TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

31 18.90%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

56 34.15%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

51 31.10%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

5 3.05%
  • I don't know what's going on!

21 12.80%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dumped! ✮✮✮

Gotta love this one, the expert hired to oversee the probe into the "stolen election" in Wisconsin fired, criticized for his methods. Which are frankly hilarious:

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/08/12/p...obe/index.html

One case -- part of a document entitled "Cross Pollinators" and posted on the special counsel's website -- concluded that a Milwaukee city employee was likely a Democrat because she "has a weird nose ring," plays video games, "loves nature and snakes" and lives with her boyfriend although they are not married.
    Lucky she didn't have purple hair or something, or he would have blown a gasket. So the only concrete evidence he got is that some civil servants have facial piercings, like video games and engage in extra-marital sex.

Whatever may come from this FBI raid on Trump isn't going to matter. At this point they could walk out with an 800-page binder full of nuclear weapon specs and diagrams addressed "To my good friend MBS," and "my 40%" of the country would just roll our eyes and say "Oh look, the FBI printed up another fake dossier."

On the other hand the liberal 40% of the country has already convinced themselves Trump is guilty and must be executed. (Of course, they were already convinced of this as far back as 2015). So it comes down to what that last 20% in the middle decides I suppose. If he's even allowed to run again.

And honestly he might be too scared to run again now. This is some pretty effective intimidation, right? "We can come rip apart your house any time we want, and you can't stop us. And this is only level one of the harassment we can bring. If you persist in trying to run again, we can ramp this waaaaay up! We can hit your kids' houses too, is that what you want?" I have to hand it to the Left, you guys really take state violence all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by RippedPhreak View Post
    Whatever may come from this FBI raid on Trump isn't going to matter. At this point they could walk out with an 800-page binder full of nuclear weapon specs and diagrams addressed "To my good friend MBS," and "my 40%" of the country would just roll our eyes and say "Oh look, the FBI printed up another fake dossier."

On the other hand the liberal 40% of the country has already convinced themselves Trump is guilty and must be executed. (Of course, they were already convinced of this as far back as 2015). So it comes down to what that last 20% in the middle decides I suppose. If he's even allowed to run again.

And honestly he might be too scared to run again now. This is some pretty effective intimidation, right? "We can come rip apart your house any time we want, and you can't stop us. And this is only level one of the harassment we can bring. If you persist in trying to run again, we can ramp this waaaaay up! We can hit your kids' houses too, is that what you want?" I have to hand it to the Left, you guys really take state violence all the way.
    The first part was correct. The second exaggerated. The third outright crap. There was no violence. NONE. To suggest there was is not only an obvious lie but one so obvious it boggles the mind that anyone would say it. But yes, when you steal unredacted classified material then you can expect a visit from the feds. Hell, they gave him the courtesy of asking for them first. He was not forthcoming. And then afterward he had the audacity to whine that they would not release the warrant to the public- a warrant THAT HE POSSESSED and would not release himself. Amazing.

state violence
    Created for things like "property". Give up with "rights" and the state will simply evaporate with its violence.

Well first I'm not sure what lowenz even means but I guess by "property" you mean there should be no such thing as private property? So...you give up everything you own first and then the rest of us will consider it after we see if it works out well for you.

And yes, 36 FBI agents stomping through your house for nine hours is an intimidation tactic. This many guys in there for nine hours means they checked every loose floorboard for a hidden stash, checked the pockets of all clothing, got up in the attic with flashlights, took down every painting and cut the back open, probably even looked inside the closet rods for hidden items. I'm surprised they didn't smash open hollow parts of the drywall (maybe they did?).

This is an unprecedented invasion of privacy for a US President, and it's a huge escalation by the Left. A clear signal that he will NOT be allowed to run again. On the other hand, if they come up holding nothing but their dicks after a search like that...it proves Donald Trump is the cleanest man in politics. Imagine what might be found in Hillary Clinton or Hunter Biden's house after a search of 36 guys for nine hours!

