TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

    31 19.25%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

    54 33.54%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

    51 31.68%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

    5 3.11%
  • I don't know what's going on!

    20 12.42%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dumped! ✮✮✮

  1. #15801
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2010
    I have a feeling that the above "chan post" was made by a CTR \ Media Matters employee trying to make themselves feel better about
    arranging a honey-pot for possibly innocent Trump supporters.

    Since Project Veritas showed that the DNC was not above "bird dogging" tactics, who knows how many average conservatives followed some pied-piper
    from a DNC propaganda group to arrive where Nazis (etc) were conveniently ready for photo ops that were akin to propaganda paintings.

    Joe just wants lower taxes and somehow he has no idea that NBC is gonna show his photo next to a tiki-torch wielding weirdo who later is revealed to be a Nazi.
    (And if you follow long enough, this Nazi is really a DNC \ Media Matters for America employee...) Now Joe "cancelled" and unemployed.

    Disgusting.

    There should be laws against this type of "political entrapment".

  2. #15802
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2004
    So, he loses the election, 2 weeks left in his term, and we still can't be certain whether 1 Term or 1st Term Impeachment is the correct prediction. It's honestly kind of impressive - in politics, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory happens. But this guy is trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of another defeat.

  3. #15803
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Apparently McConnell has made it clear that if another impeachment occurs, the Senate trial will take place mostly in Biden's term.

  4. #15804
    ZylonBane
    Registered: Sep 2000
    Location: ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by nbohr1more View Post
    Since Project Veritas showed that the DNC was not above "bird dogging" tactics, who knows how many average conservatives followed some pied-piper
    Have you always been this much of a credulous moron, or is this some sort of performance art piece you decided to do?

  5. #15805
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Have you always been this much of a credulous moron, or is this some sort of performance art piece you decided to do?
    https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/37101

    DKIM signatures don't lie.

    Robbie Mook claimed that Bob Creamer had "no relationship" with the Clinton campaign.

    Why did he lie?

    Given the shit the Clinton campaign pulled on Bernie, I have no doubt that Veritas captured authentic campaign behaviour in their sting videos.

  6. #15806
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    Quote Originally Posted by nbohr1more View Post
    There should be laws against this type of "political entrapment".
    For what it's worth, peaceful protest should always be legal and unpunished in the US no matter what it's for. Hell the ACLU went to the Supreme Court to make sure neo-nazis could legally march in a Jewish neighborhood in Skokie, Illinois and won (only granting that people who disagree have their own right to be rightfully disgusted and vehemently disagree.) I was kind of assuming the guy's picture would have been taken inside the Capitol, where we saw people milling around inside not sure what they were doing there, which is going to be a crime one way or another no matter what.

  7. #15807
    Member
    Registered: May 2001
    Location: Carlisle, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by nbohr1more View Post
    When the courts refuse to hear the cases because they Judges, Special Prosecutors, etc are appointed by political parties apposed to the President of course they will fail.
    How thick are you?
    You are such an apologist for what you claim to not support. You actually believe that all of the 60+ failed lawsuits only failed because of corruption or politics. Jesus Christ. Occam's Razor be damned. And you imply that I am thick? I understand why you have been blocked and ignored by many here. I have been lurking here for 20 years, and normally only rarely post in Thief fan mission threads, but your illogical interjections goaded me into response. I was mistaken to believe that you might be a rational, critical thinker. Your self-righteous condescension is not nearly opaque enough to hide your narcissism and ignorance.

    I guess the rules should be changed because...Trump can't win while following them. Because everyone ELSE is corrupt. Not because his assertions are fantastical lies created to protect his fragile little ego. Trump has long screamed the false narrative that he is a victim. And here you perpetuate that falsehood, because you are so neutral. Everyone picked on Baby Donnie. They all cheated and stole what is rightfully his.

    Derp.

    For the record, I am an independent and voted third party in 2016 and 2020, and I abstained in 2012. I vote by candidate, not party.

  8. #15808
    Member
    Registered: May 2001
    Location: Carlisle, PA
    To add, if this election was "stolen" as the brainless GOP sheep believe, it would be the most successful conspiracy in the history of mankind...orchestrated by "libtards." Reconcile that.

  9. #15809
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    ...the courts refuse to hear the cases because they Judges, Special Prosecutors, etc are appointed by political parties apposed to the President...
    Such B.S.. A lot of the judges involved were literally appointed by Trump himself. And in all cases, the courts laid out exactly why the cases were thrown out. Sometimes lack of standing, but mostly lack of evidence.

  10. #15810
    BANNED
    Registered: Dec 1999
    Location: Idiocy will never die
    Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    What needs to be shown as untrue now?
    I'm still waiting.

