TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NEW T2 FM: Claire's Harbour (28 March 2017)

started playing, nice scenarios to explore, i guess i found a buggy, i made my first knock out with the blackjack to a Thief , he fell unconscious but then suddenly he stands up and runs away, and mission fails...WTF?

great as i make my savegame the mission fails apparently for something i did that alert a pirate when picking the key below the book. no other savegames, too bad, i guess ill replay this one another time...
    Last edited by Cardia; 29th Mar 2017 at 13:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    started playing, nice scenarios to explore, i guess i found a buggy, i made my first knock out with the blackjack to a Thief , he fell unconscious but then suddenly he stands up and runs away, and mission fails...WTF?
    [
    I'm sorry for that. This seems to be a bug, I guess you mean the guy with the purse. I can remember that this happend to me too once!
    great as i make my savegame the mission fails apparently for something i did that alert a pirate when picking the key below the book. no other savegames, too bad, i guess ill replay this one another time...
    [
    Yeah this place is very tricky, make a save, open the door and shoot out the torch. Than go in an wait a moment. Use the invisible potion and catch the key and book.
    Last edited by Basso71; 29th Mar 2017 at 16:39.

@sweet silence
    Yeah, this guy with the eye patch is a pirate, thanks for the hint with the sword, I will try to fix the other thing too!

@csamba
    Did you read the diary of the pub owner in the small hotel?

Thanks basso71, ok so i restarted the mission and im doing a couple of savegames just in case im caught by surprise again, im stuck, i got inside a cellar and found a switch inside a chimney above a stove, but can't see anything opening, also i can't find the key to the door opposite the stove, where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Basso71 View Post
    @csamba
    Did you read the diary of the pub owner in the small hotel?
    Thanks a lot, I really missed the private room. The objective changed to "Find out where they're hiding Elise", so I returned to Elise by the boat. The oars are now highlighted, frobbing them made the "objective completed" sound, but the objective remained unchecked. Is it because I freed her before reading that diary?.
    BTW, I was able to retake Elisa's letter from her hand, it is now simply called "scroll" - am I supposed to do anything with it?

my mission must be broken alsonever found strange pages,dan key/dairys will not let me drop them

so i am done with this mission

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    my mission must be broken alsonever found strange pages,dan key/dairys will not let me drop them

so i am done with this mission
    Before giving up: did you check behind the sleeping housemaid's (Theresa's) head in the small house at the dock? A very small hole in the wall...

My question: what did you do with Lohan's diary?

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    i can't find the key to the door opposite the stove, where is it?
    Pedro, the mayor wrote about his storage key lost downstairs... look around the sofa in front of the fireplace. Once the storage is open you'll immediately see what the switch above the kitchen stove opened

never found strange pages ,and did nothing with lohan dairy, i did free girl and got her to boat pretty much beat entire mission,but missed the evidence/strange pages

i enoyed the mission,great job ,cant wait till you make more

I like this combination of texture colors.

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Pedro, the mayor wrote about his storage key lost downstairs... look around the sofa in front of the fireplace. Once the storage is open you'll immediately see what the switch above the kitchen stove opened
    Thank you Casamba, usually im distracted when reading readables in missions and that's how i let important things to pass unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Thanks a lot, I really missed the private room. The objective changed to "Find out where they're hiding Elise", so I returned to Elise by the boat. The oars are now highlighted, frobbing them made the "objective completed" sound, but the objective remained unchecked. Is it because I freed her before reading that diary?.
    BTW, I was able to retake Elisa's letter from her hand, it is now simply called "scroll" - am I supposed to do anything with it?
    Until the end, I tried to fix the problem, when the player found Elise before reading Rick's diary but I couldn't fix it, so it's important to read it. Normaly, when the oars are highlighted, it's complete and the Mission is done. I tested it in different ways and this never happend, so I'm just a bit confused!
    About the letter, i tried this also many times too and never couldn't retake it. I will take a look at this! Maybe you have save and try it again, i'm sorry csamba.

If everything is done, these objectives should be unchecked until you frob the oars:

Give her the letter, take the boat and escape Claire's Harbour
    Avoid being discovered by the pirates
    Don't knock out more than...
    Don't kill anyone
    Last edited by Basso71; 30th Mar 2017 at 11:24.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    never found strange pages ,and did nothing with lohan dairy, i did free girl and got her to boat pretty much beat entire mission,but missed the evidence/strange pages

i enoyed the mission,great job ,cant wait till you make more
    Thanks, I'm glad you did not give up! I'm often put(hide) important informations into the books and scrolls.
    Last edited by Basso71; 30th Mar 2017 at 11:14.

If everything is done, these objectives should be unchecked until you frob the oars:

Give her the letter, take the boat and escape Claire's Harbour
    Thanks for checking. I've never had the above Obj. Originally I had "Find out if Elise is in Claire's Harbour", this changed to "Find out where they're hiding Elise" after reading the hotel note, and remained unchecked even after completing everything else (list, evidence, Elise by the boat).. Already replayed 3 times, varying the order of the actions (playing on Expert)...

BTW, do I have to do something with Lohan's diary? There was a hint in Dan's office to "place it back unseen", but couldn't find any clue where it should go, if at all...

Quote Originally Posted by neux View Post
    Interesting, I refuse to play missions with necessary KO's
    sounds more like it forces you to ghost....

Master Builder 2018
    Congrats on the release! A lot of texture choices in this, very nice.

@csamba
    There is nothing to do with Lohan's diary, it's a part of the evidence, but you keep it because of the clues in it. My thought was this:
    They don't trust each other that's why Dan secretly took the diary and maybe found something in there(for example his Name).

@pukey brunster
    Thanks

@ All

It's important to take away theboards when you find Elise! If you use the blackjack, it doesn't work!
    I'm trying to fix the problem with the two pirates, who gets up again after knockout them.

This is an important information:
    H3H3 do the proofreading, today he told me, that some readables are grammatically not quite right.
    This isn't his fault so please be merciful, thank you!
    Last edited by Basso71; 31st Mar 2017 at 15:28.

Playing at Normal.

I found the chest I assume is Dan's chest - where is Dan's key?

- prjames

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    where is Dan's key?
    - prjames
    Remember the "to do list" of the scroll in Dan's office? The first item is "Forge a new key for the black chest, The old one
    is starting to rust because of the moist soil:" - so look in the moist soil (of the flowerpot left of the desk). Frob blindly, it's not visible...

It's important to take away theboards when you find Elise! If you use the blackjack, it doesn't work!
    Thanks Basso71, that was exactly my problem!

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    Playing at Normal.

I found the chest I assume is Dan's chest - where is Dan's key?

- prjames
    On the table is a letter,he talked about the key for the black chest is starting to rust because of the moist soil. So take a look at the plant pot!
    You need this key for the evidence but it's not necessary, to open the chest, you can put the list in without open it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldi View Post
    downwinder, You need Logan's diary, a strange letter and Dan's key to throw on the bed in room number 1 of the hotel.
    you mean garrys diary

OK I've completed all objectives, except avoided being discovered by pirates,( I also have zero KO's ) and "Give her the letter...." But I did give her the letter, she went down by the dock, I picked up what looked like a letter, now says "scroll" in my inventory, if I drop it by her feet again, I can not pick it back up.. It was a fun mission. I would have never found some of the secrets if not for hints on here.But I liked the no KO THING... more like REAL LIFE, not easy to just KO someone or everyone you see in real life.. makes you have to sneak. Now there are some bugs that make it so it can't be completed. And thus, this Mission is definitely BROKEN !

Quote Originally Posted by scottyd View Post
    OK I've completed all objectives, except avoided being discovered by pirates,( I also have zero KO's ) and "Give her the letter...." But I did give her the letter, she went down by the dock, I picked up what looked like a letter, now says "scroll" in my inventory, if I drop it by her feet again, I can not pick it back up.. It was a fun mission. I would have never found some of the secrets if not for hints on here.But I liked the no KO THING... more like REAL LIFE, not easy to just KO someone or everyone you see in real life.. makes you have to sneak. Now there are some bugs that make it so it can't be completed. And thus, this Mission is definitely BROKEN !
    Hi scottyd, I know these thing about the letter and the scroll(Elise) is confusing, as I said, this never happend when the testers or me played the mission. I will upload the mission, and I delete the letter in her hand. Hope this fix that problem. I guess, you can't complete the mission because, you didn't take away the boards. Did you use the Blackjack maybe? Most of the readables includes hints, sure, not always obvious. You talked about some bugs, what did you still notice?

I know, that someone said, he knockedout two pirates, and both wake up again. One ran after him instead of giving an alarm. I fixed this, also trying to fix the knockout problem, but I'm not sure if it works.

Enjoying this one, playing on expert, but a bit stuck....

I have the Report, Letter for Elise and a Strange Letter.

I can't find keys for The Black Chest and the Mayor's House. I've been to every other place, looked round the bar but found nothing useful.

What am I supposed to do next?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast