TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

31 19.25%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

54 33.54%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

51 31.68%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

5 3.11%
  • I don't know what's going on!

20 12.42%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dumped! ✮✮✮

verbose douchebag
    I wouldn't bother Renz. The adage about playing chess with pigeons springs to mind.

BANNED
    As much as I dislike Boris he's nothing like Trump in those respects.

For a start he's 100x more eloquent and he's also quite witty. He's also very intelligent. He just happens to be a git.

LittleFlower

(Spoiler: unfortunately nobody is going to jail. And Ivanka will be President herself, in a few years. You can see it in her eyes. Same oafish look as George Bush had).

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    He's also very intelligent.
    Is he though? He's educated, but I don't see much evidence of much beyond being able to quote the classics and having a strong vocabulary.

LittleFlower
    https://imgur.com/k9jSDQU
    Watch with sound.
    No idea what this is. But supposedly it's related to Trump. And supposedly it's funny. Anyone care to explain?

The fuck?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8u1zXuS23Q
    This is real?

verbose douchebag
    I want at least 2 of what she's had.

"Spiritual advising" will do that to you.

LittleFlower
    Linking jpg's isn't as easy as it used to be ....

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzemuis View Post
    Pyrian, Trump is losing this week, because he's losing in a few (but multiple) states by a few thousand votes. No way anyone could have predicted that 4 years ago. When 100 people vote what side of a dice will come up, some of them will be right.
    Yeeeah but this is like 18%. Both of the other two big options ran at almost twice the percentage of what, to me, was the always-obvious choice. Was it necessarily correct? Heck no. But it always seemed to me like the most likely.

The clown-show of the last 4 years was totally unpredictable.
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Exactly which clown would show up in which make-up was unpredictable. The fact that it would be a clown show was totally predictable and widely predicted because Trump had been a clown show all along before. If anything, Trump faced a relative lack of outside pressure until Covid-19 came along. The clown show until then was mostly of his own making.

That being said, of course I chose the correct option in this poll.

(Uh, tbh, is there a way to check? 4 Years ago I was hoping he'd lose after 4 years. But at the time I was also scared he'd win in 2020. I have no idea which option (4 or 8y) I chose. I know for sure that I never expected him to be kicked out. Just like I don't believe he will ever go to jail for things he did).
    Lol. Your selection in the poll is the option displayed in italics.

LittleFlower
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Your selection in the poll is the option displayed in italics.
    Thanks. So yes, I did predict only 1 term.
    Doesn't make me a fortune-teller.

I agree it was clear from the start that it would be a clown-show. But nobody had any idea what would happen, and how it would end. How would the elections have gone if covid-19 hadn't happened? I think Trump would have won another 4 years.

It's sad that 240k Americans had to die to prevent Trump from getting another 4 years in office. But it is a sacrifice I am willing to make. (I have no idea what kind of smiley to put here, to indicate this is a bitter joke).

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    And what have you added to this discussion beyond vague allusions to your own alleged neutrality in concerns to uncertain nebulous things? You're not debating anyone so much as hiding the fact you have nothing to say behind a fog of bullshit?
    WELL... I actually didn't try to contribute much but rather ask your opinions of this biden char (or lack thereof as noted by some) and his pedo accusations. I've genuinely taken zero interest in american politics prior to election day as it isn't as center-of-the-world as americans would love to think. Instead of an answer of any form I got greeted with a "really?" followed by a bunch of verbal abuse, which, I guess "culminated" with the king of nobodies (as far as I can tell) - featal (going by malleable memory). I'd commend the cuteness of his ongoing arrogance, but it seems it just comes to him all too naturally. A real uncanny valley of intelligence versus confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    As much as I dislike Boris he's nothing like Trump in those respects.

For a start he's 100x more eloquent and he's also quite witty. He's also very intelligent. He just happens to be a git.
    In comparison to Trump, anyone else seems great.

Johnson is a bully-boy, first and foremost. His "wit" is school bully wit of making fun of people rather than actual wit. His "eloquence" is him repeating the same tired lines over. I watched all of the election debates there, and he was by far the least eloquent of the party leaders. All he did was reply to every question with by saying "get Brexit done" as many times as he could.
    He has no compassion. He's also a blatant liar with no shame.
    The main difference is that Johnson is shrewd - he uses his tools of bullying, lies, and disinformation to push his own agenda, far better than Trump does.

Anyway - that's the thing I will never understand: why do so many people like bullies? I would never want to support a bully, yet people swarm to them in droves.

LittleFlower
    Thor, the fact that nobody is backing you, and nobody is taking your side in the discussion, is a clear indication of something. You figure it out.

And to answer your question: there are no accusations that Biden is a pedophile. None. Link me a page where someone states this. Anonymous crap on 4chan or reddit isn't a real source. Give us a link to a newspaper or newsite, large or small, american or non-american, leftish or right-wing. We've heard there were links between Epstein and others (like Trump, Bill Clinton, Prince Andrew). But I have never heard anyone mention Biden in the same sentence as Epstein. Or the word "pedophile".

Just "asking" whether Biden is a pedophile makes you already look like a total idiot.