  11. #15811
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Additional victims of the assault on the Capitol step forward:

    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ext-job-456315

    [...]
    “The people who this is hardest on, aside from obviously the people in the Capitol and the police and the people who were hurt, are the people who have staked their reputations and their political, financial and career fortunes on defending the president and he’s just made it harder on us,” said one lower-level Trump administration official.

    Reputational concern was just one of a variety of emotions that percolated among White House aides in the aftermath of the rioting. Throughout the administration, officials weighed whether to resign after watching the president encourage protestors to march to the Capitol.

    Some Trump aides scoffed at those who chose to leave, arguing that to work for Trump is to know and endure scandal.

    “I personally think Charlottesville was worse than what happened yesterday and if you didn’t resign after that, it’s kind of a chickenshit move to do it 14 days before the transfer of power,” said a senior Trump administration official. “It shows a lot of selfishness. ‘Let’s make it about me. I’m resigning because I don’t like what happened.’”
    [...]

  12. #15812
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    By the way, quick point of procedure ITT, it should be pointed out that it appears Trump's 2nd impeachment is gonna be fast tracked next week. It's surely going to pass the House again. The big wild card compared to the last one is how many Senate Republicans will be ready to vote to confirm it.

    It'll just take 3 GOP votes over the last one to cross the line. We've already got at least one apparently on board (Murkowski), indicative rumblings from a number of others, and since the election is over, that's one of the biggest threats to them at least pushed a lot further down the road if not quelled (if they're betting on Trump being prosecuted soon, which may change sentiment fast in this country ... or radicalize it; who can tell anything anymore?)

    Anyway, the point being, this thread's poll has not been called yet, and first term impeachment is still very much in the cards. See you mofos next week on this.

  13. #15813
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Murkowski even made some noises about switching parties.

  14. #15814
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Location: Canuckistan GWN
    This presumes that every GOP Senator attends the vote. Some might just be suddenly unavailable.

  15. #15815
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    It'll just take 3 GOP votes over the last one to cross the line.
    It's a 2/3 vote in the Senate to sustain the charges. They'll need 18 more votes than last time.

    Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    ...first term impeachment is still very much in the cards.
    McConnell says the Senate trial won't be completed before the inauguration. Trump might still get impeached and barred from further office, but I don't think first term impeachment removal is in the cards if McConnell's not on board to rush it through.

  16. #15816
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    Ah, thank you for following up on that. 2/3 isn't out of the question now either. I was just watching that video where they were chanting "hang Mike Pence!", and probably some Rep Senators will also realize they were on a hit list when that mob broke in.

    I think there's enough interpretive room in the term "first term impeachment" for an impeachment process after the inauguration, if you had to pick a category for it. It's certainly not a 2nd term impeachment, it's still an impeachment, and it was for actions taken in the first term. I guess we'll cross that bridge if we get there.

  17. #15817
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2006
    Location: Berghem Haven
    Quote Originally Posted by nbohr1more View Post
    4) Qanon ( Trump was hired by the military to help oust bad actors from the CIA and their friends in the Deep State)
    So there are 2 Deep States
    'cause "military hiring a president" sounds like THE essence of the "Deep State" notion to me.

    And the really dangerous incarnation.
    Last edited by lowenz; 9th Jan 2021 at 06:51.

  18. #15818
    LittleFlower
    Registered: Jul 2001
    Location: Netherlands
    I wonder if someone can use this week's events to create some structural change in the US. Right now, this century, the last 20-25 years, the US is on a path to self-implode. How can that be changed? Is it possible?

    I think one of the biggest problems is the 2-party system. It encourages each party to take in all the allies they can get. Including the bad apples. Once a terrible politician is inside one of the 2 parties, he has a safe-haven. You want multiple parties, so it is clear what each of those parties want and strive for. Maybe a dozen or more. I think the evangelicals should have their own party. Bernie Sanders should have had his own party. The tea-party should have been its own independent party. The federal government is then formed by a coalition of a majority of those parties. Just like we do in so many other countries. The President can be chosen by your parliament. Or there can be separate elections for the position of president, with multiple candidates. More than 2 in any case, preferably one per party.

    To allow the creation and growth of new parties, you need to get rid of the "winner takes all" system. No electoral college. One woman or man, one vote. No electoral thresholds. So the smallest parties can take part in election, and have a change to win one seat. And then grow from there.

    I understand that the Republicans don't want this. They will lose direct power immediately, when the "winner takes all" system is gone. They will lose power immediately when their gerrymandering is removed. In the long term, they'll lose more power, because other conservative parties will pop up. But that will be true for the Democrats too. In the end, the power will be shared, by 2 or more parties that will form a coalition.

    A system with many parties might also reduce partisanship (political polarization). Right now, it is easy to yell "you don't agree with my plans, because you are part of the enemy party". When you have a dozen parties, some working together, some being closer to each other, but not the same, it will be much harder to draw a thick line in the sand.

    Another effect would be that it will be much harder to manipulate half the country with false news, bigoted news, propaganda. During the last 25 years, Fox News has been the Republicans' propaganda machine. They picked a party, and pushed it full force. This means they calculated that they would lose the other half of the country as customers/market. They didn't care, because having the Republican half of the population as market is enough. Suppose there are 12 parties. Are you gonna do the same trick? Pick one party, push it. And lose the other 11 parties? That's financial suicide (at least for a large company). Also, if you, and your party lie, there will be 11 other parties (and news agencies) going against that lie. It's no longer one against one. It no longer "both parties are equally bad". With a dozen parties, you can't play these dirty tricks anymore.

    Normally this would never happen. But the recent events might be enough motivation to actually change politics. The 70 million voters who are willing to vote for a fascist are still there. They don't go away. How do you change their minds? How do you soften the situation? How do you de-polarize US politics?

    I think a multi-party system would be the best step towards that. And maybe the easiest step to achieve. You don't need to change all the state-level stuff (governors, judges, etc). You only need change at the federal level. You can steal (the best) ideas from other countries. Technically it's doable. Doesn't even cost a lot of money. There only needs to be a political will to do it.
    Last edited by Gryzemuis; 9th Jan 2021 at 08:10.

  19. #15819
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Ireland
    As I mentioned before, they'd need some kind of transferable or run-off voting for that to work, otherwise people would still be forced to vote for the two large parties because any other vote would be wasted.

  20. #15820
    BANNED
    Registered: Dec 1999
    Location: Idiocy will never die
    Quote Originally Posted by nbohr1more View Post
    This is a bad faith argument.

    The Trump team claims their evidence is true and is asking for a "good faith" effort to examine it.

    You do not even need the accused to be present.

    Get computer scientists, IT workers, NSA personnel, and mathematicians into the room with the evidence and validate it the truth\falsehood of it digitally.
    Wait, you're not STILL suggesting the election was rigged, are you?

  21. #15821
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by That Miserable Thief View Post
    You are such an apologist for what you claim to not support. You actually believe that all of the 60+ failed lawsuits only failed because of corruption or politics. Jesus Christ. Occam's Razor be damned. And you imply that I am thick? I understand why you have been blocked and ignored by many here. I have been lurking here for 20 years, and normally only rarely post in Thief fan mission threads, but your illogical interjections goaded me into response. I was mistaken to believe that you might be a rational, critical thinker. Your self-righteous condescension is not nearly opaque enough to hide your narcissism and ignorance.

    I guess the rules should be changed because...Trump can't win while following them. Because everyone ELSE is corrupt. Not because his assertions are fantastical lies created to protect his fragile little ego. Trump has long screamed the false narrative that he is a victim. And here you perpetuate that falsehood, because you are so neutral. Everyone picked on Baby Donnie. They all cheated and stole what is rightfully his.

    Derp.

    For the record, I am an independent and voted third party in 2016 and 2020, and I abstained in 2012. I vote by candidate, not party.
    This is just plain shilling.

    Go case by case and you will see that some lawsuits were "lost" because the Trump team dropped them because there would not be enough votes and the legal
    theory that "some fraudulent votes means there is an overall problem" was rejected by higher courts even though there was a SCOTUS precedent for such a lawsuit.

    Again, pay attention to who those higher courts are in relation to the Trump team.

    Nah, just believe your MSM narratives written by the CIA.

  22. #15822
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by That Miserable Thief View Post
    To add, if this election was "stolen" as the brainless GOP sheep believe, it would be the most successful conspiracy in the history of mankind...orchestrated by "libtards." Reconcile that.
    Not "libtards", CIA orchestrated just as the CIA has done in MANY other countries.

  23. #15823
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    Wait, you're not STILL suggesting the election was rigged, are you?
    I will believe that the election was rigged by the CIA until the cyber forensics are "credibly" debunked.

    I don't want to hear all the political pundits and legal analysts.

    Get me an army Computer Scientists and then tell me that the Trump team claims, the claims of the head of the US Army Cyberwarfare division, etc are false.


    Just as with the former head of the NSA "Bill Binney", nobody has credibly "debunked" his forensic analysis of the DNC leak files.


    I am just sick of being lied to by the media.


    Put computer specialists on my TV, Radio, Print Media, and Internet and tell "non technical" people who aren't scientists to shut up for a few seconds.

  24. #15824
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2006
    Location: Berghem Haven
    Why? Computer Scientists are honest not-politically-biased people by default?
    They are mean as the other people, and they love money too.

    NOOB for more?

  25. #15825
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    It is not that easy and it would not necessarily solve any problems. If you got an hour and a half, there was an open lecture last month that went some ways into the structural problems that have caused the political system to deteriorate in the last few decades.

    Last edited by Starker; 9th Jan 2021 at 10:02.

Page 633 of 651 FirstFirst ... 133383533583588593598603608613618623628629630631632633634635636637638643648 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •