TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

31 19.25%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

54 33.54%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

51 31.68%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

5 3.11%
  • I don't know what's going on!

20 12.42%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dumped! ✮✮✮

Apparently, secret service agents who guarded Jarvanka weren't allowed to use their bathrooms:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...vice-bathrooms

According to the Washington Post the president’s daughter and her top White House adviser spouse have apparently exiled the squad of men and women assigned to keep them from harm’s way from using the toilets in their sprawling Washington DC mansion.

“Instructed not to use any of the half-dozen bathrooms inside the couple’s house, the Secret Service detail assigned to President Trump’s daughter and son-in-law spent months searching for a reliable restroom to use on the job,” the paper reported, citing neighbors and law enforcement official.

It quoted one law enforcement official as saying: “It’s the first time I ever heard of a Secret Service detail having to go to these extremes to find a bathroom.”

It added that Secret Service members in the couple’s detail who were desperate to relieve themselves had resorted to a porta-potty, as well as bathrooms at the homes of Barack Obama and Vice-President Mike Pence.

The solution to the problem was not a cheap one. Since September 2017, the paper reported, the federal government rented the stricken Secret Service members a basement studio with a bathroom for the purposes of them going to the loo. The cost to taxpayers? Some $3,000 a month.
    [...]

Washington post has an account of the attack on the Capitol as seen from the police officers' point of view:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...-capitol-riot/

The officers at the West Terrace eventually pushed people away from the doors. It was only then that Fanone saw the immense, volatile crowd stretched out in front of him and realized what police were up against.

“We weren’t battling 50 or 60 rioters in this tunnel,” he said in the first public account from D.C. police officers who fought to protect the Capitol during last week’s siege. “We were battling 15,000 people. It looked like a medieval battle scene.”

Someone in the crowd grabbed Fanone’s helmet, pulled him to the ground and dragged him on his stomach down a set of steps. At around the same time, police said, the crowd pulled a second officer down the stairs. Police said that chaotic and violent scene was captured in a video that would later spread widely on the Internet.

Rioters swarmed, battering the officers with metal pipes peeled from scaffolding and a pole with an American flag attached, police said. Both were struck with stun guns. Fanone suffered a mild heart attack and drifted in and out of consciousness.

All the while, the mob was chanting “U.S.A.” over and over and over again.

“We got one! We got one!” Fanone said he heard rioters shout. “Kill him with his own gun!”
    A disheveled angry crowd beating a fallen police officer with an American flag while chanting, "USA!" Here's your summary in one picture, Gryzemuis. A shitshow and an embarrassment.

LittleFlower
    Yes, that is a powerful picture.
    But when we're talking about just words, this sentence keeps popping up in my head:

Anything Trump touches, dies.
    I didn't come up with that myself, of course. I read it somewhere, a while ago. I doubt anyone can come up with a better summary of 4 or 5 years of Trump. Just 4 words.
    Last edited by Gryzemuis; 16th Jan 2021 at 18:07.

It's the title of a book by Rick Wilson, one of the nastiest and most effective GOP operatives that became a Never Trumper in 2015 and worked to defeat him in Republican primaries and beyond as part of the Lincoln Project. I've read quite a few of his columns in The Daily Beast and he's really got a way with words. He's quite a frequent guest on US news shows as well, probably on account of him being able to deliver good sound bites at the drop of a hat.

Anyway, here's a Norwegian artist's take on this:

Last edited by Starker; 16th Jan 2021 at 20:39.

ZylonBane
    Interesting. I didn't know Norwegian toilets were powered by bees.

The petite bourgeoisie of Lord Dampnut's supporters (that is, most of them) would have you know that they would like a pardon delivered to them ASAP, because they don't feel like they have done anything wrong and they deserve to get one and this whole affair of them being arrested and facing prison has been most unbecoming. Has anybody ever been so put upon as this?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...r-pardon-video

When you're impeached & can't tweet no more...

BANNED
    This again?

Memes are about the dullest thing on earth right now. Between social media, WhatsApp groups, forums, news sites - they're recycled ad nausea.

BANNED
    Anyway...

With all the security being mustered for the inauguration does anyone now think there is any chance of real violence?

I wouldn't put a sniper attempt on the incoming president past these nutters.

Speaking of that...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...trump-twitter/

Online misinformation about election fraud plunged 73 percent after several social media sites suspended President Trump and key allies last week, research firm Zignal Labs has found, underscoring the power of tech companies to limit the falsehoods poisoning public debate when they act aggressively.

The new research by the San Francisco-based analytics firm reported that conversations about election fraud dropped from 2.5 million mentions to 688,000 mentions across several social media sites in the week after Trump was banned from Twitter.
    [...]

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    Memes are about the dullest thing on earth right now.
    No you?

Everything we're saying at every moment has already been said.
    Time, progress, and original content are illusions.
    All we have is this moment, recycled as it is.

Will there be violence on inauguration day? Considering local cultists are organizing protests at literally every state capital and for all I know county seats, and when even "moderate" voices are saying the violence at the nation's Capitol itself wasn't a big deal, I think it's inevitable some of them are going to go apeshit with AR-15s. I'm unhappy about it, but I'd wager it's more likely than not.

BANNED
    Who are they going to be shooting at though?

