TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Rebellion of the Builder 2: Mission 4 "A City with Problems"

Still untrusted

In spite of having helped Greg, Arthur and Willow, and explicitly receiving the verbal recommendation from Arthur ("objective completed") the castle guard sternly refuses my request to enter.

I've also tried to help the fourth person behind the window above the Power Plant, but he did not react in any way, just stood there without noticing my approach. Do I have to do something else to call his attention (other than clicking his moneybox, which was also useless)? Or do I have to climb up there in some special way (instead of crossing some slippery roofs, as I did)?

The blacksmith has 2 doors with lockboxes. The "private home key" from the thief opened the left one but I couldn't get past the untouchable guard behind it, and I found no key for the right one. Also, I found what looks like the cuckoo for the big clock in an upstairs bed, but it remains unfrobbable.

I'd appreciate any help / explanation on these issues (playing on Deathwish).

@csamba - sounds like something is broken if the castle guard won't let you in despite finishing Arthur's objective, and also that 4th person not responding. The intended way to access the power plant roof is via the castle after visiting there, so that might be related to the problem. That other key for the blacksmith is higher up, there's a ladder nearby outside. Also that clock piece becomes frobbable after being in the castle.

Don't know what to suggest except replaying from an earlier save before going on the roofs, or was that after you couldn't get into castle?.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    Don't know what to suggest except replaying from an earlier save before going on the roofs, or was that after you couldn't get into castle?.
    Thank you for the detailed explanation. I have in fact already replayed this mission 3 times (on all difficulty levels, and varying the sequence of helping people, visiting the warehouse, Power and Water plants, etc - each time arriving to the castle gate just to face the same frustration.

BTW, I found an obviously irregular way into the castle (by jump/mantling to one of the towers from the top of the high back wall of the Power Plant), met the queen who also remained totally ignorant of me, and revisited the guy in the top window thereafter - but nothing changed.

Thanks anyway. Looks like I have to give up and skip this level, even if I hate doing so...

@czamba
    I don't know why that's happening, it sounds like you're doing everything right. Maybe keep a save after Arthur gives the recommendation but before going to the castle that GORT could check out.

I just ran through it on expert and the guard lets me right in. Someone else reported getting in the castle that way (it's supposed to work the other way around, you access the power plant roofs via the castle towers) but I believe the queen responded and everything worked correctly except that the objective to enter as a guest never checked off.
    Last edited by Dahenjo; 31st Aug 2017 at 00:40.

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    In spite of having helped Greg, Arthur and Willow, and explicitly receiving the verbal recommendation from Arthur ("objective completed") the castle guard sternly refuses my request to enter.

I've also tried to help the fourth person behind the window above the Power Plant, but he did not react in any way, just stood there without noticing my approach. Do I have to do something else to call his attention (other than clicking his moneybox, which was also useless)? Or do I have to climb up there in some special way (instead of crossing some slippery roofs, as I did)?

The blacksmith has 2 doors with lockboxes. The "private home key" from the thief opened the left one but I couldn't get past the untouchable guard behind it, and I found no key for the right one. Also, I found what looks like the cuckoo for the big clock in an upstairs bed, but it remains unfrobbable.

I'd appreciate any help / explanation on these issues (playing on Deathwish).
    Same problem here. I have started over 3 times to try to find a fix. The guy in the upstairs window does not respond. Getting to that window was ridiculous having to back tracking to get a box to stand on. No rope arrows. Why is everything lit up with no water arrows? I have to give up for now. I'll come back in a few days to try it again.

I got the same problem, at first, with the guard not letting me into the castle - and the guy (Frank) in the upper room above the power plant not reacting. But I think this is because the game requires you do things in the "right" order - and in particular you need to have a conversation with the guard at the castle gate before you get the authorised entry/pass from Arthur for helping 3 citizens. I didn't want to approach the guard early on as I expected him to be hostile - but he isn't. Without that first conversation he wouldn't raise the gate for me later.

In the first conversation the guard tells you you can't come in without the right credentials and Saria says something about probably having to help people first. When you come back with the pass having met Arthur the last time then the guard will raise the gate - or did for me.

As Dahenjo indicated: if you then visit Frank via the castle turrets/roof having got entry into the castle he will speak to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    Without that first conversation he wouldn't raise the gate for me later.
    You're right, I just confirmed this is the case and let GORT know. During testing I also thought he might be hostile so didn't approach him at first and he always let me in after finishing with Arthur, but I hadn't tried it again without doing so. I'm sure it'll get fixed in the next update, but for now players will need to go talk to him first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    ...but for now players will need to go talk to him first.
    Confirmed! This mission appears to be what I'd call "pseudo-nonlinear": you can do things in any order, but if you don't follow the only - and far from obvious - "right path" you are screwed...
    Also, at least IMHO, some of the puzzles (like the castle gate, the cuckoo, or the "clue" in the bank) require either an almost divine intuition, or sheer luck...

I think I've been everywhere, finishing with 2/2 secrets and 1000/1055 loot - no idea about the missing 55 (got the nugget from the secret chest, of course) .

@csamba - for missing 55 loot - look for coins in fountain and near bank steps outside, scattered coins on balcony of building you start from, and check out some barrels near water plant.

Thanks again, got them all (my eyes were a bit tortured by the search...)

Hi!

I may have found a solution to that gate-not-opening problem.
    From the three citizens, I helped Arthur the last time. The gate haven't opened for me. Then I returned to Arthur and a script of him, giving me recommendation triggered. The objective also did check. When I went back to the gate, it opened without problem. Hope it helped some.

@Taylor - the others had the recommendation from Arthur and the objective checked, but still couldn't pass because they didn't talk to the gate guard before that point.

I found the switch/lever to access Rufus's place, but it isn't frobable. Any ideas ?

You need to talk to the pagans near castle first.

I am inside the water plant. I got an orange key but it doesn't open the orange doors. Where can I find a key for those?

The lock is on the side of the door, use the key on that not the door itself.

Yep I did that, but it does not work. The key is called red water plant key

Well, that's why, it needs to say 'orange water plant key' for the orange doors; there's also a red door in there to open.

Quote Originally Posted by UliB View Post
    @soldi: back in waterworks

Picture here
    Cannot find this place anymore.....

Sorry, found it!!!!!
    Last edited by maga; 8th Oct 2017 at 09:37. Reason: ETA

You can delete your own posts, you know.

But yeah, if you want to find out something, just post it and you will instantly succeed in doing so. Works every time!

Well, I see that my best bet is to just force the mission end and hope the next one works better.

edit: That didn't work out well. The game now crashes when it tries to load the next mission.
    I'll find some other fan mod to play.
    It's a shame, too. I enjoyed the first two missions quite a bit, but 3 and 4 are simply too frustrating. I attempted to restart mission 4 and follow all of the advice above and found that I had simply lost interest.

Some good work here, though.
    Last edited by tone_lord; 17th Oct 2017 at 06:50.

I seem to be stuck as well, as i have a bug regarding the silver gear in the water plant.
    I used it on the gearbox next to the elevator and the panel above opened just fine.
    But the elevator buttons remain inactive and unfrobbable.
    Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure why those buttons were acting strange, but I've change them to make them work correctly. Here's an updated version of the mission.
    The downfall is that you'll have to restart the mission.
    Miss24.mis

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    I'm not sure why those buttons were acting strange, but I've change them to make them work correctly. Here's an updated version of the mission.
    The downfall is that you'll have to restart the mission.
    Miss24.mis
    Thanks, that did solve the problem with the elevator buttons, they now work fine for me.
    Unfortunately something else is now broken
    According to the walkthru i'm supposed to "snag the Kurshok’s sword hanging on one of the other posts", but the sword remains unfrobbable after killing the Kurshok, so again i'm stuck.
    Last edited by The Elusive One; 21st Oct 2017 at 12:50.

so if we don't get denied by the castle guard, we can't be allowed in later?
    I've already completed my helper tasks, and he only tells me I require credentials

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast