TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

31 19.14%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

55 33.95%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

51 31.48%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

5 3.09%
  • I don't know what's going on!

20 12.35%
Page 659 of 661 FirstFirst ... 159409559609614619624629634639644649654655656657658659660661 LastLast
Results 16,451 to 16,475 of 16510

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dumped! ✮✮✮

verbose douchebag
    Jesus Christ, it's like a chunk of humanity developed a weird psychosis where they don't know they're LARPing Deus Ex.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipheron View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/gop-rep-ten...pshire-1637280

GOP Rep. Who Shared Claims of Tentacled Creatures in COVID Vaccines Quits Panels

A New Hampshire Republican who disseminated a document claiming COVID-19 vaccines contained tentacled creatures that enter the human body has resigned from two committees of the state's legislature.

State Representative Ken Wyler has stepped down as a member of the House Finance and Joint Legislative Fiscal committees following criticism from Republican Governor Chris Sununu and Democrats.

Wyler said he had not read the entire 52-page document, which he sent to colleagues on the fiscal via email, and acknowledged that it contained "conspiracy material."

The document, entitled The Vaccine Death Report, contained a number of false and conspiratorial claims, including that governments want to "steal our very own thoughts and feelings through 5G" and references about the Roman Catholic Church's supposedly evil "Black Pope" and "Grey Pope."

Perhaps the most outrageous section was entitled "CREATURE WITH TENTACLES."

The document claims that scientist describes seeing "a living organism with tentacles. This creature moves around, lifts itself up, and even seems to be self-aware" when the vaccine is viewed under the microscope.

"The sight of this and the thought that these unknown, octopus-like creatures are being injected into millions of children worldwide, caused [the doctor] to weep," the document said.
    I'm familiar with Ken Weyler because he's been in the State Legislature for a long time and has a history of making irrational or profoundly ignorant statements. A couple weeks before he emailed around The Vaccine Death Report, he got into an argument in a committee meeting with the state's HHS head where he went off on a more general conspiracy rant. It got him a lot of bad publicity, so it was a little surprising to see him double down with the email.

This little state has 400 House members and some of the more populous districts select up to 10 or 11 members, so we're used to seeing some kooks sneak in on the down ballot. It happens when the Democrats win too. But people like Weyler used to be kept on the sidelines where he wouldn't embarrass the party. That's changed. The crazy wing of the party is where all the energy and motivation is now, so even if they don't represent a majority of Republicans they are driving the party.

We have a Republican governor here, and thankfully he is rational. But he's having a hard time holding back the crazy wing. They whipped themselves into a fervor and have gotten powerful enough that the governor has to sometimes throw them a bone or send a conservative virtual signal to prevent a revolt.

Thanks, that's interesting context on New Hampshire. I've been reading recently that it's an odd enclave of Republicanism especially for the Northeast.

other news is that Trump is attacking Colin Powell now because he's upset that there has been an outpouring of tributes for the man following his death from Covid complications. CNN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90LdVlPN8Ig

The real story is that narcissist Trump can't handle that someone else is getting a moment in the spotlight, even if it's because that person is dead. Trump then made sure that the statement pivoted around to talking about himself, and ended with a link to donate money to Trump!

That's also a realization I came to surrounding Dr Fauci. Trump's rambling press conferences were deliberate - to UPSTAGE Fauci. He couldn't stand anyone else being the man of the moment. So what is otherwise incomprehensible behavior suddenly makes sense.

Trump just *straight up* has debilitating Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Someone else commented that if Trump had just backed up Fauci, and said "Trust The Plan" then every Q believer would have been out there pushing pandemic prevention, and Trump would have *sailed home* to win the election. But Trump's mental illness didn't allow him to do that. In fact, I think his broader thing was he was upset at being upstaged - BY COVID.

And even now, the whole election fraud thing is much more likely to torpedo a Trump comeback as it is to help. trump can't let any grievance go. that's who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    Jesus Christ, it's like a chunk of humanity developed a weird psychosis where they don't know they're LARPing Deus Ex.
    .....and Mirror's Edge Catalyst (5G antennas to control microfluidic chips, etc.)
    Last edited by lowenz; 20th Oct 2021 at 07:24.

