TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 18.06%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

51 35.42%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

50 34.72%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.78%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.03%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    What do you mean by 'shrew', slyfoxx?
    He means that he's a misogynist twat.

Don't white knight for Vivian. She dishes out the insults, she can take a few mild ones back.

Quote Originally Posted by Manwe View Post
    Well I did tell you guys that you were living in a bubble. Welcome to the real world. Where people couldn't care less about "civil rights"(aka bullshit) because they don't have a job and don't have enough to eat.
    What an utter crock. Employment in the USA is at an all-time high, and more people have health insurance than ever before.

The biggest dilemma most Americans face is what brand of ice cream to eat while they watch baseball on their 49" TV. But apparently even that isn't a cushy enough life.

We seriously need another world war to thin out their numbers.

As for being worried about the future. We're still waiting for the apocalypse that was promised if Brexit happened. Economists say it was postponed to next year. Since I'm still alive, I'm guessing this second apocalypse was postponed as well. We now have two ends of the world to look forward to.
    Brexit hasn't happened yet, clown.

oh vivian, you sexy dinosaur expert

And you would know that because you're a poor person yourself and you've known a lot of poor people in your life? Or because you've read it in the latest issue of "Metrosexual Hipster Magazine"? In my experience racism is present in all ethnicities, races and countries.

And in my experience racism isn't a worse crime than any other form of intolerance. The kind of intolerance which you all display on this forum on a daily basis towards people who don't share your political opinions, way of life, or way of thinking, for example.

For some reason, I don't see anyone lifting a finger to denounce that. Seems like there's an implicit hierarchy of crimes then, with racism at the very top and bullying people with unpopular opinions at the very bottom.

I wonder why that is? I guess it's much easier to keep banging on about racism in order to feel good about yourself. That only serves to keep racism alive by reminding black people that they're black, first and foremost, instead of being people, but who gives a shit. You get to act like a sadistic, vicious bully all the while appearing to be the good guy.
    Actually I mostly read the daily Telegraph.

Anyway I'm not sure this is worth directly engaging with. You're making some bad parallels (people being dismissive of your opinions is not somehow the same as systematic racism) and thrashing around raging at the wrong targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxil View Post
    Whatever. Brexit won, Trump won, and at this rate you can probably look forward to President Le Pen and Frexit next year.
    Yes. Lepenization of Europe is inevitable too. General trend of populism and far-right paradigm you can't change until its supporters get what they want, there are too many of them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    Don't white knight for Vivian. She dishes out the insults, she can take a few mild ones back.
    I'm a man.

Seriously though, 'shrew'. If by that you mean 'insubordinate female', you might be a tool?

Did the "you sexist wanker" part trip off the irony alarm?

Edit: 'Cuz calling someone a "misogynistic twat" didn't seem to do it for SD.

Nah, I just prefer to avoid direct insults if possible. Bit rude innit. Now I'm just implying it.

Irony alarm? Wanker isnt specific to men, if that's what you are getting at?

No gloating from Vae today? I'm shocked. I suppose though it's only a matter of time.

Mea culpa, assumed it was related to male genitalia. Learn something new every day. I rather like the word "shrew", and think it applies to Hillary (and Ann Coulter, Laura Ingram, Elizabeth Warren, and many others) perfectly. Shrew: a bad-tempered or aggressively assertive woman. It's about personality, not sex, even though it's applied only to females. In my mind and usage, "asshole" is the male equivalent.

It's got slightly sexist overtones though, given the Shakespearean root. There's something of 'women who don't know their place' to it. Whereas 'hilary is an arsehole' is nice and gender-neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by 242 View Post
    Yes. Lepenization of Europe is inevitable too. General trend of populism and far-right paradigm you can't change until its supporters get what they want, there are too many of them right now.
    I was blindsided by Brexit but expected today's outcome (still stunned that it actually happened though), and I'm certainly being very anxious about next year's election. I really, really hope we have enough time to avoid a similar debacle.
    Last edited by raph; 9th Nov 2016 at 12:35.

Quote Originally Posted by SD View Post
    What an utter crock. Employment in the USA is at an all-time high, and more people have health insurance than ever before.

