TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6111621262728293031

Thread: THREAD OF HYPE

Chakat sex pillow
    The Xbox game showing had a decent bunch of stuff. Here's what I was really looking for:

Nice.

Looking good.

Moderator and Priest
    Has anyone brought this up yet?

Oh, Stalker 2 (aka Stalker 4) has some big shoes to fill.

The trailer was an interesting mix. For some scenes I was hyped (& some scenes even reminded me of the book's anomalies), for some scenes I was worried, and for some scenes it looked like they were lifted straight from the first game.

If they keep the formula for the very first game it could be good.

Chakat sex pillow
    I dunno how well Stalker 2's going to turn out given some of the core talent behind SoC fucked off to form 4A Games, and GSC's been a shell of itself for a while. Still, the trailer looks pretty interesting. Hype springs eternal?

I'm excited to hear that they're making a sequel -- very unexpected. The graphics don't really look like that much of an upgrade really, but it's the all the other gameplay stuff that I'm more interested in.

That Psychonauts 2 trailer looks really good. Looks like the game has been delayed (again) until next year, but I bet it's worth the wait.

I didn’t even know there was a tentative release window, so I’m not disappointed by a delay. The few glimpses we’ve had definitely make it look like some of the old spark is still there.

Man, I had an observation couched in wit all ready to go, then you people had to go and get the thread back on topic.

(That is very much sarcasm. This is the only Chaotic Good forum I know. I appreciate its members' maturity, intelligence and humor, particularly towards the forum's, um, outliers.)

While I'm finding the Flight Simulator 2020 footage absolutely stunning for the most part, I can barely stop giggling at the... less than stunning... representation of Buckingham Palace roughly three minutes into this video:

More like Buckingham Apartments.

The US Washington Monument and Capital got pretty pitiful treatment so far too.
    You can see them at the 37m15s mark of this video:

It also has my old haunts of Austin and NYC, both of which are in fine form.

With as many preview videos as I've been binging over the last few days, I'm not giving myself a very convincing case why I shouldn't be getting this on release. I've spent so much time flying around in other sims that are nowhere near the same caliber as this one. And I believe them when they say it's only going to be improving over the next few years. It's already the GOAT on release and will only get better from here.

The Buckingham Projects. Which could make for a fun satire. And obelisk, shmobelisk, right?

I have to say that I find the imperfections in the world as fascinating as the bits that are pretty much pitch perfect. There's an uncanny-valley unreality to Google Earth also, where depending on where you are and how close you get to things, the world goes from scarily photorealistic to some Weird Fiction post-apocalypse. In some of the footage of the new Flight Simulator, you see the ghosts of things etched into the ground textures. In ObsidianAnt's video too, there's waterlogged Waterloo Bridge - yet cars drive across it. I find that combination of the whole world being represented, sometimes with breathtaking realism, and the odd, dreamlike differences to the real world to be quite compelling. It's like flying through a Fringe-style parallel universe.
    Last edited by Thirith; 5th Aug 2020 at 06:30.

Hitman 3 coming January 2021, and the whole trilogy will be playable in VR (on PlayStation). Now that's something to get hyped about.

Did I mention I just picked up a PSVR?

Level 10,000 achieved
    Don't get hyped until you've played a VR game with smooth locomotion. A lot of people get very nauseated by it. Also, non-VR games that get VR bolted on later have a so-so track record.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6111621262728293031