TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: THREAD OF HYPE

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Its not too often that brand new sequels to NES games happen.
    Technically it's not that. It's a sequel to Master Blaster Zero, which was a remake.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Al View Post
    Must admit, I kind of tired of Borderlands 2 before the end. Still, I'm guessing there'll be plenty here interested in this: https://www.usgamer.net/articles/bor...e-trailer-here

Also, this: https://www.usgamer.net/articles/bor...ee-games-in-4k
    Yeah, I'm feeling it. I don't think I've played a decent looter since...the Pre-Sequel? Huh. Anyway, embed city:

Actually, I'm kinda more pumped for this:

It would be nice if they'd add travel stations to the DLC. BL1 is still my favorite in the series aside from that annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    Actually, I'm kinda more pumped for this:

It would be nice if they'd add travel stations to the DLC. BL1 is still my favorite in the series aside from that annoyance.
    I also have a level of cautious hype, but I'm slightly concerned that if they've ported it to the Borderlands 2 engine (which they almost certainly have), the weapons won't feel nearly as chunky as they did in the original. One of the main things I didn't like about Borderlands 2 was the fact that even the most powerful guns didn't seem to have much weight to them.

Last edited by McTaffer; 28th Mar 2019 at 23:56. Reason: No idea how this double post happened. Someone please delete this.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Technically it's not that. It's a sequel to Master Blaster Zero, which was a remake.
    True.

I do wonder how different the versions of BL2 and Pre-Sequel will be to the re-releases in The Handsome Collection.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

I do wonder how different the versions of BL2 and Pre-Sequel will be to the re-releases in The Handsome Collection.
    No difference, just 4K asset patches for the existing PC/Piss 4/Xb1 releases.

Piss 4, wow.

Southquarter.com/fms
    How edgy. For a 12 year old. Maybe.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Firmament

Here's a puzzle-adventure game from Cyan, the makers of Myst. The game is Steampunk magic themed. They're currently crowdfunding on Kickstarter.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ent?ref=darx6x

The game can be played in VR, which is entirely optional.

I HATE it when games force a co-op partner on you for the entire game. For this one you can only communicate via sign language. So if your not using VR, how in the hell are you supposed to do that? How will the player be informed of what the signs are and what they communicate? Not a fan of this one, and I really enjoyed Myst.

Visually it looks great.
    Last edited by icemann; 29th Mar 2019 at 23:46.

Taking the Death Toll
    Are you going to just completely ignore getting deservedly roasted, Eva? Because that sucks all the fun out of roasting you.

Anyway...

Supposedly we're going to get a release date soon for this thing called Close to the Sun, which looks pretty interesting. Google tells me the release date is March, but, uh, we have less than two days of that, so I'm guessing either today or tomorrow will be when they announce the actual release date (they're showing off at PAX East right now.) I'm hoping it's relatively soon, but it'll probably be some bullshit like June or something.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

I HATE it when games force a co-op partner on you for the entire game. For this one you can only communicate via sign language. So if your not using VR, how in the hell are you supposed to do that? How will the player be informed of what the signs are and what they communicate? Not a fan of this one, and I really enjoyed Myst.

Visually it looks great.
    Wait, where are you getting the idea from that the game is multiplayer?

Arkane's new game Wolfenstein: Youngblood was Mass Effect Andromeda 2 all along.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Wait, where are you getting the idea from that the game is multiplayer?
    I never said multiplayer. I said co-op partner.

Maybe I should have explained better. I meant an AI partner. To get it do specific stuff, you need to do specific hand gestures, then the robot thing will do that action to assist you with the puzzles. So say, a clenched fist = "bring that object to me", or doing a throwing move = throw that object etc. That sort of thing. That's what I was referring to. None of those are gestures from the game, I'm just using that as an example.

Chakat sex pillow
    Myst V used a gesture system a la Okami to similar effect. It was interesting, if unspectacular. I don't see why it can't be pulled off with an in-game NPC and 14 years of hindsight.

I've only played the first 2 Myst games. Once they got rid of FMV and went 3D I lost interest.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Looking good, Remedy's new game, Control.

Release date is 27th August 2019 for consoles, 27th Aug 2020 for PC.

LittleFlower
    I checked the games that had me hyped in the past.

*) Tangiers.
    Dead. No news for a year. Hardly any news before that. Nobody working on the game.
    Too bad.

*) Scorn.
    October 2018 release of part 1 has been delayed.
    Now the plan is to release the whole game at once.
    When ? Nobody knows. There are supposedly 30 people working on the game.
    Nothing on their website: https://scorn-game.com/
    We'll see. I'm not hyped anymore.

*) Pathologic 2.
    By coincedence, this weekend Ice-Pick Lodge announced a release date. 23 May 2019.
    A new release-trailer was shown as well:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQIWmfC_CCw
    The trailer is a bit weird. I wonder how the game will be.
    I played the original Pathologic half-way through. I'll definitely check out this version.

Scorn - All the news is via KS only, and even that has been scattered small updates. Its another FPS with checkpoint saves only btw. I even argued with the devs over it, as they refused to even attempt manual saves. Lazy programming.

In their last update (which came out last week), they complained a bit about people wanting more updates and have far greater detail on whats going on, in detail. They responded that doing that would take too much time away from the dev work, which with the staff they have, they cant do. Well they shouldnt have gone to KS then. Other KS projects with the same staff numbers have managed regular (monthly) detailed updates. So their obviously in need of better project management.

Beyond that, all I know is they got outside funding + additional staffing help. I'm really sceptical on this one.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzemuis View Post

*) Pathologic 2.
    By coincedence, this weekend Ice-Pick Lodge announced a release date. 23 May 2019.
    A new release-trailer was shown as well:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQIWmfC_CCw
    The trailer is a bit weird. I wonder how the game will be.
    I played the original Pathologic half-way through. I'll definitely check out this version.
    It's a remake/reimagining of the first. They're just marketing it as a sequel because their publisher wishes it.

As far as I can tell, Tangiers is still in development. The updates are done mostly on Twitter and the last mention was a month ago. Last update via kickstarter was in August 2018. They also co-released Paratopic, so they are definitely still active.

Scorn - All the news is via KS only, and even that has been scattered small updates. Its another FPS with checkpoint saves only btw. I even argued with the devs over it, as they refused to even attempt manual saves. Lazy programming.
    Yeah, if they already have the save/load infrastructure in place, adding manual save shouldn't be that hard -- assuming they have full control over the code, that is. It might have been a design decision to not include it, but you probably know more about that than I do since you talked to them about it.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast