TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Rebellion of the Builder 2: Mission 4 "A City with Problems"

That person is an agent of Kanthar, whom you'll meet in a later mission. Don't bother trying to catch him.

The beam is the vertical one you see before you. It lures out the guard who is hiding in a cut-out. However, Saria's superior speed makes it easy for her to outrun an out-of-shape drunk.
    Last edited by Ricebug; 21st Aug 2017 at 11:57. Reason: It's not Brian!

Thanks guys for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i think mission 4 has a issue? grabbing loot of guard in house worth 50 cause one objective to get red for helping people get loot? then game ends

well now it someone is ok,have no idea why it did that
    I had the same thing twice, in different places.

Are there lockpicks in this mission? I only found a water way key that nowhere fits.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

@Gloria:
    Saria's "warrior code" won't let her steal or use lockpicks, she has to earn loot or find gems/etc in natural places. To avoid failing the objective, pick up bodies when the whole body is highlighted and not the purse, then nothing is added to your total and you can carry/move them.

OK I get that Dahenjo, but then I need a lot of keys.

Also: how do I open the wall in the well? I see no button or lever anywhere

Last edited by Gloria Creep; 21st Aug 2017 at 17:25.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Gloria you will find a way to open it in the sewers.

No one at home at Greg's. Where are they all?

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    Gloria you will find a way to open it in the sewers.
    It's a good idea to talk to the pagans near the castle first.

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    No one at home at Greg's. Where are they all?
    Did you check the balcony?

Yup, Dahenjo, deserted!

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    Yup, Dahenjo, deserted!
    Strange, you're sure it's the bldg right next to where you find Greg, that you unlock after finding his key, and you talked to him twice before going in, but nobody was on the top floor balcony?

That's right. I went into the warehouseround the back first. Whacked a few guards, then a couple of unarmed thief types came at me in the street - a man and a woman.
    Dealt with them, then I spoke to Greg and got his key, but no one in the building.
    Maybe they came out after me and I broke the objective?

I've also managed to steal a purse off an archer without failing.

Gonna have to give this one up, I think. Cannot finish Greg's objective. I'm up above the power plant but the guy here will not speak to me.
    I've also read about the clock piece in the mattress when I found it, it was not frobbable.
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 22nd Aug 2017 at 19:14.

@frobbin hood:
    Greg's key is behind the wooden fence by the warehouse, Saria makes a comment in the street that it's probably back there, you don't need to go inside. Those thieves are your targets on Greg's balcony, there must've been enough ruckus to lure them away. To complete it properly you'll need to replay that part. You're allowed to enter the power plant by helping Greg. That clock piece isn't frobbable until a certain point in mission.

Thanks Dahenjo,

But I have already found Greg's key and been in his house. Could it be because I didn't realise who they were andkilled the thieves rather than KO'd them that the objective will not tick off?
    I have tried carrying them and dumping them back inside, but no good. Looks like I'll have to skip to the next mission...

@frobbin hood
    Yeah, you'd have to start over since there are scripted events based on them being in Greg's, then you end up with a scroll to get into the power plant and without that it's probably further broken. It never happened in testing despite going into the warehouse before finishing Greg's quest. I'll let GORT know to hopefully fix that in the next update.

@ frobbin hood

OK. This version of the mission should have the Greg conversation fixed. Just put this file in your current version. The downfall is that you'll have to restart the mission. Save files keep data from the older version of the mission.
    Miss24.mis

So I have a dilemma... I have the letter of recommendation from Greg and I've completed everything else in the objectives, with the exception of giving the letter from Greg to the Mechanist guards so I can enter the plant.

My problem comes about every time I approach the Mechanist guards they chase and try to kill me!

Is there another way for me to enter the water plant and get the objective checked off?

Quote Originally Posted by HauntHunter View Post
    So I have a dilemma... I have the letter of recommendation from Greg and I've completed everything else in the objectives, with the exception of giving the letter from Greg to the Mechanist guards so I can enter the plant.

My problem comes about every time I approach the Mechanist guards they chase and try to kill me!

Is there another way for me to enter the water plant and get the objective checked off?
    Nevermind, I distracted the Mechanist guards and when I approach the plant doors, they swung wide open for me!

I think mission 4 is broken because of some scripting issues. I completed 4 tasks of helping but the objective of finding a way to be a guest of the king wont's check. I hope a patch is forthcoming.

@onetruekeeper
    Did Arthur grant you permission to enter, the castle gate guard let you in, etc? Everything else seemed to work as it should except that objective didn't complete? If not, give more details.

He did but I believe I broke the game because I entered the castle by jumping onto one of the towers and spoke to the queen. The guards inside did not challenge me and I got out the front gate. The objective to find a way to be a guest of the king still did not check when I went to the area where Garrett was supposed to be waiting. I returned to the castle only to find the gate locked and the guard not responding. So I did the mission all over again and entered through the front gate then spoke to the queen then went to the building where the mission should end. Mission was completed.

I can not findthe switch in the sewers that opens the well. Is there another section of sewers? Of the thousands of missions I have played this series is the most perplexing of them all.

@ bedwine

Once you've initiated the request to get the gem from Ruffus' house, the switch that's in the sewer will be enabled (frobable). It's located near the first Frog beast you'll encounter.

I cleared the sewers of frog beasts and the spider before I initiated the request to get the gem.In fact I woke one of the zombies and got him to chase me out into the streets to deal with the guard in the small out outpost near the beginning. Would that make a difference?

No, it shouldn't.
    Once you flip that switch, you'll want to head for the well as soon as you can before Ruffus gets out of his house.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast