TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 18.31%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

49 34.51%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

50 35.21%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.82%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.15%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzemuis View Post
    Trump - Biden = certain that Trump will win 52% vs 48%.
    Trump - Sanders = anything is possible, from a Trump 70% vs 30% win to a Sanders 51% to 49% win.
    Which of the 2 options is best ?
    trump by a long shot
    (Meme removed)

LittleFlower
    Why do Americans buy water ?

Amurica is the bestest country in the world !
    (Second bestest actually. Texas is the bestest country in the world).
    Can't you just drink water from the tap, like everyone else in first-world countries does ?
    Or is the drinking-water in the bestest country in the world actually not drinkable ?

because we are stupid................... and spoiled, it's rare for tap to taste the same as bottled, except arrowhead, that is pure damn piss that is bottled like coors light & bud light......

LittleFlower
    I was just poking fun at you yanks.
    I've spent about 18 months of my life in the US. (In the nineties).
    I know you can't drink the tapwater.
    I already hated it to just take a shower. Getting chlorine all over your skin. And you can't take a shower to wash the chlorine of your skin.

In my country you can drink water from the tap. Everyone does. In the country to the east of us, you can do that too. In the country to the south of us, tapwater is fine too. I can't believe that a country that can't produce decent tapwater calls itself the greatest country in the world. The US is maybe good at starting wars. But they are amateurs at many many many other simple things.

The most well-known brand of bottled water in the Netherlands is called Spa. It comes in flat (non-carbonated) and carbonated kinds (as well as with a fruit taste and such). It's quite expensive if you should choose to drink it all the time instead of tap water. Quite frankly, when I compare the taste of Spa Blauw (Blue, non-carbonated) water with Dutch tap water, I even prefer the taste of the tap water that comes out of my faucets to the expensive bottled Spa Blue. And it has been determined that, contrary to the claims of bottled water companies, our tap water is just as healthy if not healthier than bottled water.

I have a Spa Blue 1.5 liter bottle in my fridge. I constantly refill it with tap water, so that I always have cold water to drink. I don't even consider buying new Spa Blue bottles constantly.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvester View Post
    And it has been determined that, contrary to the claims of bottled water companies, our tap water is just as healthy if not healthier than bottled water.
    Which is funny, considering that most bottled water is drawn from a filtered tap. They don't really get it from Canadian glaciers, people.

Though I have to have bottled water, since my tap water tastes bad. Plus it has fluoride in it, which makes people vote in ways I don't find politically convenient.

In my country you can drink water from the tap. Everyone does. In the country to the east of us, you can do that too. In the country to the south of us, tapwater is fine too. I can't believe that a country that can't produce decent tapwater calls itself the greatest country in the world. The US is maybe good at starting wars. But they are amateurs at many many many other simple things.
    You can drink tap water in most of Europe, including a lot of formerly Soviet occupied countries that are still rebuilding. I've been all over the place and the only time I can remember where you couldn't drink tap water was in Sankt-Peterburg in the 90s where it was visibly brown and even the tea tasted funny. Probably because they took it from the Ankh-Morporkian river flowing through the city and didn't really put in much effort to filter it.

On another thought, perhaps flowing is a bit too strong of a word. Ambling? Crawling? Oozing?
    Last edited by Starker; 9th Mar 2020 at 15:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Which is funny, considering that most bottled water is drawn from a filtered tap.
    We keep a home filter and skip the bottling step.

Plus it has fluoride in it, which makes people vote in ways I don't find politically convenient.
    Something something precious bodily fluids.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    We keep a home filter and skip the bottling step.
    I've thought about doing that. It's only $30 for a good Brita filter, and they last so many hundreds of gallons before you have to replace them. It's cheaper than bottled water over time.

Something something precious bodily fluids.
    They're harvesting the salts necessary for life to live! Salts!

Quote Originally Posted by Starker
    On another thought, perhaps flowing is a bit too strong of a word. Ambling? Crawling? Oozing?
    Remember when we had that river catch on fire?

I'm starting to see a lot of Hillary media being released. She's got a new Botox job, has new magazine coverage, and Hulu just released a new docu-series called "Hillary"...AND she's saying she has the "urge" to beat Donald Trump.

It's not any public confirmation yet but I am seeing some indications that what I'm being told is correct.

I've thought about doing that. It's only $30 for a good Brita filter, and they last so many hundreds of gallons before you have to replace them. It's cheaper than bottled water over time.
    Brita filters are kinda shit. For a little over $100 you can get a reverse osmosis setup. It's a PITA to install but does a very good job. https://www.thegoodforco.com/blog/ev...ter-isnt-doing

I already hated it to just take a shower. Getting chlorine all over your skin. And you can't take a shower to wash the chlorine of your skin
    That's one annoyance. They put a lot of stuff in the water that doesn't actually need to be there. But ask any New Yorker and it's like asking a Skyrim guard a question: they all immediately recite word for word the exact same schpiel about how NYC has the best tap water in the world (unlikely given the age of the infrastructure).

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    I'm starting to see a lot of Hillary media being released. She's got a new Botox job, has new magazine coverage, and Hulu just released a new docu-series called "Hillary"...AND she's saying she has the "urge" to beat Donald Trump.

It's not any public confirmation yet but I am seeing some indications that what I'm being told is correct.
    Are your informants within The Company keeping you up to date on the latest goings on concerning one Hillary Rodham Clinton?

Listen. It's too late. We're already 1/3rd of the way through the primary. The two remaining candidates have too much momentum behind them for her to ever catch up were she to try. The most she could do is mess things up just enough to ensure a brokered convention, which probably won't go her way, all things considered.

She may be prepping herself for something, but chances are it'll be from the sidelines. Like stumping for Biden, for instance.

Are your informants within The Company keeping you up to date on the latest goings on concerning one Hillary Rodham Clinton?

Listen. It's too late. We're already 1/3rd of the way through the primary. The two remaining candidates have too much momentum behind them for her to ever catch up were she to try. The most she could do is mess things up just enough to ensure a brokered convention, which probably won't go her way, all things considered.

She may be prepping herself for something, but chances are it'll be from the sidelines. Like stumping for Biden, for instance.
    Actually yes. The rumor was that they're planning on forcing a brokered convention and that they'll draft her. Doing so keeps her out of the primary race and means she won't have to deal with attacks from other candidates or Republicans bringing her problems to light.

Personally I think the brokered convention will go whatever way the party bosses want. As a party organization the DNC is dramatically above the GOP's competency and the difference is stunning. The GOP failed to mount any effective response to their insurgent candidate. By contrast the DNC was able to get their major candidates to immediately, and in unison, drop out at and focus their campaigning in exactly the right way needed to defeat their insurgent.

Still the whole thing illustrates this bizarre schism where the Democrats very clearly view leftists as useful idiots. They absolutely love having them around because they give moral license to policies that screw over working class voters (like mass immigration and benefit policies that effectively subsidize low wages) but they don't want them running the show or getting too uppity.

And again here goes the conspiratorial thinking. Several candidates dropping out at the last minute might have more to do with them dragging it out until the last minute, rather than it being coordinated by "The Establishment". Not like any of their campaigns was going anywhere. And if they really were in the pocket of the DNC, why were they allowed to mount a challenge to Biden and cost him delegates in the first place? Besides, if the DNC was really so powerful and had their shit together, they would already have had Obama endorse Biden rather than letting him sit on the sidelines.

To quote the classics, Biden's not a member of any organised political party -- he's a Democrat.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    Actually yes. The rumor was that they're planning on forcing a brokered convention and that they'll draft her. Doing so keeps her out of the primary race and means she won't have to deal with attacks from other candidates or Republicans bringing her problems to light.
    Are you kidding me? It'd save her from having to debate the Democrats during the primaries, sure, but the Republicans would be all over her like a hobo on a ham sandwich during the general election if she won the nomination like that. The optics on it would look terrible all around, and no one would let her live it down. It'd split the Democrat base, and turn off the independents, all but assure a Trump victory.

In short, it'd be a repeat of the 2016 primaries, with even more skeevy controversy thrown into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    And again here goes the conspiratorial thinking. Candidates dropping out at the last minute might have more to do with them dragging it out until the last minute, rather than being bought by "The Establishment".
    Exactly. For all the candidates who dropped out, the writing was pretty much on the wall for them. Warren was the closest competitor to Biden and Sanders, and she only managed to score 1/5th of the delegates they had garnered thus far. Sticking around would've done nothing but waste campaign funds by that point.

It wouldn't surprise me if a couple of the also-rans were promised cabinet positions if they dropped out sooner rather than later to make room for the obvious leads, but that's hardly conspiratorial.
    Last edited by Renzatic; 10th Mar 2020 at 01:33.

LittleFlower
    Watch out, watch out, the Russians are coming !
    Watch out, watch out, the Russians are coming !
    Watch out, watch out, the Terrorists are coming !
    Watch out, watch out, the immigrants from Latin Americ are coming !
    Watch out, watch out, antifa is coming !
    Watch out, watch out, Hillary is coming !!

Republicans need to have their voters in a constant state of fear. So those voters are too scared to vote anything but Republican. The US has ran out of foreign boogey-men. What to do ? "Watch out, watch out, Hillary is coming". It's pathetic.

But it works. Tony is a prime example of a right-wing voter who is scared of everything and everyone. He can't think straight. He sees danger everywhere. He sees enemies everywhere. He sees an upcoming civil war. He sees conspiracies everywhere. He can see the "deep state" (which normal people can't see). His alertness is always up, every hour of the day ready to shoot his neighbor or his kid by mistake. Full of adrenaline. All the blood drawn from his brain to his muscles. Ready to not think, but only act. The perfect Republican voter.

Hillary is coming !
    Hide you wife.
    Hide your kids.
    And hide your husband cuz Hillary's rapin everybody out here !
    Last edited by Gryzemuis; 10th Mar 2020 at 10:40.

Moderator and Priest

I was just poking fun at you yanks.
    I've spent about 18 months of my life in the US. (In the nineties).
    I know you can't drink the tapwater.
    I already hated it to just take a shower. Getting chlorine all over your skin. And you can't take a shower to wash the chlorine of your skin.

This is sarcasm, I hope? Sometimes you post the weirdest shit about the US.
    Chlorination is the #1 method of disinfecting tap water worldwide.
    And I've never been any place in the US where I didn't drink the tap water (OK, so I've never visited Flint).
    The only place I've visited where I didn't feel comfortable drinking the tap water was at a dingy hotel in China, back in 2003 or 2004. Even there and then it was probably OK.

LittleFlower
    Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    This is sarcasm, I hope? Sometimes you post the weirdest shit about the US.
    Chlorination is the #1 method of disinfecting tap water worldwide.
    No. Well, kinda, just trying to troll a bit by mentioning something where the US is inferior versus other first world countries.

And I've never been any place in the US where I didn't drink the tap water (OK, so I've never visited Flint).
    I didn't want to imply that drinking tapwater in the US could make you ill.
    It just tastes so bad that nobody drinks tapwater.
    Last edited by Gryzemuis; 10th Mar 2020 at 19:33.

Just a small selection of Lord Dampnut's best words:

From Greenwald:

[IMG][/IMG]

Unless there's a major surprise coming, it's over. We're just waiting for the fat lady now.

It's no secret that most of the party's elected leaders, major donors, power brokers, and other key influencers are scared of a Sanders Presidency. They could lose control of the party they have been dominating for the last 30 years.

But I think Bernie was given a fair shot this time. My only real complaint is with Bloomberg jumping in late and throwing a $500M monkey wrench into Super Tuesday.

The economy is good and economic populism is just not selling with mainstream Democratic voters. Bernie needed high turnout from the demographic groups who support him, and he didn't get it. Biden's strongest demographic group is retirees, and they reliably show up to vote.

(Meme removed)
    (Meme removed)

Goodbye Bernie, Hello Joe!

Moderator and Priest
    Isn't that the video the Trump campaign posted on Facebook that was listed as partially false because of the way it's edited?

What a sad, sad state of affairs.

Page 529 of 540 FirstFirst ... 29279429479484489494499504509514519524525526527528529530531532533534539 ... LastLast