TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61116171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: THREAD OF HYPE

It's definitely captured the look and feel of system shock (more the second than the original). I feel much more hopeful for it now after the debacle of UA.

Chakat sex pillow
    That's funny, I had exactly the opposite impression in terms of which game it follows up more. The environments look a fair bit like Citadel station if you'd reimagined it for today's graphics. There's a cluttered, disjointed design to it, with some old-fashioned lighting and lettering choices, and almost none of the comparative sleekness that informed SS2's environments. There's a fair amount of body horror that could come from SS2/Dead Space, but overall it feels very much to me like the people in charge of SS1 are overseeing SS3 - there's even a ramshackle gun that looks like it could be the Sparq's big brother.

The timeline stuff is a bit concerning, since it's set before SS2.

And it goes for the major gore filled horror angle. Not a fan of that.

There are at least a couple of angles they could go for to explain how SHODAN is around and causing problems in 2085: during SS1, SHODAN was in the process of downloading herself into Earth's computer network, and that likely-incomplete copy could've been grabbed by TriOp researchers and experimented on elsewhere. Or, TriOp could've somehow gotten hold of information on how the Hacker broke SHODAN the first time, and worked from there on a fresh copy of her. Or it could be something else, who knows.

I've been purposely avoiding watching the trailer just in case it served to prove to me that the people making SS3 don't know what they're doing with the IP, but after watching it.... eh. Not great, not terrible. Certainly a better effort than Night Dive's initial foray into an SS1 remake. Probably worth playing. We'll see how it goes.

The thing is that we all want to know what happened after the end of SS2.

"Tommy. Don't you like my new look?"

"Mwahahahahaahahaha"

COME ON OTHERSIDE.

Still Subjective

RingFit Adventure for Switch has a really cool idea behind it.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Y'know, I initially dismissed it as yet another Nintendo gimmick (that also looks dumb), but then I remembered that my main morning workouts for the last couple years have been Beat Saber and Sprint Vector, and that I am in fact a big believer in videogame-assisted exercise. I might just get this, if the reviews are good!

Moderator and Priest
    That actually looks kinda fun.

Could be fun but I can't see it being much a of a real workout. Better than sitting inert on the couch I guess?

Still Subjective
    It looks like it has the potential for a good body weight workout though. Those crunches are no joke.

Chakat sex pillow
    It's been a while since I've seen an ad with presenters scraping around their insides for the energy and smiles they're supposed to summon, and end up looking like they're containing the effects of snorting smack off each other's asses.

Depending on the asses and smack in question, I can definitely see getting hyped about that.

LOL

That explains the weird lip sync problem then.

Still Subjective
    The actors are really odd aren't they? I thought that too, but I enjoyed their enthusiasm.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Untitled Goose Game AND Overland AND Zelda: Link's Awakening are all coming out today!

I've never played the original version of whatever Link's Awakening is, should I get it?

And I've been looking forward to Overland for so long I don't even know if I wanna play it any more. Gotta wait for reviews.

And that Untitled Goose Game, which, yes, is still called Untitled Goose Game. Will it live up to the HYPE?

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    I've never played the original version of whatever Link's Awakening is, should I get it?
    If you like 2D Zelda games in the same vein as LttP, then yeah, you should.

Level 10,000 achieved
    The only Zelda I've really played is Breath of the Wild. :|

Link's Awakening is pricey tho, 60 bucks! Eh, might still get it, we'll see.

Played through Link's Awakening on my gameboy decades ago. Excellent game.

Moderator and Priest
    I think Link's Awakening was one of the first games I bought brand new.

It's funny how I discovered it. This was back in the day before you got endless previews for every game under the sun. I had no idea that a Gameboy Zelda was coming out until I saw it running on one of those big screen GB kiosks at Walmart. Thought it was the coolest thing ever, and happily mowed as many lawns as I could to get the cash to buy it when it came out.

When I first fired it up, and saw this little intro, I knew then it was totally worth it.

Link's Awakening remains to this day my favorite Zelda. It's just goofy good awesome fun.

Linkís Awakening *is* excellent, so if you havenít played it before, Iíd say get it, based on reviews that have said itís basically exactly the same. I feel a bit less enthused about paying $80 for a game Iíve already played a couple times already, but weíll see. Iíve got the goose game in the meantime, and itís pretty much just what itís been billed as (lol) all along. Its not the most fun to actually play, but it still cracks me up every time.

Moderator and Priest
    It's been at least a couple of decades since I last played through it, and it is one of my favorite games, so I figured that was enough for me to drop full price on it.

Though it's not exactly the same. There are a few tweaks and prods made to the base game to fill it out a little more, like, for instance, more secret seashells, enough heart pieces to fill out two full rows of hearts, and a redesigned Trendy Game that will piss you right slap the hell off with its ultra realistic crane physics. It's all little stuff, but enough to maybe pique your interest.

One thing I really like is how they mixed the old Gameboy soundtrack in alongside the orchestrated stuff for the dungeons. It's particularly good in the Face Shrine (it start 50 seconds in).

And for reference...

Last edited by Renzatic; 22nd Sep 2019 at 03:28.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    Noita is a physics driven sandbox... rougelike?

Anyway, looks cool. Will be following this. I liked the Swapper as far as I played it.

This has now been released. I'm watching playthroughs and pretty into it ... not quite enough to pay $20 for early access. But I want to get it at some point.

Chakat sex pillow
    I like how 90% of the game's probably about how much of a danger are you going to be to yourself. And I'm pretty fucking dangerous as is.

In other news, The Last of Us 2 is out in Feb next year.

One of my peeves with Uncharted 4 was that it was obviously the result of strained development. Nate's brother ends up being not much of a foil (or in fact anything), and the dynamic with Elena went from her being essentially Skylar from Breaking Bad to... well, whatever that weirdness was. It's obviously a game that's too long, paced too loose, and the story and acting is unusually inert for a series that's usually full of rollercoaster Indiana Jones madness. I'm seeing some of that inertness translate to TLoU 2, where it probably fits better, but I'm hoping they've figured out the pacing this time.

I hope the trailer is misleading and they're not just giving Ellie a girlfriend to kill her off or have her kidnapped. While I trust Naughty Dog to tell such a story well, it's still a tired trope, and it's not much less tired if the relationship in question is a lesbian one.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61116171819202122232425 LastLast