TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 27121722232425262728 LastLast

Thread: THREAD OF HYPE

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    And I thought Ghost of Tsushima was multiplatform.
    Nope.

We have a thread about PS4 games already. A lot of good exclusives imho. And unless you already played this gens games on another platform there are lots of non-exclusives.

Level 10,000 achieved
    This is really something else.

Errant Signal did a video about it:

I haven't played it, but it sounded interesting - though not necessarily my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Oh wow, looks like they may've completely remade Mafia 1. It's coming to Steam too. Definitely keen for this.

Wonder if they've polished up the gameplay of Mafia 3 gameplay loop? (Eg made it less repetitive.) Maybe restored deleted content for Mafia 2? I doubt it though.
    WOOT How come I haven't even heard of this?! This has got to be the best gaming news of the year for me. I absolutely love(d) Mafia 1 and it's surely in my top 10 games ever, but it's been about ten years since I played it, and even though I actually thought about it just the other day, I didn't expect to get back to it ever again. (I have a feeling that it hasn't aged so well.) It's funny how the story is like a bunch of old mafia cliches thrown together, but it still feels so good. I hope they've kept the unforgiving gameplay too (apart from the boss fight at the end that was quite silly), oh and the music! That brings back some good memories.

Mafia 2 was good but yeah, it desperately needs some of that deleted content to be great. I haven't played it for a couple of years either, but I remember it felt awfully rushed. I don't mind if they leave Mafia 3 untouched, even though I really enjoyed that game as well, and totally agree with you that the gameplay needs some polishing to be less repetitive.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Mafia 2 remaster should be dropping tomorrow, according to a Xbox Store leak. Hopefully it's a free upgrade for Steam users (eg like Bioshock HD Collection was), but I'll take a loyalty discount if the price is right. $5 USD loyalty discount would be an effortless cop.

Tomorrow? Ah, I don't have very high hopes for the Mafia 2 remaster then. If there were some significant changes or improvements, they probably would have announced it a long time ago.

According to Steam, I last played Mafia 2 a little more than two years ago, and for such an old game I thought it still looked excellent then. The gunplay is a lot of fun too and I remember really liking the driving, so I don't think that this game needs a traditional remaster. I hope that they've at least done something about the open-world stuff that was cut from the game - not that I even want Mafia to be a GTA-like open-world game, it's just that the city of Empire Bay feels a bit dead when there's almost nothing at all that you can do.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Command & Conquer Remastered Includes Mod Support, EA Releases Source Code

EA does something good for once. Meanwhile at Blizztard we have Warcraft 3 Deforged, where they made not only made the "remaster" worse than the original, but went back and patched the original version to be shittier too.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    Ghost of Tsushima is looking dope.
    My Tsushima fan page just reminded me that there are only 40 Tsushima horses left in the world, so they're pretty endangered. I liked hanging out with one stabled near me while I lived there. Anyway, long story short, remember that when you're riding the horses in Ghost of Tsushima. They're a special breed. Also very short.

Still Subjective
    Interesting. I had no idea that was a thing.

The island is actually named after them. Tsushima (対馬) means "twin horses". It's kind of a word play. Tsu-shima (対島), what most people think it is, means twin islands. It's made up of two large islands top to bottom, so it makes sense. But tsushi-ma (対馬), its actual name, means twin horses. The characters for island (島) and horse are similar (馬), and most people assume its twin islands. I wrote it out as twin horses for some old lady and she tried to correct me, and I made her pull out the map to see it's twin horses.

I saw in one of the videos where the guy was looking at the place where the two islands meet. It's a really pretty part. It looks like God dropped it and it shattered into hundreds of little islets right at that place. I used to drive along the coast overlooking it every day to teach, when the sun was rising and then setting, and it was always so pretty.

Ha, and you're a fan of 対馬馬 (tsushima uma), then? They kind of look like overgrown ponies.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

I was looking forward to open world shark game, Maneater. Turns out it has monotonous copypasta activities, that make Assassin's Creed 1 seem like it the most diverse sandbox ever. Dodged a bullet here, thank you Epic Store timed exclusivity for once.

Last edited by EvaUnit02; 29th May 2020 at 08:19.

Were you expecting an immersive sim from the shark simulator?

An immersive sim where your a shark would be interesting. Closest there has been to that was a Jaws game on the PS2.

Still Subjective
    Pyrian with the joke.

icemann with the whooooooosh

See, it's a simulator, and it takes place in the water, so you're immersed, and, oh, nevermind.

I'd mostly expect a shark game to be an immersive swim.

Moderator and Priest
    I see what you did there, Nameless.

Oh, I can totally see it. Will your shark snipe the target from half a kilometre away? Will it swim through vents? Will it hack into the submarine station's computers? Will it suavely talk its way out of a tight spot? Alpha Protocol... with sharks! Though, if my shark can't grow a gnarly beard, I'm outta there.

Or perhaps something a bit more focused? Jaws: The Wet Project, Jaws: The Neoprene Age and Jaws: Deadly Flippers?

There's a demo of Desperados 3 out on GOG today.

I played through it, and it seems exactly like I was expecting it to be. Desperados mixed with Shadow Tactics.

Since the game was announced, I've played through Desperados 1 (which was great), and gave up on Desperados 2 (which ... wasn't great.)
    Third one seems to be closer to the first one, e.g. not terrible.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    Alpha Protocol... with sharks!
    Speaking of which, I've yet to play Alpha Protocol without sharks yet, despite having owned it for about 10 years now.

Maybe I should get around to doing that one day.

Chakat sex pillow
    You're missing out. I envy people who've yet to experience Steven Heck or Sie for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    icemann with the whooooooosh
    I knew he was being sarcastic. I think it'd make for a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    I saw in one of the videos where the guy was looking at the place where the two islands meet. It's a really pretty part. It looks like God dropped it and it shattered into hundreds of little islets right at that place. I used to drive along the coast overlooking it every day to teach, when the sun was rising and then setting, and it was always so pretty.
    Wow. Might be one of those rare times when it feels like a game's made just for you.

Moderator and Priest
    Playing through Xenoblade Chronciles Remastered. Considering I originally played this on the 3DS, it feels like it's a huge, HUGE upgrade in presentation.

Even compared to the Wii original, it's a fairly impressive package. The character and enemy models have been completely redone, and a majority of the decorative models, such as trees, bushes, pots, pipes, and whatnot, are higher quality. The actual landscape geometry has been left unchanged, but it still looks better due to having higher resolution PBR textures applied to everything. The boost in ambient lighting quality and addition of shadow maps makes the biggest difference here.

Overall, I'm glad I got it. I'll more than likely finish it this go-round.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 27121722232425262728 LastLast