TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

    26 18.06%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

    51 35.42%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

    50 34.72%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

    4 2.78%
  • I don't know what's going on!

    13 9.03%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

  1. #1526
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2002
    Location: Pacific Northwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Sorry, but the US just lost the right to make fun of the UK for... well... at least until next week, hopefully.
    Noooooooo, that's an inalienable right of every American, regardless of president.

  2. #1527
    verbose douchebag
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Lyon, France
    Trump though. Demands a new ruleset.

  3. #1528
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2006
    Location: Washington DC
    Didn't this just turn out great.

    I just went back and checked the numbers- if every third-party voter went Clinton, Trump still would have over the 270 electoral votes needed. The Democratic Party screwed up in a big way, but I doubt that's going to stop weeks of op-eds about how third-party voters ruined the election. The Party is woefully out of touch with the American people and I can only hope that by 2020 they recognize their mistakes.

  4. #1529
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Location: Chicago, IL
    So the American people in the end did NOT want to leave the floodgates open for the entire third world to rush in (as Europe is doing). Who knew?

  5. #1530
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: London / London / London
    Manwee, sort yourself out. You sound like the resistance guy from south park the musical.

  6. #1531
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: London / London / London
    Shut up Krush, it's still a shitty opinion even if you think it's cool to have it now.

  7. #1532
    verbose douchebag
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Lyon, France
    This is what happen when the vote falls in favour of a prejudicial outlook - the bigots come out of the woodwork, less afraid of letting their masks slip.
    It's like the opposite end of how consensus dampens racism by making it socially unacceptable. Slices both ways unfortunately.

  8. #1533
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    Who predicted "the end of the world"? You think you're making good points using vague hyperbole? Who even is "they"?

    How to quantify a surge in hate crime? The usual way: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7358866.html
    Those figures seem questionable because the definition of hate crime is total bullshit. http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/08/t...crime-scandal/
    The police’s ‘Hate Crime Operational Guidance’ now stresses that the victim’s perception is the deciding factor in whether something is measured as a hate crime. No evidence is required. ‘Evidence of… hostility is not required for an incident or crime to be recorded as a hate crime or hate incident,’ the guidance says. ‘[The] perception of the victim, or any other person, is the defining factor… the victim does not have to justify or provide evidence of their belief, and police officers or staff should not directly challenge this perception.’ So you don’t need actual evidence to prove hate crime, just a feeling. The police are discouraged from asking for evidence. This is reflected in the policies of individual constabularies. So the ‘Hate Crime Procedure’ of the Surrey Police says ‘apparent lack of motivation as the cause of an incident is not relevant as it is the perception of the victim or any other person that counts’. No clear hateful motivation? Doesn’t matter. Record it as a hate crime anyway. Indeed, even when nothing hateful was said to the victim of a crime, still the police must record the incident as a hate crime if the victim perceives it to be so. The police guidance gives the example of a gay man being ‘sworn at and threatened’ by an assailant who said absolutely ‘nothing… about his sexual orientation’. If this gay man ‘perceives that he was targeted [because] he is openly gay’ then the police must ‘record this as a hate crime based on sexual orientation’. Think about this. If any gay man is shouted at in the street, by anyone, about anything, with no mention of sexuality, that can be recorded as an anti-gay hate crime. There’s no need for any proof whatsoever that anything anti-gay in sentiment was said or even intimated.
    By that standard, I could take every time I've been treated rudely by a busy barista as a hate crime because it was motivated by my non-gayness (which was obvious because I asked for plain black coffee).

    This morning was a pleasant surprise. I voted yesterday morning (write-in vote), and went the whole day resigned to the inevitable Clinton presidency. I underestimated Trump, seemingly like the media did, like Clinton did, like the Republican primary candidates did. Like heywood, I saw far less support for him as far as bumper stickers and yard signs than I've seen for any previous Republican nominee. I'm impressed, and very pleased that Clinton lost. While I wish someone other than Trump had beat her, I'm somewhat optimistic that he'll continue to surprise me.

