TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Death's Cold Embrace: Mission 2 "A Formula For Success"

Thank you Yandros for your help

Boy, am I conflicted about this mission.

Was that a guard's present for his mom that I just stole?

Did I just rob children?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    and yes

Quote Originally Posted by ultravioletu View Post
    Did someone else tried ghosting yet? If yes: were you able to sneak past the street guard without the first alert?
    I did. This one should be Supreme ghostable. But there are a lot of difficult patrols. Skipped 100 worth of loot.

Yeah, in the end it did occur to me to use the counter-intuitive side, the shade was there for everyone to see, apart from me apparently.

Insides are hell, indeed. I am not done with the mission (supreme way), I am progressing at the rate "one problem every other day", I guess I am not dedicated enough. I know exactly what loot is unpickable for supreme, we just discussed about that issue. Relieved to know that everything else is possible, I'm aware I have a couple of tricky problems ahead, but at least they're not hopeless...

PS: Did you go into the freezer "the intended way"? Even if you consider it a bust, which I don't, you should record it (with a reload, if must), in one of the later missions you'll see why
    Last edited by ultravioletu; 25th Dec 2017 at 05:33. Reason: added spoiler tag

It's very important to plan your route carefully, in order to prevent backtracking. Multiple items have to be returned for Supreme. And avoid triggering conversations that will lead to more patrollers.
    Managed to get the loot in the freezer without triggering anything both the intended and the alternate way.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Playing on hard, I'm trying to find the office key...

Thanks so much!!

That captain is a real piece of work. Would have been nice to have a lava pit somewhere in which to toss him

You know what they say, what goes around comes around.

Hey, just wondering why I end mission 1 with 8640 loot, but the cash I have in the loadout store ahead of mission 2, I only have 4140 to spend.....

From a practical standpoint, because I wanted a loadout store in mission 2, but with the loot total so high in mission 1 it meant you could buy an absurd amount of gear. The amount deducted is the minimum required to meet the Expert loot goal in mission 1 as I recall.

From a story standpoint, because a week passes between the missions, and Garrett has spent some of it. You know - rent, ale, hookers...

OK, sounds reasonable. All he does is ever steal and have no money left over his whole life anyway. By the way Russ, I'm into Fairbanks house trying not to be seen right now. Just highest, highest regards to you Russ. Very wonderful job throughout the whole campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    You know - rent, ale, hookers...
    .....tetracycline, penicillin.....

Crypt Key

I'm playing on hard and have not been able to find the key for the crypt door. Finally, I came here and saw the spreadsheet that says where the key is supposed to be located. It says for hard it should be In locked safe in Ellinsworth’s quarters, but I've been to what I suppose to be Ellinsworth's quarters because of the nameplate by the door and didn't find the key. Where should I be looking?

There is a locked safe behind the painting over the desk. The painting moves when you frob a book on the bookshelf to the right of the bed, and you may have to jump or stand on the chair to reach it.

Playing on Hard found everything with help(letters).

Assuming the balcony guard is dead and the girl needed to be elevated for a kill so everyone is dead, spread out over the entire manor. The spirits are pleased.
    Last edited by user3; 30th Nov 2018 at 16:20.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345