TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213

Thread: The Fighting TTLGers present: Arma 3 (a TTLG Coop Saturdays spin-off)

Quote Originally Posted by PigLick View Post
    also my sound had some real issues and I played mainly in silence, which is quite an odd experience, I just kinda tagged along with you guys and hoped for the best.
    The radio mod has been a problem for you for a while, right? Teamspeak 3 itself seems to work reasonably well before we actually start a mission. It might be an idea if you deactivated the Task Force Radio mod for a session, because that way you might be able to hear us, even if we can't hear you, which would already be an improvement. Unless, of course, the problem is TS3 itself losing connection or your sound more generally (did you not even get the regular sound from Arma?). Anyway, it's something we could try.
    Last edited by Thirith; 4th May 2020 at 05:40.

no the sound from arma game itself is fine its just anything online it seems. Next time I join should suss it out.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    even if we can't hear you, which would already be an improvement.
    Harsh

Hey! That’s not what I said!

You have some great moments in the video, Al_B. I love the one where I shout at you, too late, to get into cover, you collapse in a tangle, and then you lie there apologising meekly.

Administrator
    To be fair that pretty much my level of ability every session but I do enjoy it regardless!

I'm not particularly good, and I'm downright dreadful at keeping myself alive, which is why I surround myself by people who are better at it and AI so they get killed first.

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I learned to hit the deck the second I suspect something is off from a scene in Remarque's All Quiet on the Western Front. A group of rookie kids gets of a train just as a British plane swoops down, and while all the veterans jump into cover, the kids just stand there and the whole lot of them get mowed down before they even have time to get the reflex. And ever since then, my reflex is to jump into cover at the slightest hint of trouble (in video game situations that allow me).

I’ve learnt to do so from you. Sadly, some maps make it impossible to see anything through the grass, but last time round hitting the dirt helped me take out a bunch of bad guys behind some sandbags. They still got me as I was crawling back towards the others, but I survived much longer than expected... and the moment when henke crawls out of the underbrush to patch me up was pretty damn cool. (It’s in the video embedded on the previous page, roughly at 25:00.)

Thing What Kicks
    It'd be nice if ARMA had demo recording capabilities a la Quake 3. That's where the game's telemetry gets recorded to a file instead of raw video, so you can do cool shit like change player viewpoints and add proper cinematic camera movements to playback. But I think that's fallen out of fashion in these days of video streaming

I've seen videos and machinima that suggest this is possible, although it might also just be very clever use of scripting and live in-game cameras. I'm pretty certain I played a helicopter training mission (though for Arma 2) that recorded and replayed the heli teacher's moves.

Due to unexpected circumstances involving a wandering band and an electrical socket, I won't be able to run an Arma session this coming Saturday. Instead, we'll be returning to the battlefield the week after:

The next Arma 3 coop session:

Date: Sat, 23 May 2020
    Time: 3-6pm UK time

As always, I'll be online a bit before 3pm to set up the server and check who's online.

Nice game! We just finished making Fallujah a safer place... especially with our final act on the road to glory. I'll again try to put together a video based on our endeavours, but in the meantime, thanks to henke, Jeshibu and Malf!

And here's the video of last Saturday's session. It's got it all: legless soldiers, more unwitting war crimes*, Jeshibu's war crime envy and his resulting acting out against palm trees and traffic signs, Malf's impeccable skills of telling the difference between a garbage can and a civilian, Jesh's dainty little gun and henke feeling hurt not just once but twice. And that downright Hemingwayesque final exchange between Malf and henke, as the former was dying on the street: "It's a vehicle!" "Yes. Yes, it is."

*Is it worse to kill one civilian you've been tasked to protect, like last time, or two civilians but the one you're supposed to protect survives? It's a conundrum.

Date: Sat, 6 June 2020

As always, I'll be online a bit before 3pm to set up the server and check who's online.

Two things:

First, Arma 3 and its various DLCs are greatly reduced this weekend. Anyone who wants to check it out and/or complete their DLC collection should probably go and check it out on Steam.

The other thing is that I again have to move the next session by a week, I'm afraid - my apologies for the inconvenience:

Date: Sat, 13 June 2020

Level 10,000 achieved
    This week in Arma3... Jesh blows up a truck.

What you didn't mention is that the truck was already lying on its side. First the two AA vehicles scarpered off into the distance because they were scared, and then one of them flipped on its side because of its shit driver. Ah, Arma... Never change.

Well, that was the second weirdest Arma session I've ever had, but I enjoyed the weirdness of it all with henke, Jeshibu and Malf. Video with high(?)lights to follow.

Chakat sex pillow
    Cinéma vérité gifs, eh? I like it.

Arma Dogme 95. Lars von Trier would love it, except there isn’t enough violence against women.

And here's a condensed version of the mission myself. Still not managing to get these down to a shorter length, at least not much, but considering how long the whole game was compared to the one three weeks ago, I'm getting there in small steps.

My personal highlights: Jesh getting out of the helicopter a bit earlier than expected, henke's aeronautical exploits, Malf trying to make friends with a helicopter and failing, a wounded Jeshibu crawling through a building *as it's getting shelled* and me realising that henke's proposing to blow up the car I'm standing right next to a split second before he actually does it.

I'll be away in two weeks' time, so:

Date: Sat, 4 July 2020

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213