TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

    29 18.71%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

    54 34.84%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

    50 32.26%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

    5 3.23%
  • I don't know what's going on!

    17 10.97%
Page 614 of 614 FirstFirst ... 114364514564569574579584589594599604609610611612613614
Results 15,326 to 15,347 of 15347

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dumped! ✮✮✮

  1. #15326
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    Now let me ask: how can even be possible that half of US people voted for this team of lunatics.
    It seems to be...faith. I keep seeing people just asserting that the hard bombshell evidence WILL be forthcoming. And it's like? How gullible are those people?

  2. #15327
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    Dan Rather with the killer joke for the day: "Why is the Trump White House suddenly a very polite place to work? Everyone’s going around saying 'pardon me.' "

  3. #15328
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2006
    Location: Berghem Haven
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    It seems to be...faith. I keep seeing people just asserting that the hard bombshell evidence WILL be forthcoming. And it's like? How gullible are those people?
    Faith or simply impossibility to admit how gullible they were? I'm not a religious person but faith is much more serious than this 4-years long travesty
    Faith has some rational aspects, but this was purely a dream (and a lovecraftian one).

  4. #15329
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2006
    Location: Berghem Haven
    Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    Dan Rather with the killer joke for the day: "Why is the Trump White House suddenly a very polite place to work? Everyone’s going around saying 'pardon me.' "
    Nice joke

  5. #15330
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    The word is that he had to do that because the claims that the vote is rigged and that the process can't be trusted is starting to have a serious effect on Republican voters in Georgia. And they really cannot afford to lose either of those seats.

  6. #15331
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2001
    Location: Land of the crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    LOL. Venezuela Lair of the Devil!!1111 (It's McCarthyism all over again, now that Castro is no more)

    Now let me ask: how can even be possible that half of US people voted for this team of lunatics.
    Just because Trump is currently being represented by crackpots doesn't mean all Trump supporters are crackpots. A lot of people voted for him because he's a Republican. They've always voted Republican and their vote always comes down to the same issues regardless of who is on the ballot. In my area, which is more socially liberal than a lot of the country, the #1 reason people vote Republican is taxes.

    The problem is that Trump is a gateway drug, leading "normal" Republicans down the rabbit hole into a world of nuttery.

    My wife's best friend is an example. She is a Republican, but I thought she might vote for Biden this time, because she's been really frustrated with the COVID-19 response and the crazy parade that is the Trump administration. I've never heard her say a good word about Trump. But she voted for him anyway. The reason: "But Biden is going to raise taxes on the middle class..." And something about Nancy Pelosi that I don't remember exactly. And then, suddenly last week she starts talking about election fraud, and now she wants to go buy a gun, because apparently it's no longer safe out there. She lives in an upper-middle class neighborhood of a middle class town with practically no crime. And she's the last person you'd ever expect to have a gun, because she's afraid of them and afraid of having them in the house with kids.

  7. #15332
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2006
    Location: Berghem Haven
    Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    My wife's best friend is an example. She is a Republican, but I thought she might vote for Biden this time, because she's been really frustrated with the COVID-19 response and the crazy parade that is the Trump administration. I've never heard her say a good word about Trump. But she voted for him anyway. The reason: "But Biden is going to raise taxes on the middle class..." And something about Nancy Pelosi that I don't remember exactly. And then, suddenly last week she starts talking about election fraud, and now she wants to go buy a gun, because apparently it's no longer safe out there. She lives in an upper-middle class neighborhood of a middle class town with practically no crime. And she's the last person you'd ever expect to have a gun, because she's afraid of them and afraid of having them in the house with kids.
    As you've said: leading "normal" Republicans down the rabbit hole into a world of nuttery.


    Here in Italy we got the same (literally the same thing you've perfectly exposed) problem with this man (but he's not nut, he's the perfect lackey):





    Same "strategy" (ahahahah), same rabbit hole.
    Last edited by lowenz; 2nd Dec 2020 at 17:33.

  8. #15333
    New Member
    Registered: Dec 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    "But Biden is going to raise taxes on the middle class..."
    They've done a good job convincing people of that. Note that Trump's tax cuts on the middle class come to $65/month according to the below article, while for the top-earners, that caps out at $50000 per year each, almost the same as 1000 middle-class tax cuts. That $65 a month was also passed with an expiry date around 2025, while the corporate tax cuts didn't have an expiration date put in. I'm not sure whether or not the expiration includes the $50,000 for high-income earners however, it doesn't say. So Trump passed the small middle-class tax cut to just last long enough while he's in power. You can have some crumbs, little guy, but don't get greedy now, only while Papa Trump is at the table. So if the next guy (post 2024 assuming Trump got a second term) renewed that then he wouldn't get any credit, and if he didn't renew it he'd be blamed for raising taxes.

    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ality-1080345/

    The real point is that Biden isn't going to raise taxes on the middle class, because that's not where the bulk of cuts actually occurred. The focus will be on super-high-earners and restoring corporate taxes. Biden should renew and perhaps increase the tax cut for middle-class when it expires however, that would be a smart move. And the Dems can make a big deal about how Trump set them to expire when/if they pass the renewal, perhaps permanent, to make a point. That expiry clause will come back to hurt the Republicans at least a little bit.

  9. #15334
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    Hell of a headline. Imagine if he'd had stayed on as our NSA. January can't come fast enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by MSN
    Michael Flynn, Newly Pardoned, Calls for Trump to ‘Temporarily Suspend the Constitution’ and Impose Martial Law

    A week after receiving his pardon from President Donald Trump, former White House national security adviser Michael Flynn promoted a call for the president to “temporarily suspend the Constitution” and put the country under martial law [to hold a new election].

  10. #15335
    New Member
    Registered: Dec 2020
    Flynn is actually one of the most dangerous characters out there. He's been leaning into that Q stuff hard, and not just following it, most of them think he is Q. If you have Flynn running in 2024 that would be the worst case scenario, since he's got a ready-made army of brainwashed zealots. It would make Trump look like Charlie Chaplin in The Great Dictator, as can be seen in that headline.

  11. #15336
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2006
    Location: Berghem Haven
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipheron View Post
    The real point is that Biden isn't going to raise taxes on the middle class, because that's not where the bulk of cuts actually occurred. The focus will be on super-high-earners and restoring corporate taxes. Biden should renew and perhaps increase the tax cut for middle-class when it expires however, that would be a smart move. And the Dems can make a big deal about how Trump set them to expire when/if they pass the renewal, perhaps permanent, to make a point. That expiry clause will come back to hurt the Republicans at least a little bit.
    So he will destroy the work they provide ("Why provide work to people if the damn communists will tax me!!111")

    It's always possible to spin a thing to become an electoral weapon.

  12. #15337
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2006
    Location: Berghem Haven
    Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    Hell of a headline. Imagine if he'd had stayed on as our NSA. January can't come fast enough.
    The president can suspend the constitution by himself?
    Is this even possible?

  13. #15338
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    No, not technically, but the more important question is, do the other branches have the power to stop him, and even if they do, what happens when they fail to do their duty? It's an academic question here now because Trump is already gearing up for his 2024 campaign, so I think we're getting on to the next stage of this anyway.

    But anyway, the thing Flynn reposted referenced the time Abraham Lincoln suspended some rights by putting Washington DC under martial law & suspending habeus corpus in the middle of the Civil War, and Flynn was arguing that what we're going through now (Trump being "denied his rightful 2nd term" because more people democratically voted against him, lol) is even a bigger crisis than the civil war.

    First, there is no way this is worse than the civil war; but dumber problem with that argument before you even get there is that the Supreme Court ultimately ruled against what Lincoln did as unconstitutional because the local courts were still functioning.

  14. #15339
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2006
    Location: Berghem Haven
    This Flynn has some kind of mujahiddin approach to reality.....always on war so we can always bypass the law.....this is the end game of these propaganda moves.