  9. #1534
    verbose douchebag
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Lyon, France
    So Draxil, how does your quibbling over the definition, for right or wrong, explain a sustained spike post-Brexit? Or didn't you think that far ahead, too busy trying to formulate your childish little quip about sexual preference and how you take your coffee?

  10. #1535
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Touchy much? Don't really know or care why the sustained spike occurred, since "hate crime" has been watered down to mean anything a person perceives it to be. It's meaningless. The sustained spike could be a bunch of angry Remainers using True Vision to report "hate incidents", and not providing any evidence or proof of the "hate incident" that occurred. Maybe to prove what a bad idea Brexit was, and how homo/xeno/Islamo/negro/whatever-o-phobic the Brexit supporters are.

    I could totally lie and report you for a hate crime now by taking 2 minutes to fill out this form, and it would show up as a post-brexit rise in hate crimes. https://secure.met.police.uk/hatecri...x.php?rid=2924. It's meaningless.

    The rise in actual crime isn't nearly as sensational as your article would lead one to believe: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...police-figures.

  11. #1536
    verbose douchebag
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Lyon, France
    Cool, you don't know or care - I can just ignore you then.

  12. #1537
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Whatever. Brexit won, Trump won, and at this rate you can probably look forward to President Le Pen and Frexit next year.

  13. #1538
    verbose douchebag
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Lyon, France
    Maybe, won't change if those are events to be celebrated or not. Any idea who was elected in Germany in 1933?

    Sometimes the majority are just dicks.

  14. #1539
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Location: Chicago, IL
    faetal, people like you will always paint anyone to the right of Lenin as LITERALLY HITLER. At this point we just roll our eyes and tune out silly stuff like that.

    On my "shitty opinion"...not wanting to be colonized is bigotry now? Have you told the Cherokee about this? Europe is being invaded and colonized by an alien religion and culture. You will either begin to fight them and kick them out soon, or you will lose your lands for all time.

    I'm just happy the USA has taken the first step to resist. Many more steps will have to be taken though. Can't get complacent now.

  15. #1540
    verbose douchebag
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Lyon, France
    What? I was referring to actual Hitler. Also, you don't know me, so you can't say who I am like.

    Comparisons with Hitler are of course wrong, he didn't run any campaign on a platform of increasing jobs and getting rid of minorities...

    Coming from a nation of people who colonized and nearly wiped out Native Americans, your sense of entitlement is deliciously fucked up. You are descended from immigrants fucknuts - YOU colonised America.
    Also, I've not noticed any alien invasions in Europe either. You might like to drink less coffee or maybe travel a little, broaden your horizons.

    It's great how the entire IQ of this thread has taken a huge dive since the Trump supporters started talking. I guess it illustrates the problem.

  16. #1541
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Location: Chicago, IL
    I bet the Native Americans would love to go back in time and unite to kick out the European immigrants in the 1700s hmmm?

    History teaches that if you allow mass invasion you lose your land (just ask the Native Americans). Start fighting back now before it's too late. Otherwise the mass child rapes of Rotherham and the mass murders of the Bataclan are your future, forever.

    Islam took Spain once before, it CAN happen. Wake up.

  17. #1542
    verbose douchebag
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Lyon, France
    You are a prime example of what the start of fascism looks like.
    You think that your nation is under threat from an ethnic group and that elimination of that group from your country will restore it to former greatness.
    Again, a situation not without precedent.

  18. #1543
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Location: Chicago, IL
    Umm, actually we just want to stop having a totally open border where any idiot can stroll in and get on the dole. It seems obvious to me that the people of a nation have the right to decide who is allowed in (and who is NOT allowed in).

    If we don't have that right, then who does? The UN?

  19. #1544
    verbose douchebag
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Lyon, France
    Since when does the US have open borders?

    And your spiel about invaders and alien religion and taking back the lands reeked pretty heavily of ethnic cleansing, so maybe have a think about that.

