TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 18.18%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

50 34.97%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

50 34.97%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.80%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.09%
Page 54 of 554 FirstFirst ... 491419242934394449505152535455565758596469747984899499104154304 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 13829

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

Quote Originally Posted by nbohr1more View Post
    Vince Foster Part 03 of 04 Pg. 135
    "...an individual involved in this, identified as Vince Foster, who had reportedly committed suicide was not,
    in fact, a suicide but a murder victim. He indicated that there was a van involved,
    no color given, with the first three numbers of the tag being '227'".
    Stupid and irrelevant.

The real question is whether you think you will do better playing dominos on cheese or on pasta?

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Bite their hand how? By giving them tax breaks?
    I've already explained this numerous times. If you think a flat, simple, 15% tax rate is a "tax break" you are ragingly ignorant about how finance and accounting actually work.

Go onto Yahoo Finance. Pick out a half dozen of your favorite fortune 500 companies, then go over to view the financial statements and look at the disclosure called "income statement" or "statement of comprehensive income". I am willing to bet that the tax rate they actually pay is hell of a lot lower than 35%.

In fact the average effective tax rate is closer to 12%: http://www.americansfortaxfairness.o...ate-tax-rates/

The simple reality is that the headline grabbing tax rate means all of jack shit. Raising it won't be somehow "sticking it to" corporations when they already don't pay that rate.

What IS reality is that if you simplify the tax code so that companies 15% on their pre-tax income with no exemptions, then many companies will see an INCREASE in their effective tax rate.

I've spent some time today hanging around waiting for people and my thoughts keep going to the unthinkable: Trump wins. I understand why people might want someone who'll kick ass and be all gung-ho and stuff but I'm wondering what you guys envisage actually happening in the event he becomes president. Would it be the disaster for the US that some people imagine?

I fear it would be a disaster for the rest of the world, but for the US itself? Regardless of his persona, would he do anything worthwhile? Create the jobs he's promised, etc?

Edit. I've just noticed it's Medlar's birthday. Not sure whether to wish you a Happy Birthday or not.
    Doubt it. The same reason that I don't think Trump will actually do any of that is the reason that I don't buy into any of Hillary's bullshit about being a crusader for the little guy.

I don't believe anything a politician says that is intended for the consumption of the general public, during a campaign

With that in mind I put a lot more weight on Trump's political opinions that he expressed prior to any plans to run for public office. If you judge the candidate that way neither is particularly ideological. Hillary is thoroughly pro-globalist and pro-corporate while Trump appears to be a moderate, protectionist,military isolationist.

Probably the biggest things that I would expect Trump to actually move on? I'd expect to see much less US military presence abroad, attempts to force China and India to do away with their protectionist policies, and a major shakeup of Washington's exiting "business relationships" because Trump simply doesn't have the same relationship with lobbyist donations to the RNC the way any other candidates have so he will very likely punish companies financially that he views as having treated him unfairly....so I'd expect him to veto funding allocations that financially benefit them.
    Last edited by Tony_Tarantula; 4th Nov 2016 at 10:56.

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    The notion of Trump failing in any way to kowtow to himself (i.e. "the rich") is kind of hilarious. Like, have you ever heard him speak?
    Many Trump supporters think that because he already rich, that he doesn't need to kowtow to wealth. These people clearly operate on another plane of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    Many Trump supporters think that because he already rich, that he doesn't need to kowtow to wealth. These people clearly operate on another plane of reality.
    Which is clearly not the same plan of reality where a politician can make hundreds of millions of dollars from wealthy donors with no expectations in return, have close relationships and take hundreds of grands for personal meetings with the executives of Goldman Sachs, and privately supports fracking and oppression of working class unions yet isn't effected by all of that and will make the wealthy pay their fair share.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    I'm wondering what you guys envisage actually happening in the event he becomes president. Would it be the disaster for the US that some people imagine?
    First, he can't be elected president. But if he could? I'm guessing the world would end just like it did with Brexit. The economy would collapse, all-out war would ensue, the gates of hell would open, followed by a nuclear holocaust, famine, death, etc. It would be June of 2016 all over again...

I fear it would be a disaster for the rest of the world, but for the US itself? Regardless of his persona, would he do anything worthwhile? Create the jobs he's promised, etc?
    You clearly do not know the rest of the world. The rest of the world would rather not have a US president that has known ties to terrorism and who is ready to start a third world war with Russia. The rest of the world also hates the US and would love nothing more than to watch it crumble to dust. So yeah, I'm pretty sure the rest of the world is rooting for Trump.

We really really aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    reality where a politician can make hundreds of millions of dollars from wealthy donors with no expectations in return
    What cracks me up is that among politicians, the presidency is the only job in the world where you spend all these millions of dollars to apply for a job that pays a couple hundred thousand. With so many people struggling just to pay their bills. The hard working tax paying American must deal with this ackowledgement in his/her own way. And we do. Some are unaware/dont care. Some are consistently outraged at this system. If you arent an American in poverty, or wealthy, these elections do very little in the short term to shake anyone up. The middle class must be the ones to revolt. I vote independent, which surpisingly has drawn criticism here! lol

We really really aren't.
    That's because you're not part of the rest of the world, you're part of the same transnational globalist utopia as Clinton. You have no country, no identity and no soul. Of course you are rooting for Satan.

You do talk a load of bollocks, manwe

verbose douchebag
    Which is clearly not the same plan of reality where a politician can make hundreds of millions of dollars from wealthy donors with no expectations in return, have close relationships and take hundreds of grands for personal meetings with the executives of Goldman Sachs, and privately supports fracking and oppression of working class unions yet isn't effected by all of that and will make the wealthy pay their fair share.
    What does that have to do with the thread of the conversation I was having? It's a little childish to do the whole "OOh, someone said something negative about my guy, so I have to say something negative about the other guy too!" thing.

No one is saying Hilary won't kowtow to business, so try again with the reading comprehension.

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by Manwe View Post
    That's because you're not part of the rest of the world, you're part of the same transnational globalist utopia as Clinton. You have no country, no identity and no soul. Of course you are rooting for Satan.
    Adorable.

Are you sure you are quite ... stable?

I've already explained this numerous times. If you think a flat, simple, 15% tax rate is a "tax break" you are ragingly ignorant about how finance and accounting actually work.

Go onto Yahoo Finance. Pick out a half dozen of your favorite fortune 500 companies, then go over to view the financial statements and look at the disclosure called "income statement" or "statement of comprehensive income". I am willing to bet that the tax rate they actually pay is hell of a lot lower than 35%.

In fact the average effective tax rate is closer to 12%: http://www.americansfortaxfairness.o...ate-tax-rates/
    Oh, so you're an expert on finance and accounting as well? Is there anything that you're not an expert of? Might want to work on reading comprehension and/or arithmetics some more, though:

Our average effective tax rate is 27.1% compared with 27.7% for the other 30 OECD countries, according to CRS.
    ...from the same source that you cited.

Haha I was taking the piss when I mentioned Satan but then I found this bit of info. Turns out this woman, Marina Abramovic, is quite litterally a satanist. Hahaha, you just can't make that shit up.

And it turns out Bill Clinton is a huge pedophile as well (ok ephebophile for all you pedants out there, I'm sure that makes it ok) and has flown on board Jeffrey Epstein's Lolita Express 26 times (I'm sure he was just having tea in there). As for Hillary herself, the link between her and Daesh is pretty much established. I mean she's in the pocket of the Saouds and they're the biggest contributors to Daesh, so yeah... Still better than Trump though. Poor thing, she probably didn't know what she was doing. Probably all just a smear campaign by the Russians.

And it turns out Bill Clinton is a huge pedophile and has flown on board Jeffrey Epstein's Lolita Express 26 times (I'm sure he was just having tea in there).
    Im lovin it.

I hope they both fry!!!

Moderator and Priest
    Haha I was taking the piss when I mentioned Satan but then I found this bit of info. Turns out this woman, Marina Abramovic, is quite litterally a satanist. Hahaha, you just can't make that shit up.
    Apparently you can make that shit up.

And it turns out Bill Clinton is a huge pedophile as well (ok ephebophile for all you pedants out there, I'm sure that makes it ok) and has flown on board Jeffrey Epstein's Lolita Express 26 times (I'm sure he was just having tea in there).
    You do know that both Bill Clinton and Donald Trump hung out with Jeffrey Epstein, right? That accusation remains the only thing Trump hasn't thrown at Hillary this election season, since it could very easily be turned on him.

Turns out this woman, Marina Abramovic, is quite litterally a satanist.

Moderator and Priest
    Credit where it's due, that's a pretty good photoshop effort.

...that is a photoshopped pic, right? O_0

Let's hope so...

Heh... the conspiracy theories just keep getting kookier and kookier.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Credit where it's due, that's a pretty good photoshop effort.

...that is a photoshopped pic, right? O_0
    The original photo is from the Ukrainian edition of Vogue magazine:

Last edited by Starker; 5th Nov 2016 at 18:59.

Thanks Starker...What a relief......Renz and I were getting very worried that was a real photo of Hillary.

I just like to get to the source of things, that's all. The things people believe that can be disproved with just a simple google search is mind-boggling. And I'm not referring to the photoshop, I'm talking about the "Oh god, a performance artist uses occult imagery. Must be a satanist like all those heavy metal listeners, D&D nerds and Doom players!" idiocy.

Moderator and Priest
    ALL WILL LAY PROSTRATE AFORE THE HOARY HOST OF HELL!

Hillary 2016!

Also, foreign editions of Vogue are weird.

Uh that link pretty much confirms that there is indeed a crazy lady that organizes weird dinners and that she did indeed send an invitation to Tony Podesta, brother of John Podesta, to one of these weird dinners. It also states that this Tony guy did in fact attend the dinner which was a very intimate affair with only ten people, and desperately tries to minimize the Satanic aspect of the whole thing. "Yeah, I paint walls with a mixture of blood, sperm and breast milk (which I also drink), and I cut myself open and drink the blood that comes out, but yeah, definitely nothing to do with the occult. It's just for the lulz you see". Performance artist my ass.

I just like to get to the source of things, that's all.
    What about the bit about Daesh, why don't you get to the source of that? I'd be curious to know the results.

ALL WILL LAY PROSTRATE AFORE THE HOARY HOST OF HELL!

Hillary 2016!

Also, foreign editions of Vogue are weird.
    Meh, art can be pretty weird. But it's even weirder when conspiracy nuts freak out about it all of a sudden.

Page 54 of 554 FirstFirst ... 491419242934394449505152535455565758596469747984899499104154304 ... LastLast