TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 18.06%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

51 35.42%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

50 34.72%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.78%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.03%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

What is happening in Minneapolis is 100% Trump's fault. He has glorified violence, pushed police worship, dog-whistled white supremacists, and done everything possible to fester hatred against non-white people.

Furthermore every single white person in here needs to do some hard self reflection and think about how your own tolerance of whiteness has helped contribute to this. If you weren't out protesting and making your voice heard prior to this you're part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    What is happening in Minneapolis is 100% Trump's fault. He has glorified violence, pushed police worship, dog-whistled white supremacists, and done everything possible to fester hatred against non-white people.

Furthermore every single white person in here needs to do some hard self reflection and think about how your own tolerance of whiteness has helped contribute to this. If you weren't out protesting and making your voice heard prior to this you're part of the problem.
    Just checking....there is still no one on this board falling for this, right?

Chakat sex pillow
    No one that has a brain, at least.

Still Subjective
    I have him on ignore.

Please, there is no need to quote him directly after his post and thus expose others to his bs.

BANNED
    glad you guys can basically admit trump is not at fault for the current shit show

Moderator and Priest
    I'd say it's not, but since there's always a tweet...

Trump did blame Ferguson on weak leadership in Washington back in 2014, so if those riots were Obama's fault, then this current set is Trump's. What's good for the goose is good for the gander and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by uncadonego View Post
    Just checking....there is still no one on this board falling for this, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    No one that has a brain, at least.
    I guess he figures everyone's forgotten about that time he talked about going on a left-leaning Facebook group, posting hard-left sentiment, and concluding when nobody called him out on it that they're all dangerous lunatics.

I'm sure he's concluded that we're all a bunch of insulated lefties for not engaging with transparently insincere bait.

To nobody's surprise, there's photographic proof that right wing Agitators from the Unite the Right rally were involved in the attack on CNN:

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/sta...35404822654978

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by catbarf View Post
    I guess he figures everyone's forgotten about that time he talked about going on a left-leaning Facebook group, posting hard-left sentiment, and concluding when nobody called him out on it that they're all dangerous lunatics.

I'm sure he's concluded that we're all a bunch of insulated lefties for not engaging with transparently insincere bait.
    Indeed. He probably thinks our memories are as short as his; but even if they were, this inane trollmanship is nothing but transparent.

Like SubjEff, I have him on ignore, and so it shall be in perpetuum because that's exactly what he deserves.

You know, I don't get why Tony is all THAT bad. Do I agree with his views, no, but he posts his stuff, and you can take it or leave it. Why have him on ignore? And then why tell everybody that you have him on ignore? Like is the stuff he posts so offensive that you cant even bear to see it?
    Or am I just an ignorant middleclass muggins?
    feel free to not answer that last question

Generally, ignore option is there to cut out the useless padding - because you can and it is useless. Not because it is "so offensive that you cant even bear to see it". For some, i guess, Tony's posts are useless padding. Don't know. JK, on the other hand, was really fucking annoying as there were PAGES of his shit padding around. Interlaced by Renz - from afar it looked like Renz was taking his puppies out. Amusing morning routine i guess.

i guess, but I dont read all these huge serious political threads anyway so my opinion doesnt count for much really.

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by PigLick View Post
    You know, I don't get why Tony is all THAT bad. Do I agree with his views, no, but he posts his stuff, and you can take it or leave it. Why have him on ignore? And then why tell everybody that you have him on ignore? Like is the stuff he posts so offensive that you cant even bear to see it?
    Or am I just an ignorant middleclass muggins?
    feel free to not answer that last question
    Like zombe said. Not only is it padding, but the problem with bullshit is that it takes ten times more effort to disprove than to come up with it. I could tell you 'the sky is blue because it's suffering from SAD', and it'd take a long and tortuous explanation of light wavelengths and atmospheric scattering for you to explain to me why that's so much bullshit. It doesn't deserve the attention, and the fact that there's so much of it is annoying.

And Pig, no offense, but you obviously haven't paid very much attention to T_T's incredibly sad attempts at bait and shitslinging (with the poorest aim I have ever borne witness to) and information manipulation over the past decade and a half right back to when he was CCCToad to understand it's an insult to the intelligence of every single member here.
    Last edited by Sulphur; 31st May 2020 at 04:42.

well yeh as my above post says, totally not offended. To me he is just another color in the rich tapestry that is comm chat, probly a light beige.

Oh dear lord, has it really been a decade and a half already? As they say in Russian -- only grave will cure the hunchback.

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by PigLick View Post
    well yeh as my above post says, totally not offended. To me he is just another color in the rich tapestry that is comm chat, probly a light beige.
    I'd go with skidmark brown, really.

There is now a dumpster fire outside of the White House:

https://twitter.com/finnygo/status/1266924009494544384

Why hasn't the military been called in yet? This is so beyond the capability of the police to handle.

With the riots and corona, it is going to take a decade+ for the US to recover from this. All hail our Chinese overlords in the meantime.

Last edited by Starker; 31st May 2020 at 14:07.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Why hasn't the military been called in yet? This is so beyond the capability of the police to handle.

With the riots and corona, it is going to take a decade+ for the US to recover from this. All hail our Chinese overlords in the meantime.
    Since the end of the First Civil War, it has been illegal for the military to be deployed against US citizens on US soil.

And the mess that 45 has made of the civil service, the intelligence community, the diplomatic corps and the rest is going to take generations to repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    Since the end of the First Civil War, it has been illegal for the military to be deployed against US citizens on US soil.
    The National Guard is, for all practical purposes, a military force, and they have legally employed lethal force against US citizens before- Kent State and Hurricane Katrina immediately come to mind.

Exactly. Which is why 45 threatening to use the national army is just more evidence that he is clueless about how the government he heads is structured. It's a Rubicon he'd cross not out of defiance but ignorance. I don't see any rubies, just this stupid creek!

Well that kind of police action is justified considering what the protesters are doing (looting stores, burning whole neighborhood blocks to the ground, attacking police and shop keepers attempting to defend their stores etc). The alternative is letting the protesters have their way and be nothing left by the end of it. I 110% understand why people are angry after what happened, but the majority of those people doing that stuff, aren't doing it because of what the cops did, their doing it just to loot and cause damage for the sake of it.

The vast majority of protesters are not doing any of that stuff. The people standing peacefully on the doorway of their own house weren't doing any of that stuff. The woman run over by the cop on the horse wasn't doing any of that stuff. The journalist who was shot in the face and permanently blinded wasn't doing any of that stuff as well as any of the other journalists who have been deliberately targeted. The medic who was attempting to stop a bleeding who was targeted by the police wasn't doing any of that stuff.

Also, you sure are quick to ascribe motivations, but what excuse does the police have, then? They just want to hurt peaceful people and shove them around for the sake of it?

https://twitter.com/Stonekettle/stat...00802119262216

People felt they were oppressed.

They were treated as second class citizens.

They were imprisoned without trial.

Their property was taken without justification.

They were daily abused and even murdered by law enforcement without appeal or recourse.

So, naturally, they protested this injustice.

They petitioned the government. They sent representatives to plead their case. They appealed to the law, to the public, to the powerful. To God.

Their protests fell on deaf ears.

Those in power ignored their complaints.

So they protested LOUDER.

There was civil unrest, marches, petitions to the government.

Those in power didn't care about justice, the powerful never do. They refused to listen. This went on for years, generations. Arrests, murders, injustice increased.

And so, naturally, the people resorted to violence.

Because it was the only avenue the powerful had left them.

They burned businesses, destroyed property, rioted in the streets, and took up arms.

It could have stopped there.

It could have stopped there.

Those in power could have listened, could have reached an accommodation in good faith, could have respected life and liberty and created a more equitable and fair society.

But, of course, they didn't.

The powerful never do.

And so, finally, it came down violence on a mass scale. Tens of thousands dead. Billions in property lost...

What?

Oh.

Heh heh. I see.

You thought I was talking about Minneapolis?

No, I was talking about the American Revolution.

And funny, that. Isn't it?

Funny how when America's white ancestors rose up in violence against oppression and tyranny, when THEY destroyed millions in property and business, when THEY marched in protest, when THEY took up arms against authority, when THEY demanded justice, WE call them patriots.

Yes, funny indeed.
    Last edited by Starker; 1st Jun 2020 at 00:39.

All of capitalism is inherently racist, built upon the exploitation and slavery of black and brown people. There will always be racism until the very structure upon which it is built is destroyed and replaced. While most people deep down realize this fact, the reality is too confronting and frightening, especially if you are white, more especially if you live comfortably, and even more especially if you are rich, and even more especially if you possess political or economic power of any kind.

"They just want to hurt peaceful people and shove them around for the sake of it?" - more than likely

Page 542 of 559 FirstFirst ... 42292442492497502507512517522527532537538539540541542543544545546547552557 ... LastLast