  20. #1545
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    Hey Manwe, you don't get to define which category everyone fits in to. You also don't get to decide what hate crime is. When someone spits at my wife for speaking her mother tongue in public, it is a crime derived from hate based on ethnicity. You can think and say whatever you like, I don't take it seriously because you express yourself like a wound up teenager.
    And when you insult France and the French by calling it a racist country because one person insulted your wife once, would you say that it's a "crime derived from hate based on ethnicity"? Or does it only work one way? And since you didn't answer my question regarding your income, I take it it's much higher than 10,000 a year which invalidates anything you have to say regarding oppression, minorities and suffering.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chimpy Chompy View Post
    They might do when they're not white, male, or christian.
    Bashing Christians takes a lot of courage these days, you must be proud of yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chimpy Chompy View Post
    He is however more privileged than a poor straight black guy, or a poor gay white guy.
    And you would know that because you're a poor person yourself and you've known a lot of poor people in your life? Or because you've read it in the latest issue of "Metrosexual Hipster Magazine"? In my experience racism is present in all ethnicities, races and countries.

    And in my experience racism isn't a worse crime than any other form of intolerance. The kind of intolerance which you all display on this forum on a daily basis towards people who don't share your political opinions, way of life, or way of thinking, for example.

    For some reason, I don't see anyone lifting a finger to denounce that. Seems like there's an implicit hierarchy of crimes then, with racism at the very top and bullying people with unpopular opinions at the very bottom.

    I wonder why that is? I guess it's much easier to keep banging on about racism in order to feel good about yourself. That only serves to keep racism alive by reminding black people that they're black, first and foremost, instead of being people, but who gives a shit. You get to act like a sadistic, vicious bully all the while appearing to be the good guy.
    Last edited by Manwe; 9th Nov 2016 at 13:25. Reason: Fixed the quotes

  21. #1546
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Location: Chicago, IL
    The US does not "officially" have open borders, but in practice it does under Democrat rule.

    And honestly I don't care you can call it fascism, Hitlerism, I don't give a damn. I want to live in America not Mexico. End of story.

    A) Establish borders and keep my country, but faetal calls me names.

    B) Lose my country to a human-wave swarm of colonizers but faetal smiles upon me with approval.


    HMMM WHAT SHOULD I CHOOSE?

  22. #1547
    verbose douchebag
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Lyon, France
    Quote Originally Posted by Manwe View Post
    And when you insult France and the French by calling it a racist country because one person insulted your wife once, would you say that it's a "crime derived from hate based on ethnicity"?
    If only it had just happened once. I'll modify my statement then - I find France a lot more overtly racist than the UK.

    And since you didn't answer my question regarding your income, I take it it's much higher than 10,000 a year which invalidates anything you have to say regarding oppression, minorities and suffering.
    I kind of did reply, when I said that you don't get to define what is or isn't valid. That stands.

    It's funny that you think that racism isn't worse than disagreeing with someone's political opinion on a forum - then you tell other people they don't care about oppression. Pot, kettle...

    Also, well done for mixing my comments up with someone else's.

  23. #1548
    verbose douchebag
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Lyon, France
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    The US does not "officially" have open borders, but in practice it does under Democrat rule.

    And honestly I don't care you can call it fascism, Hitlerism, I don't give a damn. I want to live in America not Mexico. End of story.

    A) Establish borders and keep my country, but faetal calls me names.

    B) Lose my country to a human-wave swarm of colonizers but faetal smiles upon me with approval.


    HMMM WHAT SHOULD I CHOOSE?
    Sounds like you chose being dumb, if I'm honest. Round of applause.

  24. #1549
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2001
    Location: Land of the crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by catbarf View Post
    And the mainstream media played right into that. All throughout the primary campaign I had a little suspicion that the MSM were building up Trump to spoil the Republican nominating process. Maybe they figured he would make a good patsy. The media and pollsters will be doing some bigtime navel gazing I think.

  25. #1550
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Location: Chicago, IL
    Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    The media and pollsters will be doing some bigtime navel gazing I think.
    LOL no. You give them way too much credit. They will just sneer at "dumb white privileged bigots" and continue to be mystified as they lose.

Page 62 of 558 FirstFirst ... 1217222732374247525758596061626364656667727782879297102107112162312 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •