TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

31 18.90%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

56 34.15%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

51 31.10%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

5 3.05%
  • I don't know what's going on!

21 12.80%
Page 662 of 664 FirstFirst ... 162412562612617622627632637642647652657658659660661662663664 LastLast
Results 16,526 to 16,550 of 16594

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dumped! ✮✮✮

Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    Welcome to the world of MAGA.

As the Virginia candidate fled the center, she tried to run over Marianna's son, who was filling in at the visitor's pavilion. Nick was trying to close the front gate to prevent the candidate and her friend from leaving with Marianna's phone, which they had taken from her after knocking her to the ground outside the pavilion. All of this was caught on our security cameras, and the visitor who witnessed the attempted aggravated assault with a deadly weapon on Nick called 9-11. It took Mission Police Department more than an hour to respond...
    And it didn't start this year...

https://twitter.com/billweircnn/stat...22155475984384

Marianna Trevino-Wright is the director. For years, her biggest worries involved grant applications, milkweed and third grade field trips. Now she spends her days obsessing over Congressional stalemates, eminent domain laws and vile hate mail.

“We get a whole lot of ‘F*&% you and f%#@ your butterflies,” the mother of 6 tells me. “'You stupid liberal c*&%, I bet you aborted your baby, why else would you put butterflies above human lives? I hope MS-13 rapes you.'

”It began when she found 5 guys with chainsaws clearing the carefully maintained habitat. “I said, ‘What are you doing here?’ and they said ‘We were sent by the government to clear land between the border wall and the river.”
    Last edited by Starker; 28th Jan 2022 at 08:25.

verbose douchebag
    It's like they have a gland producing LSD and anything they can imagine immediately becomes terrifyingly real to them.

I bet some of them know it's bullshit. It's more likely just an excuse to be on their worst and justify their horrid actions. And of course then they lie and doctor photos and whatnot to whip up the more gullible among them into a frenzy. Though, who knows, maybe they eventually start to believe some of it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    I bet some of them know it's bullshit. It's more likely just an excuse to be on their worst and justify their horrid actions. And of course then they lie and doctor photos and whatnot to whip up the more gullible among them into a frenzy. Though, who knows, maybe they eventually start to believe some of it themselves.
    Yes. That's the expected dynamic and evolution.

I actually came here to post about the National Butterfly Center business

https://www.thedailybeast.com/maga-c...n-texas-border

The origin is that Trump wanted to build his wall straight through the middle of the preserve for rare butterflies, and the center took out a legal injunction to prevent it. Every since then they've been targets of MAGA conspiracy theorists including that there are dead bodies that the butterflies feed off and that it's a front for sex trafficking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipheron View Post
    Every since then they've been targets of MAGA conspiracy theorists including that there are dead bodies that the butterflies feed off and that it's a front for sex trafficking.
    There's no end of this rabbit hole. These people are really nightmare generators.

Just popping in to ask Canada wtf?
    You were supposed to be the adult on the continent.
    Now who do we look up to?

I have to guess you are referring to the "Freedom Convoy", the 10% of Canadian truckers who are more afraid of needles than dying and have no problem taking other's with them on that last long-haul. It seems that a lot of their money and immoral support is coming from groups south of the border, who represent the less progressive elements of US society. Confederate and Nazi flags have been spotted, war memorials have been desecrated and a statue Terry Fox was shown the opposite of respect.

If it is something worse than that, which has escaped my notice, please do not share it. We are humiliated enough as it is.

Who but the GOP would punish elected public servants for doing the right thing?

Well the moment has arrived. The GOP has crossed the Rubicon. The Jan 6 insurrection was "Legitimate political discourse" according to the RNC.

So we can legitimately attack the police based on legitimate political discourse?

Yeppers! Git yer gun an' gitt'er done, Son! Kill a cop fer Jesus!

I mean, the Republicans forged election documents in at least 5 states and tried to present them as authentic. At this point, they consider anything legitimate that they can get away with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    Well the moment has arrived. The GOP has crossed the Rubicon. The Jan 6 insurrection was "Legitimate political discourse" according to the RNC.
    To illustrate:

Probably been said, can't be bothered to search, but this thread will reach page 666. Might even stop there, who knows.

No I don't have a point, just felt like painting a bit.

In other news, our beloved Finland seems to be copying every phoenomena that's out there, on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean. We just had our own little Convoy. They didn't go down too quietly either. I'm not sure how to interpret all this. As entertainment? Should I take out my popcorn? Maybe just ignore it and keep making games.

There was another convoy headed to Paris but they outlawed it. Let's see if they just go home...

And it's an electoral year in France so everything is gonna get amplified 100% until the election. Yay.

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by raph View Post
    There was another convoy headed to Paris but they outlawed it. Let's see if they just go home...

And it's an electoral year in France so everything is gonna get amplified 100% until the election. Yay.
    Le Pen was uncomfortably close last time around, I have a terrible feeling about the next election.

Does that Zemmour guy actually stand a chance? He's pretty radical too.

Remember when Trump was complaining about people having to flush toilets 10-15 times?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/07/polit...ntl/index.html

Turns out, he was flushing documents down the White House toilets and clogging them:

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1491729076452827139

(And yes, presidential document destruction is illegal. But her e-mails!)

Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    Le Pen was uncomfortably close last time around, I have a terrible feeling about the next election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvester View Post
    Does that Zemmour guy actually stand a chance? He's pretty radical too.
    I don't know and to be honest at this point I've practically ran out of patience for all their circus. Zemmour and Le Pen are both despicable. Opposite that, you got the landscape on the left that's a complete disaster, and going to the right and Macron is straight out of question.

I'm seriously considering abstention, the only question is if it will be for both rounds or only the second. I'm not going to be forced into a goddamn "republican front" for the third time.

Looks like Republican legislators have found a solution to all this CRT teaching that's supposedly going on in schools:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...ooms-rcna14789

Conservative lawmakers in Iowa introduced a bill this week that would require cameras to be installed in nearly every K-12 school classroom across the state, allowing parents to see livestreams.

Teachers advocates have criticized the effort as one designed to censor classrooms and intimidate educators who focus on subjects such as race and history.

The bill is the latest to be introduced by conservative legislators in states across the U.S., including Florida, who have launched efforts against what they say is critical race theory.

The Iowa bill, H.F. 2177, would require that cameras be placed in every public school classroom in the state, except for physical education and special education classes.

The cameras would feed to livestreams that could be viewed on the internet by parents, guardians and others.

Under the bill, teachers, administrators and other school staff members who fail to keep the cameras active and in working order or who “obstruct” the camera’s views could be fined up to 5 percent of their weekly salary per infraction. The cameras would be bought with funds already allocated to school districts.

The bill, sponsored by state Rep. Norlin Mommsen, a Republican who represents a rural district in eastern Iowa, comes amid a monthslong effort by state GOP lawmakers that critics say aims to limit what is allowed to be taught in public school classrooms.

Mommsen said the primary purpose of his bill is to “increase the involvement of parents in their children’s education.”

[...]

Conservative groups that have been involved in efforts to ban the teaching of what they call critical race theory in public schools across the country have also recently proposed other bills that critics say are designed to regulate how and what educators may teach.

Meanwhile, public school administrators have been left to navigate tricky education politics intensified by state and national forces.

One such group, the Nevada Family Alliance, recently proposed placing body cameras on teachers to ensure they aren’t teaching critical race theory.

In the first three weeks of the year, more than 70 bills have been filed in 27 states to regulate the instruction of topics such as race, history and sexuality, according to an analysis published this week by PEN America, a free speech advocacy group. Advocates have said the sheer number of bills — as well as how severe many of them would be — is part of a robust effort by conservative lawmakers in GOP-controlled states to censor lessons surrounding those topics.

In some cases, the topics have been inaccurately described as “critical race theory” — the concept developed in the 1980s as a graduate-level academic framework to highlight and quantify the impacts of structural racism, including disparities among Black people and white people in policing and prosecution. It was rarely something likely to be taught in a school classroom.

Critics say some conservatives, including politicians like Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, a Republican and early opponent of critical race theory, have applied the term to ideas and books that they believe are too progressive or political for the classroom.

Last month, Republican lawmakers in Florida introduced a bill similar to the Iowa proposal, H.B. 1055, that would require cameras in classrooms and require teachers to wear microphones.

While the Florida legislation’s stated goal is to allow for more easily obtainable evidence of bullying or fighting in classrooms, a co-sponsor, Republican state Rep. Mike Beltran, said this month that the bill is designed to make sure teachers are “teaching the kids properly.”

Teachers groups and unions in the state have blasted the legislation as a tool for conservative lawmakers to “spy” on them.

Missouri state Sen. Cindy O’Laughlin, a vocal critic of critical race theory, last year called for legislation to require teachers to wear body cameras as a way for parents to object to what they're teaching.

Republican-led legislatures in Georgia, Texas and West Virginia have all passed laws in recent years allowing cameras in classrooms, under certain conditions.

Sounds like the Republicans are forming their own Gazpacho Police.

No soup for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Remember when Trump was complaining about people having to flush toilets 10-15 times?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/07/polit...ntl/index.html

Turns out, he was flushing documents down the White House toilets and clogging them:

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1491729076452827139

(And yes, presidential document destruction is illegal. But her e-mails!)
    For sure, this is going to make for one weird presidential library:

Instead of a Library for #45, they should build a large public toilet in DC, with porcelain portraits of the Coup Clutz Clan for the public to despoil.

Page 662 of 664 FirstFirst ... 162412562612617622627632637642647652657658659660661662663664 LastLast