TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 18.06%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

51 35.42%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

50 34.72%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.78%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.03%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

Hey, why didn't anyone tell me we were having an acid party?

Chakat sex pillow
    That's because, clearly, someone nicked the stamps and made off into the lonesome howling night with them under his arm

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    That's because, clearly, someone nicked the stamps and made off into the lonesome howling night with them under his arm
    I'm just being cryptic and portentous, like all the cool kids are doing these days.

Speaking of conspiracy theories, if you were ever wondering if there's a bottom to this...

https://apnews.com/7c53f78f87351c82582608a5a0c44054

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump ignited fresh controversy over his hard-line “law and order” push Tuesday by peddling yet another unfounded conspiracy theory, this time trying to raise suspicions about a 75-year-old protester who was hospitalized after being shoved by police and falling.

[...]

“Buffalo protester shoved by Police could be an ANTIFA provocateur,” Trump wrote in his tweet. “75 year old Martin Gugino was pushed away after appearing to scan police communications in order to black out the equipment. @OANN I watched, he fell harder than was pushed. Was aiming scanner. Could be a set up?”

There is no evidence to suggest that anything of the sort took place. Trump was referencing a report on One America News Network, a far-right news channel that he often praises.

[...]

As for the substance of the tweet, the president’s claim is “so technically incomprehensible, I’m not even sure where to start,” said Matt Blaze, a professor of computer science and law at Georgetown University.

In other news, there sure seems to be an awful lot of these bad apples around in the US:

https://www.startribune.com/officers...est/571105692/

Two law enforcement agencies acknowledged Monday that officers patrolling Minneapolis during the height of recent protests knifed the tires of numerous vehicles parked and unoccupied in at least two locations in the midst of the unrest.

Video and photo images posted on the news outlet Mother Jones show officers in military-style uniforms puncturing tires in the Kmart parking lot at Lake Street and Nicollet Avenue on May 30.

Images from S. Washington Avenue at Interstate 35W also showed officers with knives deflating the tires of two unoccupied cars with repeated jabs on May 31. Department of Public Safety spokesman Bruce Gordon confirmed that tires were cut in "a few locations."

"State Patrol troopers strategically deflated tires … in order to stop behaviors such as vehicles driving dangerously and at high speeds in and around protesters and law enforcement," Gordon said.
    [...]

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Images from S. Washington Avenue at Interstate 35W also showed officers with knives deflating the tires of two unoccupied cars with repeated jabs on May 31. Department of Public Safety spokesman Bruce Gordon confirmed that tires were cut in "a few locations."

"State Patrol troopers strategically deflated tires … in order to stop behaviors such as vehicles driving dangerously and at high speeds in and around protesters and law enforcement," Gordon said.
    ? ? ?

Translation: they wanted to harass protesters and journalists, but because it looks bad, they instead said it was because of crime prevention.

OMG he sent a C&D letter to CNN over a poll he didn't like: https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/10/polit...oll/index.html

FOX polls show the exact same numbers.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pol...ction-showdown

CNN legal responds...

https://twitter.com/CNNPR/status/127...5Etweetembed%7

President Putz.
    Last edited by Nicker; 10th Jun 2020 at 17:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    Kind of disappointing to see who signed the letter -- that person definitely isn't living up to his name.

That's not a Fox News poll with the same numbers, that's a Fox News article about the CNN poll numbers.

At the end of the day, it's not like national polls mean anything and 5 months might as well be 5 years at this point. Looks like this is yet another

Thanks Starker. I've been agitated by the number of dead in the US and the rest going on. I needed a good laugh. Love Randy Rainbow...

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    That's not a Fox News poll with the same numbers, that's a Fox News article about the CNN poll numbers.
    If you click the first link in the article, (national poll) it takes you to a FOX poll, which is the topic of the article. It's a poll with essentially the same numbers as the CNN one.
    Last edited by Nicker; 12th Jun 2020 at 10:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    If you click the first link in the article, (national poll) it takes you to a FOX poll, which is the topic of the article. It's a poll with essentially the same numbers as the CNN one.
    No, it takes you to list of Fox News articles about polls, prominently displaying the same article the link came from. Which, again, is about the CNN poll.

Seriously, take a moment to look at what you're posting about before you post it.

Apparently, The Confederacy is the new hill Lord Dampnut wants to die on. I don't know if it's such a bright idea, though. How many people are there today in the US aside from the hardcore followers who'd want to take up the Old South cause and relitigate it?

John Oliver's look at the police in the US, from the corrupt unions to broken laws to failed leaders to breach of social contract:

It's not available in my country but I expect I can catch it on youtube.

It's also available on torrent. It's the June 7 show.

Chakat sex pillow
    I don't think I've ever paid that much attention to John Oliver's show before, but after seeing that now... yeah. That video is something everyone needs to watch, whether they agree with it or not. Thanks for posting it, Starker.

Seems I've already seen it. Whilst on the subect of John Oliver, I came across this from 2017 (I remember seeing it at the time) on the subject of confederacy and more specifically the subject of statues and the argument for removal.

An interesting experiment I hadn't heard about, was to invert the genders in the presidential debates of Trump and Clinton.
    It revealed a lot about gender bias. Trump's aggression became okay when it was coming from a woman while people found the male Hillary Clinton annoying and effeminate.

We heard a lot of “now I understand how this happened”—meaning how Trump won the election. People got upset. There was a guy two rows in front of me who was literally holding his head in his hands, and the person with him was rubbing his back. The simplicity of Trump’s message became easier for people to hear when it was coming from a woman—that was a theme.

Article: https://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publi...-reversal.html

Pretty much confirms that the election wasn't won by Lord Dampnut, it was lost by Clinton:

Doesn't it just show how much these debates rely on personal bias instead of facts? Because this is what I'm getting from this.

Personal bias definitely matters, but it's ultimately up to the candidates to put on a show for the audience. Policy and facts don't even enter into this -- this is reality TV and Clinton clearly wasn't up to par. She failed to play for that very specific audience that ultimately brought her a narrow loss, a feat made even more remarkable by her husband nailing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v1E...outu.be&t=4407

Page 548 of 558 FirstFirst ... 48298448498503508513518523528533538543544545546547548549550551552553 ... LastLast