TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Behind Closed Doors (6th Feb 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I’ve been trying to recall where I found the jewels/gems stolen by the magpies (on Expert). Here’s what I can remember so far (NB no. 8 may be a false positive).
    Yes, number 8 is only a key. The missing gem is on the highest roof of Highgate Museum.
    On the other hand, you must have found a serpentyle torc (worth 350) somewhere deep down - the only piece I'm missing. Do you remember where it was? Thanks

Edit: oops, I seem to be too slow to respond....

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Yes, number 8 is only a key. The missing gem is on the highest roof of Highgate Museum.
    On the other hand, you must have found a serpentyle torc (worth 350) somewhere deep down - the only piece I'm missing. Do you remember where it was? Thanks

Edit: oops, I seem to be too slow to respond....
    I don't think I have found that torc. I'm now on 7742 loot, so still missing some somewhere!

Thanks
    However, since the total is 7882 you may not have missed anything worth 350. Perhaps it is something else of the same value, just showing up in TTLL with that name...

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Tannar - Thanks for the feedback! ...
    Thanks for the explanations, nicked. I understand what you were going for, and you certainly succeeded with the austerity, and the rats, my comments aside. And I understand about the short piece of fence, thought perhaps it could have been done with just a high fence that wasn't electrified. But no matter, that a minor niggle. Btw, I forgot to mention how much I loved the music. All of it was superb, but I especially liked the one with the horns.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    The complete list of gem/jewel nests (on Expert, at least) is as follows.
    Thanks! I was missing the one on the Estate Agent's place.

greenie2600 - this really sounds like it's not installed right. T-pose AI generally means the game hasn't loaded the default scripts. Are you using FMSel or Darkloader, and do you get the same issue in any other fan missions?

I'm using FMSel 1.1.2.

It's probably an issue with my setup - I noticed some oddities with FMSel. I guess I'll troubleshoot...

ETA: Yep; somehow I ended up with two installations of Thief. I guess FMSel was looking at the wrong one. Everything seems to be good now!
    Last edited by greenie2600; 12th Feb 2017 at 18:01.

First, let me say this has been a really enjoyable mission. The layout of the place is great, large and varied, but it soon becomes familiar. Many other missions are like mazes and become frustrating when you can't remember how to get to a particular place. Fantastic atmosphere generated by the lighting and music. Well done, nicked and thanks for your hard work.

Nearly all done now, however I am struggling to locate the urn.

Unlike others, I never found any rats anywhere and where do I find a tool to raise the sewer walkway.

Finally, is there a use for the cotton wool?

Can't find the key for the blue chest in the Eldridge Estate.

Master Builder 2018
    It's outside on the ledge near a potted plant.

Thanks! I was looking everywhere but there since I assumed that was where I got some loot earlier.

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    Nearly all done now, however I am struggling to locate the urn.

Unlike others, I never found any rats anywhere and where do I find a tool to raise the sewer walkway.

Finally, is there a use for the cotton wool?
    The first two are related. I'm sorry, I don't remember exactly where it was, but somewhere down in the sewer you will find a pipe with a valve wheel that you can take. Use it to raise the bridge. Once that's done, you'll find the urn. I suggest you do everything else you want to do down there first, though.

The cotton wool is used to muffle the sound of the church bells so that you can ring them without alerting guards.

Superb, simply superb!

Short ~1600 loot but I'm a modest thief

Master Builder 2018
    That pretty much says it all, right there.

OK, finished now, thanks for the help Tannar. Missed quite a bit of loot though.
    One final question... What's with the giant fox & badger?

Well, it seems as though they were the Thief equivalent of "floats" in a parade due to the recent festival. That's why there's all that confetti on the ground as well.

Correct - they're just abandoned from the Autumn Festival.

Almost done. I need help with finding the mask for Brother Dale.

This mission is so good I'm crying (I'm actually crying because I will never be able to make a mission this good even if I work on it for a hundred years).

Is nicked even human?

Quote Originally Posted by vincentlancon View Post
    Almost done. I need help with finding the mask for Brother Dale.
    It's located in a small garden close to the Stagg Inn, there's a shovel in the corner. You'll see a freshly dug grave, start digging, and you'll find the stone mask in the coffin.

I don't know if it has been mentioned. I really liked the Pot smoking guard! That was funny. I had to watch him for a while for giggles.

I thought those were regular cigarettes.

I mean technically it's nothing more than a 3D representation of a textured cylinder, so it can be pot if you like!

Awesome fm!

The flow... the flow... fantastic! Only time I got stuck was my own fault thanks to not walking all around the bank-fence. Dash in some well-paced guards and it's great fun.

I encountered one bad bug:
    Don't use the wool on the iron grave! Or at least don't put the iron mask on it afterwards.
    It will seal the grave off again. Yet one can use wool + all masks beside iron to open the grave.

EDIT: lest I forget: +10 for including a fantastic map.

nicked,

This is one of the best missions ever!
    Impressive architecture. Great details. Fine story.
    Loved the smoking guards.
    Thank you!

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast