TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4914192425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: THREAD OF HYPE

I read something recently that said the top 100 PS4 games (based on playtime) will be available at launch, and more (possibly thousands) will added later.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/03...chnical-specs/

Huh, I didn't even know that Journey was coming to Steam.
    Well, anyway, it's here now!

Chakat sex pillow
    No one super hyped about the PS5 showing?

Yeah, me neither. Some of that stuff was interesting, most of it was as expected. I didn't think Ratchet & Clank would turn out to be the SSD showcase, but there you have it. Anyway, it looks like a case of this generation, same as the last generation - an initial batch of intergenerational advances, with most of the ambitious titles coming from Sony's first party studios. A lot of the stuff showed seemed cool but at the same time also really rough, likely because they're still in heavy development.

Anyway, out of the lot, this stood out because it's ridiculous and strange and also... kinda cool.

(Knowing Capcom though, it's anyone's guess whether it'll actually see the light of day or end up like their PS4 announcement for Deep Down.)

Play has no limits... PS5 exclusive, PS5 exclusive, PS5 exclusive....

Chakat sex pillow
    A buncha those non first-party games are actually multiplatform (as in coming to the PC), but yeah, it's Sony's style to not really call attention to that in their showcases.

Re: Pragmata... Production looks great and I'm sure it will have some interesting, out-there ideas, but I'm not feeling it. It wasn't being ridiculous in the right way, and I don't get any vibe that it's really trying to be indie or norm-breaking.

That trailer mainly made me think, "Hideo Kojima, is that you?" Though it'd be surprisingly sedate for Kojima.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Been following this on twitter for a while now but it just got a proper trailer.

I like the idea of taking skate's controls and making a platforming game out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    Speaking of games with cool retro cyberpunk aesthetics, VirtuaVerse dropped today (also on GOG).
    It's a pixel art adventure game in the LucasArts mold.

This is good (love MBR's music) but goddamn impossible to finish without a walkthrough. A true classic adventure game in the worst meaning imaginable. I still liked it! Quirky humor and world, nice aesthetics.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Wait what DEADLY PREMONITION 2 is coming out THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW ALREADY!?

The reviews are starting to drop in and... they're all over the place. Of course. 57% Metacritic average. Sounds bad, but then again the original also only had 67% on Metacritic, and was still an amazing game.

Which reminds me... I don't know if they were serious or just joking around, but Suda and Swery have talked about making a Siren inspired horror game together.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Persona 5 Golden sold 500,000 copies on PC. Prospects of getting more PC ports is looking good.

https://twitter.com/Atlus_West/statu...85285764775941
    https://archive.vn/A8ZnO

Makes sense why Atlas went after RPCS3 (the ps3 emulator) with a DMCA, saying they should be the ones to decide what platform a game of theirs is runnable on, and wanting Persona 5 removed from it (which isn't possible).

Atlas didn't have a legal leg to stand on since emulation was ruled 100% legal in the courts back in the late 90s (in the Bleem vs Sony case). So it all went nowhere. All makes now though. That went down a few years ago. Was a thread up on it.

The release date & pricing for MS Flight Sim 2020 was announced today: August 18 for $60 USD (for the standard version; there's two other premium versions). That's much sooner than I thought it'd be.

I think I'm going to wait at least a week or a few weeks to see if there are any game-shattering problems out of the gate and see how the reviews are shaking out, but this is probably the thing I'm most hyped for this year.

I'm really curious about flying around a country like Myanmar that I know sort of well but isn't going to be a popular location, or countries like in sub-Saharan Africa, Central Asia, Central America, Oceana... places I used to just surf on Google Maps, especially in road view when they have it, just to see scenes that don't look like anything I've ever seen before. I mean I'm curious how well their procedural generation system really works, and if it's culturally biased to a few countries or if it can also do locations like these justice and have them look as realistic as Western Europe, the US, and Japan. If they can, then I'll really be impressed. I'm also going to see if they have all the houses & apartments I've lived in the world represented, like I'm sure a lot of people are going to look for.

Have they shown any comparisons of how the premium airports look in the standard version versus the snazzier, hand-crafted variants?

I'm hugely fascinated by what the new Microsoft Flight Simulator promises, but I don't think I'll buy it any time soon. I'm mainly waiting for helicopters, as these would allow me to explore the places I'm most interested in (i.e. the places I know best in real life - I love this sense of seeing a place I know well depicted virtually with more and more fidelity) at a slower, more leisurely pace. Airplanes have this pesky habit of needing to move forward to fly, like sharks... if sharks were able to fly.

im pretty sure it will happen one day.

also whats the specs for Flight Simulator 2020?

google is my friend. Actually suprised my pc is kinda in the middle between minimum and recommended.

This is more of an anti-hype post, but I keep looking at Watch Dogs Legion and thinking that this should get me excited: I like open-world spins on places I know, and I've liked many of Ubisoft's virtual worlds. But Legion looks and especially sounds so unbelievably tacky, heaping cliché upon cliché without any trace of wit. It makes a Guy Ritchie film feel like a nuanced depiction of English mayhem. It'd probably already improve if I ignored all the characters and the writing, but if I actively have to ignore such a large part of the game, that's a good sign that the game isn't for me. As it is, if it reviews reasonably well, I might get it once it's come way down in price, but only if I overcome the urge to tear off my ears every time I hear a line of dialogue from the game.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    This is more of an anti-hype post, but I keep looking at Watch Dogs Legion and thinking that this should get me excited
    You don't have to buy the game outright, just sub to Uplay+ for a month. I'd say sub when the game comes out, then you can also play AC Valhalla for a bit when that comes out a few weeks later.

In the above trailer the thing that I noticed is that they have sex traffickers in the game, but due to the feminist talking point of not wanting to "perpetuate the male gaze", the female models look ugly and have had their femininity toned down. Ah yup, the rich elite will TOTALLY be prepared to buy "low grade cattle" for exorbitant prices.

Feminists: ruining the day of sex slave connoisseurs since 1852.

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    In the above trailer the thing that I noticed is that they have sex traffickers in the game, but due to the feminist talking point of not wanting to "perpetuate the male gaze", the female models look ugly and have had their femininity toned down. Ah yup, the rich elite will TOTALLY be prepared to buy "low grade cattle" for exorbitant prices.
    This your theory based on a few seconds in that clip or something else? Because it sounds like a crock to me.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Xbox Live rumoured to be going completely free on consoles. MS doing away with that pay wall would be huge!
    https://youtu.be/7I9p6lpjL5g
    Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    This your theory based on a few seconds in that clip or something else? Because it sounds like a crock to me.
    Not just the clip. Female characters have been uglified and made less feminine almost universally across the board in Western AAA games over the last 5 years or so.

EvaUnit02, the gift that just keeps on giving. We don't deserve the generosity you've displayed over the last day or two.

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Xbox Live rumoured to be going completely free on consoles. MS doing away with that pay wall would be huge!
    https://youtu.be/7I9p6lpjL5gNot just the clip. Female characters have been uglified and made less feminine almost universally across the board in Western AAA games over the last 5 years or so.
    Not as far as I see.

Have you got hard evidence or is this just in your mind?

I dunno about "universally", but the changes made to Tifa in the FF7 remake before release are an example of it.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4914192425262728293031 LastLast