TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3813182328293031323334 LastLast

Thread: THREAD OF HYPE

Thing What Kicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post
    This looks like my kind of thing. Sci-fi fantasy simulation where you control drones from an aircraft carrier.
    It's probably silly to ask, but I take it you've played Hostile Waters?
    Love that game.

I only played a bit of it. When I get around to getting it running properly then I'll give it a real chance.

Level 10,000 achieved
    ZEEPKIST IS ALMOST OUT! ZEEPKIST!

Early Access Release date: January 28

Also just discovered this game Omno, a platformer with very pleasant-looking movement mechanics.

Release date: March/April

LittleFlower
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    ZEEPKIST IS ALMOST OUT! ZEEPKIST!
    I love the fact they call the game: "zeepkist".
    Even to an international audience.

BANNED
    Omno looks great. Very Journey/Sky isn't it?

Very cute.
    It would look great in VR. Seeing those fast jumps makes me wish for something to scratch that Windlands 2 itch.

Speaking of "cute", I don't know if it will come out in 2021 but I played the demo for Gori: Cuddly Carnage and it was a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to this one, it's no Bayonetta (yet) but the sheer fun was enough to hype me.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Oh damn! Check out Ill, first person horror game.

Combat teaser

Story cutscene teaser
    https://files.catbox.moe/2r5rw9.mp4

News article
    https://80.lv/articles/oleg-vdovenko...ror-adventure/

Level 10,000 achieved
    The Medium is coming out today, straight into the XBox game pass on PC, and I guess I'm kinda hyped about it?

It's a horror game by Bloober Team, the folks who made Observer and Blair Witch, both of which were scary games that weren't too scary, which I liked. Lovely worlds to walk around in and explore and get spooked.

Thing What Kicks
    Damn, this was just posted over on Blue's News, and it's a poignant mix of hype and regret for a thing that almost was; a 2 hour long-play of the XBLA Goldeneye port:

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Malf View Post
    Damn, this was just posted over on Blue's News, and it's a poignant mix of hype and regret for a thing that almost was;
    "Almost was". You can literally download and play it right now.
    https://archive.org/details/golden-eye-007-xbla-retail
    Playable in Xbox 360 emulator for PC, Xenia.
    https://xenia.jp/
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 16th Feb 2021 at 00:48.

Loop Hero dropped today and seems to be all the rage just going by the demo.
    Mixes cards into a roguelike (you place the cards to make your own play area & monster spawns as you go) in a way that hasn't really been done before (that I've seen)*, but seems like a pretty obvious idea that evidently does the trick. The first reason I like it is because I made up my own Magic TG variant for some fan rules site that was a lot like the core idea here; so I'm glad somebody took the idea and made something of it. (But FWIW, it's also good to use Magic cards to do this for a solo game.)

*Edit: The reviews for that game are pointing out that there are actually a lot of games that do this. But they still seem to all agree that this is the one that perfects the model anyway.
    Last edited by demagogue; 5th Mar 2021 at 01:58.

Both the Apache and Hind are coming to DCS World this year. I've always loved flying the DCS helicopters, so naturally I'm pumped.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Just finished my second playthrough of Golf Story, went searching for news on what the devs are doing next, and was surprised to see they've already announced their next game and I'd somehow missed it!

Very epic! Looks like the same characters as in the first game, but with a slight re-design. But oh no, what's THIS?

Oh no! Ok, that was 6 months ago. No news since. I hope Sidebar Games is doing well and they haven't bitten off more than they can chew. I will maintain my current levels of HYPE until further notice.

aww hope its ok, I loved Golf Story, probably my favorite Switch game.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yes!!! Mine as well. Recently I've been sitting down to play it right after work and there is such a feeling of wellbeing that runs through me when I do. Golf Story is good for my soul.

Yes, I really liked Golf Story too, although I never completely finished it. Guessing you don't even have to be a fan of golf to enjoy it. I'd definitely be interested in the sequel.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Adios is game where you're a pig farmer who decides he's done disposing bodies for the mob. Their hitman comes out to the farm and tries to talk some sense into you.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1271400/Adios/

It comes out tomorrow.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I haven't bought that Adios thing but it seems to be doing well with the Steam players.

New trailer for the game I am most HYPED for just dropped:

I don't know if a game could appeal to me more if it tried.

I have to say that I'm really looking forward to this:

I'm not entirely sold on the art design yet (there are times when it seems very effective and others when it just looks a bit amateurish), but I'm curious - plus it takes place in my favourite region in Switzerland and I'm curious to see how well it captures the feel of the place.

Edit: Oh, and this, obviously:

I was going to get started on Tyranny (since I'm about to finish replaying Everyone's Gone to the Rapture), but I think I'll play Mundaun instead and will then replay Disco Elysium, telling myself that I'll do everything differently this time before proceeding to doing everything exactly the same.
    Last edited by Thirith; 18th Mar 2021 at 05:49.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

From the developer of E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy. An insane-looking FPS made by insane Frenchmen, fuck yes!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...nda_Hired_Gun/

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    From the developer of E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy. An insane-looking FPS made by insane Frenchmen, fuck yes!
    Yeah, looks interesting. I'm glad that the era of bland military shooters dominating the landscape has come to an end.

Hype levels approaching critical. Gotta admit, I'm looking forward to the windscreen wipers just as much as the 30mm autocannon.

Pretty bad ass. The Hind is the one military aircraft that ever gave me legit nightmares after watching Red Dawn as a kid, so it has a special kind of place in my psyche. And this sim really brings it to life. Looks like it'd be amazing to fly around, up there with the Apache.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

French-developed JRPG, Edge of Eternity, is out early June (finished game) on PC. Pick it up on the cheap by buying the Early Access release.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...e_Of_Eternity/

PC Gamering Smartey Man

This looks like it could be a giant shitpost in game form.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...trol_Simulator

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3813182328293031323334 LastLast