If Trump wins again, it won't be because of the great left/right divide, but because things are working well enough at the moment, and the Democrats seem kinda lost up their own asses.

If you want to argue politics, I mean REALLY want to argue politics, maybe it'd be better if you understood the reality of our current situation, rather than taking the buzzword laden shit you pick up on Libertarian messageboards as gospel.

BANNED
    I was talking about pocahantas, even linked the article.
    wait, you still have balls? wtf? it's Valentines, see you at 8:00

Moderator and Priest
    I HAVE TWO! TWO BALLS! USED TO HAVE THREE, BUT THERE WAS AN ACCIDENT!

I also just slammed my fingers in the door. I can feel my heartbeat in my ring finger right now.

BANNED
    if you had my wedding ring there it would have protected you, see? you hurt the longer we are no married.

Moderator and Priest
    The door caught the tips of my fingers, not the base. So if I fulfilled your wildest wishes and dreams, I'd be saddled with some rando clingy meximoocher, AND my hand would still hurt. I'd gain nothing from this exchange.

SO AWAY THEE FROM ME, THOT!

BANNED
    you would get 1/4 of the web cam proceeds.........................
    we could be RICH.............

anyways, trump 2020.

Moderator and Priest
    If you vote for Trump, and end up getting kicked out of the country, I'm gonna laugh.

BANNED
    Obama deported more than Bush, trump can't even get funding for the stupid wall.

Page 517 of 558 FirstFirst ... 17267417467472477482487492497502507512513514515516517518519520521522527532537542547552557 ... LastLast