TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 18.18%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

50 34.97%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

50 34.97%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.80%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.09%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

Democracy:rural USA = Communism:rural Russia

Proper enough.

SubJeff, I think it's more to do with how the crooks and thugs always find a way to cheat, regardless of the ideology or political theory or time in history. If the framework of the USA was followed, the checks and balances applied, it would be no problem removing an unfit President or just avoiding one altogether. But as the machinery becomes burdened with criminals and opportunists, as the rules get bent, broken and changed, without consequences, the rot sets in.

Still Subjective
    Nicker, I think it's the entire set up. That's the way the place is built.

What's the average holiday allowance for a regular job in the USA? And by that I mean a mean average salaried job? That tells you sooooo much about the society.

Look at maternity leave in the USA Vs UK. Worse, compare it to Scandinavian countries.

Let's not get started on the gun laws and the number of gun deaths.

Trump isn't a problem - he's the manifestation of the culture. He's inevitable. After him there will be a slew of middling leaders who are unremarkable. But give it time, maybe 8 - 12 years and if the whole system hasn't changed thete will be V2.

The USA is certainly a unique case in many senses and it has been fairly resistant to abuse of power but every Nixon erodes the union a bit more each time. Unless it finds a way to detect and neutralize the sociopathic minority, before it can gain the high ground, it will have to periodically correct their excesses. Every society faces this same challenge, except for hereditary tyrannies, they seem to be quite stable, likely because they have achieved nine or higher on the Kafka scale.

Well, that didn't work. But at least they tried.

Oh, and how about them apples:

Quote Originally Posted by catbarf View Post
    'A few bad apples'

All 57 members of riot team step down in support of two cops who were suspended for shoving a 75-year-old man to the ground and denying him medical aid as blood poured out of his ears.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nd/3153626001/
    Unfortunately, they did not actually resign from the force, so it was just a token protest. I would love to see the union strike over this, but I very much doubt that will happen. The mayor has got their back. The officers have been charged, but the charges will be dropped as soon as the media looks away.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    He's incredible really. It's really beyond satire, but a good satirist would write better jokes.

I'm amazed and fascinated. How can this be the result of democracy unless its happening in an idiot nation?
    As hard as it is for me to admit, we're an idiot nation. Every nation has idiots, and we've always had idiots here too, but something changed during my lifetime. Idiocy has gone mainstream. Watch out for it in your country too. We might just be ahead of the curve.

I've a theory that the underlying problem with the USA is that it was built essentially from the ground up far too recently. The young nation has encountered advanced technology too early in it's life cycle and that has resulted in a baseline that just hadn't settled.

You can see examples of instability in every part of society, but the crazy thing is it's all intertwined with all the really good ideas that have made the USA so successful.

What a case study!

PS. Trump will win a second term. No doubt. 4 more years of lols
    Your theory doesn't make sense because the US is one of the older countries in the world, relatively speaking.

There's a more straightforward explanation. When the first colonies started here, Europeans were already trading African slaves, and soon they started pouring in to fill a labor shortage. For the next 240 years, we had legal slavery. It took a civil war to end that, the bloodiest in human history at the time. After abolishing slavery, we had 100 more years of lawful segregation and discrimination where the descendants of slaves were treated as secondary citizens. It took a decade-long civil rights campaign full of protests, riots, killings, along with legislation and multiple Supreme Court rulings to bring that to an end. But it was only an end to the legality of discrimination, not the practice of it. And that was just over 50 years ago, recent enough that a lot of older Americans remember life before the civil rights movement and are still just as racist as they were, just more quiet about it. Some of them have passed it on to their children or grandchildren who are now carrying the torch, so to speak.

The other contributing factor is public sector unions. Police unions are probably the strongest unions in the country. They have more power and influence over police conduct than any chief or mayor, and they refuse to hold their members accountable. In many cities, the police force is a loose cannon beyond the control of elected officials. In some cities and towns, the police force helps hold the community together. In other cities and towns, they drive a hot spike through the community and respond to criticism by adopting a police vs. everyone mentality. I don't see an easy solution, because it would require union busting, which very few Democrats support, and most of the major cities with police problems have Democratic mayors.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...06645134274561

WARRANTLESS SURVEILLANCE OF AMERICANS IS WRONG!
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...sts-government

The Drug Enforcement Administration has been granted sweeping new authority to “conduct covert surveillance” and collect intelligence on people participating in protests over the police killing of George Floyd, according to a two-page memorandum obtained by BuzzFeed News.

Still Subjective
    heywood - I'm not taking about just race relations. I'm talking about the entire system there. We can talk about the age of the nation another time, but I disagree with you.

Re: bloodiest civil war - ha ha ha ha the Taiping Rebellion laughs in the face of your "bloodiest in human history at the time". It overlapped the American civil war in time and had at least 10 million dead. Another Americo-centric view I'm afraid. I bet they do teach that in history class though. America number one!

Lord Dampnut's personal lawyer Bill Barr now claims that he didn't give a direct order to have the protesters outside the White House beaten, he merely happened to sigh loudly and say in a particularly wistful tone: "Will no one rid me of these troublesome protesters?" or something like that.

https://apnews.com/1a993a6e99b4ecd1062a7552efed2d96

WASHINGTON (AP) — Attorney General William Barr says law enforcement officers were already moving to push back protesters from a park in front of the White House when he arrived there Monday evening, and he says he did not give a command to disperse the crowd, though he supported the decision.

Barr’s comments in an interview with The Associated Press on Friday were his most detailed explanation yet of what unfolded outside the White House earlier this week. They come after the White House and others said repeatedly that the attorney general ordered officers to clear the park. Shortly after officers aggressively pushed back demonstrators, President Donald Trump — accompanied by Barr, Pentagon leaders and other top advisers — walked through Lafayette Park to pose for a photo at a nearby church that had been damaged during the protests.

[...]

“I’m not involved in giving tactical commands like that,” he said. “I was frustrated and I was also worried that as the crowd grew, it was going to be harder and harder to do. So my attitude was get it done, but I didn’t say, ‘Go do it.’”
    [...]

take a break from posting a bit my man, you must be outta breath by now

Well, I was just about to write a bit about Wasteland 3 beta, but okay, if you say so.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    heywood - I'm not taking about just race relations. I'm talking about the entire system there. We can talk about the age of the nation another time, but I disagree with you.
    How many countries in the world have lived under the same system of government for longer than the United States? The list is short. The UK you live in now was more or less formed through the English civil wars of the mid-17th century, only about ~130 years before the US formed. The French Revolution was a decade or so after the American Revolution. Most continental European countries are less than 100 years old.

Re: bloodiest civil war - ha ha ha ha the Taiping Rebellion laughs in the face of your "bloodiest in human history at the time". It overlapped the American civil war in time and had at least 10 million dead. Another Americo-centric view I'm afraid. I bet they do teach that in history class though. America number one!
    The American Civil War had about 600k direct wartime casualties. The Taiping Rebellion <400k. I'm aware that the estimate of civilian deaths during the Taiping Rebellion is much, much higher, but that was due to famine and disease, not acts of war.

Media Matters took a clip from Tucker Carlson's White Power Hour and recontextualised it:

Floyd and Chauvin were co-workers (NPR):

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/29/86580...mer-club-owner

There are no coincidences. The deep state is deep.

Oh, I gotta hear how Floyd and Chauvin having potentially previously crossed paths at work feeds into some deeeep state conspiracy.

Deep state? They engineer personal grudges between security guards too? Wow. That is deep.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    Deep state? They engineer personal grudges between security guards too? Wow. That is deep.
    Each one of us are now living our predetermined lives, dancing to a beat long determined by Bill Gates and George Soros. The die is cast. The game is afoot. Are you awake?

Moderator and Priest
    Ask yourself this: is a day truly 24 hours long? Is time arbitrary? Have you ever questioned the nature of your existence?

Donald Trump.

Circular sound.

Expansion of truth.

Are you aware?

Moderator and Priest
    When is a circle a square?

When it's Deep State.

My god, the squarcle has entangled him! Step back from the event horizon, Renz!! Turn towards the light before it is too late.

Tony! Who asks people to subscribe to yet another service just to read a post?

People who want subscriptions to that service?

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    My god, the squarcle has entangled him! Step back from the event horizon, Renz!! Turn towards the light before it is too late.
    Squares are just triangles with a propensity towards excess, much like the Trilateral Commission.

Are you cognizant?

That's deep, man! States deep!

Moderator and Priest
    Does a circle have no angles, or does it have so many angles, you can no longer see them?

Open your eyes. Don't believe the lies.

Page 547 of 554 FirstFirst ... 47297447497502507512517522527532537542543544545546547548549550551552 ... LastLast