What do you mean, come up with nothing? They recovered boxes worth of documents that he had withheld the first time he was ordered to hand them over.

Some of the "documents" were cocktail napkins, birthday dinner menus, letters from Kim-Jong Un and Obama, schedules, phone lists, as well as the map of Hurricane Dorian that Trump once altered with a sharpie pen. Just because they took papers doesn't mean any of it was illegal. "Classified information" could be something as harmless as Trump's daily schedule when he was President.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/09/trump-...ng-un-letters/

Investigators reportedly visited Mar-a-Lago in early June to meet with Trump’s attorneys about turning over more potentially classified information
    If there were nuke weapon designs sitting there at that time, why were the investigators cool with leaving them in Mar-A-Lago in June?

Five days later, Trump’s attorneys were asked by the FBI to secure the room where the documents were.
    So, they didn't seem to think these documents were all that big a deal back in June. They were content with leaving the documents there, as long as the room was locked so random people couldn't wander in. I wonder what changed? Oh yeah, the elections were coming and the Dems needed a distraction.

The Justice Department inquiry is about documents that Trump removed from the White House as his term was ending in January 2021. Earlier this year, officials from the National Archives and Records Administration, known as NARA, recovered 15 boxes of presidential documents from Mar-a-Lago.
    https://www.kcra.com/article/mar-a-l...line/40851458#

But it's even worse than that! The National Archives already looked through all this stuff in January, and took back a bunch of it. So again, if there were sensitive nuke documents, why did the National Archives just shrug, leave, and stay quiet for six months?

Bolding mine:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...a-lago-search/

[...]

According to the search warrant, agents at Mar-a-Lago were seeking evidence of three potential violations of federal statutes: a section of the Espionage Act that makes it a crime to possess or share national defense secrets without authorization, a law against destroying or concealing documents to thwart an investigation, and a law against stealing, destroying or mutilating government records.

[...]

Immediately after the search, Trump seemed to believe the FBI had played into his hands. Instead of exhibiting any concern, two people who spoke to him Monday evening both reported that Trump was “upbeat,” convinced the Justice Department had overreached and would cause Republicans to rally to his cause and help him regain the presidency in 2024.

“He feels it’s a political coup for him,” said one friend, who spoke to Trump repeatedly during the week. Like many others interviewed for this article, the person spoke on the condition of anonymity given the sensitivity of the criminal probe.

By Friday, however, the unsealed court records showed agents had seized 11 sets of classified documents, among other things. Republicans’ howls of protest became somewhat more muted, and people around Trump said his buoyant mood at times turned dark.

The fight over documents taken from the White House when Trump left office had been brewing for well over a year. “This has been like a pot of water that very slowly simmers, and now it’s making that noise where it hits the hot burner,” said a person involved with the dispute.

In the spring of 2021, the National Archives and Records Administration, the government agency charged by law with maintaining the papers of former presidents, alerted Trump’s team to a problem. In going through materials transferred from the White House in the chaotic final days of Trump’s presidency, officials had noticed that certain high-profile documents were missing. Trump’s correspondence with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un that he had termed “love letters.” A National Weather Service map of Hurricane Dorian, which Trump had famously marked up with a black Sharpie pen to extend to Alabama.

Under the Presidential Records Act, the items belonged to the American people. The Archives asked for them back.

People familiar with those initial conversations said Trump was hesitant to return the documents, dragging his feet for months as officials grew peeved and eventually threatened to alert Congress or the Justice Department to his reticence.

On Jan. 17 of this year, Trump relented, allowing a contractor for the Archives to load up 15 boxes at Mar-a-Lago and truck them north to a facility in Maryland. The boxes contained some of the notable items of the Trump presidency that Archives officials had sought.

But as Archives officials sifted through the recovered documents, they began to suspect some records were still missing. They also realized some of the returned material was clearly classified, including highly sensitive signals intelligence — intercepted electronic communications such as emails and phone calls of foreign leaders.

