TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 47 of 47

Thread: T2 Mission: Kidnap.. by Artelius 20/01/2017 (Strange Ventures contest)

  1. #26
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2015
    Anyone else spotted how Site 6 was left untouched? Is there any story behind this, or just an oversight?

  2. #27
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2004
    Location: Germany
    The one and only secret is at Site 4; look for a switch on the right outer wall of one of the "small houses" there. It opens the door of that "house". Inside, you find some equipment (flash mines and some kind of arrows, I think)

    If you don't find that switch, you can also hit all doorways there with your sword. One of the doorways sounds wooden although it doesn't look as if made of wood. That's the right one.

    This secret was already present in the original mission.

    Concerning Site 6: If you mean "untouched by the new sect", well, Site 9 did not attract their attention either.
    Last edited by baeuchlein; 24th Jan 2017 at 11:47.

  3. #28
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Bremerton Washington
    I have made it to section 7. Where is Cavador?

  4. #29
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2008
    Location: UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    I have made it to section 7. Where is Cavador?
    I only ever found him in Site 5.

  5. #30
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas!
    Cavador does not seem to be human anymore!!look for something with a key

  6. #31
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Bremerton Washington
    I found him. Site 5 was the only one I hadn't been to.

  7. #32
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2005
    Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    Cavador does not seem to be human anymore!!look for something with a key
    He has also transposed a couple of letters in his name.

  8. #33
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2003
    Location: Nampa, Idaho
    Here's my single-page "walkthrough," if you want to call it that.

    KIDNAP

  9. #34
    Master Builder 2018
    Registered: Jul 2008
    Thanks, Artelius! I had fun with this. It was nice to revisit the Lost City again, and the new enemies there are challenging. Brought back lots of memories, but was new enough to be fun on it's own.

  10. #35
    Member
    Registered: Sep 1999
    Location: Texas, hhhwweeee hawww
    As soon as I first really get going into KD site from base came the mission fails with a x on LEAVE WHEN YOU'RE DONE. I haven't even done anything what's this?

    Edit: Reloaded just got weapons at base came and moved on. As soon as I hear the AI have a conversation at the first place where you enter KD site, game end again same X. What am I doing wrong here?

    Edit2: It seems to trigger when a Burrick is alerted to the Ai conversating. This makes it unplayable.

    Edit3: This time Burrick saw them and attacked earlier and it didn't trigger it after all. It's like... timed, so in the same time with different outcome it fails. Here is save file https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7O...ew?usp=sharing

    Edit4: I restarted whole mission and skipped weapons. Didn't fail in the same area, so I waited the same time. No fail. So I went back for weapons and then moved on so far so good. No idea. Maybe I clipped into some room brush I wasn't supposed to before going to KD site?
    Last edited by gamophyte; 3rd Feb 2017 at 18:29.

  11. #36
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: Frederikssund, Denmark
    Dev_Anj
    Thanks for this nice revisit.
    Maybe I'm blind or stupid? But I can't seem to find the place to leave?
    Carried Cavador all the way back to the starting point. No ending.
    Where is it?

  12. #37
    Member
    Registered: Sep 1999
    Location: Texas, hhhwweeee hawww
    Quote Originally Posted by karstenpontoppi View Post
    Dev_Anj
    Thanks for this nice revisit.
    Maybe I'm blind or stupid? But I can't seem to find the place to leave?
    Carried Cavador all the way back to the starting point. No ending.
    Where is it?
    Remember back in thief 1? Where you came into that temple with Burricks earliest before going to the city center?

  13. #38
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: Frederikssund, Denmark
    Thief 1 - oh, haven't played that for over 10 years.
    Sorry, haven't got a clue, how to use your clue!

  14. #39
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2008
    Location: UK
    Quote Originally Posted by karstenpontoppi View Post
    Thief 1 - oh, haven't played that for over 10 years.
    Sorry, haven't got a clue, how to use your clue!
    The exit is upstairs at Site 9. Garrett should say something about his old route "still being open" when he sees it

  15. #40
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: Frederikssund, Denmark
    Jesus, I fell stupid! Next time I'll try using the map!
    Thanks!

  16. #41
    Was the real author of this mission ever revealed? I searched all the Strange Ventures threads but I didn't see anything.

  17. #42
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2003
    Location: Nampa, Idaho
    Artelius

  18. #43
    I believe that's an alias, just like El Tafferino and Chopsticks.

  19. #44
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    As soon as I first really get going into KD site from base came the mission fails with a x on LEAVE WHEN YOU'RE DONE. I haven't even done anything what's this?

    Edit: Reloaded just got weapons at base came and moved on. As soon as I hear the AI have a conversation at the first place where you enter KD site, game end again same X. What am I doing wrong here?

    Edit2: It seems to trigger when a Burrick is alerted to the Ai conversating. This makes it unplayable.

    Edit3: This time Burrick saw them and attacked earlier and it didn't trigger it after all. It's like... timed, so in the same time with different outcome it fails. Here is save file https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7O...ew?usp=sharing

    Edit4: I restarted whole mission and skipped weapons. Didn't fail in the same area, so I waited the same time. No fail. So I went back for weapons and then moved on so far so good. No idea. Maybe I clipped into some room brush I wasn't supposed to before going to KD site?
    I'm experiencing the exact same issue. I'm going to try looking around my own savegame in dromed and double check for Cavador. He may fallen into some lava or something triggering the failure.

  20. #45
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    I can't remember how to get into the city?

    how can i open this great iron gate?

  21. #46
    New Member
    Registered: Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    I can't remember how to get into the city?

    how can i open this great iron gate?
    Switch on the wall of one of the ground floor living quarters. identical to the light switches, hence easy to miss if you overlook the brass plaque.

  22. #47
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2012
    dml to fix severe crashing and CTD

    The problem stems from the fact the author used Deluxe Dromed gamesys and failed to remove the "M-AlertCapHigh" metaproperties from the custom creatures (water elementals and fire burricks) resulting in Dromed being overloaded with 100's of "M-AlertCapHigh" alerts.

    However there are a considerable amount of missing textures in this mission, which can't be fixed via a dml.

    PS. Looks like this could also be the cause/solution to severe lagging in both Evirath's Misery & The Chain Project

    Code:
    DML1
    
    //Kidnap...: Fix eventual slowdown and crashing (DEDX). File: MyDedx.gam.dml
    
    
    Receptron -8 "AlertStimX" 0020010A
    {
     Effect "add_prop"
     {
     "Prop Name" AI_AlertCap
     }
    }
    Receptron -8 "ProjStimX" 00200148
    {
     Effect "add_prop"
     {
     "Prop Name" AI_AlertCap
     }
    }
    Receptron -14 "AlertStimX" 002000F7
    {
     Effect "add_prop"
     {
     "Prop Name" AI_AlertCap
     }
    }

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •