TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

31 18.90%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

56 34.15%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

51 31.10%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

5 3.05%
  • I don't know what's going on!

21 12.80%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dumped! ✮✮✮

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    What could be more Trump-like than importing Trump-themed clothing from China, ripping off the Made in China tags and replacing them with Made in U.S.A. tags?
    Blaming Antifa for it and asking for a pre-emptive pardon.

Or more often now they just jump straight to it being 'clones' or equally sci-fi stuff.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2110196.html

Many staunch supporters of former President Donald Trump, such as the ones who came out to hear him speak in Mississippi as part of his American Freedom Tour last weekend, are not closely following the January 6 committee’s hearings on the Capitol riot.

On Thursday evening, The Daily Show released a nearly seven-and-a-half minute video of correspondent Jordan Klepper quizzing rally attendees about the committee’s work. One of the clips Mr Klepper showed was of the president’s daughter Ivanka Trump testifying that she accepted Attorney General William Barr’s assertion that there was no widespread fraud in the 2020 election.

But the Trump supporters Mr Klepper interviewed appeared unwilling to believe either Mr Barr or Ms Trump.

“It don’t even look like her. It might be one of those — what do they got, clones out there these days?” one supporter said of Ms Trump’s testimony.
    That really says everything. Someone more in tune with reality would have said it was CGI or a deepfake well before they thought that there was an Ivanka "clone" in the video.

This calls for some Sassy Justice!

"They even broke into my safe!"

There is no justice system under totalitarianism. The only crime is political crime...and that is crime against totalitarian rule.

Oh no! Not the safe! Must have been the Antifa wing of the FBI.

The world cheers, except for Sky News...

The comments are mad-cap gold.

Lock him up!

Deargod. Are there that many stupid people in Australia? Why are they pandering to an American politician anyway?

Also why the hell wouldn't Trump just give his combination to the safe so nobody would have to "break in"? An honest man wou... oh.

The FBI is really out of control. Whoever appointed its current head should be criminally prosecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    The FBI is really out of control. Whoever appointed its current head should be criminally prosecuted.

But that would be Don.. wait.... HA! I get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    Deargod. Are there that many stupid people in Australia? Why are they pandering to an American politician anyway?

Also why the hell wouldn't Trump just give his combination to the safe so nobody would have to "break in"? An honest man wou... oh.
    Those are mostly Americans who feel that the U.S. press is so corrupt that even FOX can't be trusted anymore.

Rachel Maddow started her reporting today by suggesting that people should buy a print paper on Tuesday so they have a physical touchstone of this event, to share with the great grandchildren.

She also suggested making a margin note that August 8th, 1974, was the date of Richard Nixon's resignation.
    Last edited by Nicker; 9th Aug 2022 at 02:21.

Short answer? No. Slightly longer answer: Oh hell, no.

Sky News is an arm of Fox News only available on the local FoxTel cable TV. It's a propaganda outlet that has next to no viewers, loses money, and only exists because Murdoch owns the cable provider. Plus, cable TV isn't anything like as big here as in the USA. Foxtel is basically the only one and they have 1.8 million cable subscribers. 99% of whom only pay for it so they can watch the sports. It's literally the only point of having FoxTel. That leaves ... well the Sky News viewership figures speak for themselves. Only about 2% of the people who have FoxTel watch that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_News_Australia
    Largely, Sky News struggles to garner any significant viewership figures and is largely confined to a core group of around 50,000 nightly primetime viewers across their cable and free-to-air platforms. Thus, the channel rates extremely poorly compared to other news networks such as ABC News and broadcast networks.
    https://7news.com.au/news/seven-netw...mer--c-2111593
    7NEWS at 6.00pm had an average national audience of 1.39 million across the summer, compared with Nine News’ 1.1 million.
    Compare that Fox News, who get about 1/3rd the viewers of NBC Nightly News, while Sky News is like 1/30th of the viewers of other news shows here.
    Last edited by Cipheron; 9th Aug 2022 at 03:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    There is no justice system under totalitarianism. The only crime is political crime...and that is crime against totalitarian rule.
    In fictions and mindtrips about totalitarism.

Totalitarism works (yes, welcome to harsh human reality where there's no "better" system apart from the rejection of EVERY system and every system is drunk on its own autocelebration), it is simply unbearable and blind: it's suicidal but it works for "everyday" problems.
    (Liberal) Democracy works WORST but it's not so blind and got some viable perspectives/alternatives where totalitarism only has "great vision" to establish by force.

Actually that's the only difference.

Totalitarism can of course be "democratic" (in a populist way), see fascist Italy.
    Last edited by lowenz; 9th Aug 2022 at 03:49.

BTW i decide to check out those comments on the Sky News video. As for "are Australians that stupid?" ... literally every comment i read was from an American down to #15, which was from an Australian-born writer but says he lives in the USA. Then just pages of more comments from Americans. i think the Australian-born person was just born here by coincidence rather than having any connection to Sky News. Like I said, their viewership is non-existent and it only exists as a Murdoch/Fox mouthpiece.
    Last edited by Cipheron; 10th Aug 2022 at 03:44.

Some MAGA of rather less intellect than even his contemporaries, decided THIS was the moment he needed to bring violence to... A nearby FBI branch. He failed to shatter the bulletproof glass with his nailgun, fled the area, and then died in a shootout with state police.

His death is a direct result of Republican media pushing a corrupt FBI narrative in response to their orange god being raided to get back the records he stole and claimed he didn't have.

They will not only lie for him but die for him. Cult of personality.

I've been seeing social media posts declaring that Trump is guilty of stealing nuclear documents. Did I miss something because all I see on the news is that the FBI raided one of his estates. Was there a evidence found and a trial that I missed?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ments-1396092/

Federal agents searched for documents relating to nuclear weapons and other classified intelligence information during Monday’s raid on former President Donald Trump’s Florida estate, individuals with knowledge of the investigation say.

According to a report in The Washington Post, the anonymous sources declined to reveal specifics about the nature of the documents — including whether or not they pertained to nuclear weapons owned by the United States or another country. The Post also stated that the sources did not indicate if such documents were located during the Mar-a-Lago search. David Laufman, the former chief of the Justice Department’s counterintelligence section, told the publication that the speed with which authorities issued and executed the search warrant at the Trump estate suggested that the “material residing unlawfully at Mar-a-Lago may have been classified at the highest classification level.”
    ===============================================================================

Yes, there was evidence you missed: the previous raid on Mara Lago recovered 15 boxes of documents that Trump took in breach of federal law. No, there was no trial, but equally, there was no trial of Hillary Clinton. So are you gonna also extend the innocent until proven guilty thing for Hillary Clinton, or are you a "lock her up" believer?

Anyone who's that high up on the political ladder is almost impossible to charge with a crime, regardless of evidence, so the fact there was no trial doesn't mean there isn't hard proof of a crime committed. The only reason there's been no trial is the political nightmare of trying to put an ex-president on trial. You might justify it by saying Trump wasn't *very* guilty or you believe the law shouldn't be applied, but the fact is, crime is crime, illegal is illegal. You could perhaps say Trump wasn't aware he was breaking the law or inadvertently broke the law. However as they say, ignorance of the law is no defense.

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/07/10789...ional-archives

15 boxes of White House records have been recovered at Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort

The National Archives and Records Administration NARA said it has retrieved 15 boxes of White House records and other items that were stored at former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago property instead of at the National Archives.

As first reported by The Washington Post, the documents retrieved last month from the Florida property contained important records of communication along with Trump's self-described "love letters" with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, as well as a letter addressed to Trump from his predecessor, former President Barack Obama.

According to the newspaper, keeping the boxes of records at Mar-a-Lago violated the Presidential Records Act — which requires that the government keep all forms of documents and communications related to a president's or vice president's official duties.
    This was from February, so there's already hard evidence he did this *specific* crime, the 15 boxes they already found, and they got a tip off that there were more documents, of a serious nature, that they missed the first time. If the cops raid your place and find actual stolen goods, and then raid you again later based on a tip-off that you have more stolen goods, you can hardly claim the second raid was completely without basis.

Anyone else would be in prison, in fact 34 people ended up in prison due to the Mueller investigation, many of them from doing the dirty work for Trump, of which he can just claim ignorance.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...n-defense-fund

The House select committee investigating the January 6 Capitol attack appeared to make the case at its second hearing that Donald Trump and his campaign engaged in potential fundraising fraud, raising $250m for a Trump “election defense fund” that did not actually exist.
    That's how he treats his own followers: doesn't deliver on election promises, then cons them out of their money.
    Last edited by Cipheron; 12th Aug 2022 at 02:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipheron View Post
    The only reason there's been no trial is the political nightmare of trying to put an ex-president on trial.
    My understanding is that charges are unlikely unless someone deliberately gave classified info to someone who's not cleared to have it. Merely "mishandling" the material doesn't usually lead to charges, although this is a particularly egregious case thereof. People are saying they wouldn't have used a search warrant if there weren't charges pending, but on the flip side, knowingly leaving top secret nuclear information insecure was simply not an option.

