TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 491415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gun Thread About Guns And Gun Related Gunnery

The point of gun control is not to eliminate all shootings, or all murder, for that matter. The point is to concentrate firearms into the hands of responsible owners in order to limit gun violence and accidents. No gun control makes it even easier for criminals to get them.

And yes, gun control does and should only work for the law abiding. If you aren't law abiding, you shouldn't have guns.
    Last edited by Starker; 2nd Apr 2018 at 11:30.

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    how can there be shootings in London?
    They usually stab each other. Presumably a few of them decided they'd rather not get so close.
    Generally though there can be shootings anywhere there are guns.

"22 stabbings and shootings" is 19 stabbings and 3 shootings btw.

will liberals EVER admit gun control only works for the law abiding leaving everyone else at the mercy of criminals?
    "I need it to protect myself from all the criminals" is a pathetically shit reason to have a gun.
    That you feel you need a gun to protect yourself from all the scary criminals is far more of a problem than there being guns everywhere.

BANNED
    ya'll are getting shot/stabbed & attacked with acid w/o the means to fire back. if that works for YOU then have at it, here I prefer to be able to fire back .

Most of Europe is an order of magnitude safer than America as far as gun violence is concerned. Yes, big cities are more dangerous and there's gang violence and whatnot, but isn't that so in America too?

Moderator and Priest
    ya'll are getting shot/stabbed & attacked with acid w/o the means to fire back. if that works for YOU then have at it, here I prefer to be able to fire back .
    It's all fun, games, and assertions of freedom until you get caught in the literal crossfire of someone else's fight.

Still better than acid, I guess.

I don't know, if I had to choose whether to be shot in the face or have acid thrown at me, I'd choose the acid.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    I don't know, if I had to choose whether to be shot in the face or have acid thrown at me, I'd choose the acid.
    So this is what society has come down to, huh?

If you say so, let me know how that works out for you when you get shot by the police.

All the relatively high number of stabbings in the UK over the last few years says about guns is that there aren't many in the hands of the sorts of people who kill other people. It might have quite a lot to say about a whole bunch of other things but not much about guns.
    That London has had more murders than New York in the last couple of months is as much to do with the huge drop in murders in New York as it is anything else, feel free to pick a more violent city in the US to compare (You'll find the number of murders in the whole of England and Wales is roughly similar to that of Chicago) and try to figure out if that says anything about the effect of gun ownership on crime.

Moderator and Priest
    Since we're on topic.

Reports of an active shooter at Youtube HQ. Bucking all the usual expectations (angry white guy/Islamic extremist), the shooter is believed to be a woman. Guess everyone wants to get in on this hot new trend that's sweeping the nation.

Reality check about whether London's murder rate (has) overtaken New York's.

Claim: London has overtaken New York for murders for the first time in modern history after a surge in knife crime across the capital.

Verdict: A selective use of statistics from the start of 2018 appears to bear this out - but the reality is that New York still appears to be more violent than London.

Something like this was bound to happen with YouTube. There's too many individuals making a living from producing YouTube content, with a false expectation of equal and fair treatment. YouTube, Facebook, and other social media sites are all coming under more pressure from the public, and especially advertisers, to suppress or censor content. So there's bound to be more disgruntled people looking for revenge when these social media giants cut off their income.

Moderator and Priest
    There is that angle.

But in this particular case, I think the shooting had more to do with the fact that the woman was very obviously off her nut.

True, but a lot of people making a living off of YouTube are nuts.

And revenge doesn't need to mean shooting people. I'm surprised that YouTube, Facebook, Twitter et al aren't frequent victims of hacks and DDOS attacks.

I'm sure they're targeted continuously. But websites that big can absorb DDOS attacks that would cripple smaller sites without so much as a blip on their metrics.

Um... they are. As is Google, Amazon, Valve etc. They are just so big that they can effectively deal with them most of the time. They have massive resources and redundancy to absorb all but the most dedicated attacks, and even then it's more of a minor inconvenience.

It's interesting that YouTube could save viewers from videos with guns, but not themselves.

Moderator and Priest
    She wasn't an Islamic extremist, if that's what you're hinting at.

No. She was a new agey overly opinionated vegan type who thought big business/the government/the meat packing industry/Raeleans were after her when Google put her workout videos behind an age check, robbing her of ad click revenue.

But maybe that's merely the narrative the leftist MSM wants me to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    She wasn't an Islamic extremist, if that's what you're hinting at.
    Of course not...Look at the statement she's pointing at.
    Last edited by Vae; 4th Apr 2018 at 17:01.

Moderator and Priest
    Weird that I can't find that exact article. Though I could imagine how it'd go.

"Nasim Najafi Aghdam, an angry white woman and alleged vocal Trump supporter, today broke under the pressure of living in this decadent moral wasteland we call Patriarchal America, and use the Right's mostly widely available tool of oppression to enact vengeance against the righteousness of Silicon Valley. Thank the great Zionist Overlord above that we don't personally believe in that Antifa was there to stop her before..."

Blah blah blah and so and so. Those crazy progressives. Always with their propaganda.

Weird that I can't find that exact article.
    They removed it, and so I edited my post.

Those crazy progressives. Always with their propaganda.
    There's plenty of propaganda on both sides.

Moderator and Priest
    Every single time we get news of a brand new, currently active mass shooting incident, I imagine two sides rolling the dice. One side shouts "WHITE GUY WHITE GUY! COMEON WHITE GUY!", while the other goes "ISLAMIC EXTREMIST! GO GO GO!"

This time, it landed on Crazy Animal Rights Activist Vegan Woman Who Makes Money Off Workout Videos On Youtube, which is kinda like the die landing on one of it's corner points. No one really saw that one coming.

But wait. What's her name?

Nasim Najafi Aghdam?

WE'VE GOT A WINNER, GUYS! WE CAN WORK WITH THIS!

Moderator and Priest
    Just saw this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	2466

...sounds like Goldmoon.
    Last edited by Renzatic; 4th Apr 2018 at 17:37.

The link reports "invalid attachment specified"...so either it's a bad link or I don't have permission to view attachments.

Moderator and Priest
    Let's try it now.

I can see it now...and yes, I've already seen that.

If one were to remove the mania from her statement, she does have a valid point underneath the crazy...and that pertains to the unwelcome control of expression via demonetization.

Every single time we get news of a brand new, currently active mass shooting incident, I imagine two sides rolling the dice. One side shouts "WHITE GUY WHITE GUY! COMEON WHITE GUY!", while the other goes "ISLAMIC EXTREMIST! GO GO GO!"
    Yes, this is true.

This time, it landed on Crazy Animal Rights Activist Vegan Woman Who Makes Money Off Workout Videos On Youtube, which is kinda like the die landing on one of it's corner points.
    This is incorrect...Her being an animal rights and vegan activist is notoriously a position on the far Left...therefore, this aspect provides positive utility for the Right and negative utility for the Left.

But wait. What's her name?

Nasim Najafi Aghdam?

WE'VE GOT A WINNER, GUYS! WE CAN WORK WITH THIS!
    Yes...her name works for the narrative on the Right, and works against the narrative on the Left.

So, all in all, this latest event favors the narrative on the Right...even with the caveat of her fighting against censorship, which is at this point in history, a position on the Right.
    Last edited by Vae; 4th Apr 2018 at 17:57.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 491415161718192021222324 ... LastLast