The biggest dilemma most Americans face is what brand of ice cream to eat while they watch baseball on their 49" TV. But apparently even that isn't a cushy enough life.

We seriously need another world war to thin out their numbers.
    No, things are not so rosy here. You're making the same mistake Obama and Clinton did, looking at a couple of aggregate numbers and ignoring the half of the population that are barely scraping by or not even.

The unemployment rate is down, but the labor force participation rate in the US is at its lowest point since 1977. A lot of people stopped actively seeking employment during the recession and haven't gotten back in the job market yet. And a lot of people were pushed into early retirement. Also, there are tons of people who have part-time employment but want full time employment, especially in service jobs like retail and hospitality where most full time jobs have been converted to part time. Wages paid for those jobs are not enough to live on. And in a lot of cases, people can't take on multiple part-time jobs even if they wanted to because their employer changes their hours every week. And housing prices are rapidly inflating again, especially in the rental market of major cities. And health care costs are still inflating out of control. Household debt is still very high at ~75% of GDP. The poverty rate is still near its recession peak. There's still half a million homeless.

Looks like orange is the new black.

Too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    The unemployment rate is down, but the labor force participation rate in the US is at its lowest point since 1977. A lot of people stopped actively seeking employment during the recession and haven't gotten back in the job market yet. And a lot of people were pushed into early retirement. Also, there are tons of people who have part-time employment but want full time employment, especially in service jobs like retail and hospitality where most full time jobs have been converted to part time. Wages paid for those jobs are not enough to live on. And in a lot of cases, people can't take on multiple part-time jobs even if they wanted to because their employer changes their hours every week. And housing prices are rapidly inflating again, especially in the rental market of major cities. And health care costs are still inflating out of control. Household debt is still very high at ~75% of GDP. The poverty rate is still near its recession peak. There's still half a million homeless.
    In addition to this, the soaring cost of education combined with high property values and stagnating wages means that the youngest part of the skilled workforce is saddled with massive educational debt, and rather than buying a house and becoming the American middle class is stuck renting and pinching pennies to repay loans. Not only is there a problem right now, but the middle class is disappearing and it's only going to get worse without serious course correction. It's not all doom and gloom but the idea that most Americans have it better now than ever before is absolutely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    No gloating from Vae today? I'm shocked. I suppose though it's only a matter of time.
    I dont think that gloating is what Vae would be doing. Im sure he is moving on, like we all should do! My personal hope is that he is preparing a massive new thread for the unprecedented election results!

Here's what Donald Trump had to say about the notion of a president elect losing the popular vote - when it wasn't him:

Anyone want to bet on Trump taking the high road now that the shoe's on his foot?

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by catbarf View Post
    In addition to this, the soaring cost of education combined with high property values and stagnating wages means that the youngest part of the skilled workforce is saddled with massive educational debt, and rather than buying a house and becoming the American middle class is stuck renting and pinching pennies to repay loans. Not only is there a problem right now, but the middle class is disappearing and it's only going to get worse without serious course correction. It's not all doom and gloom but the idea that most Americans have it better now than ever before is absolutely wrong.
    It's a global trend and it won't go away so long as the prevailing economic model is based on investment banking. There is no political answer past sticking plasters, usually involving upping the national debt.

Basically the first thing that came to my mind after waking up to the news today:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV0I-iA5lJU

Quote Originally Posted by SD View Post
    He means that he's a misogynist twat.
    I think I heard a distant gurgle from a far-off septic tank.

All is as has been foretold in the ancient scripts.

Oh man, the peso dropped like a rock thrown off a giant Mexican border wall.

The wall just got 10 feet higher. %)

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    No gloating from Vae today? I'm shocked.
    No need for gloating, when everyone knows what happened here.

But I'll tell you this, brother...One must have an objective mind in order to see into the future.

Remember this, the next time you doubt me.

Moderator and Priest
    That's so sanctimonious, it made my teeth hurt, Vae. It made me want to punch myself in the face after reading it.

But I can't do it.

...cuz I'd rather punch you.
    Last edited by Renzatic; 9th Nov 2016 at 22:07.

Page 63 of 558 FirstFirst ... 1318232833384348535859606162636465666768737883889398103108113163313 ... LastLast