TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

28 18.92%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

53 35.81%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

50 33.78%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.70%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 8.78%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

One gets the impression that, as the Covid pandemic unfolded, Trump & Associates got straight to work on contingency plans, not to mitigate public risk but to suck as much money out of the tragedy as they could.

Quod licet Iovi...

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1247658663617138691

President Trump: "I think mail-in voting is horrible, it's corrupt."

Reporter: "You voted by mail in Florida's election last month, didn't you?"

Trump: "Sure. I can vote by mail"

Reporter: "How do you reconcile with that?"

Trump: "Because I'm allowed to."

L'état, c'est moi:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...288_story.html

President Trump has removed the chairman of the federal panel Congress created to oversee his administration’s management of the $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus package — the latest action by the president to undermine the system of independent oversight of the executive established after Watergate.

In just the past four days, Trump has ousted two inspectors general and expressed displeasure with a third, a pattern that critics say is a direct assault on one of the pillars of good governance.

Glenn Fine, who had been the acting Pentagon inspector general, was informed Monday that he was being replaced at the Defense Department by Sean W. O’Donnell, currently the inspector general at the Environmental Protection Agency. O’Donnell will simultaneously be inspector general at the EPA and acting IG at the Pentagon until a permanent replacement is confirmed for the Defense Department.

Late last month, Fine was selected by the head of a council of inspectors general to lead the Pandemic Response Accountability Committee, created by the March 27 law.

On Friday, the president notified Congress that he was removing Michael Atkinson as the inspector general of the intelligence community — a decision that Trump acknowledged was in response to Atkinson’s having alerted lawmakers to the existence of a whistleblower complaint about the president’s dealings with Ukraine. The matter ultimately led to Trump’s impeachment in the House before his acquittal in the Senate.

Trump has also refused dozens of congressional subpoenas and asserted to the courts that they lack jurisdiction to oversee his responses to Congress.

“We wanted inspectors general because of an out-of-control president named Richard Nixon, and this president is trying to destroy them,” said Danielle Brian, executive director of the Project on Government Oversight. “What’s happened this week has been a total full-on assault on the IG system.”

Fine is a career official who has served Republican and Democratic presidents. He had been acting Pentagon inspector general for more than four years, and before that was inspector general at the Justice Department for 11 years. Fine and his staff were caught by surprise when informed of the decision Monday and were given no explanation for the move, according to federal officials.

Trump cast his decision to remove Fine as merely cleaning house of Obama-era holdover appointments, saying those officials could be biased.

“We have a lot of IGs in from the Obama era,” he said Tuesday. “And as you know, it’s a presidential decision. And I left them, largely. I mean, changed some, but I left them. . . . But when we have, you know, reports of bias and when we have different things coming in. I don’t know Fine. I don’t think I ever met Fine.”

[...]

Trump also has on his radar the inspector general of the Department of Health and Human Services, whose office Monday released a survey of more than 300 hospitals across the country finding that the top complaint was a “severe” and “widespread” shortage of testing supplies and protective gear.

That finding contrasted with Trump’s rosier assessment that the country had carried out more covid-19 testing than any other in the world — nearly 1.8 million tests to date. Trump seemed perturbed by reporters’ questions asking him to square his remarks with the survey conducted by the HHS watchdog.

“So give me the name of the inspector general,” he said. “Could politics be entered into that?”

Christi A. Grimm, the agency’s principal deputy inspector general since January, began working for the inspector general’s office at HHS in 1999 and, like Fine, has served under both Republican and Democratic presidents.

On Tuesday morning, Trump tweeted disparagingly about Grimm, selectively highlighting her service during the Obama administration.

“Why didn’t the I.G., who spent 8 years with the Obama Administration (Did she Report on the failed H1N1 Swine Flu debacle where 17,000 people died?), want to talk to the Admirals, Generals, V.P. & others in charge, before doing her report,” he tweeted. “Another Fake Dossier!”
    [...]

Moderator and Priest
    And more on Wisconsin.

Looks like the newest White House press secretary has at least the denying reality part down pat:

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/new...rus-come-here/

Newly named White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany recently insisted that President Donald Trump would stop the coronavirus before it impacted Americans.

McEnany made the remarks in late February to Fox Business host Trish Regan, who was fired for calling the virus a “hoax.”

“This president will always put America first, he will always protect American citizens,” McEnany insisted at the time. “We will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here, we will not see terrorism come here.”

“And isn’t that refreshing when contrasting it with the awful presidency of President Obama?” she added.

In the time since McEnany made the statement, over 360,000 Americans have tested positive for COVID-19.

LittleFlower
    Sanders out. Biden is the candidate for the Democratic Party.

Normally I would say: "Congratulations Donnie". Because no way in hell is Biden gonna beat Trump in a regular election. But this one is different of course. I would expect the country (USA) to stand behind their President, no matter what. That's what patriots do (no matter how dumb). It was the main reason GW Bush won his second election.

But the corona-virus also gives Trump huge opportunities. Huge opportunities to fuck up. To fuck up bigly. To fuck up so bigly, nobody has ever seen before. I have no doubt Trump is gonna let many people die. He's gonna blame it on everybody else ("I take no responsibility"). He's gonna enrich himself. He's gonna enrich his buddies. Maybe the governors and local politicians can control the damage a bit. But the Republican states are gonna be a clusterfuck. And it's gonna explode before November. So really, I don't know what will happen in November. Maybe Biden wins.

My best scenario: Biden appoints a (relatively) young, fresh, competent, unknown Democrat as his running mate. Biden wins in November. Get inaugurated in January. Then catches covid-19 in Februari. He is hit so hard (lung damage, etc), that he gives up his presidency in March. (He doesn't need to die, I got some compassion). The young, fresh, competent vice-president becomes president. USA is saved.
    One can hope.

That is so sad. It's the battle of the groping, morally compromised, mentally unfit old farts. The race to the bottom. While Biden is the least vile choice he is not much of an improvement on Trump, assuming he can beat Trump given the gerrymandering and assuming there will even be any more elections after Donnie declares Martial Law and installs his Dynasty.

I'd have thought Biden would have this in the bag after Trump's continuous screwups re: coronavirus, but with Trump's approval ratings inexplicably high, I don't know anymore.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    That is so sad. It's the battle of the groping, morally compromised, mentally unfit old farts. The race to the bottom. While Biden is the least vile choice he is not much of an improvement on Trump, assuming he can beat Trump given the gerrymandering and assuming there will even be any more elections after Donnie declares Martial Law and installs his Dynasty.
    Gerrymandering is only a concern for the House of Representatives. For the Senate and Presidency, it's all full state vote.

As for Trump's approval ratings, yeah, it's higher, but if this is his rally around the flag, it's pretty pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzemuis View Post
    Sanders out. Biden is the candidate for the Democratic Party.

Normally I would say: "Congratulations Donnie". Because no way in hell is Biden gonna beat Trump in a regular election. But this one is different of course. I would expect the country (USA) to stand behind their President, no matter what. That's what patriots do (no matter how dumb). It was the main reason GW Bush won his second election.

But the corona-virus also gives Trump huge opportunities. Huge opportunities to fuck up. To fuck up bigly. To fuck up so bigly, nobody has ever seen before. I have no doubt Trump is gonna let many people die. He's gonna blame it on everybody else ("I take no responsibility"). He's gonna enrich himself. He's gonna enrich his buddies. Maybe the governors and local politicians can control the damage a bit. But the Republican states are gonna be a clusterfuck. And it's gonna explode before November. So really, I don't know what will happen in November. Maybe Biden wins.

My best scenario: Biden appoints a (relatively) young, fresh, competent, unknown Democrat as his running mate. Biden wins in November. Get inaugurated in January. Then catches covid-19 in Februari. He is hit so hard (lung damage, etc), that he gives up his presidency in March. (He doesn't need to die, I got some compassion). The young, fresh, competent vice-president becomes president. USA is saved.
    One can hope.
    I knew there was no way in hell Sanders would ever be nominated. I didn't expect him to willingly quit this early.

I'd have thought Biden would have this in the bag after Trump's continuous screwups re: coronavirus, but with Trump's approval ratings inexplicably high, I don't know anymore.
    The theory someone gave me is because there's a lot of people stuck at home, watching the press conferences live for the first time, who haven't actually seen him speak in real time before and have just seen sound clips.

Current economic-based models (that correctly predicted a Trump win 2016) are forecasting a narrow Trump victory.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...20677660925952

Just spoke to my friend MBS (Crown Prince) of Saudi Arabia, who spoke with President Putin of Russia, & I expect & hope that they will be cutting back approximately 10 Million Barrels, and maybe substantially more which, if it happens, will be GREAT for the oil & gas industry!
    MBS is one scuzzy dude. Incidentally he's a second degree connection of mine as I've got a friend in NJ who the last time I met him whipped out his phone had selfies of himself partying with MBS. I didn't get the impression he trusts MBS in the slightest and just needs the business relationship.

We do both agree that the "journalist" they killed was almost certainly a spy and that there are some obviously shady circumstances surrounding how MBS came to power.

Well gerrymandering and all the other methods of voter suppression and fraud that the GOP freely practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    We do both agree that the "journalist" they killed was almost certainly a spy... and that there are some obviously shady circumstances surrounding how MBS came to power.
    1 - ""fuck off""

2 - Shady? Well fucking derpity derp! You and your tyrant sucking friends figured that out all by yourselves? Good spotting, Tony.

BANNED
    (Meme removed)
    (Meme removed)
    (Meme removed)

Moderator and Priest
    Didn't you vote for him in the 2016 primary?

BANNED
    HE was my candidate even against trump up until the minute he decided to suck a penis and endorse Hillary. keep in my my ONLY reason for supporting him at the time was that I thought he could get us out of the stupid endless wars we are in

Moderator and Priest
    Plus, he was pretty lax on gun regulation, though that's changed somewhat over the last 4 years.

It's a damn crying shame we can't have a perfect candidate, huh?

Another ad by Project Lincoln:

President Best Brain shares his insights about the Coronavirus:

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/wat...irus-briefing/

“They develop drugs, like the antibiotics, you see it — antibiotics used to solve every problem. Now, one of the biggest problems the world has is the germ has gotten so brilliant that the antibiotic can’t keep up with it, and they’re constantly trying to come up with a new. People go to a hospital and they catch — they go for a heart operation, that’s no problem, and they end up dying from, from problems. You know the problems I’m talking about. There’s a whole genius to it. We’re fighting — not only is it hidden, but it’s very smart. It’s invisible and it’s hidden, but it’s very smart.”

And in the other corner, amid our worst health care crisis, we finally see bold new proposals from Joe Biden:
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...lity-age-to-60

Moderator and Priest
    Nice one, Biden. Suggest doing just enough so you can say you're doing something, while not actually doing anything at all.

Well, glad to see him starting to address the concerns of younger people outside of his base.

Seriously, though, this move seems more like he wants to signal to Bernie's followers that he's willing to move at least a bit away from the center (or what counts for it in the US), as he explicitly credited Bernie and his supporters for these ideas. And he also proposed a further expansion on his student debt forgiveness idea, which is from the camp of progressives as well.

https://medium.com/@JoeBiden/joe-bid...e-e3e121037322

Senator Sanders and his supporters can take pride in their work in laying the groundwork for these ideas, and I’m proud to adopt them as part of my campaign at this critical moment in responding to the coronavirus crisis.

Orange man bad. https://youtu.be/PBQGRsF9MXw

��

“It’s like a James Joyce novel written in crayon”

Pie is priceless.

Moderator and Priest

Well, Trump has finally done it. He's finally come right out and announced to the world that his ' “authority is total”'. This while informing us all that HE will be the one to decide when our country re-opens for business. Ummmm ... yeah, no; like Stephen Colbert said,

'“Sorry, Chester. Reopening the country is not up to you, because you did not have the balls to shut the country down in the first place. You were the one who said you were just a cheerleader. You put yourself on the sidelines. Cheerleaders don’t get a Super Bowl trophy. In fact, they barely get paid. They’re just supposed to look good and spell words right, and you can’t do either!”'

I guess it's really getting to Trump that six of his highest-profiting resorts were shut down in various states because they were deemed 'non-essential businesses', which would explain his burning drive to ignore the experts on COVID-19 and start demanding that businesses re-open and everybody go back to work, even though (according to experts) the virus hasn't even peaked in our country yet. Meanwhile, governors across the country are teaming up 'to coordinate reopening schools and businesses after the coronavirus outbreak subsides, setting up a potential clash with the president, who says that he alone has that authority.'

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cuomo...164727122.html

Colbert nailed it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DVIZb_dxgVY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/steph...082435991.html

Page 535 of 564 FirstFirst ... 35285435485490495500505510515520525530531532533534535536537538539540545550555560 ... LastLast