Fuck if I know. They want the states to post hoc decertify their electoral votes or something like that, but they themselves may not even understand what they want, so they just want to find some symbol of government authority and throw some kind of inchoate rage at it. Not even sure it matters if it's state vs. federal--something they used to say they care about--but I think many think their own state gov'ts stabbed them in the back. Honestly, I don't know what they're thinking; only that I read people are gathering at state capitals to protest.

This is what I'm looking at on FB right this second, and this is just a normal run-of-the-mill (bottom quarter) high school acquaintance, right-leaning sure but not like a mentally ill crackpot or anything. I always figure whatever this kind of demographic is saying is pretty representative of the inertia on the right right now.

Quote Originally Posted by My FB page
    RW
    This is starting of communism
    · 18m

TD
    and a civil war. It's all BS. It's time Texas stands on its own! Kick out all the communists shit and stand for God, Guns, and Country like we were brought up on.
    · 14m

RW
    Yes sir if your not with God your a comi
    · 12m

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/16/u...rnd/index.html

Some asshole carved the word 'Trump' into a manatee's back. I have no idea if it was actually a Trump supporter but whoever it was, was an asshole, and there's several rewards up to catch the person.

Looks like it just has some algae scraped off. They can have quite a thick carpet of it.

One of my highschool teachers who is not even that outspoken about not liking Trump had the American flag she had flying at her house swiped today, where they had to basically cut the pole to take it. I don't know anyone that's more patriotic than her, so it's kind of unreal.

Even though it's a small thing, for some reason it speaks of some kind of deep level of rage that feels like it's getting ready to bubble over. It's like the guy in the video beating a Capitol guard with a flag. What kind of messed up movement vandalizes US flags in the name of their "patriotism"?

Has there even been a more thorough propaganda campaign, than the one they used against the "communists"?
    Even decades after the fall of the USSR, people are still terrified of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    The petite bourgeoisie of Lord Dampnut's supporters (that is, most of them) would have you know that they would like a pardon delivered to them ASAP, because they don't feel like they have done anything wrong and they deserve to get one and this whole affair of them being arrested and facing prison has been most unbecoming. Has anybody ever been so put upon as this?

Whoops!

Taking the Death Toll
    This again?

Memes are about the dullest thing on earth right now. Between social media, WhatsApp groups, forums, news sites - they're recycled ad nausea.
    Get off the internet then.

I think memes can occasionally be funny, but people who only post them and no other content aren't. Demagogue certainly isn't one of them, though.

I need cheap memes to offset the walls of bloated text and bring me back to responsible posting parity.

Washington post has an account of the attack on the Capitol as seen from the police officers' point of view:

A disheveled angry crowd beating a fallen police officer with an American flag while chanting, "USA!" Here's your summary in one picture, Gryzemuis. A shitshow and an embarrassment.
    As inexcusable as the whole thing is, this is clearly a case of mass psychosis. Trump and Guiliani are primarily responsible for setting the whole train in motion. Sure they can claim that they had "no idea" that the people would end up responding like that. But it's the fact that they had no idea that is why they're constitutionally unfit for leadership positions.

Anyway...

With all the security being mustered for the inauguration does anyone now think there is any chance of real violence?

I wouldn't put a sniper attempt on the incoming president past these nutters.
    They're worried that someone in the armed forces / national guard might be a red pilled loonie. With 25000 troops in attendance it'll be the main concern.

Yeah I don't like to use the phrase that much but Colbert nailed it when he said "white privilege" on his show. Lilly white right wingers getting surprised that laws apply to them is almost the textbook definition. I like how the woman in the video praises the arresting officers for being "very professional". White Privilege again. Imagine the shit they'd do to insurrectionists who happen to be black. Remember Trump tear-gassing protestors including members of the clergy so he could get a photo op at that church.

We'll see how the president goes with pardons and how the conspiracy theorists will spin things after that. They'll probably cut off the incriminated fools completely as fake news.
    Last edited by Cipheron; 18th Jan 2021 at 06:51.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    I need cheap memes to offset the walls of bloated text and bring me back to responsible posting parity.
    Why? It's always a pleasure to read you!

LittleFlower
    Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    You're welcome.

I think meme's that are just a picture of some text suck.
    So here's one that is not only text.

Last edited by Gryzemuis; 18th Jan 2021 at 08:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipheron View Post
    As inexcusable as the whole thing is, this is clearly a case of mass psychosis. Trump and Guiliani are primarily responsible for setting the whole train in motion. Sure they can claim that they had "no idea" that the people would end up responding like that. But it's the fact that they had no idea that is why they're constitutionally unfit for leadership positions.
    At the minimum, Lord Dampnut let the Capitol be attacked and taken by hostile forces under his watch. Imagine, just for a moment, what the response would be if Obama had egged BLM protestors to march on the Capitol and then sat back and watched the unfolding chaos on TV and cheered them on as they ransacked the building and killed cops. Given the frenzy they went into over things like a tan suit, I think we all know the frothing apoplectic rage right wing media channels would have been wallowing in.

I mean, here's just a snapshot of the crimes Obama committed in their eyes (that were perfectly fine and even laudable for Republican presidents):

Page 639 of 650 FirstFirst ... 139389539589594599604609614619624629634635636637638639640641642643644649 ... LastLast