TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Rebellion of the Builder 2: Mission 4 "A City with Problems"

OK. I've found out what was going on. It's missing a file. Here ya go.

darkhooks.dlx
    Last edited by GORT; 22nd Oct 2017 at 08:37.

is this a gate fix? where does it need to go?

Since you're using version 1.20, there are some missing files (both darkhooks.dlx and ThiefLib.osl).
    Put these into the zip file and/or in the FM's installed folder. (not in the sub-folders)

darkhooks.dlx
    ThiefLib.osl

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    Put these into the zip file and/or in the FM's installed folder. (not in the sub-folders)
    that would be C:\thief2\FMs\TROTB2v1_20 correct?
    it hasn't changed anything... do I need to start the mission over, or tell it to see those files now?

OK. You'll have to uninstall the FM. Put those files into the FM zip file. Now, reinstall the FM. The saves that you have made in this mission should still work. If not, you'll need to restart the mission.

that didn't seem to do anything, the guard still denies me even though I have completed the recommendation objective. (and I made sure the files were installed)
    any other ways into the castle? I tried crates at the windows, but the slits are a little too small for me to fit through

Oh, that guard. You'll need to confront that him before getting the letter of recommendation. I'll try to get that fixed as soon as I can.

Yeah, after adding the missing files i could get the Kurshok's sword, but like MrMunkeepants i'm now stuck in front of the guard unable to get in.
    Seriously it's at the complete other end of the map, how are you supposed to know to go there first?
    This seems like a really bad design choice.

Yeah, there's a conversation event conflict going on. The first one is not being taken out like it should be after getting the recommendation. I'll get that fixed as soon as I can.

EDIT: Here's an updated version of the mission. Sadly, you'll need to restart.

Miss24.mis
    Last edited by GORT; 24th Oct 2017 at 04:07.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    Yeah, there's a conversation event conflict going on. The first one is not being taken out like it should be after getting the recommendation. I'll get that fixed as soon as I can.

EDIT: Here's an updated version of the mission. Sadly, you'll need to restart.

Miss24.mis
    I think I'll pass. The missing files in v1.20 means that 4 of the 7 missions i have played so far needs to be restarted and it has soured me on the whole campaign.

I have a load of new games to play at the moment and more are being released in the coming weeks, so maybe I'll have another go at this campaign sometime next year, when my frustration has diminished.

Playing on DW and stuck with 'help enough people to earn 500' objective. I have killed the Kurshok, found the gem for the pagans, and evicted the squatters for that guy near the start. Still only have 400, so is there someone else to help and where are they? Thanks.
    Last edited by Cigam; 23rd Feb 2018 at 18:37.

Hmmm... Have you helped Frank?

Ah thanks. Out of interest, are there any more quest-givers than the three already mentiond and Frank? Just want to make sure I now know them all. Also, is there an alternative routeto get to Frank other than the rooftops?

One other thing, you may be aware of this minor "bug" but if you go back to the start having done everything other than the loot requirment, the objective to go back there completes anyway. Meaning that as soon as I gave the book back to Frank the mission ended. Rathere than the mission ending at the proper point.

Hi. Is there anyother way to get to Frank other than via the castle turret, both times?

so i am replaying this series and for the life of me i cant find the red warehouse key,i read all post but its not anywhere wonder if i got a error?i am doing 1.01 version i think

@Cigam - yes, in the recessed corner just to the left of the power plant doors, using crates you can get up to the flat roof from where you can access Frank's window, although it may not be frobbable until a certain point.

@downwinder - if you mean the red water plant key it's on 2nd floor of warehouse.

where on second floor? i have been inside the room where you shoot arrowing to bugbeast head but the key that was in there is not the red key,i am stuck please outright tell me

keys i got so far orange water plant key,gregs house key,storage room key ,water plant gate key,blacksmith key,a silver key no name,private building key,a dull silver key,2 bronzish looking keys

i know one of those silver keys opened a chest in water plant that had a healing potion in it,not sure what the darker silver key did
    Last edited by downwinder; 27th Apr 2018 at 20:48.

2nd floor of warehouse not water plant, it's on a workbench.

thank you so much ,wonder if it appears there after something as i actually place a box on it earlier and saw nothing

Hello thief friends!

Now I'm in the 4th mission of The Rebellion of the Builder 2 campaign (thanks GORT for the great creation!) And I'm stuck.

Can someone say where Greg hid the silver gear? (for the elevator in the warehouse)

[IMG][/IMG]

and the second question is:

I explored the city roofs and discovered a man on the roof directly opposite the bank (room with many green safes and a guard) and a switch floating in the air right next to it. If you press the switch, the same signal comes, as when finding a Secrets. But no door opens near the switch on the roof

Does anyone know what this switch opens?

[IMG][/IMG]

Thank you for your help!

Ok. For that gear you're lookin' for... That pic with the forklift, you 're not too far away. It's behind the orange warehouse door.

As for the the second pic. I must say congrats, but also that area wasn't suppose to be accessible. You see, the AI there controls one of the events in that mission, and the button is part of one of those events. I guess I should've put them in a better place.

it interesting that you said that gort as i also found one one the mission where yu have to get the juice for that pagan,i used roofs to access him,and along way was a small floating button,i am guessing its for a.i. also

Yeah. Before knowing about some scripts, some of my earlier FMs might still have some of my physical If-Then event rooms in the missions.

Where is the orange key?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast