TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 49141924252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: THREAD OF HYPE

Which reminds me... I don't know if they were serious or just joking around, but Suda and Swery have talked about making a Siren inspired horror game together.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Persona 5 Golden sold 500,000 copies on PC. Prospects of getting more PC ports is looking good.

https://twitter.com/Atlus_West/statu...85285764775941
    https://archive.vn/A8ZnO

The release date & pricing for MS Flight Sim 2020 was announced today: August 18 for $60 USD (for the standard version; there's two other premium versions). That's much sooner than I thought it'd be.

I think I'm going to wait at least a week or a few weeks to see if there are any game-shattering problems out of the gate and see how the reviews are shaking out, but this is probably the thing I'm most hyped for this year.

I'm really curious about flying around a country like Myanmar that I know sort of well but isn't going to be a popular location, or countries like in sub-Saharan Africa, Central Asia, Central America, Oceana... places I used to just surf on Google Maps, especially in road view when they have it, just to see scenes that don't look like anything I've ever seen before. I mean I'm curious how well their procedural generation system really works, and if it's culturally biased to a few countries or if it can also do locations like these justice and have them look as realistic as Western Europe, the US, and Japan. If they can, then I'll really be impressed. I'm also going to see if they have all the houses & apartments I've lived in the world represented, like I'm sure a lot of people are going to look for.

Have they shown any comparisons of how the premium airports look in the standard version versus the snazzier, hand-crafted variants?

I'm hugely fascinated by what the new Microsoft Flight Simulator promises, but I don't think I'll buy it any time soon. I'm mainly waiting for helicopters, as these would allow me to explore the places I'm most interested in (i.e. the places I know best in real life - I love this sense of seeing a place I know well depicted virtually with more and more fidelity) at a slower, more leisurely pace. Airplanes have this pesky habit of needing to move forward to fly, like sharks... if sharks were able to fly.

im pretty sure it will happen one day.

also whats the specs for Flight Simulator 2020?

google is my friend. Actually suprised my pc is kinda in the middle between minimum and recommended.

This is more of an anti-hype post, but I keep looking at Watch Dogs Legion and thinking that this should get me excited: I like open-world spins on places I know, and I've liked many of Ubisoft's virtual worlds. But Legion looks and especially sounds so unbelievably tacky, heaping cliché upon cliché without any trace of wit. It makes a Guy Ritchie film feel like a nuanced depiction of English mayhem. It'd probably already improve if I ignored all the characters and the writing, but if I actively have to ignore such a large part of the game, that's a good sign that the game isn't for me. As it is, if it reviews reasonably well, I might get it once it's come way down in price, but only if I overcome the urge to tear off my ears every time I hear a line of dialogue from the game.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    This is more of an anti-hype post, but I keep looking at Watch Dogs Legion and thinking that this should get me excited
    You don't have to buy the game outright, just sub to Uplay+ for a month. I'd say sub when the game comes out, then you can also play AC Valhalla for a bit when that comes out a few weeks later.

In the above trailer the thing that I noticed is that they have sex traffickers in the game, but due to the feminist talking point of not wanting to "perpetuate the male gaze", the female models look ugly and have had their femininity toned down. Ah yup, the rich elite will TOTALLY be prepared to buy "low grade cattle" for exorbitant prices.

Feminists: ruining the day of sex slave connoisseurs since 1852.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    In the above trailer the thing that I noticed is that they have sex traffickers in the game, but due to the feminist talking point of not wanting to "perpetuate the male gaze", the female models look ugly and have had their femininity toned down. Ah yup, the rich elite will TOTALLY be prepared to buy "low grade cattle" for exorbitant prices.
    This your theory based on a few seconds in that clip or something else? Because it sounds like a crock to me.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Xbox Live rumoured to be going completely free on consoles. MS doing away with that pay wall would be huge!
    https://youtu.be/7I9p6lpjL5g
    Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    This your theory based on a few seconds in that clip or something else? Because it sounds like a crock to me.
    Not just the clip. Female characters have been uglified and made less feminine almost universally across the board in Western AAA games over the last 5 years or so.

EvaUnit02, the gift that just keeps on giving. We don't deserve the generosity you've displayed over the last day or two.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Xbox Live rumoured to be going completely free on consoles. MS doing away with that pay wall would be huge!
    https://youtu.be/7I9p6lpjL5gNot just the clip. Female characters have been uglified and made less feminine almost universally across the board in Western AAA games over the last 5 years or so.
    Not as far as I see.

Have you got hard evidence or is this just in your mind?

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    Not as far as I see.

Have you got hard evidence or is this just in your mind?
    By "uglified" he's referring to how female characters don't have as ridiculously huge boobs and impractical armor that show off as much skin as possible these days.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    I dunno about "universally", but the changes made to Tifa in the FF7 remake before release are an example of it.
    She's uglified and less feminine? O_o

Who knew women are the sexier the more closely they resemble origami polio survivors.

The Eye of Orlo opens
    *rolls dice*
    16 titties fall out

so instead if uglified we mean not pandering to the male gaze quite as much as before?

Quote Originally Posted by PigLick View Post
    so instead if uglified we mean not pandering to the male gaze quite as much as before?
    Icemann's example was frikken Tifa FFS, so clearly not.

BANNED
    I've just looked this character up (never played a FF game) and I'm baffled even more.

Chakat sex pillow
    For clarification, by 'fan backlash' he means incel 4Chan and reddit posts.

It's not a surprise that the really vocal base for this kind of thing is sad manchildren yet again.
    Last edited by Sulphur; 21st Jul 2020 at 01:23.

Uglified = Less attractive. And as some men like big boobs that change would result in the character being less attractive to them. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Mmm, but by that standard, any change could be less attractive for someone. Tifa's chest going from "grotesque" to merely "large" probably made her more attractive on average. It's very difficult to believe in some sort of across the board "uglification" going on if making Tifa (and Lara Croft for that matter) look better is the signature example.

Chakat sex pillow
    Let's also note that Tifa is a terrible example of this, because the idea behind it was for her to not have jubbling jubblies bazoinging around the screen while she was moving - she's athletic, and most women athletes wear a sports bra. This is practicality winning over the male gaze, so it's not even an argument -- not that the core topic ever should ever be taken seriously as an argument.

i clicked on that link sulph, and now i feel depressed, thanks.
    I mean jesus christ, cant we all just enjoy breasts no matter what size they are?

Actually, it's about chest ethics.

Who would have thought that redesigning a character to fit a more realistic setting is not some huge conspiracy people make it out to be. But that doesn't fit the antifeminist rhetoric of reactionary gamers, so it's apparently more plausible to them that the multimillionaires who own these big game companies are suddenly going against their financial interests by bowing down to feminists and having the studios make female characters "uglier".

On a further note, do people think Japan is some magical fairyland where anything goes? That the notoriously strict and conservative CERO (that has developers turn female characters upside down to ensure there would be no accidental panty flashes) is somehow more accepting of sexualised themes and characters?

And, to be clear, game studios aiming for certain age ratings has nothing to do with feminism either and everything to do with conservative groups worried about entertainment, which is why these ratings boards were established in the first place.
    Last edited by Starker; 21st Jul 2020 at 04:10.

BANNED

Uglified = Less attractive. And as some men like big boobs that change would result in the character being less attractive to them. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Should character models be designed to satisfy men (as PigLick asked) - That is a separate topic. But character models being changed to be less attractive in western games dev / localisation has been going on for a while now. The changes to Lara Croft for example (for all releases in this case) in the reboot series.
    This is the stupidest "controversy" ever.

I've seen the Tifa stuff now and the character is still conventionally very attractive and very sexualised.

Please explain how Laura Croft, who now looks much more realistic and not like a blocky computer game character, is now less attractive.

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 49141924252627282930313233 LastLast