All of this raised a distressing possibility: Might there still be classified records tucked away at Trump’s private Florida club?

Although presidents have unrestricted power to declassify America’s secrets, they lose that power as soon as they leave office.

By February, Archives officials had formally referred the matter to the Justice Department.

[...]

At first, Archives officials believed the FBI wasn’t taking the documents issue seriously and grew frustrated, according to people familiar with the document dispute.

But agents had interviewed Trump’s current and former advisers, asking them how the boxes taken to Mar-a-Lago were packed, what material was in them, who was responsible for the packing and what might still be at the Florida club, according to a person who was questioned.

“They interviewed almost everyone who worked for him,” a Trump adviser said.

Then, the Justice Department slapped Trump with a grand jury subpoena.

Bobb, a Trump lawyer, said Trump’s legal team embarked on a thorough review of all the presidential material still at Mar-a-Lago, including what she told The Washington Post were two dozen to three dozen boxes of documents held in a storage room on the first floor of the club, below areas open to the public. She told Fox News’s Laura Ingraham that the lawyers had identified all the documents they believed could be considered government property. “We turned over everything that we found,” she said.

But as discussions progressed, some law enforcement officials came to suspect Trump’s representatives were not being truthful at times — and that despite the months of conversations, Trump was still holding on to documents and other items that properly belonged with the Archives.

[...]

Though Trump has styled the Florida facility as a presidential home, and it is secured by the Secret Service, law enforcement knew that it was hardly the kind of hardened government installation suited to house secret documents.

In addition to Trump’s private quarters, the club includes a dining room, pool, tennis courts and spa, all accessible to its several hundred members during the winter months. A ballroom can be booked for weddings, galas and other events. The perils of securing the facility were been made clear in 2019, when a Chinese national, carrying phones and other electronic devices, was arrested after getting past a reception area by saying she was headed to the pool.

[...]

Two days earlier, on Friday, a federal magistrate judge in West Palm Beach had approved the search warrant. That meant the judge had reviewed a sealed filing describing steps taken in the investigation so far and found there was probable cause that evidence of a crime would be located at the 17-acre club property.

They also realized some of the returned material was clearly classified, including highly sensitive signals intelligence — intercepted electronic communications such as emails and phone calls of foreign leaders.
    ...yes, the President of the United States receives email and phone calls from foreign leaders. This should not be a shock to anyone. Of course the FBI found "classified documents." Just about everything the President does on a daily basis is classified, even his travel schedule.

Trump was still holding on to documents and other items that properly belonged with the Archives.
    This stupid dispute about overdue library books has turned into nothing but harassment and intimidation, to ensure Trump is not allowed to run again, and to scare other Republicans away from supporting him.
    Last edited by RippedPhreak; 13th Aug 2022 at 20:29.

intercepted electronic communications such as emails and phone calls of foreign leaders
    ...is not email and phone calls from foreign leaders. It is emails and phone calls of foreign leaders that have been intercepted.

Also, not just anything the president does receives classification of top secret, let alone sensitive compartmented information.

Let's be honest, you don't know what these emails or calls are and neither do I. But we know it will be interpreted in the worst possible way on CNN for months while the AG and FBI director smugly repeat "can't comment on an ongoing investigation..." and by the time it comes out (sometime in 2025) that they never had anything incriminating, it will be too late.

Don't get me wrong, I agree Trump will never be President again. On January 21st, 2025 I have a better chance of being inside Anya Taylor-Joy than Trump has of being inside the White House. But just so you know it's because of Democrat dirty tricks rather than anything Trump did wrong.

I have followed US politics very closely during the past years and read the Mueller Report in full. The list of things that he has done wrong is absolutely staggering (cf. this very thread). How about pressuring the president of a foreign country to investigate your political opponents? How about obstructing justice? How about trying to pressure election officials to "find" just about enough votes for him to win? How about inciting a deadly riot to stop the lawful democratic process of tallying electoral votes? If a Democrat was even suspected of doing 1/1000th of the things he has undoubtedly done, the Republicans would be screaming bloody murder nonstop and demanding endless investigations.