Obvious narcissism aside, I think Trump deliberately tries to consume all the air in the room as a strategy.

You know how he's going to be all over the campaign trail next year trying to make the mid-terms all about him vs. Biden again.

It's hard to predict whether the party will stick with him all the way to the next Presidential primary. Depends on the outcome of next year's elections I suppose.

On that segueway, new politico article about Arizona candidates for next year:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/1...-fringe-516322

As the party hardens around its fealty to former President Donald Trump, the GOP is filling up its midterm ballot with a roster of conspiracy theorists and extremists that could threaten the party’s prospects in a state that’s drifted leftward in recent elections.

The latest of those candidates is Ron Watkins, a celebrity in the QAnon conspiracy world suspected of being Q, who announced his plans to run for Congress last week.

It isn’t just that Watkins embraces the baseless claim that the November election was stolen. It’s that an entire ticket is running on that falsehood now. The state’s congressional delegation features Rep. Paul Gosar, who spoke earlier this year at a conference organized by a white nationalist, and Rep. Andy Biggs, who falsely maintains “we don’t know” who won the presidential election in Arizona.

State Rep. Mark Finchem, one of the chief proponents of the discredited post-election ballot review in Arizona, has been endorsed by Trump in his bid for secretary of state. And Kari Lake, the former TV anchor who has become a frontrunner for governor, still insists Trump carried the state and said recently that she would not have certified the 2020 election.

“The goalposts keep moving,” said Bill Gates, a Republican Maricopa County supervisor. “It used to be that we got into genuine debates about whether you’re more of a conservative or a moderate. We used to debate over ideology. And now it is how far you can go down the rabbit hole of conspiracy theories. And if you’re unwilling to do it, it doesn’t matter if you’re pro-life, if you’ve never voted for a tax increase. It doesn’t matter. It’s all about going deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole, unfortunately.”
    I'm not sure this is can even be boiled down to a question of whether Republicans will even support or drop Trump any more. The real question right now is how much this surge actually eats away at the Republicans like a cancer and how much that mestatisizes to infecting the rest of America.
    Last edited by Cipheron; 20th Oct 2021 at 18:31.

The USA seems to be headed to a situation where either the great experiment will end or the GOP will die. Let's hope it is the latter.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/polit...ely-recipient/

[Texas Lt. Gov. Dan] Patrick, a Republican, promised to pay $25,000 to any tipster who came forward with evidence of real voter fraud. He cut his first check this week.
    Patrick’s five-figure payout went to a progressive poll worker in Pennsylvania whose tip led to a single conviction of illegal voting by a registered Republican.

The unexpected outcome reveals the political dangers of cash bounties. With few strings attached, and more cases of alleged GOP voting fraud still in Pennsylvania courts, Patrick may be asked to shell out even more cash to his opponents.

Hoist on his own petard.

I'm impressed he actually paid out.

His team probably figured it would be a bigger headline if he refused to pay out.

---

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/a...vid-19-2021-10

Lauren Witzke, a self-styled “Christian nationalist” who embraced QAnon and support from white supremacists, was the Delaware GOP’s candidate for Senate in 2020, receiving 186,000 votes in her failed run against Democratic incumbent Sen. Chris Coons.

In a post on Gab, a social network popular with right-wing extremists, Witzke claimed she was “recovering from this insane bio-weapon called Covid.” The 33-year-old, who has worked as a political commentator for the right-wing Christian conspiracy site TruNews, said she had decided not to tell anyone earlier so as not to alert “the shitlibs in the media.”

“This bio-weapon is demonic,” she wrote. “I’ve lost all of my senses and struggle with constant indifference, brain fog, and I’ve lost my joy.”

In posts shared on her Telegram channel, Witzke blamed TruNews for making her aware of the infection, insisting that nasal swabs were ultimately responsible for her getting COVID-19. “I’m an idiot for submitting to their demands and getting tested,” she wrote, “and yes I know I need a good husband in my life to keep me from making bad decisions.

She left the company in September.

Prior to her departure, Witzke attributed a June outbreak of COVID-19 among TruNews staff to a “demonic attack” for having hosted far-right provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos, a former Breitbart writer who now claims to be “ex-gay.”

“I don’t think it’s any coincidence that the TruNews crew all got deathly ill, got very sick, right after they brought Milo on,” she said, as reported by PinkNews.

Witzke currently works with Stew Peters, an online broadcaster who has repeatedly pushed false claims about vaccines. On his program, Witzke herself claimed that COVID-19 vaccinations were a “mass death scale injection” that would precede the end of the world.
    Last edited by Cipheron; 21st Oct 2021 at 21:56.

Well he did paint himself into a corner by insisting it be a tip leading to a conviction. And the guy that did the fraud is making it sound like he was just a dottering old man that didn't know what he was doing & thought he could vote for his absent son, so kind of an "innocent" explanation. The way they can spin it is, Patrick is holding up his side of the bargain, paying out to legit cases, but the "real problem" is that the Dems are hiding their "massive fraud", how else can you explain all of those "millions of missing votes", while they are ganging up on poor dottering individual old men on the GOP side, but see, I'm fair, I held up my end of the deal anyway.

Or something like that. It probably doesn't even matter. The T loyalists are such low information voters, all they care about is that a pay-out was made. All he needs to show is that fraud was happening & the system wasn't stopping it: "the election was fraudulent", and they don't even need get to the part about which side it was on.

The moronic defense of T's blunders I see on comments, and the passion with which they push them, is so unreal to see. The one I saw this morning, some guy was going on & on insisting "Show me one example of Trump lying. You can't even tell me a single one!" Yeah. I don't know what planet that guy is living on, but there seems to be a lot of people squatting there. They just say TDS or "Orange Man Bad" and double-down on their defenses. What a dumb timeline we live in.

Now that's payback

Lord Dampnut, not wanting to be outdone by the Taliban, announced a new social network called, and I'm not making this up, Truth.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/for...rm-2021-10-21/

[...]
    “We live in a world where the Taliban has a huge presence on Twitter, yet your favorite American President has been silenced. This is unacceptable," Trump said in a written statement included in the release.
    [...]
    As a sign of things to come, American Pravda already seems to draw controversy even before its launch:

https://slate.com/technology/2021/10...-problems.html

[...]
    Truth Social will be a lot like Twitter, with the primary interface consisting of a feed of short posts from users you follow. However, these posts will be called “truths” instead of “tweets,” and reshares will be known a “retruths.” While the platform wasn’t supposed to have its soft launch until next month, users found a way to access the site and were setting up accounts within hours of the announcement. (One vandal claimed the @donaldjtrump handle and posted a picture of a pig with extremely large testicles.) Truth Social eventually cut off access, though screenshots of the interface taken before then suggest that the platform is basically just a fork of Mastodon, the open-access software that allows users to make spinoff social media networks. Mastodon founder Eugen Rochko has said that he will be seeking legal counsel since Truth Social appears to be breaking his product’s terms of use by not sharing the code or license with the public. Truth Social’s terms further claim that the source code is proprietary, which could also violate Mastodon’s license.
    [...]
    Last edited by Starker; 22nd Oct 2021 at 08:16.

verbose douchebag
    Your favourite president
    If you have to say it yourself, you probably know it's not true.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...on-code-breach

Former President Donald Trump's new social network appears to have lifted code without attribution to Mastodon, and the open-source social network software company may be gearing up to sue.

Mastodon founder Eugen Rochko said screenshots of the TRUTH social app's open-source code, shared after a series of trolls and hackers gained access to the platform before its November 2021 release date, revealed an apparent violation of the company's requirement that customers share the code and copies of the general product license to users. Rochko indicated Mastodon may sue over the alleged breach.

"I do intend to seek legal counsel on the situation, though," he told Talking Points Memo Thursday. "Compliance with our AGPLv3 license is very important to me, as that is the sole basis upon which I and other developers are willing to give away years of work for free."
    Code theft of the entire platform shouldn't surprise anyone at this point.

I.T. : We can build the network with free software, Mr. President 45.

T***p: Can we steal the software?

I.T. : The software is free.

T***P: But we can still steal it, right?

Somebody really, really wants to become president:

The cavorting carnival of self-ownage celebrates another victory.

The shocked and surprised husband of a dead woman, whose ballot was illegally cast in the Nevada presidential election, was the alleged perpetrator of the election fraud.

LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — A Las Vegas man is accused of forging his dead wife’s signature on her ballot, mailing it in and then claiming it had been stolen, prosecutors said. The I-Team was first to report that man is now facing charges.

Rosemarie’s signature matched what Clark County officials had on records, officials said, and the vote was counted.

“That is pretty sickening to me to be honest with you,” Kirk Hartle told the I-Team in an interview last year. “It was disbelief. It made no sense to me, but it lent some credence to what you’ve been hearing in the media about these possibilities and now it makes me wonder how pervassive is this?”

“Have you started to think about the possibilities here?” the I-Team’s David Charns asked Kirk Hartle in November. “If it was taken in the mail? If it was taken from your mailbox? Have you started to think about that?”

“I’ve wondered about how that could have happened,” he said.
    Haven't we all?

DeSantis is indeed scary and he's going all in on the covid conspiracies, the same way Trump got his name out there with the Birther conspiracy. The big difference is that Trump didn't directly murder his own subordinates or supporters through Birtherism the way DeSantis is with his anti-mandate mandates.

Other news:

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...-china-1641496
    Trump ... announced Truth Social on Wednesday, vowing to "stand up to the tyranny of Big Tech." It's the result of a merger between Trump Media and Technology Group (TMTG) and Digital World Acquisition Group.
    Digital World chief executive Patrick Orlando was also listed as the CEO of China Yunhong Holdings Ltd.

The company ... has its headquarters in the Chinese city of Wuhan ...
    Imagine if that was a Hunter Biden story. The right wing would have a field day.

Meanwhile, prominent QAnons have spun this as Trump playing 5D chess above everyone's heads. Here's Praying Medic (a prominent Qfluencer):

https://gab.com/Praying-Medic/posts/107145827134281964
    "Trump taking over a Chinese company based in Wuhan and turning it into a money machine he uses to replace both the CCP owned Big Tech and Fake News is exactly the kind thing I’d expect him to do."
    Last edited by Cipheron; 23rd Oct 2021 at 12:38.

Pure blissful madness
    If they really believe in what they're saying, but no, they don't. It's a "total" travesty to steal votes of the existentially failed individuals.

They've built a cultural system based on personal failings (about impossible ambitions) to get votes from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    I.T. : We can build the network with free software, Mr. President 45.

T***p: Can we steal the software?

I.T. : The software is free.

T***P: But we can still steal it, right?

Just about his mentality, alright.....

The latest thing is that they're spinning the Alec Baldwin accidental shooting as a conspiracy by "The Cabal" to silence the woman for knowing too much.

But if the goal was a cover up, then the worst possible plan ever would be to have Alec Baldwin shoot the person on a movie set in front of hundreds of witnesses, thus ensuring worldwide media coverage.

https://teakrulos.com/2021/10/23/why...ta-conspiracy/

How about a pool where we guess how many days before a GOP representative is spouting this nonsense?

---

Also, Jan 6 allegations, organizers of the insurrection claim members of congress were working with them:
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...house-1245289/

My guess is Jim Jordan is one of them. He's been questioned in the Senate and gives the shiftiest answers ever. Recommend watching, the amount of squirming and avoiding answering the questions is great:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX4djLBWURk

---

And yet more insanity of a different type, Trumpist / conspiracy church members trying to oust established church leaders:
    https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-evangelicals/
    "The election of the elders of an evangelical church is usually an uncontroversial, even unifying event. But this summer, at an influential megachurch in Northern Virginia, something went badly wrong. A trio of elders didn't receive 75 percent of the vote, the threshold necessary to be installed," he reported before pointing out that "... church members had been misled, having been told, among other things, that the three individuals nominated to be elders would advocate selling the church building to Muslims, who would convert it into a mosque."
    Last edited by Cipheron; 25th Oct 2021 at 04:07.

https://www.independent.co.uk/climat...-b1937355.html

A Republican state legislative candidate in Virginia is being mocked on Twitter for suggesting an unscientific potential solution to rising sea levels.

“I’m curious, do you think the sea level would lower, if we just took all the boats out of the water?"
    Mr Pio is in a race with Delaware Democrat David Reid in Loudoun County in Virginia. He has worked as an organiser in former president Donald Trump’s International Rapid Response Team, a force tasked with mobilising support for the Republican leader when he golfs in Virginia.

Mr Pio was mocked by several social media users and his Democrat competitors. “This guy’s an actual candidate for the VA House of Delegates. Yes, this is today’s Republican Party for ya,” said Democratic camp’s news curator Blue Virginia.

Mr Pio defended himself: “When you take things out of bath water, the bath water decreases, does it not? Got a lot of hate from your group for asking a question about taking things out of the water. Curious when you stopped believing in pure physics? I guess you don’t believe in science experiments?”

Replace the word boats with sea ice and he might actually be on to something. But if you're going to remove sea ice, I mean, where on land would you put it? A quick bit of research says there's about 6 million square miles of Arctic sea ice at its peak (it varies seasonally between 2-6M sq. miles)*, a bit under the area of Russia.** I.e., you'd need to make a lake 90% the size of Russia. So, yeah, good luck with that.

* The reason BTW why it can vary that much over a year is that melted sea ice doesn't change sea level; melted land ice does. That's where sea level rise comes from. But if you literally removed the sea ice, that would have an effect, of course.

** You wouldn't remove the full lot of sea ice. The projection for sea level rise by 2050 is 20 cm. Then you'd compute the volume of water that is. Then you'd compute the mass of sea ice that'd represent. Then that would give you how many square miles of ice we're talking about. I'm sure it's far from the area of Russia. But I'm sure it's still a very large area.

Edit: Okay FINE. I'll try to do the math. So Google tells me that the yearly average rise in sea level is 0.8mm a year, which amounts to 75.6 trillion gallons of water or 286 gigatonnes. (By the way, sea level rise is not only from melted land ice. There's also expansion from the heat itself. But we can fudge that for now.) Anyway, so 20 cm sea level rise would then be 1.89 quadrillion gallons or 7.15 tera-tons of water. Then ice weighs 919 kilogram per cubic meter. So ... uh, if we're doing envelope math, that's in batting range of just 1 tonne of ice. So that'd give you 7.15 trillion cubic meters or 7 billion cubic km. Um. Okay, now you have to convert from cubic km to sq miles of land ice, and if it's not going into the Arctic, it's going to be a fresh water lake. Putting aside the miles to km conversion and the fact that land ice is typically in the 2-3 km thick range, it's in the neighborhood of -- sorry did I imply it was going to be less than the area of Russia? It looks like it's more in the neighborhood of 3 orders of magnitude more than the size of Russia. Now we're talking about a freshwater lake the size of ~100 Russias (or however much a square km of ice converts into a km area of a lake, er, I guess it's a freshwater sea at that point).

Is that right? Did I squeeze in any extra zeros somewhere? Anyway Google is also telling me that all boats in the world would displace ~30 million tons of water. So ... 7,150,000,000,000,000 tons of water sea level rise - 30,000,000 tons of water displaced by all boats in the world = 7,149,999,970,000,000 more tons of water to go. But the math was saying that even removing all sea ice in the world would still leave you on the order of some 100s of times short. So it's removing all sea ice and then just flat out a few 100 times more ocean water by itself and dumping it all on land.

Edit2: Wait a second, back up, Russia is 11% of total world landmass by itself. If we know that that water is going to be at least more than 1,100% world landmass (11% x 100), then there isn't even enough landmass on the world to hold all that water by at least a factor of ~10, if the whole point is to put it somewhere other than in the ocean, unless we're talking about freezing it into ice that's more than 100km thick over the whole surface...

Well, it was worth a shot!
    Last edited by demagogue; 3rd Nov 2021 at 07:40.

Page 659 of 661 FirstFirst ... 159409559609614619624629634639644649654655656657658659660661 LastLast