EDIT:
    But what springs to mind for me is the plan pushed by Trump’s first national security advisor, Michael Flynn, Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, and fundraiser and campaign advisor Tom Barrack, to transfer nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia. In 2019, whistleblowers from the National Security Council worried that their efforts might have broken the law and that the effort to make the transfer was ongoing. The plan was to enable Saudi leaders to build nuclear power plants, a plan that would have yielded billions of dollars to the investors but would have allowed Saudi Arabia to build nuclear weapons. - Heather Cox Richardson
    ...On the other hand, if they have evidence that Trump was selling top secret nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia, that would... That would be bad. It would also explain a lot of things. E.g., the Saudi's recent thin-pretext transferring of billions of dollars to Jared Kushner.
    Last edited by Pyrian; 12th Aug 2022 at 01:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    My understanding is that charges are unlikely unless someone deliberately gave classified info to someone who's not cleared to have it. Merely "mishandling" the material doesn't usually lead to charges, although this is a particularly egregious case thereof. People are saying they wouldn't have used a search warrant if there weren't charges pending, but on the flip side, knowingly leaving top secret nuclear information insecure was simply not an option.

EDIT:
    ...On the other hand, if they have evidence that Trump was selling top secret nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia, that would... That would be bad. It would also explain a lot of things. E.g., the Saudi's recent thin-pretext transferring of billions of dollars to Jared Kushner.
    Oh yeah, for the charges thing I wasn't just thinking of these boxes of documents, but of a range of things he's done, and that at least one of them would have landed most people in prison. However mostly people around him end up in prison for them, such as his personal lawyer. We're supposed to believe that Trump had no idea his personal 'fixer' was breaking the law in order to make problems for Trump "go away".

And I did see some articles mentioning the Saudi Arabia thing, but i thought they were too speculative to mention. I did vaguely hear about a Kushner link on the video, but didn't pay attention.

I guess if we have (1) secret Saudi Arabia Trump nuclear deals, that were mentioned in the media in 2019, along with (2) Trump suspected of having stolen nuclear documents coupled with (3) his son in law Kushner getting "surprise cash" from Saudi Arabia, then we have more of a case to suspect these things are connected.
    Last edited by Cipheron; 12th Aug 2022 at 02:29.

Oh, snap. Poetic justice.

I'll let Laurence O'Donnell explain it.

I don't think all of the Senators were tricked. They're playing along with what's in their interest.

For the ones that aren't themselves brainwashed and would be happy to see Trump go down -- if you look at the way, e.g., Pence worded his statement, as opposed to Hawley -- it's a win-win for them: they give the appearance that they're supporting him & are anti-FBI, they get rewarded from their base for standing up to the Big Left machine, while they probably have no illusions about what's in the warrant, and either the base doesn't know what it says, then all they remember is that Senator X stood up for Trump, or they do hear what it says and are cowed into silence, and Senator X is one more step closer to helping usher Trump out of the picture without cost, and even a boost to them... Even if the base is cowed into silence, they're not going to be able to put 2 + 2 together and guess that probably most Senators knew what was happening.

That's one kind of stupid thing about this whole game. Except for this last batch of koolaide drinkers in the GOP, I think the old guard at least knows everything Trump touches is full of BS & they're playing along, whatever keeps them in power.

I would have never thought of a Saudi seeking nuclear information. To me the most obvious reason to take them for Trump would be to pay Putin back for his help in the 2016 election and obtain more help in 2024. While in office I'm sure it was more difficult to pass information, though perhaps it has been while out of office as well, and is the reason he refused to give all of them back. He hasn't been able to copy and pass them along yet.

And of course that doesn't include what he has been able to destroy for his own sake.

If there had been sloppy book keeping then we might never have known about missing boxes. We are lucky to have those honest lower level officials keeping up with things. Some are stubborn in choosing country over party.

His death is a direct result of Republican media pushing a corrupt FBI narrative in response to their orange god being raided to get back the records he stole and claimed he didn't have.

They will not only lie for him but die for him. Cult of personality.
    They want to kill Americans:

https://www.amazon.com/They-Want-Kil.../dp/1250279003

Page 665 of 674 FirstFirst ... 165415565615620625630635640645650655660661662663664665666667668669670 ... LastLast