Welp, we're never going to agree on any of these things so what does it matter? And Republican "investigations" never go anywhere because they are essentially paid to lose.

They eventually got Clinton on his sexual deviancy, after fishing around long enough. And they successfully managed to tank his wife's ratings after the endless Benghazi hearings, which they even admitted was the entire goal of it.

Welp, we're never going to agree on any of these things so what does it matter?
    Mostly because you keep stuffing words in people's mouths, spouting demonstrable bullshit, whaddabouting, moving goalposts, ignoring facts and playing the victim.

This stupid dispute about overdue library books...
    I am not even going to bother parsing this utter crap.

I mean, the library book analogy would make sense, if the books contained top classified information, were taken without permission, and upon the discovery of the theft, the person dragged his feet in returning them and tried to secretly keep some.

Also if the person didn't already have a history of handing over (selling?) top secret books to foreign adversaries.

Well-behaved men seldom make history, you know?

Well they never make the infamous kind. Plenty make the regular kind. I guess Trump wanted the infamous kind. He needn't have worried. No president has ever refused to accept the vote before and tried to stop the constitutional process of implementing it. On that alone he is infamous.

Don't get me wrong, I agree Trump will never be President again. On January 21st, 2025 I have a better chance of being inside Anya Taylor-Joy than Trump has of being inside the White House. But just so you know it's because of Democrat dirty tricks rather than anything Trump did wrong.
    You really are all in on the ‘alternative facts’ aren’t you?

Democrat dirty tricks, hahaha. The entire world saw what Trump did on Jan 6th with their own eyes; your country has done nothing about it, which is kinda insane but y’know, it’s America lol. But to whine about ‘Democrat dirty tricks’ when Trump’s actions have caused real loss of life is mental - just so you know.

If they actually have the balls to charge Trump on the relative technicality of ‘illegally possessing classified documents’ I’ll be amazed. (N.b. I take it seriously, but it’s relatively speaking not nearly as bad a crime as Jan 6th was). The point is nothing will happen, and he’ll worm his way out of it as he always does.

Quote Originally Posted by zacharias View Post
    If they actually have the balls to charge Trump on the relative technicality of ‘illegally possessing classified documents’ I’ll be amazed.
    Ironically, it was Lord Dampnut himself who made mishandling classified documents into a felony punishable by up to 5 years in prison: https://theweek.com/donald-trump/101...aw-on-handling

Also, in trying to defend himself Trump just completely implicated himself. He should have stuck to the 5th.

Trump now claims he "declassified" those documents before he left office.

Which documents, exactly, Mr Trump?

It's hard to claim plausible denial about there being classified documents after that came out of Trump's mouth. The documents must exist and have been classified for that statement to be true. And he's straight up admitting here that these are the specific documents the FBI retrieved.

However there's no proof he did the claimed actions that declassify the documents, and he could easily prove it if true by revealing what's in the documents himself and showing that it was declassified. And even if he did, it's still against the Presidential Records Act to take the documents even if they're not classified.
    Last edited by Cipheron; 14th Aug 2022 at 07:54.

It's a good thing the law is "toilet paper" as june gloom said here: https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthre...=151727&page=7

Otherwise Trump might have done something wrong.

Yes, because the categorical opinion of one person on a gaming bulletin board entirely excuses the treason of Donald T***p.

Your work is done, Phreak.

Meanwhile, Rand Paul, outspoken member of the Party of Patriotism, Law & Order calls for the repeal of the espionage act.
    Last edited by Nicker; 14th Aug 2022 at 12:27.

Well first I'm not sure what lowenz even means but I guess by "property" you mean there should be no such thing as private property? So...you give up everything you own first and then the rest of us will consider it after we see if it works out well for you.
    So accept state violence.

You can't have one thing without the other, the same for every "right".

Page 666 of 673 FirstFirst ... 166416566616621626631636641646651656661662663664665666667668669670671 ... LastLast