Biden is creepy, certainly, but mostly just towards women as far as I've heard.

Also... I don't know if that's the case elsewhere, but there's a deep and disturbing trend of the extremist crazies here in Ireland to call anyone they disagree with a paedophile. Including anyone who calls them out - politicians, journalists, police, random people on the street. So random accusations of such without any proof immediately come across as deeply suspicious to me.

Thor, the fact that nobody is backing you, and nobody is taking your side in the discussion, is a clear indication of something. You figure it out.

And to answer your question: there are no accusations that Biden is a pedophile. None. Link me a page where someone states this. Anonymous crap on 4chan or reddit isn't a real source. Give us a link to a newspaper or newsite, large or small, american or non-american, leftish or right-wing. We've heard there were links between Epstein and others (like Trump, Bill Clinton, Prince Andrew). But I have never heard anyone mention Biden in the same sentence as Epstein. Or the word "pedophile".

Just "asking" whether Biden is a pedophile makes you already look like a total idiot.
    I've seen suspect gifs and claims, not really on 4chan or reddits as I don't browse them, bur more random sources that I couldn't really track anymore. If this was going to be the response in the first place, there's no need to be so hostile, is there, unless you've got something to defend with a more religious approach?

An answer to why "nobody is backing me" in commchat of ttlg is pretty obvious, as I've scarcely ever heard a non-left viewpoint over anything. Far-left seems to be just "left", centrism has been pushed to the right (which is traditionally always been my leaning if any) and right has been pushed to the far right. No room for far right even if anybody was that anymore.

Doesn't make me a fortune-teller.
    Again, I'm not saying I think 1 term should've been 100% of the vote. I'm saying it should've been more than 19%. Maybe 50%. Let's say it's a coinflip. Does it make sense for a coin flip that people would predict 18% heads, 32% tails, and 50% lands on its edge?

I agree it was clear from the start that it would be a clown-show. But nobody had any idea what would happen, and how it would end. How would the elections have gone if covid-19 hadn't happened? I think Trump would have won another 4 years.
    That Covid-19 would happen and Trump would botch it: Unpredictable. That something would happen and Trump would botch it: highly probable.

"The true awfulness of Trump will become apparent over time. Bad things will happen, and he will be clueless about how to respond; if you want a parallel, think about how Katrina revealed the hollowness of the Bush administration, and multiply by a hundred." - Paul Krugman, 11/11/2016 (Covid-19 has killed roughly 100x more Americans than Katrina.)

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    I've scarcely ever heard a non-left viewpoint over anything.
    Yep, it promptly gets shot down with the obligatory courtesy of belittling the intelligence of the person with that viewpoint. Without any explanation of course, it just goes without saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    I watched all of the election debates there, and he was by far the least eloquent of the party leaders.
    Why would anyone bother to waste their time watching that nonsense?

Moderator and Priest
    It's real. It's so real.

nemyax and Thor, there have been countless discussions here on these forums between politically diverse members. It's not about right or left, it's about the quality of the argument.

The fact neither of you can tell the difference and you commiserate together about how you're unfairly cast aside by big lefty meanies should give you a fucking clue, but then again given the level of the rhetorics displayed, I can't say I'm surprised.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Biden is creepy, certainly, but mostly just towards women as far as I've heard.

Also... I don't know if that's the case elsewhere, but there's a deep and disturbing trend of the extremist crazies here in Ireland to call anyone they disagree with a paedophile. Including anyone who calls them out - politicians, journalists, police, random people on the street. So random accusations of such without any proof immediately come across as deeply suspicious to me.
    Dude has absolutely no sense of personal space whatsoever. He'll hover around anyone, given half a chance.

But as far as the pedophile accusations go, it's all rumors and attempts at character assassination that started on 8chan and reddit, and have no basis in reality whatsoever. Biden has exactly one sexual harassment allegation against him, and the person who leveled it was nowhere close to being underaged.

raph
    My point is, the level of the rhetoric doesn't matter. It's no use trying.

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinatedzombeh View Post
    Why would anyone bother to waste their time watching that nonsense?
    Same reason a lot of the people here are talking about the election in the USA despite not living there. Because sometimes it's amusing to see how bad humanity are.

I bet Thor is one of those QAnon nutters.

It seems so. That witch is apparently Trump's official spiritual advisor or something. It's a hilarious video in a way, but when you realise that she's being serious and a lot of people actually believe that crap, it's also pretty damn scary and depressing. I can sort of understand people who want to live by some religious values - I do find it odd but it's their own choice - but this sort of witchcraft doesn't belong to this century (or any of the at least five previous centuries). If people actually fall for this, how easy is it for Trump to spout his bullshit and make his supporters blindly obey him? It's no surprise that religion, crazy conspiracies and Trump fit in so well together.

Also, what's that guy walking back and forth behind the witch?

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi View Post
    Also, what's that guy walking back and forth behind the witch?
    The Witchfinder General.

He's not very good at his job.

Page 598 of 650 FirstFirst ... 98348498548553558563568573578583588593594595596597598599600601602603608613618623628633638643648 ... LastLast