TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 18.06%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

51 35.42%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

50 34.72%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.78%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.03%
Page 58 of 558 FirstFirst ... 81318232833384348535455565758596061626368737883889398103108158308 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 13944

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

I have no concerns about spoiling the electoral college this year. This race has been over since before it got started. The current party alignment and demographics make it very difficult to elect another Republican President, and the Republicans threw away any chance they might have had by going for the likes of Trump and Cruz.

Really the only thing that matters now is whether the libs will get enough votes to qualify for federal funding, and whether they will do anything useful with it. I still have my fantasies of a Libertarian alternative causing the Republican party to move off of social conservatism. So I'm off to the polls now to throw away my vote on Johnson.

Really what I care about are the state races though.

ZylonBane
    Finally this dumb thread title can die.

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    I have no concerns about spoiling the electoral college this year. This race has been over since before it got started. The current party alignment and demographics make it very difficult to elect another Republican President, and the Republicans threw away any chance they might have had by going for the likes of Trump and Cruz.

Really the only thing that matters now is whether the libs will get enough votes to qualify for federal funding, and whether they will do anything useful with it. I still have my fantasies of a Libertarian alternative causing the Republican party to move off of social conservatism. So I'm off to the polls now to throw away my vote on Johnson.

Really what I care about are the state races though.
    Not like it matters anyway.

Remember....Bush won in 2000 because of court case, and he won in 2004 because of election fraud with Ohio's electronic voting machines.

Basically TPTB denied the popular vote twice to make sure that the pro-war candidate won, so I don't see them suddenly getting a conscience now.

Max Fisher, the associate director of The Atlantic, argued that Stratfor has a poor reputation "among foreign policy writers, analysts, and practitioners" and that as a result Anonymous and Wikileaks have exaggerated the significance of the information they released. He also suggested that Assange may have targeted a relatively unimportant firm and over-hyped the results in order to "regain some of his former glory".

Australian Broadcasting Corporation foreign correspondent and Stratfor subscriber Mark Corcoran also wrote that the e-mails showed Stratfor's methods used to gather information are similar to those employed by journalists, though he wrote that the quality of its reports are often inferior to news reports.
    Not that I will assume anything is 100% correct, but their client list speaks a lot stronger than the opinion of pundits who've never done anything other than pontificate. Although in this case letting themselves get hacked certainly doesn't help.

That said my earlier comments about the "Hillary isn't competent enough to kill and get away with" argument apply here. I'd be more interested in the resumes of the specific individuals having this discussion than I would be in the firm's reputation as a whole when making a judgement. You can't assume an individual's level of intelligence or competence simply based off the firm they work for: I've run into geniuses working at ten-man shops you've never heard of, raging morons that got jobs at Goldman Sachs and Google, and everything in between.
    Last edited by Tony_Tarantula; 8th Nov 2016 at 09:30.

Walked to the polling station, showed the machine how much I love the D, voted "no" to the most poorly written referendum question ever, called it a day.

Edit: The referendum question I'm referring to, btw, is "Should state judges have to retire at 75?" The original version of the question, before GOP state legislators modified it, was "Should the retirement age for state judges be moved from 70 to 75?"

Moderator and Priest
    So I voted.

Let me tell you, I was very, very tempted to walk in and start speaking broken English with a foreign accent to throw everyone off. You know, when they asked me for my name, address, and ID, I'd go:

"I am America wery good! We are Number 1! Go New York Cubs! Win World Series! Yes! 9/11? So sad. I will not disremember."

...but then I thought better of it. It's a pretty dour election, with people being all po-faced about everything. I didn't want to accidentally contribute to a Breitbart news story, and/or get shot.
    Last edited by Renzatic; 8th Nov 2016 at 14:11.

Moderator and Priest
    Trump just may very well win this. It's now being predicted to be a 2000 style dead split, with no likely advantages to either side at the moment.

It's another 9/11.

This fucking cunt of a species. Wipe it out and start again.

Moderator and Priest
    Trump now has a slight advantage, since three of the swing states are leaning in his direction. Michigan and Ohio are still in play, but it looks like Hillary has lost Florida.

edit: Trump just took Ohio. He's likely to be our next president. There's still a chance Hillary could win, but it's slim from here on out.
    Last edited by Renzatic; 8th Nov 2016 at 22:31.

Sorry but it needs to be said... Fucking "other" voters.

Don't worry, Trump will wipe it out. WW III starts with Russia taking Ukraine with Trumps blessing. He did it. I feel like Charlton Heston at the end of The Planet of the Apes. Everybody grab a pussy I guess.

So, if Trump wins the electoral college while Clinton wins the popular vote, isn't the election rigged in HIS favor?

Moderator and Priest
    Pyrian: no, it is what it is. It's one of the reasons why we have the EC. When elections are so close, like they are right now, it's there to be the deciding factor.

Though it is funny that those screaming about the electoral college favoring Hillary over the popular vote will probably be mum about it now that the shoe's on the other foot.

Right now, the only path to victory for Hillary is to win Michigan or Wisconsin. If she wins one or both, she'll pull ahead. If she loses both, it's President Trump.

Oh god, it's actually happening.

But if Trump wins, they can't impeach Hillary. :smug:

Moderator and Priest
    No, but they can impeach Trump. I'd be surprised if he manages to make it two years without a scandal coming to bite him in the ass.

There are a number of things we could take away from this election (heh), but the one I'm thinking of right now is that the west coast doesn't count for crap in an election.

That touchscreen map on CNN is really cool.

They're talking now about how Michigan and Wisconsin will decided everything. Interesting how they've traditionally been democratic states, but apparently Trump spent far more time there than Hillary.

Moderator and Priest
    It's more about those swing states, of which Trump has managed to court pretty damn well apparently.

If the swing states are evenly split, then the west coast gets its chance to shine.

Moderator and Priest
    Yeah, I think this is over. Fivethirtyeight is now giving Trump a 58% chance of victory. Even if she wins the currently contested swing states, she'll probably fall just shy of the necessary 270.

To quote them:

I’m looking at this map right now, and it’s pretty clear that Trump is winning the states he needs to be winning in order to be elected. That doesn’t mean he will be. But if you aren’t a Trump fan, you better start coming to terms with the fact he will probably be president.

Still seems way too early to say, Michigan is swinging back toward Hillary, and a couple others are completely up in the air. CNN is kind of theorizing that electoral count will have both of them up in the 260s. (270 needed to win, for all you foreigners).

The only states that matter right now are NH PA CO MI WI, and probably in that order. If Hillary wins NH, she should take the rest and the election unless there is a massive, massive polling error in one of those states. Somehow WI is looking like it might be that state, as it stands the results are something like 6-7% off from expectations.

Moderator and Priest
    By Fivethirtyeight's call, Hillary will have to win Arizona, which is close, but not looking likely, to win the presidency. Wisconsin will probably go to Trump, which means Michigan and Pennsylvania are the two big players beyond that still in action. Pennsylvania's looking good from the map I'm viewing, and Michigan has a very strong chance of flipping blue, now that the only counts left are the Detroit metro counties, which make up the majority of the state's population, and traditionally vote blue.

But damn, it's close. It's so close. And the odds are in Trump's favor.

The Canadian Immigration website seems to have crashed at the moment...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/

But don't worry. Some of us are chipping in to provide free Canadian wilderness vacations for anyone who voted OTHER. You can choose from the Grizzly Bear Encounter Package or the Snow-blind Tundra Hike. For more traditional types there is the Niagara Falls Drop In Special.

Thank you, Brethren, but the BBC has kindly been informing me every five minutes that it's 270.

What's this popular vote that's being talked about? What's the significance?

The popular vote does not decide the presidential election...It is the result of achieving 270 electoral votes...In the case of an electoral tie below 270, it then would go to congress to decide who is president.

Page 58 of 558 FirstFirst ... 81318232833384348535455565758596061626368737883889398103108158308 ... LastLast