  15. #15340
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    The latest joke going around:

    Q: Why is the White House the most polite place to work at right now?
    A: Everyone's going around saying, "Pardon me."

    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/01/p...ent/index.html

    The Justice Department is investigating a potential crime related to funneling money to the White House or related political committee in exchange for a presidential pardon, according to court records unsealed Tuesday in federal court.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/01/p...ons/index.html

    President Donald Trump's associates are making appeals to him in the hopes of obtaining pardons before he leaves office, a source familiar with the matter told CNN on Tuesday.

    The source said the list of associates broaching the subject of preemptive pardons that would seek to shield those individuals from prosecution includes Rudy Giuliani, who has been leading the President's long-shot legal battles to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election in his role as Trump's personal attorney.

    Since the election, Trump has been discussing with advisers preemptively pardoning several people close to him, including his children, son-in-law and Giuliani, a separate source familiar confirmed to CNN. The potential pardon list includes others who are close to the President and could be legally vulnerable but have not been charged.

  16. #15341
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    Just so non-Americans are aware, the governor of Illinois in 2008, Rod Blagojevich, got convicted for 14 years for soliciting bribes for a normal part of his job (filling Obama's senate seat after he won the presidency). It just goes to show a politician can be prosecuted for doing a normal part of a job (in this case a pardon) if they ask for money for it, even if it'd be perfectly legal for them to do it otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    The latest joke going around:

    Q: Why is the White House the most polite place to work at right now?
    A: Everyone's going around saying, "Pardon me."
    That joke is so lit it got cracked here twice.

    Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    Dan Rather with the killer joke for the day: "Why is the Trump White House suddenly a very polite place to work? Everyone’s going around saying 'pardon me.' "
    --------

    Pathetic.

    Trump aide banned from Justice after trying to get case info



    And...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Rudell ����
    @krudell Replying to @MollyJongFast
    Fun fact: the WH liaison, Heidi Stirrup, was also placed in charge of the Office of Refugee Resettlement this spring in order to slow down the release of migrant kids from Border Patrol custody and crank up family separation during the pandemic.

    Miller's hardline refugee policies revived: “Only a matter of time before the situation blows up"
    Last edited by demagogue; 3rd Dec 2020 at 19:50.

  17. #15342
    New Member
    Registered: Dec 2020
    Might share this one with you people (btw i had an account here once but it's lost to the midst of time, maybe 3-4 email addresses ago for me, so I made a new one)

    https://www.wsbtv.com/news/politics/...POTZKVMO5ESJQ/

    A Florida attorney is at the center of a new state investigation after elections officials say he recently attempted to register to vote in Georgia and instructed other Florida Republicans on how to do it .
    There's video of him in the link instructing others how to commit electoral fraud by all registering to vote at his brother's house in Georgia. He tried to brush this off as merely joking, but he did in fact try to register to vote in Georgia at the address and is being investigated on felony charges.

  18. #15343
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2002
    Location: melon labneh
    Everyone I've seen buy into team Trump's rhetoric at least a little have the common trait of claiming massive election fraud, even mild cases who reluctantly recognize that Biden wins despite the fraud. Not being in the US, I've never ever understood them and the argument that if there is massive fraud, it will be mostly democratic in nature. I mean, the DNC do seem to be a bunch of corrupt morons, but they are saints compared to Republican officials, especially those with a pledge of allegiance to Trump.

    It's really not a surprise to me that most recounts have yielded more votes for Biden. In spite of that, people keep clinging to the fraud allegations and are inciting others to lose trust in the system. And I have physically campaigned against electronic voting machines, I am the first to agree that the system is not perfect, but what these people display is not the level of distrust where you want to improve things, it's the one where you just want things to disappear without considering the impact, making it worse for everyone in the process.
    Last edited by Briareos H; 4th Dec 2020 at 02:50.

  19. #15344
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    It is most telling that they are alleging voter fraud in states where Biden won. They don't seem to be campaigning in Kansas, Ohio, etc. If there really was any evidence of massive election fraud, wouldn't it make sense to have recounts and investigate in all states?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cipheron View Post
    https://www.wsbtv.com/news/politics/...POTZKVMO5ESJQ/

    A Florida attorney is at the center of a new state investigation after elections officials say he recently attempted to register to vote in Georgia and instructed other Florida Republicans on how to do it .
    There's video of him in the link instructing others how to commit electoral fraud by all registering to vote at his brother's house in Georgia. He tried to brush this off as merely joking, but he did in fact try to register to vote in Georgia at the address and is being investigated on felony charges.
    Ah, Florida man strikes again. On a more positive note, they finally found that voting fraud they've been talking about. And, according to their logic, Florida should go to Biden now?

    Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    I guess she was there to Stirrup some trouble.

    ...

    I'll see myself out.
    Last edited by Starker; 4th Dec 2020 at 03:09.

  20. #15345
    New Member
    Registered: Dec 2020
    Fraud is rare, of course, because someone needs to balance the chance of being caught (moderate) vs the punishment for being caught (severe) and the chance of your extra vote swinging the election (next to non-existent). There are far less risky things to do which give tangible returns.

    Sending back mail ballots fraudulently is also overstated. After all, you GOT the mail so they know where you live. If you fake someone else's ballot who moved out, they kind of have a pretty good idea where to look for the culprit when the signature doesn't match.

    So one vote is exceedingly unlikely to swing the election making anyone an idiot if they do this by themselves. But, even if you get enough people together to agree to lodge extra votes, then it's still better to renege on the plan. For example say 1000 people agree that 1000 extra votes will swing it, then each one can rationalize that 999 votes will surely still swing it, so they don't need to go through with it themselves, and can avoid the risk of 10 years in prison, Thus almost nobody does it. this explains a lot, where you get those campaigns for highly illegal risky events and lots of people say they're going but only 3 people turn up and thus they never actually do the illegal thing.
    Last edited by Cipheron; 4th Dec 2020 at 03:25.

  21. #15346
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    What struck me is how they'd go on the roof you say in german over some story of ballots thrown away or some such, and then you find the original source and it'd turn out to be like 3 ballots, and they were discovered and everything was fixed so it didn't matter anyway. There's such a mismatch between the infinitesimal bottom of the barrel scraps they dig up to rage over versus the idea that millions of votes were somehow stolen in the meantime. FFS, get a sense of proportion.

    Somehow the whole fake news & conspiracy mongering thing always reminds me of a quote from Bertrand Russel to the effect that, while it's true that one can never have 100% assurance that something is absolutely true or false, one has to admit that some things are very much more likely than others. While it's no contradiction to the Standard Model of physics that millions of votes were lost or switched without anyone realizing or remembering it, one has to admit based on the evidence we have that it's vanishingly improbable. And probability matters.

  22. #15347
    New Member
    Registered: Dec 2020
    Also the evidence is of poor quality. They seem to be of the opinion that having lots of bad evidence equals some good evidence, but in fact it signals the opposite: leading with bad evidence is a surefire sign you lack any good evidence, no matter how many bits you manage to dredge up.

    Someone was spreading around a big list of proofs of the fraud as a copypasta, it was like 100 links or something to different news. I broke a couple down from the top of the list to check them out. most were news stories of "discarded ballots" but what they meant was examples of mail that wasn't delivered and ended up in the bin or on the street, not people's filled-out ballots being discarded by election workers. So if those are the ones they lead with heaven knows what was at the bottom of the list and it just proves the opposite: there is no good evidence or you wouldn't be feeding me this slop.

    Basically, it's the Cheese Shop sketch from Monty Python. listing 100 types of cheese you don't have but insisting your shop definitely has cheese in there because with the sheer volume of types of cheese listed you're bound to have some somewhere.

Page 614 of 614 FirstFirst ... 114364514564569574579584589594599604609610611612613614

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •