TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2712172227282930313233 LastLast

Thread: THREAD OF HYPE

Moderator and Priest
    Neat!

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Stein;Gate Zero Elite has been announced! Glad that I held off buying the existing release.

Steins;Gate Elite being turned into an interactive anime movie rather than a standard Visual Novel enhanced the experience for me.

(They announced a Hollywood live-action TV series as well. No thanks to that cancer.)
    First "gameplay" trailer.

I'm definitely excited for this!

Development progress update.
    Though platforms for Steins;Gate 0 Elite were not announced, Chiyomaru Shikura, president of Mages., stated that development of the game is proceeding well. Along with scenes from the Steins;Gate 0 anime, the game will include new scenes along with voiced lines. The engine from the first Elite game has changed. Lastly, the team finished analyzing “the script to reconstruct every scenario thus far was recently completed.”
    https://www.rpgfan.com/2020/10/28/st...iler-revealed/

Level 10,000 achieved
    IO Interactive are making a new game and you'll never guess what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slAhuh21ii8

That's right, it's NOT A HITMAN GAME! Seriously tho, perfect developer to take on this franchise.

If they're forced by the publishers to turn it into a generic third-person shooter, we'll send Agent 47 after them.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    If they're forced by the publishers to turn it into a generic third-person shooter, we'll send Agent 47 after them.
    IO Interactive are the publisher. They're gonna have their work cut out for them working for those assholes.

Seriously though, I hope that they don't just reskin Hitman.

BANNED
    Crate and Crowbar were talking about exactly the same fear Eva.

I'm interested to see what comes of this.

You know you need this in your life

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Brutal Fate, from the maker of Brutal Doom mod, SgtMarkIV. Looks mint!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1409460/Brutal_Fate/

Level 10,000 achieved

HYPE 2021

I know for sure THESE are the games I’m most excited to see in 2021.

“Wheelbound” by nicked
    “Glade Raid” by Pyrian
    “Renz’s Comic Book: The Game” by Renzatic
    “Untitled Thief-inspired Stealth Game” by Nameless Voice
    “Untitled Thief-inspired Stealth Game” by Gears94
    “Untitled Thief-inspired Stealth Game” by Bucky Seifert
    “Untitled Thief-inspired Stealth Game” by Owl2
    “Toilet Tycoon” by Yakoob
    “VR exploration game” by Weasel
    "Untitled turn based tactics game" by smallfry
    “The Wizard Emperor of Qirras” by demagogue

I can feel it, guys. This is it! 2021 will be the year you all finish your long-gestating indie projects!

Feelings of shame and despair.

I should finish at least mission 1 of The Dark Campaign, Shadow of Opportunity first (a TDM FM)... no wait, back up, first The Basket, the postapoc Red Riding Hood-inspired TDM FM, then Shadow of Opportunity, then The Revolution (my French Revolution rogue-like sim), and then I can get to the Wizard Emperor, which is the same basic model as The Revolution + isometric immersive sim fantasy setting & Python code is magic. If I get those two out, then I can do the cyberpunk version of that model... This is all just to clarify the depths of my as-yet thwarted ambitions.

Henke, you missed my badly pitched futuristic CK2 clone in a world of fragmented mega-cities, but it's okay because I gave up on it yonks ago.

I'm hyped for Field of Glory 2: Medieval to come out in about a month. The presentation is nothing special, and the gameplay is pretty much an accessible turn-based wargame, but damn was Field of Glory 2 fun to play. It wasn't about destroying enemy units so much as making them rout. You'd have skirmishers out front that can wear down the enemy, and when charged would automatically fall back and merge through friendly lines. Battles would get exciting because you could turn a defeat around. You'd smash your lines into the enemy and be losing one of your flanks terribly, just about hold out while the other flank wins and gets freed up. There are also magic moments when you charge the rear of an enemy causing them to rout, and the momentum of your charge continues to the rear of an enemy general causing him to rout, and then that morale hit sweeps like a wave over an enemy flank - winning you the game. It plays a bit better than it looks.

I've been following Monomyth for a while, and the New Year's Update shows that it's really starting to come together.

This is an underground imm-sim-RPG heavily inspired by Arx Fatalis and Ultima Underworld.

Never heard of Monomyth before, but hey, that does look pretty good! This game looks more like Ultima Underworld than Underworld Ascendant ever did. Even the combat feels more intense in Monomyth already! Looking forward to the Kickstarter campaign, even though I'm still quite wary after the Underworld Ascendant fiasco.

Having tested pre-Alphas for both Underworld Ascendant and Monomyth, I can assure you Monomyth is faring far better than Ascendant so far. He built a sound foundation and has carefully iterated on that foundation. One of the most infuriating aspects of how OtherSide developed Underworld was that they seemed to ignore our concerns about its rickety foundation, and instead proceeded to build layer upon layer of complexity on top of that rickety foundation.

BANNED
    That does look good.

Who is making this then?

I kind of disliked how OtherSide was presenting their overly ambitious features, such as developing a whole new language for the Lizard folks, all those ideas for the different factions, and having a complex ecosystem in the underworld... all that, while the actual gameplay needed (and still does) so much more work. Nothing wrong with being ambitious of course, but it just feels terrible how much time they must have wasted on all that stuff that never made it into the game. The lizard people speak one word in the game, the factions don't exist, and the complex ecosystem seems to be respawning monsters.

Has Monomyth been created by just one guy so far? If so, that's damn impressive, but he will need some more people on board if he really wants to pull this off. It's also quite an ambitious project (and that's quite an understatement!) after all. Hopefully the Kickstarter campaign will be a success.

As far as I know, it's just one person. Rat Tower on Twitter.

He's shown work on the level editor, creature sculpts, and other systems, so he seems to be multi-talented.
    Last edited by Nameless Voice; 10th Jan 2021 at 17:11.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I had to look at my Steam wishlist to remember what else I'm hyped about in 2021. Let's see.

Games I was hyped about already last year: Heavenly Bodies, Sable, Skin Deep, Gloomwood, Dead Static Drive, System Shock, Rain On Your Parade.

New stuff: soapbox racer Zeepkist is supposed to enter Early Access in a few weeks, looks fun. Midnight Fight Express is an isometric beat em up that looks slick as hell. Recompile is a third person shooter with a cool aesthetic.

As for AAA stuff, there's nothing that has me really hyped at the moment, but I guess I might play the next Zelda, Far Cry, Resident Evil, and VTMB games.

Heavenly Bodies looks like it could have been called Space Fella.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Haha, I can confirm that the controls are very similar. Each thumbstick controls an arm, triggers are grip.

Many of the games I'm hyped about are turning into forensics cases. I don't know if even the devs are still alive.

EGO
    Megastructure
    Hiversaires
    Inférences
    Abandon
    Dystoa

Seems like the Brutalist exploration trend in game dev is over. Many games were started, but now seem abandoned or gone without a trace (more or less). I'm hoping at least Neon Entropy and Memories of a Broken Dimension will one day be released.

Intuitively, I feel like Gloomwood will be next year, and coming to think about it - I bet Stalker 2 gets pushed back too.

This looks like my kind of thing. Sci-fi fantasy simulation where you control drones from an aircraft carrier.

Level 10,000 achieved

Machine Games working on an Indiana Jones game? YES PLEASE.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/

Well, that's a bummer. PC users have to re-buy Hitman 2 at 20% of the price, on top of Epic exclusivity, while console players get it automatically ported if they own it? Especially given that they were actively advertising the opposite...

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2712172227282930313233 LastLast