TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 18.84%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

46 33.33%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

49 35.51%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.90%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.42%
Page 534 of 534 FirstFirst ... 34284434484489494499504509514519524529530531532533534
Results 13,326 to 13,347 of 13347

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

Speaking of Obama, you can compare with the last pandemic under his watch here:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-timeline.html

In other news, which has gone completely unreported by the media, Joe Biden is accused of that one thing that we were all told should end a Presidential run. Grabbing a woman by the pussy - against her will. And then telling her she is nothing, to him.

Former Biden staffer Tara Reade states: “And then his hands were on me and underneath my clothes. And yeah, and then he went — he went down my skirt but then up inside it, and he penetrated me with his fingers.”

Reade has been told by her wanting to talk about the alleged assault is doing the work of Vladimir Putin.

In these financial circumstances you'd have to think the odds are slim for Trump, but Hunter Biden's dad is such a soft target that he could only win out of sympathy.

Moderator and Priest
    These are our chosen leaders. We deserve what we get.

Biden doesn't exactly hide his wandering hands over women.
    I was in favor of Warren for independent reasons, but this is an issue women candidates are predominantly free from, so just one more reason it'd be better to have one.

If you're asking for a difference though, in Biden's case, if you were doing this by the book, unless she has further evidence it's a he said/she said situation (I'm assuming he'd deny it), and you'd count that as likely as unlikely (50%), and she couldn't meet a "more likely than not" burden of proof in a civil case. (It's a serious allegation that deserves to be followed up on though. And if some evidence started popping up, like many other instances and corroborating evidence that's survived, like it did for Kavenaugh, then it should be a real factor in people's vote.) Whereas in Trump's case it was a self-admission (boast) of guilt, so 100% likely. We don't know a specific women's name (lots have come forward), but we know it's been more than one and probably many (he used "they").

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    It's gonna be all Obama's fault by the time all this is said and done.
    Well, you're wrong! He blames all the previous presidents, not just Obama:

https://twitter.com/richardhine/stat...79768912056322

Trump today: “I’m not just blaming President Obama... in all fairness to all the former Presidents, none of them ever thought a thing like this could happen.”

Fact check: 30 members of transition team were briefed by Obama officials on almost this exact scenario.

"This is the best country in the world to get Coronavirus":

Moderator and Priest
    In a move that surprises no one, Trump says he won’t comply with key transparency measures in the coronavirus stimulus bill.

He's gonna spend a ton of cash on his own properties.

Yeah, what a big surprise considering he was just impeached for abuse of power. He really did learn the lesson the Republicans taught him, huh.
    Last edited by Starker; 28th Mar 2020 at 18:44.

Moderator and Priest
    It's not like we'll have any paper proof if he ends up granting himself a couple billion to secure his business. It'll all just be hearsay, and we can dismiss that.

He learned his lesson. You're just full of hate.

Can we pre-emptively arrest Mnuchin in his stead?

Make it clear that even if the president is above the law, his officers won't be until he pardons them?

The next president of the US:

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Can we pre-emptively arrest Mnuchin in his stead?
    No, but we can say hello to Joe!

Exactly!...

Yes, Lord Dampnut's plan to open up the country is probably going to make it worse no matter what. I don't see what's so controversial about the statement.

Edit: Oh, I see what you're doing. You're pretending that this was one single sentence and that he said something nonsensical.

In related news, Fox News, of all channels, is apparently very worried about the US president's mental health:

"Nobody could have seen it coming":

https://news.yahoo.com/senator-says-...003319950.html

WASHINGTON — Sen. Chris Murphy, a Connecticut Democrat, says that Trump administration officials declined an offer of early congressional funding assistance that he and other senators made on Feb. 5 during a meeting to discuss the coronavirus.

The officials, including Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar, said they “didn’t need emergency funding, that they would be able to handle it within existing appropriations,” Murphy recalled in an interview with Yahoo News’ “Skullduggery” podcast.

“What an awful, horrible catastrophic mistake that was,” Murphy said.

On Feb. 5, Murphy tweeted: “Just left the Administration briefing on Coronavirus. Bottom line: they aren't taking this seriously enough. Notably, no request for ANY emergency funding, which is a big mistake. Local health systems need supplies, training, screening staff etc. And they need it now.”

Murphy told Yahoo News that the funding he and other congressional leaders wanted to allocate nearly two months ago would have paid for essential preventative measures, including hiring local screening and testing staff, researching a vaccine and treatments and the stockpiling of needed medical supplies.

[...]

“Had we appropriated money in February to start buying re-agent, we would be in a position to do many more tests today than we are,” Murphy said. ”It was just so clear to us that the administration didn't think this was going to be a problem. We begged them in that meeting to request emergency funding from the Congress and they told us ... that they had everything that they needed on hand, which was false.”

[...]

Murphy also criticized the White House’s decision not to take coronavirus test kits offered by the World Health Organization in January, which he said was an especially devastating mistake because that test was ready to go and easily replicable. Murphy said he believes that, as a result of the administration’s testing decisions, only about 20 percent to 30 percent of people who should be tested are able to do so.

“We didn't appropriate the dollars necessary to build out the testing infrastructure,” Murphy said.

The administration’s laissez-faire approach has also contributed to the country’s soaring infection rate, Murphy said, because Trump had resisted calls to invoke the Defense Production Act. The Defense Production Act, or DPA, allows the president to compel private companies to manufacture products deemed necessary for national security.

Trump announced Friday that he was finally invoking the DPA to force General Motors to produce badly needed ventilators. But Murphy said the president had dragged his feet in using the DPA because some of his allies pressured him against invoking it.

“The president is getting push back from right-wing ideologues, from those who believe that the private sector can fix any and all problems that confront the nation,” Murphy said.
    [...]

Moderator and Priest

That tail, though. You really want the tail to come down before you go off quarantine, lest you get another spike.

Moderator and Priest
    That's the downside to flattening the curve: things linger.

Hrm. A curve that's merely flattened means the health care system doesn't get overextended, but it still leads to millions of deaths.

Moderator and Priest
    It keeps the overall case load down as well. Less people going out and about means less people getting sick. The less sick people you have, the less the hospitals have to handle. You'll still have people contracting the disease and dying, but in smaller amounts stretched out over a longer period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Hrm. A curve that's merely flattened means the health care system doesn't get overextended, but it still leads to millions of deaths.
    I'm sure it doesn't need to be said, but you get a lot more deaths if COVID patients are dying for lack of ventilators and heart attack/stroke/gunshot/etc patients are dying for lack of hospital beds and doctors.

I don't think we can stop it entirely. At best we flatten the curve as much as possible before a vaccine becomes available.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...20677660925952

Just spoke to my friend MBS (Crown Prince) of Saudi Arabia, who spoke with President Putin of Russia, & I expect & hope that they will be cutting back approximately 10 Million Barrels, and maybe substantially more which, if it happens, will be GREAT for the oil & gas industry!
    Yay for the oil and gas industry, I guess?

Page 534 of 534 FirstFirst ... 34284434484489494499504509514519524529530531532533534