TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 38131415161718

Thread: The Fighting TTLGers present: Arma 3 (a TTLG Coop Saturdays spin-off)

Heh... :-D We played Hearts & Minds on the Fallujah map today, that's myself plus Demagoggles, henke, Jeshibu and Malf. It's a more free-form mission type where you have a base with various vehicles and a range of hardware. We had to complete a number of smaller missions - but mainly we found ourselves making the local militia very, very angry... so that they countered our tank (yes! Malf finally got to have some fun in a tank!) with tanks of their own, plus gunships, and lots and lots of enemy infantry.

It's perhaps not the best mission type for our smaller, more casual group, at least if we want to actually make some headway. If we do, we probably need a bit more in the way of tactics and a more varied approach, e.g. two of us in an attack chopper, four of us in an MRAP or something. I'd definitely be up for trying this again sometime, but probably with a different approach.

Couple of things we noted this mission:
    • We should all be in the Steam group chat, so that when everyone's down we can message one another to say that we either respawn (if possible) or quit the mission. Right now I tend to get some messages in the group chat and some in individual chats by the people playing, so I'm often busy relaying messages from one person to the team and back.
    • Due to the ACE medical system, when you're unconscious you don't really see what's going on around you (well, duh...) and you can't communicate - so it's probably best that the person treating your wounds keeps talking, so you know whether you're actually being looked after of if everyone's abandoned you.
    • Again, with the ACE medical system, I think we need to get better at actually staying in touch via radio. When someone tries to raise a team mate on the radio and they don't answer, they don't know if that person is down otherwise.

Anyway, that's it. Fun mission, I'll see if I can also put together a short video, and I'll probably run another Arma session in three weeks, on 22 May (TBC). Over and out!

I'll be doing the next Arma 3 coop session in three weeks:

Date: Sat, 22 May
    Time: 3-6pm UK time
    As always, I'll be online a bit before 3pm to set up the server and check who's online.

And here's a short video of the beginning of last Saturday's mission. Sadly I didn't have any good footage from later in the mission, as I was always looking away from the interesting stuff happening, such as Malf flipping another tank or Dema getting blown up by an IED...

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 38131415161718